Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 41 of 98[ 3882 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 98  Next

Re: Danganronpa F3: Risk vs. Reward - Chapter 2 Daily LifeTopic%20Title

"While I cannot see myself gambling often, I admit it was an exhilarating experience. I would not be averse to participating again."

Kagayaki bowed her head, then headed to the kitchen. She once more steered clear of Dale's stove, carefully stepped around Akio with a soft "Pardon me", and made her way to the refrigerator. She located some lettuce, tomatoes, and other various vegetables, and began rinsing them in a nearby sink.

Shy guy

Noticing what Kagayaki was doing, Dale asked her something. "Want me to fry you anything while I'm here? You do veg for me and Akio, I cook something in return?" The question was punctuated by a fresh burst of smoke and a shower of oil droplets from the pan.

"Ah..." Kagayaki started, seemingly caught off-guard by the offer. She shook her head. "That's quite kind of you, Lord Valler, but I must decline. I... do not consume animal-based nourishment. However, if you and Lord Taira wish to have salad, it would be no trouble to prepare more so long as I am making my own," she added with a smile.

"N-Nooo...no salad...I need some of that fatty shit..."

I require pandas

Sachiko popped her head into the kitchen. "Yo did I hear salad? Set me up with some of that delicious green stuff please!"

Shy guy

"Well... I don't like receiving a favour without returning it." Dale said. "But if you're already preparing some... just gimme the scraps or something, I don't really care so long as it's got vitamins and whatever." After saying this he flipped the various meats he had in the pan over. Most of them, including Akio's burger, were pretty burnt, which he seemed to accept as perfectly normal.

"Who the hell is the Michelin chef!?"

Casey kicks open the kitchen doors carrying her bat.

"Oh hey Dale, Kagayaki! This smells so damn good. Can I get one order of your finest burgs? Oh wait, can I make it two if I do the dishes for everybody."

She takes a seat on one of the counters, out of the way of the others, and watches them work.

Shy guy

Dale grinned, another rare instance of a smile. "See, now we're talking! Working together like this, we'll get much more done."

Finally conceding the need to use a new pan, Dale pulled one out at random, filled it up with the appropriate inappropriate amount of oil, and then tossed two more burgers into it. Soon the kitchen and surrounding area would be filled with twice the amount of smoke.

Akio crawled up to the pan and retrieved his burger, placing it between two burger rolls.

"I'm so jealous...Dale can protect, and cook too..! So talented..."

Akio took a big bite, enjoying the slightly overcooked burger.

I require pandas

Sachi coughed as she entered the kitchen. She laughed. "Holy shit, Dale....youre like a master chef!" She said, though made a mental note of where the fire extinguisher was, just in case.

While Dale cooked, Kagayaki quickly sliced up various ingredients for the salad, set aside some extra lettuce and tomato for the burgers, then assembled the rest in a large bowl before dishing some up on a plate for everyone currently present (yes that includes Akio.) She passed the plates around, then set the larger bowl on the counter so anyone coming in later could help themselves, along with a couple extra plates and bottles of dressing and vinaigrette.

"Oooof...veggies..."

Akio eyed the vegetables carefully.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Oooof...veggies..."

"I assure you they will not bite," Kagayaki smiled.

Did... she make a joke?

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Oooof...veggies..."

"I assure you they will not bite," Kagayaki smiled.

Did... she make a joke?

Akio took a piece of lettuce and began to poke at it. "Maybe if you douse it in fire...burning things always make them taste better..."

Akio eyed the pan Dale was cooking in. Too afraid to approach the grill, Akio flung the piece of lettuce onto the pan. He missed.

ASCEND

The leaf of lettuce, having departed from its course, smacked into Anissa's cheek, but she didn't seem to notice, just as no one else had apparently noticed her arrival.

She holds a large bowl of fresh greens (one could go as far as to call it a Big Salad) and stared at it contemplatively. She mumbled, "I... h- hate vegetables," and then resumed eating the salad anyway.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Casey manhandles her bowl of vegetables. She forks several bites into her mouth at a time, and it seems like she avoids chewing them as much as possible.

"Kagayaki, you nailed it! This is a damn good salad! I mean to be fair it's been a while since I had food prepared by people who know what they're doing."

Casey accidentally takes in a breath full of smoke and goes into coughing fit.

"*cough* *cough* That... *cough* hamburger air tastes pretty good *cough* too..."

"Akio you gotta be eating your leafy greens, dude! On the streets you could get killed trying to get your essential vitamins, and here they are being served to you, dawg!"

Shirly comes in and eyes the food suspiciously. She takes a carrot and rinses it out. She takes a bite and chews for a few seconds.

"...okay, this is not poison."

"I only eat char-grilled or flame broiled meats," Akio said, taking another bite of his burger. "Ooh...and grilled corn..."

Akio nearly threw up again as a result of his hangover, but he successfully choked it back down. "...A-Anyways, unless you douse it in fire, it'll taste weird..." Akio took a look at his burger, saw the grill marks, and threw it in fear.

"T-There's smoke in the air..! I-I didn't notice..!"

[Shhh]

Not wanting a repeat of the pool, Shirly brought a bucket to Akio's side.

I require pandas

Sachiko picked out and ate pieces of lettuce, plain. While she was eating, she took out a vial, opened it....and just stared at the medicine inside.

"Do I even need this now...?" She mused to herself, before reclosing the full vial and stuffing it back in her pocket. She resumed eating the leafs of lettuce and watching her classmates.

"I've got it, guys!"

Suddenly there's a crash in the room as Casey dives head first off the counter to catch Akio's burger. Unfortunately, she's a little too late and it coasts behind her like a hockey puck.

"AAAAAAAGHAGA, HECK!"

She howls on the floor holding her head. There's a metal clanging noise as her bat falls off the counter behind her. She groans and slowly gets up.

"Hey punk! You're lucky I didn't catch that else I woulda cracked you between the eyes with it. Now it'd be unsanitary to. I'd like you to have a little respect for the burger boys alright? A lotta craft went into it... ugh..."

Casey feels the bump on her head and frowns.

"Y-You didn't need to try and catch it!" Akio snapped, running out of the kitchen.

ASCEND

"I- I don't mean to j- judge..." Anissa mumbles, picking at her salad. "But c- can't you guys go a few hours without hurting yourselves? It's g- getting me stressed out..."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"I'm fine man! I'm just cleaning, I took a dive, but I feel great! We run a pristine shop around here! Thanks for your concern though, Anissa, I don't mean to worry you or nothing."

Casey picks up her bat and the burger, and gets out stuff to clean the burger off the floor.

"Anyway, of course I had to catch it! Maybe someone else will want it... And maybe that someone would have been me... Maybe I can wash this off?"

"If it is in need of 'washing', I feel it would probably be best to discard it. It's good to conserve food, but not if it risks bringing you illness." Kagayaki smiled again. "And you flatter me. All I did was clean and slice some vegetables; it was nothing special at all."

"Look Kagayaki, I'm gonna eat this damn burger, I ain't letting all these calories go to waste! Mama taught me better. I know you are a little bit more refined than I am, and maybe it ain't to your tastes to see a grown-ass man eat her food off the floor, but sometimes people gotta do what they gotta do, you know? Avert your eyes if you must."

"...I mean how bad can it be? We only been hear a coupla days... Wait have these floors ever been cleaned? Hopefully they were clean enough when we got here..." Casey mumbles to herself.

She moves to the sink and cleans it off.

"Trust me dude, I woulda told you if that salad wasn't emaculate. I've had a lot of poorly prepared salads in my day."

"I must agree with Casey here. Money and food are always so precious, you can not let it go to waste."

Shirly takes a burger for herself. She goes off to the corner and quietly eats it.

Kagayaki blinked at Casey's retort. "...My suggestion was not made with my own benefit in mind, Lady Windsor," she quietly explained, lowering her head as she did. "Though it was not my intent to slight you, I apologize for doing so."

"Oh no dude! I didn't think you were being offensive at all, man! I get you're looking out for me. I was just yankin your chain when I said maybe you should avert your eyes. I know you. You're not scared cause it's gross, you're concerned for me. You probably don't even get scared or grossed out..."

Casey nibbles on the wet and charred burger.

"Excellent work Dale!"

Happy Maria

Sir Cardor marched into the kitchen, seeing the others eating. "Oho! Is there a feast here? Why wasn't I invited?" He took a look around. "Eating sandwiches, are ye? Well, sires, permit me to join you! …Where do I sit?", he asked, looking around for any chairs.

Shy guy

"Uhh... I get the principle, but... the freezer's stocked full of burgers, and more." Dale pointed out. "No need to risk getting an infection. Any food we waste is on our captor's expense anyway."

"Dale we don't even know if we're guaranteed food forever. You gotta love something while you still have it, you know? Gotta appreciate what you have until it's inevitably taken away."

"Man Terry, I'd go with you to sit in the cafe, but I've got important cleaning to do around here... Oh who am I kidding?"

Casey takes the last few bites of her burgers, stretches out her legs, and lifts herself off the counter.

"I'll be back later to do dishes and stuff, you can bet on it. I just need to work myself out after going ham on those burgers."

She leaves the kitchen and goes to the giant roulette wheel, furiously pushing it and working up a sweat, trying to get it to move.

Happy Maria

"Very well, then." Sir Cardor nodded. "I shall look for some other place to be. Perhaps the pool…" He murmured to himself as he left.

Casey hangs out for a good ten minutes by herself, feeling guilty. She feels like she herself denied Terry the opportunity to hang out. She thinks about how she thinks she saw disappointment on the other side of that suit of armor when she left. After a while she can't take much more of it, and she searches the hotel for him, finding him at the pool.

"Yo Cardor! What's happening man? You guys got pools back in Zeripha? Maybe you shouldn't be swimming alone, you know?"

Happy Maria

"Zeriphia", corrected Sir Cardor. "But no, the pool we have back there is the ocean itself." He looked into the pool, contemplating something. "So, why have you come to see me, Lady Casey?" He asked the pool player, looking up.

"Wait you actually don't have pools, what the hell? I was just joking around, but now I seem like kinda a jackass. I was just thinking you looked a little bummed earlier when you left the kitchen, and I figured I was only gonna spend the afternoon kicking stuff..."

Happy Maria

"Oh, no! Not at all!" Sir Cardor waved his hands in denial. "I wasn't feeling disappointed myself, Lady Casey! I simply wished to, umm, introspect. And what better place to do it than at the pool! Would you like to join me?" He beckoned to her. "It's actually quite relaxing."

Casey takes a seat next to Terry.

"Yeah sure! I can try at least, it's tough to think sometimes around here... And it's even tougher for me."

Casey looks down at the pool for a moment.

Happy Maria

"Not one to stop and think, are you, Lady Casey?" Sir Cardor chuckled. He continued staring at the pool, scratching his chin. His thoughts were inscrutable mostly due to his (lack of) poker face.

After a while, he got up. "Well, it was fun sitting here with you, but I must go now. I have some other business to attend to. A good day to ye, Lady Casey!" He saluted her and marched off.
Page 41 of 98 [ 3882 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 98  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus