Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 30 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Lynching Phase)Topic%20Title

Shy guy

"Now now, let's all be civil." Admin #1 says in complete contrast to the rising tension in the room. "It's only your lives which are at stake, stop worrying so much! You're breaking poor Amber's heart over here - just previously she was so full of hope that you'd all trust each other and find a clean way to get past this! Well, I guess #2 and #4 are loving it, so it's not all bad."

Gettin' Old!

"Right right...but Turbo's at risk too. Wasnae that long ago folks were considering piling on 'im for it." Marley said

(thanks so much, saved me the work of calculating that)

"So no one can vote fer Turbo...and we can spare two votes fer me and Fauna and one vote fer Jen. Everyone else can take a full three." Marley said trying to visualise a strategy.

Hearing Mari's appeal Marley groaned "Just shut the f**k up for a second, we don' need this f**ked up anymore. Ye've still to say how ah even could have murdered Iota! Plus we know Iota was Zero and that Fauna's real mad about it! Why would anyone ADMIT that right before playing a death game here? Ah wouldn' expect anyone to confess under dese circumstances!"

He looked over to Cube "Ah don't know about yer past Cube, ah don't care ta be honest but ah've saved yer life twice in this game, several of them in fact. Ah could have just sat there with the protection token an survived the lockdown punishment whereas she's actively tried to screw over all of us. If anything mah motives fer this game should be clear enough that ah jus' want us to get out of here as many as ah can."

He looked at Trinity "Trin, surely ah've done enough good 'ere to not be murdered aye? No one 'ere wants to be a murderer, well...except maybe Mari. Ah'm still willin ta give this a f**kin' shot at getting out of 'ere if you are."

"Now jus' let me think." he sighed breathing heavily from the frustration his face falling slightly at hearing that Amber was suffering. "Sorry there lass...ye were a good person aye. Prob'ly better than the rest of them so far. Ah hope yer with Gary now." he said before continuing to try and think.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"We can't do anything unless Mari actually voted what she said she was going to vote, which is almost fuckin' impossible considering she might as well be Zero for how much she tried to screw with us."

Gettin' Old!

Marley looked up at the ceiling "Hoy admin? This bomb...can we kill any of 'er clones or will that trigger the deadman's switch. Ish important for these vote calculations."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"I'm not mad about who killed Iota. He was Zero, so I'd think whoever killed him had good reasoning. Yet the lack of a confession tells me otherwise."

Fauna addresses Marley. "You have a gun, and you're not letting us vote. You can go on and on about the good you did during the game but it's meaningless because we don't know the whole truth. You want me to cooperate? Talk. Now, not after. The fact that you won't say the truth until after when we're safe tells me you did something wrong. I want to know and I won't compromise on that. I promise if it's that you killed Iota, I won't decide to kill you for that alone. But I need to know why."

"Yeah, I guess it's relevant if we die in a certain order," Chanel says, no longer looking at Marley.

C1, attempts to pass C2 the other functioning switch and C2 attempts to activate it. C1 turns off her switch after it's safe to do so. "Again, I don't want anyone to die in particular, it's just that I know Marley is lying and has us on the other side of a gun."

Shy guy

"As you can see by Marigold's actions just then, there's only one device you need to consider here." Admin #1 replies to Marley's question. "Killing the spare clones won't do anything negative, so no need to worry about that. To avoid needless concern, I'll make sure that if any Marigold clones die, it will be the ones without devices."

Gettin' Old!

Marley sighed and hung his arms

"Fine, dis stress is wearin' me out anyway. Know this though...if it hadn' been fer your sudden surge of motherhood makin' me feart ah'd probably 'ave said earlier about it, so forgive me fer lying."

Marley lit a cigarette taking his time to savour it before letting out a puff.
"Aye ah murdered Zero. Ah knew who he was from tha start. My history, which ah'll let ya into if'n ah survive, sets me at distinct odds with the Liddell family. Ah knew why ah was here."

He looked to Turbo "Sorry ah lied about the memory loss thing, was early on in da game and considering ah knew you as well ah couldn' be sure ah could trust you."

"Anyways, I recognised Danny immediately, but 'is age was all wrong. My suspicions about tha time travel and all that...yeah they made me think he could be a vessel fer Zero or an easy innocent target. Ah wasnae lying when ah said Zero was settin' him up but ah was suspicious from the get go. Voted fer him a few times as well in d'lynches. Ah figured....seein' how mah beef with the Liddells happened far before the rest o'this...ah figured Danny must be the root cause. The first event starting it all...well ignoring Mad Jack's crash into the sea."

Marley tipped the ash off his cigarette "The dart gun Iota found...dunno why 'e lied about it but I planted it on him after I shot him with it. Was a slow poison. 'E didn't suffer. The protection token at tha start and the fact he was Danny seemed enough t'me but the real clincher fer me? When Zero set him up by saying it was to our advantage to kill him."

Marley's eyes looked far off into the distance "At that point...ah was pretty much in agreement that Iota was being used by Zero...if Zero wasnae gonna be a problem and just play t'game like the rest of us...ah wouldnae 'ave cared and ah'd have let 'im be." He clenched his fist "But aye, Danny set him up, said there was an advantage to killin' d'boy and then ah had to act."

Marley sighed "That's what ye'll get from me. Ah can tell ye more if there's a later but ah did what ah did fer good reasons. Ah wanted as many folks to get out as possible, but if Zero was gonna mess that up ah wasn't gonna let im." He smoked his cigarette. "Jus' imagine...Iota made it this far to this phase...and we all agreed on a nice voting system. Danny then assumes control and Iota uses his three votes to kill those he hates...one of whom is me." he finished "It was the right call."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Thank you, Marley."

A deep calmness set over in the room. All the paranoia and anxiety that Fauna had felt this game seemed to have lifted. "Well, it looks like there are no more questions left. I'm ready to cooperate. Sorry for the attempted murder. Though if you'd like to humor me, could I get an apology for your...undiplomatic attitude towards me this game? Especially given the hypocrisy."

Gettin' Old!

Marley looked at Fauna in surprise "Uh...aye sure. Ah'm sorry if ah've been a pain in the arse but...this game makes ya do things." he looked off to the side "Never thought ah'd have to kill someone like that...ah'm glad it wasnae a messy thing else ah doubt ah could do it." he said mostly to himself before glancing at Mari.

"Hope yer satisfied as well. Now if we're all good can we focus on a voting strategy...so we can sink 3 votes into Mari without her exploding is that right?" he said trying to focus once more.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Yes, she has a safe vote and we can kill two clones so three votes on Mari would work. And there's no reason for anybody to put another vote on lest they want to die too."

"Okay, thanks," Chanel sighs.

C1, passes C2 the fire key, and C2 shows everyone."

"Also I found this in the furnace in the back of this room, so I think that accounts for the keys."

"I'm being honest about my votes. I've got nothing against you Marley other than the murder, so I'm content. There's obviously loose ends amongst you guys but, mine are all tied, so whatever. Jack was cloned using my research the cell recovery technique, which is sort of bogus because that means Admin 5 just took over my body and stole my life's work and dreams. Aside from that, I mean I've already expounded everything I've known this whole time, or at least, in the case of the cube thing, kept it private for a fair reason."

Gettin' Old!

Marley sighed extinguishing his cigarette on the floor.

"Right f**k whatever...here's what ah got."

Votes left:
Marley: 3
Jen: 2
Fauna: 3
Trin: 3
cube 3:

Fauna: Jen 1 Marley 2
Trinity: Cube 3
Cube: Trinity 3
Jen: Fauna 2
Marley: Fauna 1 Mari 2

"Ah think that should account fer em all without killing Mari or anyone." he grunted
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"As long as it actually fuckin' works without any more drama, sure, I don't care, let's just do it." Jen sighed.

"Uhhh, that would kill me. So yeah, I object to it."

Gettin' Old!

"D'aww f**k ah screwed it up...lemme recheck it." he said.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Marley just lay all three on me, thanks."

Gettin' Old!

Marley slapped a hand to his face "Gah dat's what ah was mixing up. Ah thought Mari had one vote already and not Fauna. Aye should work if we does it dat way."

Votes left:
Marley: 3
Jen: 2
Fauna: 3
Trin: 3
cube 3:

Fauna: Jen 1 Marley 2
Trinity: Cube 3
Cube: Trinity 3
Jen: Fauna 2
Marley: Mari 3

"That sit awright with you lot?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"That's fine, let's get a move on. I've held us up too long."

Shy guy

[If everyone's ready now, please make your votes in your QTs. If I receive everyone's votes, and nothing major changes here, I will have everyone move over to their booths at once to vote, to avoid complications. Then the phase can change. Note that votes in the QT won't be set in stone until I have everyone move, so you don't need to worry about doing something you can't take back, in the case of new discussion arising.]

"Oh and Mari, we're going to need to have a talk once we're out of here. There are...things you should know about me." Fauna eyed the others as if to promise it wasn't relevant.

"I about figured as much. I mean, you seemed pretty cagey off the bat. Of course, I wasn't exactly all smiles either, so whatever," Marigold says with a roll of her eyes.

"I just hope we'll still be able to find jobs."

"Well, I always wanted to be a pianist."

Shy guy

The discussion finally petered out, and the players steeled themselves. Nodding to each other in an unspoken agreement not to betray anyone, they each headed to their booths, Marigold and Turbo doing the same to avoid accusations of spying. Then they each entered their votes, and nervously awaited the results.

They didn't have to wait long. As soon as the very last vote was cast, electricity surged through the floor and into the bodies of many of the clones, sending them into spasms until the corresponding mind let go. It was over in mere seconds, but the remaining players stayed where they were for a few more moments, recoiling from the experience. Then, with shaking hands, they turned around and headed back into the centre of the room, looking around to see who had survived.

A joint sigh of relief is heard as all the players relax. It seems everyone retained one of their clones, and thus no-one died.

"Well... a little disappointing, but at least it's all over now. Please head to the elevator, which will take you to the Garage." The Admin says. The players do so, and are met with the strange sensation of the floor dropping down beneath them - if they had to guess, it is likely hovering using electromagnetism, going by how the Fitness Room had worked. The room they soon find themselves in is a little dark, made all the more so by the clearly very thick glass around the elevator, but they can make out 7 figures beyond by the light of the monitors they are sitting by. These must be the Admins, and indeed they do look like older versions of the remaining players. "Before you all leave, any questions?" #1 says, his voice a little muffled by the glass. "Amber insisted we give you the chance before you meet 'Zero', in case anything else needed clearing up." The players can see Amber sitting off to one side, smiling now but clearly worn out by the whole ordeal.

Gettin' Old!

Marley cheered visibly doing a little jig around the platform as it.began to descend. Tears streaming from his eyes.

"Ah its so f**kin' good ta be alive haha!" He cried swinging his bottle around in triumph before the elevator stopped abruptly before the admins.

It was a sobering experience as he watched his old self, his original body speaking to them. Both mixed feelings of contempt and pity.

"Well...ah s'pose, ah'd like to know what's left fer us out there? Ye all stole our lives...ah mean...mah life might not change much but y'know...there's a lot dats been lost."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"I doubt there's much left you you." #1 replies scornfully to Marley.
"It's 2100, the future to all of you." Amber says. "A better time than when you came from, I think - technology, medicine, everything has generally improved. While that can't make up for what you've lost, I'd like to think that... maybe you'll be able to find something new. Um... I'm sorry if that's no help, but it's all I can think of..."
"You'll be fiiine." #3 adds dismissively. "Think of it as a new beginning, something I think many of you were in need of. The Caulderwoods have mostly been dealt with by now, and there's always new research for the two scientists among you. What more could you ask for?" She asks a little ignorantly, unconcerned by the issue.

"I'm alive! I never thought I'd feel this much relief from simply being alive." Jen exclaimed and then sighed in happiness and relief.

"Though I have a question to my older self." Jen says after she calmed down a bit. "#4, why are you this deranged? Did anything happen in your.. or my life?"

Shy guy

"Deranged? Ahahahaha! Now that's rude! I am right here, you know?" #4 replies, grinning. "Nothing happened, I'm just me. I never 'lived' your life, though, there was no need. We just faked your death at the hands of the Caulderwoods, letting me return here and continue helping with all this stuff."
"After our minds switched in for yours, we just went back to the mansion as soon as we could." #1 elaborates. "Our experiences have nothing to do with you lot. Your 'lives' were generally over at that point. Well, #2 and #5 had to play the part of their originals for some time, so there's that."
"World wrestling chaaampion! Best days of my life, let me tell ya!" #2 adds exuberantly.

"Huh, nobody died." Fauna turned to Turbo. "Sorry for doubting you. Really, I am. I guess I was fixated about what I would do."

She then turns to the admins. "What was in the safe in the vault?"

Gettin' Old!

Marley couldn't help but grin at the joy #2 showed from his time as world champion. In his state all joy seemed infectious

"Ah suppose ah'm wondering. How d'ya learn ta shift in tha first place?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"Nothing important." #5 replies to Fauna's question. "A highly valuable ruby. Useless in the game, but I imagine it would have helped a lot afterwards. Pity no-one found it."

After this Marley asks his question, and this time #6 answers, finally speaking up. "We played Nonary Games. This was before we knew the full truth of our existence. Danger and epiphany are usually required to access the Morphogenetic Field, and Nonary Games seem to be the simplest way to achieve that. The precise nature of the problems we faced lent themselves to learning how to S.H.I.F.T. for ourselves. Daniel had had plenty of time to research all this, so the Games went smoothly for us." That was the longest the players had heard him speak for in their time here - presumably this was a topic that interested him.

Gettin' Old!

Marley lot a cigarette "So now we can do that right? Ah mean if we can control multiple versions of ourselves with replicate control ah'd assume we're close to it?" He asked hopefully.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Could I have the ruby?"

1000% Knight

A flood of tension drained from Trinity's body as two of the clones dropped to the floor. She made it... She was finally done with this stupid game. She peeked out of the voting booth... and saw the six others come out as well. For the first time in what seemed like forever, a smile crept onto Trinity's face. They had all made it through! Nobody had tried to betray the group.

She went down in the elevator, and the admins offered to answer their questions. "Was all of this really just for researching replicant c-control?" She asked. "And if it was, why us?"
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

"Yeah, why us? What was the deal with Jack, Trinity, Jen, Cube, and even the Caulderwoods in general?"

Shy guy

"You'd need to learn how." #6 replies to Marley. "You're not quite there yet, but each of you have awakened as Espers, so you're close. I'm willing to help, if you feel it's important."

"Why do you deserve the ruby more than anyone else here?" #5 asks Fauna imperiously. "Don't try to stir trouble after the Game is finally over!"

Then Trinity asks her questions, and Fauna adds to them. "Daniel's goal was always Replicate Control." Admin #1 replies. "First because it might allow for revenge against the Caulderwoods, but later because he saw the true potential of his research. None of you lot were in particular necessary, you simply fit the requirements. People who had the potential to awaken as Espers after undergoing a life-threatening experience. People whose ages lined up to make the whole switching-into-similar bodies thing work. Well, maybe there were some exceptions among you, but that's the general idea."
"Additionally, research has shown that Morphogenetic Field effects are stronger when Espers with some relation between them are brought together." #6 adds.

"Jack, or Takeru as he was really known, was the notable exception." #1 continues. "Daniel had somewhat of an obsession with him, after Jack indirectly caused the massacre. Heck, to avoid being killed himself Daniel hid in the family vault and nearly froze next to the guy, all the while his family were killed outside! It left quite the impression on him. He saw this as a second chance, a way to see what Takeru himself would do rather than the mythos of his frozen body. Even pulled upon a different area of MF research to make it work - Takeru's clones were all raised to speak both English and Japanese, because apparently Morphogenetic Resonance would allow the real Takeru to suddenly understand English when swapped in to his English-speaking clones."
"But we all saw how that turned out!" #2 exclaims. "Mad Jack, I heard you call him, he did not make use of that second chance! I'd guess Daniel found some kind of relief in that, knowing that at least the one who'd caused all this was genuinely just a psycho."

1000% Knight

"So after this, are w-we going to meet... Zero? Or Iota?" Trinity asked.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

Marley crossed his arms and gave #6 a skeptical look.
"Does it involve runnin' more death games?" Marley asked hesitantly "Like yer bossman says, deres no life fer me out there. Hell there's little for the rest of us either. No social security, no insurance, no savings. You lot took the lot. Ah jus' wanna get home." He sighed.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"You'll meet Gary." Amber confirms with a nod. "Don't be hard on him, he's really just as much a victim as the rest of you."

"Not as extreme as this one." #6 replies to Marley. "But it will require problem solving and an element of danger. I will probably have to attempt to kill you when the time comes, to trigger the final switch."

The Admins seem confused by Marley's talk of social security and insurance. "We've got money if it helps?" #3 says. "The Liddells had a big fortune, and we don't have much need for it beyond running this facility."

Gettin' Old!

Marley grimaced unhappy with #6's response. "Mmmrrrrgrr ah'll think on it." He replied curtly letting loose a cloud of smoke. "Hope the kid ain't got hard feelings fer the game." He sighed intentionally moving himself towards the back of the group to hide away.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 30 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus