Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 572 of 639[ 25547 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 569, 570, 571, 572, 573, 574, 575 ... 639  Next

Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
"Great love stories have to be tragic," I said suddenly.
- Halo, Chapter 11; written by Alexandra Adornetto - at the age of 17, when she was a pompous, self-loving, sheltered and vapid teen... who has not improved her personality, worldview or writing abilities, despite being at least 22 or older now

Whoever thinks that is a moron, frankly put. :ron: I could (and might) go onto a rant about this, but it's late and I'm getting tired.

"Well, take Romeo and Juliet for example: It's the fact that they're kept apart that makes their love stronger."

No, it's not! R+J is not a love story, it's a fucking story of showing what IDIOTS teens are! They fucking KILL themselves because "Whaaaa mom and dad say no". I don't care if their family rivalries were based on idiotic reasons; R+J is not a love story. Anyone who thinks it is... see above.

C-A

I see your above...and I still disagree.

Romeo and Juliet is without a doubt a love story to me. I might not agree that all Great Love stories need to be tragedies but Romeo and Juliet is about a romance and the events that transpire around the consequences of that romance so it's a love story to me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Danksgiving

i always see Romeo and Juliet as a story about our noble hero Benvolio who has to put up with his stupid friend's antics and attempts to get laid and what happens when his friends stop listening to Benvolio's amazing guidance

Spoiler: benvolio is the best character

I've felt worse.

Love has many forms, from unconditional to "I just met you, let's bang" and I'm pretty sure Romeo and Juliet was supposed to be the latter.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gardevoir lover

The power was out for most of the night, i was alone in my room playing LBX.

The moment the lights come back on and the first thing i noticed was a Marie amiibo sitting next to my Megaman, Peach, Mewtwo and Villager amiibos. Where the hell did this come from?

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Pierre wrote:
Romeo and Juliet is without a doubt a love story to me. I might not agree that all Great Love stories need to be tragedies but Romeo and Juliet is about a romance and the events that transpire around the consequences of that romance so it's a love story to me.

They are 13 and a bit more, respectively, they don't know what love is. If anything, they are infatuated with each other over nothing but appearance (heck, Romeo immediately ignores Rosaline when she makes it clear she doesn't fall for him - or will sleep with him - and he immediately locks onto a new target sees Juliet) - do they even get to know each other's personality beyond "You are so hot; I feel myself drawn to you for no reason" before secretly getting married; banging; one getting banished and ultimately killing themselves? Their entire 'romance' is nothing but a few days of insane hormones.

If anything, it's a story of "Don't let your hormones dictate your life".

Quote:
Love has many forms, from unconditional to "I just met you, let's bang" and I'm pretty sure Romeo and Juliet was supposed to be the latter.

That's not love; that's lust. Completely different thing.

Quote:
The moment the lights come back on and the first thing i noticed was a Marie amiibo sitting next to my Megaman, Peach, Mewtwo and Villager amiibos. Where the hell did this come from?

...orgy?

C-A

I've felt worse.

Well this finally came in the mail.
If you need me, I'll be screaming for the next five minutes.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

Explain?

Its a neat book and all but In don't know what its from.

Speaking of screaming I just saw Ghostbusters post-credit scene and I am mortified.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Gardevoir lover

Pierre wrote:
Explain?

Its a neat book and all but In don't know what its from.

Speaking of screaming I just saw Ghostbusters post-credit scene and I am mortified.

It's the journal from Gravity falls.

What's even more scary is that Malpas stated that she divorced her husband because he couldn't compare to Jesse.

Malpas is a woman who wrote a 'romance trilogy' that is "like Fifty Shades of Grey, only worse". I thought it couldn't be possible, but... good god, she has managed it. In just four chapters... Either way, can I just say that I would SO want to be in the room when the divorce was opened at court? Can you IMAGINE the conversation that must have gone down?

:udgey: Now, on what grounds do you file this divorce?
:viola: My husband cannot compare to a fictional character I created.
:udgey: ...pardon?
:viola: Jesse is sex-appeal on feet (read: huge ego over thinking he's God's gift to women and thinks every woman - even lesbians or asexuals - will open their legs for him, as soon as they see him), has a buttload of confidence (read: he's an obnoxiously obsessive stalker who won't take No for an answer) and is a gentleman. (read: swears up a fucking storm, but demands women to not swear; has no problem inappropriately touching a woman he has met only TWICE, which includes putting his hand on her thigh AND has conspired with his bodyguard to lock her into a bedroom with him, to force her to sleep with him... and sees nothing wrong with this)
:udgey: ...alrighty, then.

Seriously. I hope her husband knew this was the reason and then went off to fucking celebrate for being away and free from this... moron. And all the stuff in brackets? That's all in the four chapters of spork I read. I dread what the rest could be like...

C-A

Gardevoir lover

So i was over at a friends house and he gave me an emulated copy of SNK vs Capcom 2 to run on my hacked Wii and a legit copy of Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube that he was giving away because he bought the PS3 version.

I'm gonna have so much fun with these.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Working till closing suuuucks! Why do people insist on shopping at 9:58pm when they know we close at 10:00pm? -____-
FacebookKidd & Milky Art
Instagram (18+ Art)Art Merch
X: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: ASTRO BOY / Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel

In the UK for the summer, it's the first time I've travelled this far without any parents accompanying me. Went pretty well all things considered. I guess my profile's gonna lack that weird location for a while then.

Yandere wrote:
Working till closing suuuucks! Why do people insist on shopping at 9:58pm when they know we close at 10:00pm? -____-

Because you're a retail slave, which obviously means that you have no life or actual existence outside of the shop and have nothing better to do than to bend over and let these ACTUALLY important people make sure the world will work to THEIR convenience.

C-A

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Today I was alone from 9-10. I was the only register open. Two people were supposed to work with me but one called out and the other was a no call no show. Thankfully another worker kindly worked an hour more than she was scheduled for to help me out. If it weren't for her I would have been the only register open for 2 hours.
I work later today (Monday now) and it's the first of the month. So the store is gonna be PACKED! I am not ready.
Other cashiers have told me that all the registers are usually open on the first of the month. I am so nervous.
FacebookKidd & Milky Art
Instagram (18+ Art)Art Merch
X: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: ASTRO BOY / Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel

So I worked tonight. I was over at the store getting some stuff for the resturaunt, and I was on my way to the checkout and I almost ran into a woman with a cart full of baskets. I apologized and moved on. However, I caught a glimpse at her as she walked past. She was...um...blessed, and quite pretty. So I walked over to the checkout and she just so happened to be behind me collecting those small baskets. After I loaded my items onto the conveyor, I turned around and I think I might've been staring because she looked up at me and smiled, shaking her head.

Real classy. Nice. I'm really good at this.

I had a bad fall on my way to work. The bus had to stop in the middle of the street because some container from a firm (or firm owned by someone) called Ehegartner was in the way of the bus-stop. So, when stepping up from street to sidewalk, my foot got caught against the edge and totally landed on both knees. Not too badly injured, I'm guessing, but my right knee is so fucked up, I had to leave work early. And now I have it on ice. I'll go to my doc tomorrow and get it looked at, just to see if it's worse than a bad bruise.

C-A

I fell on Thursday and not only did I rip a giant ass hole in my only pair of jeans, and not only did I scrape my knee pretty bad, but I hurt my foot again. It hurts so bad. Apparently, I bruised the bone on the top of my foot. I did this quite a while ago and it had kinda stopped hurting but it's back. It takes months to heal.

I have a rash! It's right on the 'fold' (I dunno what to call it) where it goes from leg to pelvis. It makes BREATHING a freaking pain cause it burns so much. Mom suggested putting baby powder on it, to try and dry it out fast, and I have been, but... Uurrgh, this is so annoying! Argh!

C-A

In Justice We Trust

All this talk of Pokémon Sun and Moon has given me the urge to get back to work on a Pokémon region of my own design. I give you the Prizaliv Region.

Yes, as is the standard, it's based on a real-world location. I've also been working on ideas for 150 Pokémon. I already have the types and general concepts written down. I am subverting some of the norms, though. For example, the region doesn't have a Pikachu knock-off. Also, types with less representation in the previous generations get more representation here. Then there's the matter of the three starters not being Fire-, Water-, and Grass-types this time around. Right now, my biggest challenge, though, is naming all of the Pokémon I've thought up.
I'll always love you, Max.

I like it!

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Reminds me of when me and my friend used to invent and stat new armies for Games Workshop's Warhammer Fantasy game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gardevoir lover

I have spent about 11 hours on Tales of Symphonia so far, i'm trying to see why Lloyd is one of the most requested characters for Smash brothers. Then this song comes up during a couple of boss fights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1oBlvGw4CM

Yeah i think this might be one of the reasons, i would totally Smash to this.

A) Why would they need LLOYD for this? Symphonia has a nine-party-member cast. And, going by popularity polls, I think Zelos is more liked.

B) There is a Smash Bros version of Tales Of EXCLUSIVE characters that already uses Fatalize as one of the themes! (Sure, wasn't released outside of Japan, but it came for the PSP; No region code and it's pretty much Smash Bros, it's not THAT difficult to figure the game mechanics out)

C) Lloyd is a fucking hypocrite. I still ship him with Shihna. And Presea, to an extent.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Quote:
There is a Smash Bros version of Tales Of EXCLUSIVE characters that already uses Fatalize as one of the themes! (Sure, wasn't released outside of Japan, but it came for the PSP; No region code and it's pretty much Smash Bros, it's not THAT difficult to figure the game mechanics out)

I heard that game wasn't well received. "Smash Lite," someone referred to it as.
There is at least one Brawl mod that includes Lloyd. Probably multiple.
The flash version of Smash also included Lloyd.
But me personally, I wanted Sheena. I want the abilty to knock people into the void with a piece of paper.

Phew I'm back. I got a new graphics card and my PC died for a bit. Turns out that my Power Supply let out the mysterious blue smoke. But we replaced it and now I'm back in business.

Wahoo.

Oh, it's an EVGA Geforce GTX 570 HD and it's really nice.

Gettin' Old!

Builderkid107 wrote:
Phew I'm back. I got a new graphics card and my PC died for a bit. Turns out that my Power Supply let out the mysterious blue smoke. But we replaced it and now I'm back in business.

Wahoo.

Wow sounds like you weren't far from a house fire with an issue like that.

Still nice to know you've got a new graphics card in there. Normally I'd just lament being forced to buy something new as cards ain't cheap but hey probably gives you some real gaming power there.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

sumguy28 wrote:
I heard that game wasn't well received. "Smash Lite," someone referred to it as.

Well, durr. That's what it was. I have no idea why the complainers would expect anything else - it wasn't made by the company who made the original Smash Bros and they probably did alter things to work in with 'Tales' mechanics.

C-A

Pierre wrote:
Builderkid107 wrote:

Wahoo.

Wow sounds like you weren't far from a house fire with an issue like that.

Still nice to know you've got a new graphics card in there. Normally I'd just lament being forced to buy something new as cards ain't cheap but hey probably gives you some real gaming power there.

Eh, I dunno about the risk of fire. I do know about the risk of my computer blowing up...and then a fire...

Yeah, I bought it from a friend for 40 bucks. It's not really a new card, but it's newer than what I had.

Gardevoir lover

So Digimon Adventure 3 is getting an english dub and a good chunk of the original voices are comihg back. Neat.

...I am so fucking happy right now.

I feel a (potentially undeserved) sense of superiority and accomplishment if I do even MINOR research into my fanfiction stories' backgrounds. Especially compared to current 'authors' who seem to PRIDE themselves in not having done any and yet gotten their stuff published and getting rich off of it.

C-A

Ya know I should probably just change my name on here to Jordan...

Do you know what time it is? That's right! It's time for another pointless update from meeeee!

Anyway, I went to Limeberry(Frozen Yogurt and Bubble Tea place) to get myself a bubble tea on my way home from finishing yet another English test, and behind the counter was THE MOST BEAUTIFUL girl I'd ever seen in my life. Like, for real, blond hair, blue eyes, just gorgeous. She must've been around 18ish. So I ordered my drink, paid for it, and left. On my way out, I noticed that she put a little smiley face next to the 'Mango' on my drink. While that probably means nothing, and I'm kinda dumb for thinking it might, but it actually got me thinking. What if I had the mental fortitude to just ask someone out for coffee? I mean, I'm not hideous, and I think I'm nice...maybe funny.

I dunno, maybe I should try someday. Maybe it would be a good exercise in being a bit more social. Getting over my social anxiety wouldn't be a bad thing.

Wow, that sounds kinda cringe, but whatever.

There's nothing wrong with asking someone out for coffee. Just don't turn into a douche or demand a second attempt if you get rejected. And if they say no, don't immediately think it's a reason against you personally. For all you know, maybe the one you asked out just doesn't like coffee. (Or whatever drink you suggest)

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

I just came back from a doctor's appointment. She told me that I have the emotional maturity of a 5th grader. Due to my numerous mental illnesses, although my intellect is slightly above average for the 21 year old that I am, emotionally I've never matured past the level of a 10 year old, which is why I tend to have emotional outbursts.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Gettin' Old!

dimentiorules wrote:
I just came back from a doctor's appointment. She told me that I have the emotional maturity of a 5th grader. Due to my numerous mental illnesses, although my intellect is slightly above average for the 21 year old that I am, emotionally I've never matured past the level of a 10 year old, which is why I tend to have emotional outbursts.

Seems a bit...insensitive of a Doctor. "Emotional Maturity of a 5th Grader" seems a bit of a cruel way to describe it. Did you get a new diagnosis of something?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You know, a Mario game!

She didn't quite use that direct of words, but that's pretty much the gist of what she said. She said it in a professional manner, and in as kind of a way as she could. I don't quite remember the exact words she used.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

I've felt worse.

Today was an okay day. My mother reconnected with an old friend of hers. I met the friend's husband. He seemed like a nice guy. We had a nice long discussion about faith, fate, and the like, and he gave me some pointers on researching human behavior. Nothing too special, but I do feel better about life than I have in quite a while.

The Real Human Being

@Cat

Well, of course there isn't a problem with that. My problem is that I can't muster up the courage to ask anything of anyone.

Also, don't worry about me being a douche if I get rejected. I'm a lot of things, but a douche is not one of them.

Art Person

I've sorta learned through experience asking others for help can yield no results (MANY times I've asked friends to pitch in with a gift, or organise something and they either forget or change their mind and refuse). Depends on the person though. There's no harm in asking. If they say no, you were prepared from the start, so it's not really a loss. You just know in the future they won't really help you out.

I try to help out everyone that asks me for help, but sometimes if I can't, I'm learning to just say I can't. And sometimes saying "no" can be better than saying "yes" and backing out (which I admit I've done too). Kinda off track, but yeah XD

Gettin' Old!

SuperAj3 wrote:
I've sorta learned through experience asking others for help can yield no results (MANY times I've asked friends to pitch in with a gift, or organise something and they either forget or change their mind and refuse). Depends on the person though. There's no harm in asking. If they say no, you were prepared from the start, so it's not really a loss. You just know in the future they won't really help you out.

I try to help out everyone that asks me for help, but sometimes if I can't, I'm learning to just say I can't. And sometimes saying "no" can be better than saying "yes" and backing out (which I admit I've done too). Kinda off track, but yeah XD

Yeah planning activities can be a real nightmare when it depends on other people. Really got to chase folks to get them to do their bit at times. Was planning a holiday for a bunch of us and ended up being the one doing most of the planning. Most folks said "I'm happy with anywhere" or "whatever's fine" which just kinda puts the onus on me to cover it.

Still it's not so bad in the end. Folks have their own things to do and I get it if they can't help out more.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 572 of 639 [ 25547 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 569, 570, 571, 572, 573, 574, 575 ... 639  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus