Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 1[ 25 posts ]

Sign-ups!Payne's Worst Game of Mafia CLOSEDTopic%20Title

aka Ami <3

A round wherein the mechanics and roles are horrible, and the only solace (kinda) is being a vanilla. But don't worry, I'll at least be fair to you.

Sign-ups will close 48 hours after minimums are met. Minimum player base is set at 7 players (not counting subs).

Basic Rules wrote:
GM: Genodragon1 (aka Ami)
Phase Lengths: 24:00 Night, 48:00 Day
Phase Change Times: 8:00 PM EST.
Communication Allowed: Thread only (Mafia may make a quicktopic and communicate via PM's). All players may PM the game master (me) with game questions.
Role Ratio: For every 4 players... 3 Town:1 Mafioso. For every 4 townies, 3 vanilla:1 roled. There will always be at least one roled mafioso. For every second mafioso after the first, one mafia role will be added (i.e. 1st Roled, 2nd Vanilla, 3rd Roled, 4th Vanilla). If there are 15 or more players, the 15th will be a third party.
Hidden Roles: No
Hidden Mechanics: No
B-mod round: No
Victory Conditions: See "special mechanics".

Game Info:
  • Voting will be plurality lynch. Whoever was first to receive the most votes will be lynched in the event of a deadlock. For example, if Player A has 5 votes first, and Player B has 5 votes, Player A gets lynched. If someone voting for Player A unvotes, but then revotes player A, Player B will be lynched.
  • Uses of powers stack. For example, if someone gets docced once and shot twice in one phase, they will die. If they get docced twice and shot twice in one phase, they will live.
  • Powers aren't usable night 0 unless specifically noted.
  • Don’t talk to dead players (about the game until it's over).

Player Roster:

Players: 7/7 (Minimums met! Keep signing up!)
1. Pierre
2. sumguy28
3. Cold52
4. Franzise Deauxnim
5. cesar21600
6. JesusMonroe
7. BlueJaythePirate
. . .

Subs: 0
. . .

Special Mechanics:

Spoiler:
- All special roles will be drawn from a pool of possible roles.

- The mafia must vote on who to hit, and who in the mafia carries out the hit. The decision will be made by majority. A vote will only be counted if there is both an assassin and a victim chosen.

- No roles or affiliations will be revealed upon death, unless a power specifically enables it.

- In this game, not only is loss possible for any factions, but it is possible for ALL factions to lose, thus ending in a tie.

- Any player may publicly declare victory for their faction at any time. To declare victory, post "MY FACTION WINS" like you would a vote. It will only be counted if it is truthful. Beware declaring victory, as there are conditions... read on! NOTE: the game will continue as normal until either victory is successfully declared or all factions lose!

- Mafia victory must be publicly declared before victory is given. If the mafia has numbers equal to or greater than the town (and third party, if present), a mafioso must post to that effect during the phase their victory would become assured. Failure to do so will result in the death of a mafioso chosen at random at the end of the phase. Prematurely declaring victory will also result in the death of a random mafioso. Inability for any player in the faction to declare victory results in a loss by default. Losing all mafiosi results in a loss.
Example: In a day phase where 2 to 3 townies and 1 mafioso left remaining, the last mafioso must declare victory at some point during that day phase to attain victory. This could be as done as late as the final minute, just as long as it's done before the phase change time.

- Town victory must also be publicly declared before victory is given. Otherwise, the game will continue until victory is rightly declared or there is only one to two players left. The Town wins when all other factions are entirely wiped out. Declaring victory while another faction has living players will result in the death of the townie that declared victory unjustly. If there is only one townie left alive, the town will lose by default. Mafia victory results in a loss for the Town. Inability for any player in the faction to declare victory results in a loss by default.
Example: Any phase after the last mafioso (or possible third party) dies, any townie may declare victory to win.

Possible Town Roles:

Spoiler:
- Diego Armando/Godot: If hit, Diego Armando joins the mafia as "Godot" instead of dying. The night result for the hit will be "No one died during the night.", just as if the hit was unsuccessful or the hit was blocked. Godot comes with a separate hit request that may be used so long as the game isn't in MYLO or LYLO. Post-defection Godot isn't able to be revived once dead.

- Larry Butz: Every night phase, Larry may investigate another player. The accuracy of these investigations is determined at the beginning of the game, and Larry is not informed of his level of accuracy. The levels of accuracy are 100% (always accurate), 50% (alternates between accurate and inaccurate starting with one chosen at random), 0% (all investigations are the opposite of what is true: thus, inaccurate), -50% (all investigations return with a "town" result), -100% (all investigations return with a "mafia" result), or -9001% (Larry dies during his investigation... of himself. His result is posted on the thread).

- Sister Bikini: Every night phase, you may be able to revive a dead player (regardless of faction). However, you cannot revive someone you have already revived before, and cannot revive yourself.

- Damon Gant: Every night phase, you may hit a player as you would as mafia. Hitting a non-vanilla player results in your death as well, however.

- Bandaged Apollo: You count as two townies as far as the mafia win condition is concerned. You can never declare victory. As long as you are alive, any attempt made by the town to declare victory results in failure.

- Romein LaTouse: You are not told that you are Romein LaTouse, only that you are a protection role. Every night phase, you may protect another player from death- at the cost of your own life.

- Wendy Oldbag: You are not told that you are Wendy Oldbag, only that you are a protection role. Every night phase, you may protect another player from death. However, if that target player tries to activate any power, they will not get any results.

- Adrian Andrews: You are not told that you are Adrian Andrews, only that you are a protection role. Every night phase, you may protect another player from death. However, if you happen to target Franziska von Karma, both Adrian and Franziska will be removed from the game and declared victors. If Franziska von Karma dies at any point in the game, so does Adrian (both being unable to be revived). If Adrian is removed in this manner, she cannot be revived.

- Franziska von Karma: Every night phase, you may target another player. That player isn't able to use players or use hit requests for that night. Targeting the same player twice in a game results in that player's role being taken and replaced with a vanilla role- at the cost of Franziska's ability to use her power. If Franziska ever targets Adrian Andrews, Adrian dies and Franziska will be removed from the game, both losing. If Franziska is removed in this manner, she cannot be revived.

- Celeste Inpax: You commit suicide at the end of Night Three, unable to be revived. However, the next day phase will reveal the roles and affiliations of all players killed during that phase.

Possible Mafia Roles:

Spoiler:
- Ted Tonate: You are an obvious mafioso. When you die, your role will be revealed upon death. However, if you are lynched, you will take a random player that voted for you along with you (neither player will be able to be revived).

- Sal Manella: The mafia is not informed of your existence, nor are you given the list of mafiosi. Your hit vote has a double weight to it in mafia hit request votes. The mafia cannot declare victory as long as you are alive. This role will not exist if the mafia only begins with one player.

- Terry Fawles: You commit suicide at the end of Night Three, unable to be revived. After you die, the mafia gains another collective hit request during the next night phase only. This role will not exist if the mafia only begins with one player.

- Morgan Fey: Every night, you may revive a dead player. If a revived player is killed, you may not bring that player back to life again. You may only revive a mafioso the same night you are the successful target of a hit request. Mafioso revival may be triggered by ANY mafioso as long as Morgan Fey still is alive, as long as it's included in their hit request.

- Darian Crescend: You have an extra hit request you ay use during a night phase. However, if you use it, you will have your role publicly revealed in the same phase and become ineligible for being revived.

The Third Party:

Spoiler:
Kristoph Gavin: You win when there is only one player left: you. You may only declare victory at that time. You will start as a "vanilla mafioso" within the mafia, and are imbued with all the powers of a vanilla mafioso. Your powers are:
- During Night Zero, you have a special hit request that can be used on anyone, revealing their role upon death. Unless specifically stated in the target player's role, they are still eligible for being revived.
- During every night after Night Zero, you have a separate hit request that only works on other mafiosi.
- If the town or mafia attain victory before you do, you automatically lose.
- If the town and the mafia somehow lose during the same phase, you automatically lose.
- The mafia may successfully declare victory when you are alive, because you count towards mafia win condition numbers.
- If you are the last player alive due to a player dying from an invalid victory claim, you lose.

Spoiler: Mandate Against Metagame Anything
I understand and agree that by participating in the game:

All actions made in the game must adhere to the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play. All in-game actions are towards the in-game victory. All actions expressed in the game are without insult, ill-will, harmful intent, or personal grudges. Furthermore, any outside alliances, friendships, or other relationships will not affect any of my decisions in the game.

During any game, the Game Master's (and/or co-GM's and/or proxy GM's) judgments regarding the game are final, and not subject to review. This is excepted ONLY when a forum rule is broken, or under very extreme circumstances. All cases will be assessed and processed by Vendetta Strada staff members only. In these exceptions, the staff decision is then final.

The use of meta-game methods for collecting and disseminating information is grounds for penalization. This majorly includes (but isn't limited to):

Screenshots of game-related content.
Creating/using a secondary account.
Using non-players to aid you.
Threatening, extorting, bribing, or otherwise forcing/buying the behaviour of any party involved in a game to influence the outcome of a game.
Reading restricted conversation areas. (Includes, not limited to: Dead/Spectator Thread, Mafia QuickTopic, other player's role PM's, etc.)

I will always pursue the victory of my faction. I will not knowingly and/or willingly assist other factions, unless it does not interfere with my chances of victory. I will make no attempts, through any action or inaction, to knowingly hinder the efforts of others within my faction to achieve victory.

I will not, through any action or inaction, attempt to ruin the game's experience for others. I will not be arrogant in victory, nor contemptuous in defeat. I will be respectful toward all other players of any background and skill level.

The utilization of means to circumvent the phrasing of this agreement will be considered a violation. Anything determined to violate the spirit of this agreement is subject to penalties on par with a violation of any of the specific directives.

If for any reason it is determined that I am in violation of the MAMA, I understand that I will be penalized for my actions with or without warning, inclusive of being expelled from current and/or future games.
If you are incapable of abiding by this agreement, do not play the game.
MAFIA GAMEPLAY RULES

All participants must agree to the MAMA in order to play any and all rounds of Mafia.
All round-specific requests (power usage, item usage, affiliating, etc.) must be sent to the Game Master via private message. The use of instant messaging clients to request is forbidden.
Living players may not directly quote any messages they receive from the Game Master without their express consent.
Game Masters reserve the right to remove any player from their game at any time, for any reason they wish.

LIFE, DEATH, & ACTIVITY RULES

Living players may not view or post within the Dead Thread, and dead players may not post in the Living Thread. You must immediately contact the GM or a member of the staff if you have the ability to break this rule.
You may not, as a dead player/spectator, reveal round-specific information to living players.
Signing up for a round and being inactive will not be tolerated. Players are removed from a game after a duration of its GM's choosing, which cannot exceed 72 hours to maintain site efficiency.
The abuse of thread access to indiscriminately post irrelevant bulk messages is not allowed. However, you're not required to remain completely on-topic all the time. The more amusing you are, the more lenience you'll receive.

Last edited by genodragon1 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:01 am, edited 8 times in total.
Re: Payne's Worst Game of MafiaTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Love the Mama!

I'm in.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

This sounds absolutely crazy.
In. MAMA.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Just another day.

well this is gonna be interesting. :V

im in.

payne mafia without payne, 0/10

also too much water

I'll give this a try, MAMA

aka Ami <3

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
payne mafia without payne, 0/10

also too much water

I'll give this a try, MAMA

Payne hosts the game.

Water?

And yay~ I'm most of the way to minimums. ^_^

genodragon1 wrote:
Water?

It's why ORAS got a "low" score

I make a lot of random/obscure/stupid references to things

aka Ami <3

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
genodragon1 wrote:
Water?

Same here, I just haven't plugged into the Pokemon community in forever. Or seen reviews of many video games.

ORAS got a low score? What, did IGN 8.8 it?

Uh...I...don't know what to think of this so...

/in /mama
Signature loading, please wait...

I've felt worse.

genodragon1 wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
genodragon1 wrote:
Water?

Same here, I just haven't plugged into the Pokemon community in forever. Or seen reviews of many video games.

ORAS got a low score? What, did IGN 8.8 it?

"7.8/10 too much water"
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

inmama

aka Ami <3

ONE MORE PLAYER AND WE HIT MINIMUMS

SO EXCITE

LOVE EXPERIMENTING WITH ROUNDS <3

Sleeping is my life.

Oh sure... I'll bite.

In /MAMA

aka Ami <3

Sign-ups will remain open for 48 more hours (or more precisely, for about 51 hours and 40 minutes as of typing this part of the post), and close officially at Saturday, April 25th, 9:00 PM EST. If y'all want in, or know someone that might be interested, be sure to let them know!
Re: Sign-ups!Payne's Worst Game of Mafia(Apr25, 9PMest DeadlTopic%20Title

Man,I hope more people sign up before the game starts.The game just won't be as fun without most of the roles.

cesar26100 wrote:
Man,I hope more people sign up before the game starts.The game just won't be as fun without most of the roles.

It's hard to get sign-ups for mafia games here. Just hope they get more popular, I guess

aka Ami <3

cesar26100 wrote:

I find that no matter how large the round, as long as there's friends and competition, there's always an adequate amount of fun. However, yeahhh... I was hoping we'd see at least three or four more people.

JesusMonroe wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:

It's hard to get sign-ups for mafia games here. Just hope they get more popular, I guess

Yes and no. It always depends on the site, schedules, etc. Time was that forty-player games were the norm. My first round was on this site, and it had 60 players.

genodragon1 wrote:
Yes and no. It always depends on the site, schedules, etc. Time was that forty-player games were the norm. My first round was on this site, and it had 60 players.

Hooooly shit. I can't even imagine that. I get overwhelmed by the 17 person, 200 page games on VS. I can't even imagine a 60 player game. It would last a very long time and writing up reads/reevaluating reads would probably kill me

aka Ami <3

JesusMonroe wrote:
genodragon1 wrote:

Hooooly shit. I can't even imagine that. I get overwhelmed by the 17 person, 200 page games on VS. I can't even imagine a 60 player game. It would last a very long time and writing up reads/reevaluating reads would probably kill me

It lasted over a month. To be fair, like... five or ten people were inactive and got replaced.

Wow,that sure is a lot of players.I've checked some oher mafia communities and even those don't get so many players,even in large games.How did you keep track of your reads then?

aka Ami <3

cesar26100 wrote:
Wow,that sure is a lot of players.I've checked some oher mafia communities and even those don't get so many players,even in large games.How did you keep track of your reads then?

I don't really remember. My first round, I happened to be part of a GM error and the town watch had me in there the entire time I played.

I just saw the DT for an old round of mafia in the eagle river section of the forum...wow.

aka Ami <3

Okay, sign-ups are closed. Please close the thread.
Re: Sign-ups!Payne's Worst Game of Mafia CLOSEDTopic%20Title

aka Ami <3

Welcome to the DT, cesar.
Re: Sign-ups!Payne's Worst Game of Mafia CLOSEDTopic%20Title

no, this is patrick
Page 1 of 1 [ 25 posts ] 

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus