Go to page Previous  1 ... 570, 571, 572, 573, 574, 575, 576 ... 639  Next

Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title

How's everyone been lately?

Gettin' Old!

HunterxHunter wrote:

Pretty tense

My university course is due to start soon and so I keep struggling to convince myself that "I deserve this" everyday. The thought of starting a placement and all the paperwork that involves is pretty intimidating too.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

HunterxHunter wrote:

I've been ok. I signed up for a class and stuff.

I'm finally getting Ace Attorney 5 on my 3DS because it's on sale.

I finished Spec Ops: The Line and beat the main story of Alan Wake...other than that, not much.

Gardevoir lover

So i watched Suicide squad.

...I'm probably gonna get crucified for saying this but... I actually really enjoyed that movie, sure it had lots of problems but honestly i really enjoyed watching it.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

HunterxHunter wrote:

My hours at Gamestop keep getting slashed or canceled because of employee shifting (it's summer, people go on vacation and such, not to mention the still-recent shooting) and it's beginning to make me paranoid that I'm gonna lose my job or get so little hours that it'd be like not having a job anymore. C'mon, guys! I just talked to my doc about not having to take my anti-depressants anymore because I have a job that I really enjoy; I'm even on a lower dosage before stopping. I don't want to have to go back.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
HunterxHunter wrote:

My hours at Gamestop keep getting slashed or canceled because of employee shifting (it's summer, people go on vacation and such, not to mention the still-recent shooting) and it's beginning to make me paranoid that I'm gonna lose my job or get so little hours that it'd be like not having a job anymore. C'mon, guys! I just talked to my doc about not having to take my anti-depressants anymore because I have a job that I really enjoy; I'm even on a lower dosage before stopping. I don't want to have to go back.

C-A

You've had this job since about...Christmas-January?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

June.

C-A

Rollercoaster day so far.
Downside: any headset with no cable at Gamestop (though there aren't many there, I know) are way too expensive.
Upside: I talked to my boss and was told that the lack of hours honestly IS just cause summer, vacation, etc. So, I didn't make a mistake or so.

Double Upside: they had the black Zelda cap with the gold metal plate of the Skyward Sword symbol in! And I bought it! And got my employee discount on it! Whoo, waiting to buy it was so worth it!
Downside: I messed up on the shopping and ended up with a heavier bag than I could carry, so I had to ask mom to meet me at the mall with some extra bags.

C-A

So Cat, I have two questions.

One:
How is Thearhythm Final Fantasy? I recall you talking about it at one point. I saw a copy for super cheap at a semi-local Gamestop. Wondering if it's worth the price.

Two:
My dad and I are planning on going to a German bakery/resturaunt and I was wondering what foods you recommend? We were already recommended wienerschnitzel and the cordon bleu. Anything else you recommend?

Recomend Combo: (3X)

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is fun, if you enjoy rhythm games and are overall a huge fan of the Final Fantasy music. Minor annoyance in that you have to beat the songs in increasing difficulty to unlock the next one (you have to complete the song in Basic difficulty, before stepping up to Intermediate and such), but it does help in getting a new player used to it. I do not recall if the game had DLC... I don't think so? Also, once you have done the songs, you will most likely spend your time on Dark Notes.
Dark Notes are one Field stage and one Battle stage and this is where you'll mostly go to collect color Shards, to unlock FF characters for your party.

Curtain Call heavily improved! One, you don't have to unlock higher difficulties. You have more FF games added in (including X-2, XIII-2, LR, Chocobo Dungeon and Crisis Core, I think you can even unlock Sephiroth as a character...?), as well as more characters (characters from those games I mentioned). Larger list of songs to play through, which is definitely fun. AND the game has DLC, which was not all that expensive, in my opinion. Majority of the DLC is more songs to download. Some of them from Final Fantasy games, but also OTHER Square games! Including Chrono Trigger, Romancing Saga and other games. Great!

The other DLC are alternate forms of some characters. For example, you can get Advent Children!Cloud, Yuffie, a Young Auron, Advent Children!Tifa... I got only two DLC characters, but I personally felt it was not worth it in the long run. While they do have slightly different builds and/or skills to the 'regular' version, it overall is not really worth it. At least, for me. You might think differently. I personally think it would have made more sense to have the alternate forms be unlockable 'costumes' to select...

The 'Dark Notes' in Curtain Call are changed to being full-on maps. Not just Field and then Battle stage; no, here you have a full map to traverse with a variety of Field or Battle stages and what music it plays. (I personally noticed that Man With The Machine Gun was used A LOT for battle stages in the first game's Dark Notes) Again, this is where you mostly can collect color Shards to unlock characters. I personally found the maps to be boring after a while, especially if they are longer ones.

There's also online 'battles' you can have with other players or against CPU enemies, if you do not want to use Wi-Fi.

If I had to suggest which to buy? ...I cannot say for sure.
Both have upsides, but also downsides. But as said, if you enjoy rhythm games and FF music, you can't go wrong with either.

As for German bakeries or restaurants...
Can't help you with the meat part, since I don't eat it. You mean you will be going to Germany or just looking for German-based bakeries? If it's the former, it'll depend on where you're going. But my mom overall suggests, if you are in Germany, to go to 'small' bakeries. They tend to be good. You will probably have to look for them, though.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Both Theathrhythms are utter gold games. Curtain Call is outright better. The dark note mode of the first game was a bit repetitive as it only pulled from like 20 songs whereas the Maps in Curtain Call use like any song even the DLC ones work their way in.

You also get Daily songs which are just a randomised selection of songs that give you a boost in Rhythmmia (currency that determines unlocks) so if you wanna just pop in for a casual song without much care what you play that works.

If you can get any of them cheap though its a sound purchase.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

CatMuto wrote:
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is fun, if you enjoy rhythm games and are overall a huge fan of the Final Fantasy music. Minor annoyance in that you have to beat the songs in increasing difficulty to unlock the next one (you have to complete the song in Basic difficulty, before stepping up to Intermediate and such), but it does help in getting a new player used to it. I do not recall if the game had DLC... I don't think so? Also, once you have done the songs, you will most likely spend your time on Dark Notes.
Dark Notes are one Field stage and one Battle stage and this is where you'll mostly go to collect color Shards, to unlock FF characters for your party.

Curtain Call heavily improved! One, you don't have to unlock higher difficulties. You have more FF games added in (including X-2, XIII-2, LR, Chocobo Dungeon and Crisis Core, I think you can even unlock Sephiroth as a character...?), as well as more characters (characters from those games I mentioned). Larger list of songs to play through, which is definitely fun. AND the game has DLC, which was not all that expensive, in my opinion. Majority of the DLC is more songs to download. Some of them from Final Fantasy games, but also OTHER Square games! Including Chrono Trigger, Romancing Saga and other games. Great!

The other DLC are alternate forms of some characters. For example, you can get Advent Children!Cloud, Yuffie, a Young Auron, Advent Children!Tifa... I got only two DLC characters, but I personally felt it was not worth it in the long run. While they do have slightly different builds and/or skills to the 'regular' version, it overall is not really worth it. At least, for me. You might think differently. I personally think it would have made more sense to have the alternate forms be unlockable 'costumes' to select...

The 'Dark Notes' in Curtain Call are changed to being full-on maps. Not just Field and then Battle stage; no, here you have a full map to traverse with a variety of Field or Battle stages and what music it plays. (I personally noticed that Man With The Machine Gun was used A LOT for battle stages in the first game's Dark Notes) Again, this is where you mostly can collect color Shards to unlock characters. I personally found the maps to be boring after a while, especially if they are longer ones.

There's also online 'battles' you can have with other players or against CPU enemies, if you do not want to use Wi-Fi.

If I had to suggest which to buy? ...I cannot say for sure.
Both have upsides, but also downsides. But as said, if you enjoy rhythm games and FF music, you can't go wrong with either.

As for German bakeries or restaurants...
Can't help you with the meat part, since I don't eat it. You mean you will be going to Germany or just looking for German-based bakeries? If it's the former, it'll depend on where you're going. But my mom overall suggests, if you are in Germany, to go to 'small' bakeries. They tend to be good. You will probably have to look for them, though.

C-A

Oh cool, so it's worth it? I might have to go pick it up, then.

I'm not going to Germany, but there's a bakery/resturaunt by this old German couple that apparently is quite authentic. My cousin's boyfriend lived in Germany until he was 16(ish) and he felt at home.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

/shitpost/
It feels super good being able to buy things whenever I want. This job may be tiring, but I'm glad I have it.
Also, Chico will be 12 on August 30th! My baby is getting so old~(இ﹏இ`。)
I also have to go back to Barnes and Noble on the 30th or 31st to get the second volume of Corpse Party. ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ
/end of shitpost
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Yandere wrote:
/shitpost/
It feels super good being able to buy things whenever I want.
/end of shitpost

OmG, I know! Isn't it awesome!? :kristoph:

Also, can anyone suggest a manga about a person being bullied or 'betrayed' by their 'friends' and they don't give a shit? Especially if they have already been bullied in the past? I really don't see why I have to be the one who keeps making this stuff. I want someone else to do the job for once.

C-A

Mentally punched 2 customers today. My first rude customer(s) since I started being a cashier.
So it was a mother and daughter. About 40 something and probably 60 something. I rung up their purchases, told them their total and set up the payment option because they were paying by card. "Not approved" appeared on the screen.
Tried again. Same thing.
Instantly the mother looked at me and said "you need to do your job", "you don't know how to do your job", etc I was internally screaming and they were SO close to catching these fucking hands.
Anyway, I grabbed a manager and the problem was solved. After the manager walked away they both looked at me and said "what did you do?", "you obviously were pressing the wrong thing", etc. Bitch, all I press is "EPS tender" and "enter". Whatever happens after that is all the customer's doing, not mine. For some fucked up reason they kept thinking their pin number was the total, but I'm the stupid one right? I'm the one not doing my job. I'm the one that doesn't know what I'm doing. My night was fine after that, but they were rude af.
So glad I'm home.

I'mma send your story to RHU, Dawn.
Yeah, customers tend to do that. Think YOU can't do anything because, you know, you're in RETAIL. You don't have a REAL job. (Just watch how fast society will break down when all these people with 'not real' jobs stop doing them and all these hoity-toity entitled people have to do things for *GASP* THEMSELVES!)

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Yandere wrote:
Mentally punched 2 customers today. My first rude customer(s) since I started being a cashier.
So it was a mother and daughter. About 40 something and probably 60 something. I rung up their purchases, told them their total and set up the payment option because they were paying by card. "Not approved" appeared on the screen.
Tried again. Same thing.
Instantly the mother looked at me and said "you need to do your job", "you don't know how to do your job", etc I was internally screaming and they were SO close to catching these fucking hands.
Anyway, I grabbed a manager and the problem was solved. After the manager walked away they both looked at me and said "what did you do?", "you obviously were pressing the wrong thing", etc. Bitch, all I press is "EPS tender" and "enter". Whatever happens after that is all the customer's doing, not mine. For some fucked up reason they kept thinking their pin number was the total, but I'm the stupid one right? I'm the one not doing my job. I'm the one that doesn't know what I'm doing. My night was fine after that, but they were rude af.
So glad I'm home.

Geez that's rough, also a pretty silly mistake to make. It's also such an awkward one to point out because you don't want to make the customer feel stupid. Their attitude was pretty awful though.

Also Cat with the increasing prevalence of "Self-Serve" counters in supermarkets I'm no so sure Society would break down as you said. I think it's kind of a shame as I think many retail jobs have been destroyed by these. It only takes like 1 person to run like 5 or even 10 Self Serve Counters.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

But the customers still require a retail employee to be available because the machine could be doing something wrong. Like not registering 'own bag' or not weighing something properly. Imagine if no employee was there, all just based on machines. If the machine makes a mistake (or you do) no convenient 'slave' there for you to snap at.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
But the customers still require a retail employee to be available because the machine could be doing something wrong. Like not registering 'own bag' or not weighing something properly. Imagine if no employee was there, all just based on machines. If the machine makes a mistake (or you do) no convenient 'slave' there for you to snap at.

C-A

Well if there was no one in the shop at all then there's nothing to stop folks from just walking out of the shop without paying...
Made by Chesu+Zombee

So I'm finally getting to Ace Attorney 5. Doing that first case again almost put me to sleep, but it looks really good! The 3D is good and the models are pretty ok. Doesn't look amazing beside the AA5 character models. They really improved those models a ton.

GASP! Finally talking about Ace Attorney on an Ace Attorney forum!

Also, 22900th post.

Gardevoir lover

"After 20 years Pokemon's Ash Ketchum is competing in the Pokemon league finals"

...This is the definition of a slow news week.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
"After 20 years Pokemon's Ash Ketchum is competing in the Pokemon league finals"

...This is the definition of a slow news week.

And practically every Pokémon player will be holding their stomachs in laughter, because THEY competed (and won) the league finals a good dozen of times by now.

C-A

Danksgiving

with the new pokemon games not having a gym challenge and it being the 20-21 year anniversary for Pokemon, im seriously wondering if ash is going to win this time.

i mean, he probably wont but i think his chances of winning moved from 0% to 1%

Mister Gruel wrote:
i mean, he probably wont but i think his chances of winning moved from 0% to 1%

I'm pretty sure that, since it's Ash, he will still fuck it up somehow. Or they will have contrived reasons for why he cannot participate.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Ugh there's nothing worse than that feeling of having this back out of a shift you have already started due to illness. Sorry guys :( hope it goes OK without me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Or due to injury. When I fell on the asphalt and limped around, with my knee swelling and stiffening, I told myself, "No! At the very least, you will remain at work, until your co-worker is done with his break!" That's one of my main functions there: so that the full-time employee can take their relaxing, one hour break, without having to remain in the vicinity of customers. But when he was done with his break, he said I should go home early. And then I put the ice pack on my knee. Ooooooh, that was cold.

C-A

So I was at work tonight, and boss was heavily cleaning out the back. There was a huuuuge pile of stuff in the corner I was supposed to trash tonight. She also mentioned there was a whole load of aluminium cans.

I can sell those as scrap metal.

So I told her I would take them. Then I went about my business until I noticed there was a stack of old pans and woks and stuff.

I can sell those as scrap metal.

So I told her I would take those as well.

Here's the problem...I have a car, not a truck. I had no idea how the hell I was gonna get those out of there. SO I called my brother, who has a truck, and he agreed to help me haul them. Here's where the problems really started to begin.

So before he showed up, boss dumped some bleach on the floor to get some of the really hard grime out of the floor. I started to scrub and scrub and it worked for a bit, but it stopped work on the floor and started working on my eyes. The fumes were starting to burn my eyes! Luckily, the fumes weren't bad enough to make me go blind or anything, but I had to stop mopping.

Then my brother showed up with the truck and some of those giant, black, contractor bags. Awesome! What was less awesome is that the pans...still had old grease in them... He told me that if the bed of his truck got greasy, I would have to clean it. Fair enough, grease sucks, so I agreed thinking that if I just tied the bag super well, there would be no problem. Yeah, well, it would've been no problem if the bag wasn't punctured on the way home...

So when we got home, I unloaded both the bags and then he showed me the mess the grease made and told me to clean it. So there I was, 11pm, wiped grease out of the bed of a pick-up.

I'm probably only going to get pocket change for this shit...and I dunno how I'm even going to get it to the scrap yard without ruining the interior of my trunk because the bag is covered in grease now...maybe I'll try to throw it in a new bag...I dunno...

So how's everyone else doing?

In Justice We Trust

That really stinks, Builder--literally and figuratively, from the sound of it.

For the most part, I'm doing well. The weather is warmer than I would prefer and my house is being raided by ants, but otherwise, it's just business as usual at my place.
I'll always love you, Max.

General Luigi wrote:
That really stinks, Builder--literally and figuratively, from the sound of it.

For the most part, I'm doing well. The weather is warmer than I would prefer and my house is being raided by ants, but otherwise, it's just business as usual at my place.

Yeah, when I went out to put the pans in a new bag, that smell...wasn't the best. It's not nearly as bad as actual garbage, but it's still pretty bad.

I did take the stuff down to the scrapping place. They told me that I needed to be 18 to scrap stuff...but they paid me regardless, which was super cool of them. Made a respectable 7 bucks. Not bad considering it's basically free money.

So, was it worth it? Yeah, sure, why not?

Also that sucks, General. Our place got raided by ants a few years ago and it was not fun to deal with.

Ace GalPal :D

I'm looking for fanfiction to read while playing games obviously I'm trying to figure outhow to download the next GK game.

Siggy Made By Nadindi Avii Made By the Lovely Chloe

My class finally started today. Yay..

In other news, I went to a local store and handed in my resume and introduced myself to the manager. She said I was in luck as they were going to be looking at applications in the next few weeks and I should be getting a call soon. I hope I get picked, because I could really use another job.

Ace GalPal :D

I have two classes a day

Siggy Made By Nadindi Avii Made By the Lovely Chloe

The Enigma

Started college after taking a year off. Made me realize how much I appreciate naps. I'm kind of nervous about this year but I'm not as drugged up on medication as I was my freshman year, so we'll see how it goes.

Unrelated: I want another tattoo, but I don't know what to get. I was thinking a tiger...or maybe a dragon.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

OH BOY, 3AM!

Getting my wisdom teeth removed in a couple hours from the time of posting this. Anything advice from those who already had theirs out?
"The business is on. I am trying to raise the balance for the Gummy Bear so he could submit all the needed Fizzy Cola Bottle Jelly Beans to the Creme Egg for the Peanut M&Ms process to start. Send £1,500.00 via a Giant Gummy Lizard" -Solomon Odonkoh

Sniper and Rifle wrote:
Getting my wisdom teeth removed in a couple hours from the time of posting this. Anything advice from those who already had theirs out?

Have yoghurt or even milkshake handy. (milkshake must be drunk regularly, not sucked through a straw!) When I had non-wisdom teeth removed, I generally had a milkshake a few hours later. It was soft, cool and great for my hot, aching jaw and everything. My lower wisdom teeth were removed proper-surgically (knocked out for it, since they hadn't broken through the gum yet) and all I recall was desiring strong painkillers after.

When the upper ones were removed (which had broken through), I still went the yoghurt way. Not filling, but you'll likely be feeling unpleasant or groggy and don't want to eat a whole lot. Also, if you have ice packs or ice pillows in freezers, go ahead and grab one of those.

C-A

OH BOY, 3AM!

CatMuto wrote:
Sniper and Rifle wrote:

Have yoghurt or even milkshake handy. (milkshake must be drunk regularly, not sucked through a straw!) When I had non-wisdom teeth removed, I generally had a milkshake a few hours later. It was soft, cool and great for my hot, aching jaw and everything. My lower wisdom teeth were removed proper-surgically (knocked out for it, since they hadn't broken through the gum yet) and all I recall was desiring strong painkillers after.

When the upper ones were removed (which had broken through), I still went the yoghurt way. Not filling, but you'll likely be feeling unpleasant or groggy and don't want to eat a whole lot. Also, if you have ice packs or ice pillows in freezers, go ahead and grab one of those.

C-A

Just got back from the surgery (none had broken through yet). Thank you for the advice! I already have the milkshake (have not drank any yet) and an ice pack. Should I just hold it to my checks and for how long?
"The business is on. I am trying to raise the balance for the Gummy Bear so he could submit all the needed Fizzy Cola Bottle Jelly Beans to the Creme Egg for the Peanut M&Ms process to start. Send £1,500.00 via a Giant Gummy Lizard" -Solomon Odonkoh

So the Ace Attorney 6 demo comes out tomorrow. Who's gonna be playing it?

OH BOY, 3AM!

Builderkid107 wrote:
So the Ace Attorney 6 demo comes out tomorrow. Who's gonna be playing it?

*raises hand*

Mostly for the opening cutscene and the fact that I'd like to try the Deviation Seance.

Anything new happen lately?
How has everyone been?

I'm having a terrible, emotionally-low day. As in, the type of day where I SHOULDN'T work, but I did. Cause, you know, had to and all. Fortunately, it was only three hours and I only began to really lose it around an hour before finishing up... I need a hug or something... also, less weird and tiring dreams. For some reason, Sephiroth was chasing me cause I was an outlaw or something.

C-A
Page 573 of 639 [ 25547 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 570, 571, 572, 573, 574, 575, 576 ... 639  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus