Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 31 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 48  Next

Re: NG7: The Nullification Game (Timeline B1)Topic%20Title

hi

"S-So...that was the right choice?" Violet stammered. She turned away from the crash, trying to maintain her composure. "H-How did you know Midge anyways?"

Emma slowly got up, taking the box with the vaccine. She grabs a chain wrapped around her neck, revealing a silver wedding band attached to it. She looked at it solemnly for a while, not paying attention to what any of the others said, before turning to look at them.

"...we have to decide what to do with this." She said blankly, while holding the box. "How will we go about doing that?"
Signature loading, please wait...

1000% Knight

Teddy (now apparently freed) made his way to the other end of the cavern, where everyone was now congregated. As he approached he slowed, awkwardly avoiding eye contact with Emma.

"I don't know what you two had, but... thanks," he said. "And... I think that's your vaccine. You get to decide what to do with it."
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

Bradley sniffed "Miss Midge...she was so nice." He wiped his tears away on his sleeve " Should...should we check on her? Maybe she's ok?" Bradley said hopefully
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

“S-so wait…were you two married or something…?”, Albert asks confusedly. “N-not that I’m judging, it’s 2032 after all but…damn. That must’ve taken a lot to even do… Fucking hell, that was intense… S-so who gets the vaccine now?”, Albert suddenly questions.

ASCEND

"I, uhh... don't think checking on her is a good idea," Helios said, "It doesn't seem like it's gonna be pretty..."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

Ghost, approaching the group along with Teddy, quickly made their way over to Emma and placed a hand on her arm. "Teddy's right. This is your vaccine. And... I'm so sorry this had to happen. Null must be a monster to have set this up."

"I think... we should leave Midge." said Adriana. "There's... I don't want to disturb her any more than she already is... was...."

“Alright.” Teddy put on a rubber suit and began to sift through the trash. “Let’s get to work.”

“You’re planning on digging through all...that?” Adriana’s nose wrinkled.

“Not my first choice but it’s this or dying.”

A few people began to sift through the trash at Teddy’s lead. Eventually…

“Aha!” Teddy smiled. He pulled out a key with a ‘7’ on it.

“Oh, good work.” Helios praised. “That must be for the chessboard then. I suppose our next course of action is simply determining whose trial it is…”

“Do we really want to do another trial…?” Ghost looked warily over at THE REFORMER door.

“Want has nothing to do with it. We have to.” Teddy waved his hand over. “Let’s go.”

Happy Maria

"A-alright...we're starting this up now?", Albert asks. "So any idea whose trial this even is? Ghost, can you give this a try first?"

Shy guy

"Why me?" Ghost asked, somewhat suspiciously. "My trial is number 9, the PEACEMAKER. 7 is the ENTHUSIAST, which... sounds to me like it might be Bradley or Violet? Are we... sure we want to do this trial?"

Happy Maria

"O-oh, is it? My bad, man. M-my mind's gotten a bit fucked up with all this shit happening", Albert clarifies. "But if this is one of the kid's trials...nngh. There's only one vaccine we've gotten so far, though. W-we need to do this..." He grimaces. "Brad, Vi...please. Maybe you'll even get a child vaccine out of this."

1000% Knight

“As fucked up as these trials seem to be, if we don’t do them, we’re just going to die of Blight,” Teddy pointed out. “And that includes you too now.”

ASCEND

"Mr. Blaketon's right," Helios said, "It'd be somewhat absurd if the childrens' trials didn't give them child vaccines, so unfortunately, this trial may be our only chance to help one of them."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

hi

Violet walked up to the door. "It's either me or Bradley's trial then?" She shrugged and took the 7 key, inserting it into the keyhole.

An electric jolt could be heard as it shocked Violet.

hi

Violet let out a shriek as she jumped back. She rubbed the burn on her hand. "Ow ow ow ow...guess that's Bradley's trial then."

Shy guy

"Ah! Are you okay, Violet?" Ghost asked anxiously, running over to check. "A shock like that shouldn't hurt for too long at least, I think."

hi

"I'm fine." Violet waved off Ghost. She let go of her injured hand. "It doesn't even hurt that bad anymore."

Gettin' Old!

Bradley frowns watching Violet get shocked, clearly the results of the last trial are still on his mind. "Ghost maybe you should do your trial first." He muttered uncertainly
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

Ghost's head snapped around to face Bradley, but the hazmat suit meant whatever expression they wanted to give went unseen. "I... really don't think you would want that," they said, wringing their hands anxiously. "But... your trial, it's ultimately your choice whether you go through with it or not. No-one can make you do it. Not now that we know what they entail..."

1000% Knight

“Can you cut all the ominous crap and just tell us what your trial requires?” Teddy snapped at Ghost.

Shy guy

Ghost backed away at the words, but then shook their head. "If... it comes to it, and I need to go through with it, I'd... rather do it alone. No-one should have to see that. Especially not... some of the others here," they said, glancing around. It was unclear who exactly they were looking at as they said it.

Gettin' Old!

Bradley's eyes narrowed "How do you even know what your trial requires Ghost? Miss Emma sure didn't when we started that one!" He crossed his arms "Regardless of how 'nice' you've tried to be here you could always be faking your memory loss and are still a dead ringer for the one who kidnapped us."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"My trial's already started," Ghost explained meekly. "But I refuse to do it. I can't... I just can't. I need more time to think it over."

1000% Knight

“There was a tape recorder in the bedroom with Ghost’s trial,” Teddy explained for the others. “Only Ghost could listen to it, though.”

Gettin' Old!

"Tch convenient...I suppose you've been told you need to kill some of us or something then is that it? And you don't have the guts to even tell us what it was you were told right?" Bradley said through gritted teeth mustering all his anger.

"Fine, I'll try the stupid trial then if you need more time to figure things out" he spat turning and taking the key before trying it in the enthusiast lock. He turned and stuck his tongue out at Ghost before turning.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Emma spent some time being quiet, apparently thinking about something. She turned to Ghost after a while.

"...right now, we can only save one of us. I don't know what your trial is about, but if you don't do anything most of us will die." She said matter-of-factly.

She then looked at Bradley as he turned the key, hoping it would work but evidently having some doubts.

Hello. Bradley. Welcome to your trial.

Bradley looked up at the voice, seeming oddly calmer than normal.

“The rules are simple. You will play a game of chess against the opponent of your choosing. The winner gets a vaccine, the loser will die.

“If a child wins, they can get a child vaccine. An adult winning will get an adult vaccine. You may have NINE practice games.

“Standard chess rules apply. Do not let time run out per turn.”

“Just chess, huh? This seems like an easy enough to trial to game.” Albert muttered.

“Game?”

“I see what you mean.” Adriana nodded. “We can get someone to lose on purpose.”

“Ah.” Bradley nodded in understanding, then thought about it. “No.

“No?!” Albert shouted. “What the fuck, are you insane kid?!”

“Well someone losing on purpose doesn’t seem fair.” He pursed his lips. “So...I want someone who’s going to try! I want to earn my vaccine!”

[Meta-note: some story stuff is gonna happen before the trial actually starts but Bradley's opponent needs to be decided first]

Gettin' Old!

Bradley frowned "Well maybe I wouldn't want to play if someone has to die." He crossed his arms "What about a draw? Or a stalemate? What happens then?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"We can decide if we get to that point. It's not a special solution though, we'd probably determine the score by pieces captured and if it's a perfect tie we'd just run another game."

ASCEND

"So, someone here has to play chess with a kid and whoever loses is k-killed?" Helios asked, wiping sweat off his forehead. "Is anyone even up for that? Is Bradley even up for that?"

Gettin' Old!

Bradley clenched his fists "N-no Mr Helios, I am not. I don't know what Miss Null is expecting with these sick games but I'm not going to kill someone for a vaccine. I'm a hero! Not a bad guy." He started slightly and gave Emma an apologetic look "You of course had no choice ma'am. You were locked into your trial from the get go."

He turned away from the door "Chess should be played for fun anyway," he tutted "Maybe we'll find more vaccines elsewhere."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The next natural destination was the bedroom: where Ghost's team searched. That's where his trial was after all.

"Hmmm...." Ghost thought. "I....still need time to think."

"Ugh, this is so frustrating!" Violet pulled on her hair. "We still only have one vaccine!"

"We still have over 3 hours." Ghost reminded. "I suggest we check out some of the other rooms. Maybe just spend some time resting a bit. The trials aren't going anywhere."

"Interesting room." Helios muttered.

It was a simple bedroom. There was a king-sized bed in the middle, with the covers messily strewn about on top. A shelf was next to the bed with some books on it.

There was also a small workspace at a nearby desk, and a closet.

"You guys thoroughly searched this place?" Helios asked.

"Yeah." Teddy nodded. "What do you take us for?"

Helios bent down and checked under the bed.

"Mr. Bianchi, this is your room." Helios chuckled.

"What the fuck are you saying?"

He pulled out a teddy bear from under the bed and flashed it to the large man.

"...alright I'll give you that one." Teddy chuckled too.

"Wait." Albert interrupted. "You guys searched this room and nobody checked under the bed?"

"What's the big deal?" Teddy shrugged. "It's just a stuffed animal."

Ghost took the bear from Helios. "It appears to have some sort of stitching on it. Was it ripped?"

Helios took it back and studied it. He felt around with his fingers and...tore the bear right open.

"Ah!" Violet shouted. "What did it do to you?!"

Helios then produced...a simple USB flash drive. Some stuffing from the bear was still stuck on it.

"They still make those?" Albert shook his head. "What the hell...weird that was in the bear."

"Can I see it?" Bradley asked, leaning to grab it a bit too eager. "How does it work?"

Helios held it high above Bradley. "I don't think so. I believe you've heard of the term Finders Keepers, right?"

"What?" Bradley clenched his fists. "Ghost was the one who found the stitching!"

"And I found the bear. Ghost and the others had a three hour headstart on searching this room. I found it, so it's mine. End of discussion."

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Bradley gave Helios a look, puzzled by this baffling display of immaturity. "Well nevermind then, I'm sure one of the adults will just hit you and take it from you then." Bradley said with a shrug before going to look at the books.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Last edited by Pierre on Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emma turned to Helios. "There were some computers in the Biolab. You're not planning on just keeping that without even seeing what's in it, right?" She asked, confused at Helios's behavior.

Shy guy

"Oh, but, before we leave, we never did go over everything we found here," Ghost said, rubbing their arm around the tear. "The spare hazmat was in the closet over there. On the bed was the anagram, for 'THE PLACEBO EFFECT', but I still don't know what that was for. Oh, and, behind the closet's back was a... hidden doghouse. We found a picture of... um, well, Teddy has it, he can show you if he wants."

hi

"Aren't you supposed to be an adult to run for president?" Violet taunted Helios. "Bradley's more mature than you. He probably knows more about that thing than you do!"

ASCEND

"I don't really know why anyone's making a fuss out of this," Helios said, clutching the flash drive. "It's just a flash drive. There's absolutely nothing to do with it before taking it to a computer. Heck, it's not even one of those extendable ones you can push in and out like you're clicking a pen." Helios looked at the flash drive somewhat disappointed.

"In any case, I don't see why we won't all be present when we plug it in at the computer lab. Until then, I'll hold onto it."

Happy Maria

“S-Sure.” Albert nods. “So then, what’ll it be first? The trial or the computer? I think it’d probably be better if we check out the computer now… I doubt that any of us are ready for Bradley’s trial yet anyway.”
Page 31 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 48  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus