Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 27 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Lynching Phase)Topic%20Title

"That works for me, not like it matters much who votes who in the end anyway."

"Sorry, but I can't go along with that plan." Turbo finally spoke up, his twin standing silently behind him. "But if you want me to talk, then sure, I can do that. I still don't know or understand most of what's going on here, but I can tell you about myself."

He cast his eyes to the floor. "...I used to be Richard Davis, a security guard for the Liddell family. I was at their mansion the night the Caulderwoods attacked. Somehow Joseph had gotten hold of something of theirs; I never found out how or what it was for certain, but I'm assuming it was Jack. Anyway, when the Caulderwoods arrived and the slaughter began, I... fled. Abandoned my station at the first opportunity and got as far away from the place as I could. I tried to forget everything about that night, changed my name, buried my past, and started a new life." He chuckled derisively. "The great Turbo, wrestling champion of the world, ran like a coward without even trying to put up a fight. Zero - Daniel - knew that, of course. That's probably why he picked me for this game. It's certainly why he branded me with the lowest 'spirit' of anyone here. There wasn't anything I could have done, though. If I stayed, I'd have been killed too. ...That's what I kept telling myself, anyway. ...I'm sorry, Daniel. Maybe if I'd stayed, things wouldn't have turned out like this. Maybe none of this would have happened. Maybe I could have saved someone besides myself."

Turbo clenched his fists, walked over to his booth alongside his clone, and punched in his votes. "I'm voting for myself. I'm pretty sure nobody here wants to kill anyone else. The only ones who have really been targeted were Jack and Iota. I don't think I need to explain about Jack, and Iota was, for the purposes of the game, Zero, and Zero himself told us to go after him. The button incident wouldn't have killed anyone permanently. On the other hand, if someone did betray this plan and voted for someone I voted for, I'd be partly responsible for that person's death. I can't go through that again. This might not be the safe choice, or even a smart one, but for me, it feels like the right one."

Shy guy

Admin #1 was silent for a few moments, quite surprised by Turbo's decision. "...Well now. I suppose it's now relevant to inform you that killing someone can't undo their votes. Even if you want to shoot one of the Turbos along with everyone else, there will still be two votes cast by him."

Gettin' Old!

Marley nodded in agreement "Gid ta hear, but somethin's come ta mind ah'd like answered before we go in." he said lighting up a cigarette thoughtfully.

"Trin, back in da last phase when we was in tha bathroom and study it was me 'n Turbo's turn for stuff. Now in da vault phase before ah'd learned Cube 'ad a handgun, one dat would last each round not like this one since he'd gotten it as a prize in the armoury." he indicated his own pistol and gave a bashful grin "Ah mean, figured we should confiscate something like that and ditch it." he said with a shrug.

Bling Marley lit his own cigarette and continued "But ah did find out tha' you had it. Somehow." he said stroking his clean beard thoughtfully "In fact, y'had much more dan his gun. Ye had his protection token he'd stolen from you and even 'is rubber knife. Looked like ye'd basically gotten all his stuff, between phases...without joining me an Turbo in the 'spiritual realm' or wherever dat was."

Hatless Marley looked at Cube "Kinda makes me wonder 'ow you 'ave yer gun now t'be honest unless you were packing two but ah'm more interested in how Trin got so many items between phases without being in the same room or the other dimension. The phase before it 'ad been Fauna and Jen communicatin' while we was in da vault so doubt you woulda reached it dere. Could any of you two shed some light on that?" he asked Cube and Trinity before stammering short as Turbo's revelation rudely cut off all his talking.

"Well...den..." Marley said somewhat stunned "Ya don't agree to us shooting you in the head? Or tha voting procedure or both?" he asked first, his cigarette wilting in his mouth slightly as he stared slackjawed in surprise at Turbo. "Ah mean...ah'd figured you'd done something like that but ye shouldn't beat yerself up so much about it. Ye've been good goin' through dese rounds, but ah bet ye didn' want to admit that to Iota's face neither. Ah think Zero was hoping we'd judge each other based on what ye'd done in the past."

Hatless Marley just looked at Turbo perplexed "But whit are ye hopin' to achieve? A vote fer ye still wouldn't kill ya if yer trying to commit some kinda suicide 'ere." he said gritting his teeth with frustration that WAS NOT ENTIRELY DIRECTED AT TURBO.

Bling Marley paced, clearly quite distressed by Turbo's vote.

"Nah nah, it's awright. We can fix dis. Here's 'ow it works. We don't shoot Turbo's clone. If'n he's voted fer himself twice then he'll kill that clone himself and we do this voting pattern."

Turbo > Turbo
Fauna > Marley
Marley > Trinity
Trinity> Cube
Cube > Mari
Mari> Jen
Jen > Fauna

"Should still leave us all alive," he said.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

1000% Knight

All of Trinity's faces turned bright red.

"Well, t-that's..." One of them started to explain. "The prize I got for solving a p-puzzle in one of the rooms was a machine that let me steal all of one player's items once. I used it right after the whole vault i-incident, when you all were talking about killing me, Mari, and Fauna... I did it to get the gun, since I didn't know what C-Cube would do with it, and I wanted a way to protect myself because I didn't push the button and I w-wasn't going to let you all kill me for something I d-didn't do!"

Trinity paused and took a big breath. "...I didn't say anything about the item g-grabber because I already saw how much of an issue holding the protection t-token had been. And I didn't say anything about getting the gun because I really did just want it to p-protect myself, and with tensions that high after the whole vault ordeal, I thought revealing I h-had the gun would just add fuel to the fire.

"Anyway, I don't think Turbo is trying to kill himself, but just m-make sure that he doesn't kill anyone else. We could just vote in the circle you p-proposed without Turbo. We also could j-just... not kill any clones.

"...Of course," Trinity added darkly, "If Turbo is lying about voting f-for himself..."
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

No other way than to make this mistake.

"I think our best bet is still to go with Marley's plan. We should also forget about everything else right now because arguing about items isn't going to solve this dilemma," Jen #1 speaks.

Jen #2 then turns to Turbo and starts talking to him. "Turbo, putting yourself down isn't going to help you. If anything, if you stayed there you'd have been a casualty too. Considering how many people died at said massacre, you would've had no chance of saving anyone. It sounds harsh, but that's the truth. One man can't fight against an army like that."

"But, I still have something to clear up." Jen #3 paces around the room, eventually turning to Trinity. "You're the only one here that hasn't spoken up about their past, Trin. You seem awfully suspicious because of that, so do you have anything you want to say to clear that up?"

Gettin' Old!

Marley tentatively chimed in over Jen's shoulder as she mentioned arguing about items "Ah still wid like it if we dropped all tha weird things Mari 'as been carrying that ain' done anything yet. Admin seems to think we won't like the outcomes so why even take unpleasant surprises eh?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

1000% Knight

"No, I don't. There's n-nothing to say," Trinity responded. "At least, nothing I think you g-guys will be interested in."

"Typical. We're evidently interested, so please talk unless you have something to hide." Jen #1 responded.

Jen #2 turns to Marigold after hearing Marley talk. "Oh yeah, about Mari's item, what exactly IS it and how'd you find it?"

1000% Knight

"Talk about what? Which of my coworkers I g-get along with? My favorite musicians? Where I get my hair d-done? Like I said, there's nothing I can t-think of that could possibly be related to this mess, besides the time you q-questioned me about that Caulderwood's death."

"What did you do for a living before you were abducted then?"

1000% Knight

"I was the assistant regional m-manager in the office for a wholesale hardware d-distributor," Trinity answered. "Same place as when you questioned m-me, just a bit higher in the corporate ladder."

"No, I don't agree with Turbo voting for himself. The entire point of voting in a circle rather ban everyone voting for themselves is because it incentives that people don't change their votes. Even an 'innocent' person might not vote for themself as part of a plan because it assures a little extra survival."

1000% Knight

"The problem is that Turbo has already voted, so we'll have 8 votes in, m-minimum," Trinity said. "At most, we could have two people votes for T-Turbo and have Turbo vote for two other people, to try to 'patch' the circle... which might be f-for the best, in case Turbo is lying."

Shy guy

"No changing votes that have already gone through!" Admin #1 says. "We wouldn't want to ruin the fun now would we?"

All of Cube quickly search their pockets hearing what Trinity said.

"What the...how does that even happen without me noticing?!" He sighs. "Although I guess...there's not much point in arguing about that now. More importantly...we gotta think about what to do now that Turbo went ahead and voted before us, I guess Marley's plan still works but...what if Turbo is lying? He can't change his vote so what Trinity proposed doesn't work."
Signature loading, please wait...

Gettin' Old!

"Depends on whether ya all trust Turbo or no. 'E ain't done anything t'give me reason ta doubt him." Marley chimed in a look of exasperation on his face "but if we can put the melodrama aside fer now this really don' change much. Dis process was always going to involve trust."

Hatless Marley snorted a funny idea coming to his head which he shook away dismissively. "So at worst...if everyone else cooperates den Turbo could kill two people. Folks were always gonna be at risk. Ain't possible to avoid that unless we take some really dark routes."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

"The Admins probably took the items from each of your b-bodies when they weren't active," Trinity said to Cube. "Anyway, if the votes can't be changed... I guess our only options are to trust him and vote in a circle, or not trust him and a-all vote him. ...Or even if we d-don't trust him, we can still just vote in a circle and accept w-what happens."

Shy guy

[At the rate this is going, I'm going to push back the phase change to Tuesday 12:00 GMT. Please do take as much time discussing matters as necessary - the phase change is mostly there to counter inactivity.]

"To be frank, I dont trust him at all. I do think he's lying, but I figure most of you won't want to all vote for him on a hunch. But I don't think we should do Marley's plan, and Turbo's actions definitely seem to me like a way to avoid it. I say we vote in a circles if we go through Marley's plan now, Turbo could kill two people."

"The device, yes. Let's talk about it."

The Chanels sigh heavily and take out their mysterious devices. Two of them hold the devices forward, as if offering for others to take them. The third, however, seems to input a code on the devices keyboard and holds down the button.

"So, Admin 1 said these were trouble? I think they'll be helpful," the Chanel holding the button says lazily.

"Look, I'm not doing this to be a jerk or nothing, but I'm just doing this to ensure my own survival. I was given the instructions to this back when I found it. The device is designed to be perplexing and inoperable to those who were not given the instructions. It's a dead man's switch. It's hooked up to a bomb inside of it that can kill you and everyone in the room with you when it activates. The only way to turn it on and off is through the sequence I just input into it. If I had ever wanted to, I could have used it to ensure my safety during the lynching periods, but I can't hide using it, and it's a huge distraction in the puzzle rooms. Plus, I had a protection token during round 5, and I didn't think anyone was voting for me during 4 or 6."

Suddenly the other two Chanels recoil as if in horror for a moment with the switches they're offering, and then pass them to Chanel prime, who pockets them both with a nod, acknowledging the direction of the conversation.

"Actually... I think I'm going to keep the secret of how to operate them to myself. Sorry guys, but if Turbo theoretically lied he may have voted for one of you, not like I think that's what he did, but I would rather not give a switch to someone who might hypothetically blow us all up. I'm pretty confident though that he didn't vote for me, and I'm pretty confident nobody will mess with me now. I know it sounds mean, but I've got to look out for number one. Once this game is over I'll turn off the switch and we can forget I ever had to do this, okay?"

"Also, I might as well put in my vote now. I'm fine with the plan as stated, these two can 'die'," The Chanel with the switch says as she moves to her console and votes for Jen. The other two kneel with their heads down, accepting their fate.

"Mmm.. I'll say you've convinced me. Smart plan." Jen #1 inputs her vote for Fauna while Jen #2 and #3 kneel down next to the Chanels.

Gettin' Old!

Marley frowned "Aye ye sure kept that quiet. Guess we's all had secrets. Ye realise we can't change Turbos vote? So now you activating that bomb has screwed us if he voted for you."

Marley glanced up at the ceiling "Admin, if we disabled the dead man switch could that stop this stupid bomb?"

(Does the fact she did it in narrative confirm she voted for Jen?)

"How about we don't f**kin' vote anymore until we've reduced the numbers aye? Ye could have put in three votes dere and that wouldn't be anything we can change! In fact can I even shoot any of yer clones now that ye've set up that bomb?!" He demanded.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

[OOC: I assume we can see if they vote or not, but not who they vote for. Can we see how many votes they put in, though?]

"Pretty sure it would work anyway if she punched in 3 votes. All 3 have 3 lives and 3 votes only take out 3 clones so it doesn't really matter, I think."

(You can see who votes and who doesn't. I think if you vote IC it's a confirmed vote.)

1000% Knight

[Each clone is a "life," so it's not that each clone has 3 lives, but that she has 3 lives because she still has 3 clones. So if Chanel voted Jen 3 times and we kill 2 of Jen's clones, then Jen has 3 votes, which means she loses 2 lives, so her last remaining clone dies. At least, that's how I understand it.]

1000% Knight

"If we can't be s-sure of how many votes each person has put in now, the safest bet is to just vote in the circle with all of our clones, without k-killing any of them ourselves," Trinity said worriedly. "It's true someone could cause chaos by voting d-differently, but... they could do that even if we eliminated s-some of our clones, plus I think at this point we all have a weapon of some sort and could do something if we wanted, even w-without the lynching game."

Chanel reaches into her pocket with her other hand pulls out another switch and activates it, then she deactivates the one she had out to begin with.

"You should be able to kill my clones, yes," Chanel says with an affirmative nod. "I get that I'll kill you guys if I'm wrong about Turbo, but I've got to protect myself from all the other votes that could be thrown my way. I'm just upset I was late on the draw."

"Anyway, I guess..." she glances at her wrist.

"... C1's switch wasn't working? That's sort of mysterious, but about par for the course in this game," she pockets the dud switch with a roll of her eyes.

Shy guy

[Even if someone makes their vote 'public', that doesn't confirm it. Anyone who's voted so far could be lying.]

"Aw come on, you really want me to reveal something that would ruin the fun?" The Admin replies to Marley's direct question. "But I can comment on the voting thing - each clone has to personally vote to get their input counted. You've seen that only one of Marigold's clones voted, so that means only one vote has been counted so far. Interestingly, that means that if you don't hurry up and shoot her spare clones, all three of her die due to not having voted enough!"

Last edited by KamiPanda on Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

(Bad wording on my part, my bad.

If Jen gets 3 votes then 2 of her clones die. Chanel gets 3 votes and 2 of her clones die, Fauna gets 3 votes so 2 of her clones die and so on. It works anyway, I think. Of course, it wouldn't be a problem if you have to vote 3 times with all 3 clones to actually input 3 votes.)

1000% Knight

[Okay yeah... In the circle voting, we can either vote with all 3 clones and not kill any of them, or kill 2 of each and vote with 1, but we can't vote with all 3 and then kill 2.]

"Okay, so we don't have to worry about them s-secretly voting three times," Trinity said. "We still have the option of voting with all of our c-clones and not killing any of them, or killing two of them and voting once."

"The safest bet is killing two clones and voting once. I don't think anyone has any objections to that, and we might need to get a move on because of what the Admin said earlier." Jen #1 said.

Gettin' Old!

Marley grunted "Well you admins ain't doing yer job properly" Bling Marley said removing two AA batteries from his pocket "Guess what I took from yer device Mari. Guess they didn't update it for the others."

"Ah won't try mah luck and remove the other batteries but if wes doing this then anyone with a clone should get line up and we should off them. I'll shoot if anymore of yer clones try an vote."

"Also it'd be helpful if ya tell us if ye voted for Mari now Turbo, cause if so then we need to know and adjust the vote accordingly, else we're all dead. Yourself included."

Marley looked back at the ceiling "How big and bad is this bomb anyway?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Last edited by Pierre on Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

"We've been doing our jobs just fine. It's the only reason you're standing here right now, and standing there, and standing there..." Admin #1 counters. "The purpose behind duplicating items was to create the illusion that your bodies were remaining constant, even when they in reality weren't. That's the trick behind achieving Replicate Control - the mind must be made to believe that each of the three bodies are all one and the same. When it can't distinguish between them, it begins to treat them as one, and thus eventually it controls all of them as one. I believe you were given the analogy in Morphogenetic Field Theory that the body is a computer and the mind is a server on the internet. Think of it as a single server serving multiple computers at once."

"When it came to the device, we didn't believe it mattered if the batteries were present or not. It looks the same from the outside. Granted it might make for an embarrassing situation were Marigold to try and use it when only one was present, but given the timing that would never come up - if the batteries were stolen in the second set of rounds, the next time that device would be seen again would be in the Cloning Lab, after Replicate Control has been achieved anyway."

Shy guy

Pierre wrote:
Marley looked back at the ceiling "How big and bad is this bomb anyway?"

"Admin #6 tells me it's capable of splitting entire universes, which I have to assume is some kind of joke, otherwise I'd also have to be worried about it." Admin #1 adds to his previous reply. "Well, suffice it to say we'll be safe, at least, but I can't say the same for you lot. The walls are reinforced, as is the roof. Oh, we're just below you, in case you hadn't realised. First stop on the elevator is the Administration room, or in other words, the Admins' quarters. Try not to all get blown up - we'd love to see you down here! Well, that's a lie. But I'm sure you get the idea."

"What's the point of having us go to the administration room when we'd probably kill you? You also said you don't want to see us, so why?"

Gettin' Old!

"Sounds like we'll be alright once we're clear of the house. Let's take a moment ta breathe and clear this out."

Mari cannot die.
Mari voted once for Jen
Jen voted once for Fauna

"So tha plan is still on, seems like yer voting with the pattern ah suggested. Let's just get the clones done with, except yours Turbo and get voting."

He glanced at Jen "Ah think they all hate our guts Jen."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Thanks, Tetra, but even so, I don't want to be responsible for anyone else dying. That's why both of 'me' voted for myself." He directed this last part to the Marleys as well. "It'd be nice if I could prove it, but I guess there's no way to do that without breaking the rules, so... everyone, do what you need to do. Like Marley said earlier, any plan we come up with is going to require trust."

Shy guy

"That's just how the mansion is laid out, I guess." The Admin replies vaguely to Jen's comment. "Besides, we're not worried. There's a thick glass wall between you and us when you're heading down, and you probably don't want to start something when #2 and #4 are here with us. Most likely, Daniel probably thought we could explain things to you as you passed, but I've no interest in that anymore. Besides, I think I've explained plenty already."

Gettin' Old!

"What'll you all do once we're gone?" Marley asked absently.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 27 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus