Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 3[ 99 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Post-GameTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Cesar Zero wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Oh man just read Cube's topic.

Can't believe that whisper/blackmail in the first round actually worked. I didn't catch him yawn or nothing so I assume he toughed it out.

It kind of worked...I mean, I was still suspicious of it and all, but it couldn't hurt to try and vote for a possible suspect of being Zero and I assumed whoever said that had figured out lynching was a superior way of killing their target anyway.

Also holy crap your QT doesn't even have the option to show all messages at once, even Gary's does...I'm surprised you didn't end up surpassing some sort of post limit and needed a new topic.

Yeah both benefited from it in the end.
Southern Corn wrote:
^That's lame. Where's the chaos, man? You guys really dropped the ball on that one. I'm very disappointed in you >:(

I wished the bomb was real in the end. Had the idea at one point to shoot Maribelle in the car and blow up the mansion or the inside at least once we were clear if you wanted chaos. At the time it felt like there was plenty of chaos.

Geez if only you guys didn't care about the 'truth' so much.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
*Turbo*Marley Fanfiction

I NEVER AUTHORIZED THIS

Don't be so hard on yourself, SC, we all had a first game and you really did make things exciting

besides, better to be the crazy guy everyone's scared of than the guy who solved the toilet puzzle and broke a couple knives

I'll have more thoughts to add in probably the next day or so, between work and other obligations I don't have the time to catch up on the QTs or write what I'd like

Gettin' Old!

It doesn't say in the QTs but what was everyones powers and advantages at the start?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I could watch my back without being distracted by puzzles

1000% Knight

I could avoid or, if I had a weapon, counter kill attempts on me (sorry SC)
And speaking of which, the pepper spray I had was actually one-use only, but I specifically didn't mention this and held onto the container as a bluff

I could also reply to whispers for free, but... this was totally useless. Since I never got a chance to use this power at all, I nagged KamiPanda into giving me a free whisper during the final lynching phase, but even then it didn't go through because it was pointless in the end (I was going to ask Mari to turn off the dead man's switch after all the votes were in)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

I could steal from someone even if they were watching me, unless they specifically were expecting me to steal from them.
Signature loading, please wait...

Gettin' Old!

Mine came out pretty naturally.

I had a 75% chance to solve puzzles on luck.

Also I had a free give or whisper action.

Wait how did you fail to steal from me in the pub with a power like that?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

darn it pierre, we could've spent the entire game gossiping about everyone

I could Watch My Back as a free action (but I still took a distraction penalty which is why I never got any puzzle prizes)

I could also kill someone without a weapon, but obviously I never used that power

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
darn it pierre, we could've spent the entire game gossiping about everyone

I have a faint recollection this refers to my QT xD but a lot happened in my QT. Guessing it was to do with the Uplink. Ahh you mean the powers.

Alas it was not to be.

I figured Turbo would have ultra muscle power. It's why I was pretty worried he'd pegged me and blamed me for the past.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Last edited by Pierre on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

"Psst, you hear about Mari? Ugh, that hairdo is sooo 2034"

Here's everyone's special abilities:

Raster:
- Conman: Can use one free Whisper or Give per round in addition to the usual Action.
- Lucky: Can attempt to guess any puzzle solution, with a staggering 75% accuracy.

Turbo:
- Bodyguard: Can Watch Back in addition to the usual Action for the round.
- Weapons Training
- Hercule: Is very strong (and can kill someone without the use of a weapon).

Sally:
- Gossip: If Whispered to, can Whisper back for free in addition to the usual Action for the round.
- Jittery: Can counter an Open Kill due to oversensitive reaction speeds

Jen:
- Observant: Can Watch a player for free in addition to the usual Action for the round.
- Weapons Training.

Marigold:
- Focused: Can Watch a player without the usual distraction penalty.

Dack:
- Thief: Can Steal from a player even if that player is Watching them, but not if they're Watching their Back.
- Weapons Training.

Fauna:
- Paranoid: Can Watch Back without the usual distraction penalty.

Takeru:
-Backup- I've got a hidden knife concealed in one of my combat boots.
-Weapons Training
-Harrowed – This allows me to literally dodge a bullet. If anyone tries to kill me with a gun, even covertly, I can avoid the first shot.

Iota:
- Mother's Love: Starts the game with a free Protection Token.
- Possessed: Daniel can swap consciousness with him whenever he wants to deliberately spread misinformation.

That's all of them. Given to me by KamiPanda after I died for real

Anyway time to write some disgusting Sally x Jen fics. Yumyum

Last edited by Southern Corn on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No other way than to make this mistake.

I had an ability that made me good with weapons. That's about it.

Oh, and observing people, which I never actually used.

1000% Knight

Southern Corn wrote:
Iota:
- Mother's Love: Starts the game with a free Protection Token.

omg I love the flavor of this one

Happy Maria

Yeah, it tastes of...love

According to Iota, it even had some words engraved on it.

Stay Strong

<3333

Gettin' Old!

The free watch action ability was really strong in the last game.

Shame Watch got nerfed so its not meta.

Also as a bonus to my lucky ability, passing on a guess means I beat the time limit on those 'race' puzzles.

And yeah mothers love was pretty sweet.

Kinda sad Iota didn't have another backup considering the deck was stacked against him.

Edit: Working my way through Gary's QTs makes Marley feel like Inspector Gadget on Dr Claw's TV monitors. So many promises of "I'll get you yet Raster! Next time!". Kinda feel bad that revelation didn't go down heavily for you xD
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Last edited by Pierre on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sleeping is my life.

I have one more ability. It's called Possessed. Basically, at any point in the game, Daniel will swap bodies with Gary. To make sure Gary doesn't know that he was swapped, Daniel would bound himself and turns off the lights. Then he swap with Gary. so he can interfere with the game. Gary would experiences the nightmare from his past. Gary didn't know the truth about his nightmare until after he 'died'.

Happy Maria

Yeah I think KamiPanda said something about that. He also said that you would sometimes black out and had to say whatever he wanted you to say. What were those posts exactly?

Btw this isn't really related to the game but I'd like to thank KamiPanda for introducing me to the best Digital Roots remix. I personally feel it's an underremixed track so seeing this really made me feel happy <3

Sleeping is my life.

Well, in the garage... Just after Marley placed the dart gun on me, Daniel swapped bodies with me so Daniel can hide the dart gun under the gun. Funny thing is... I ended up looking under the car and finding the dart gun. So, that plan backfired.

Happy Maria

Yet you sadly didn't realise you were poisoned and DanDad had to die in your place :( I guess you could say that was the true crime in the garage, huh.

Is that it?

Sleeping is my life.

That's pretty much it. At first, I thought that Chanel was responsible for my blackout episode as the episode happened in the garage... And I was in the garage without Chanel. So, I thought she have to have done it somehow.

Gettin' Old!

Immensely sad that my comment about Turbos "dead-end" job providing a lot of "security" went right over his head.

Also did you shame me in EVERYONES post about the actual date as an "old drunkard" T_T
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Last edited by Pierre on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Southern Corn wrote:

i do not approve of this

Pierre wrote:
Immensely sad that my comment about Turbos "dead-end" job providing a lot of "security" went right over his head.

Yeah I'm sad about my declining mental acuity too :sadshoe:

Shy guy

By the way, I'm intending to write up the endings on Friday, when I'm next free. I'll be assuming people are okay with me writing them without their input unless they've told me otherwise by then, so please keep that in mind.

Happy Maria

Datamatt wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

i do not approve of this

:tigre: Well fine then.

I actually want to write my own ending for Takeru now

Here goes

Spoiler: Eating the Past by toomuchbathroomcorn2009
Admin #1 was hanging out with Admin #6. They were gossiping about Zero and Gary and whether they were even going to free him because they were sadists. Suddenly Admin #1 said, "Oy, #6. I did some diggin' into yer past and I found out who yer descended from." Then #6 jumped out of surprise. "WHO THE HELL IS IT, THEN?! WHAT BASTARD THREW ME OUT ON THE STREET TO ROT EVEN THOUGH I WAS HIS GODDAMN BLOOD RELATIVE?!"

Admin #1 jumped out of shock at #6's response. This was very unlike him. "Well, um, you see, it turns out you're related to someone who's played a Nonary Game before." "WHO IS IT?!" "A...Japanese man with the initials T.K. You might know him as-"

"No....n-no..." Suddenly #6 was filled with despair! He ran out of the room and to the vault. He opened the door and saw, on the floor, the original body of Takeru Korida, sadly resting. He ran up to him and felt his pulse. So this was his ancestor...#6 felt his pulse. Just then #1 ran into the room, cursing up a storm. "What the hell are he doing, #6?!"

#6 remained quiet. He felt the pulse of the corpse. Then he leapt up. "I think he's still alive, #1!" #1 shook his head and grimaced. "Nay, #6. I'm afraid you've gravely misinterpreted my words." "What the?! Look, Jack is alive! I'm sure we-" "No, no. He's not who you're descended from. The man's name is Teruaki Kubota, you dumbass." He put his head in his hands. Suddenly #6 couldn't feel Takeru's pulse anymore. He stood up, took out his gun, and shot the corpse twice in the head.

#1 jumped at the sound of the gunshots. "What are you doing?!" "...Nothing. I didn't want to be related to the old backstabber anyway. So, what's for dinner, #1?"

"Oh, grilled cheese, lad." "..I don't feel like having any tonight, actually." "What?" "The only person I feel like eating today...is you." He winked at him.

And then they fuc[THE REST OF THIS FICTION HAS BEEN DEEMED TOO INAPPROPRIATE FOR THIS FORUMS FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

Hardcore vore

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.]

Hehehehehehehehhehe. I regret nothing.

Man, if only me and Cube were friends, amirite? We could've been called Dack and Jackster and everything!

1000% Knight

...I'll take it over SallyxJen

^

that's way better, thank you

Shy guy

#6 has no relatives, he's a clone, and he was never thrown out onto the street. So clearly the entire premise is flawed, and I have to rate the story 0/10.

That reminds me (somehow) of an interesting piece of trivia, though. As part of the plan to make sure none of the clones' bodies felt any different to their originals, they had to be given chemicals that stopped them from feeling anything romantically for each other. Otherwise some of the players might feel a strange connection to someone they've never met before :p But the original bodies didn't have that, and it wasn't necessary for the Admins, so technically they can feel love!

Gettin' Old!

Shipping #2 and #4

They're crazy enough.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

So we're shipping #1 and #6, #2 and #4, Marley and Turbo, Marley and Amber, Sally and Jen... Jen was Marley's mistress, Marigold wondered if she might grow up to be Dack's dad...

Why did this game end up like this? XD I'm sure it never happened during the previous ones, barring Bishop and Persephone's actual love which ended in tragedy.

Gettin' Old!

I'll admit I didn't expect to like Marigolds chat log but watching Nanjo freak out paranoid over whether or not they are Zero was pretty good.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Actually my OTP is Amber x Daniel x Iota x Takeru's frozen body. Don't judge

...how the hell did we end up here again?

Anyway, I'm glad there's not too many forced romances in these things because a couple of characters would have to act all lovey dovey to each other no matter what.

Actually you could make it interesting by putting something in the game that'll make them dispute or something. Sounds pretty juicy to me.

Gettin' Old!

Previous games did stuff like that.

People had win conditions such as "X must die" or "X must survive" along the way. The problem is then you need to account for balancing issues and other players not messing up.

For example Bishop (?) in the last game had to keep Persephone alive to win and he did right up until the final puzzle zone where Persephone was AFK for so long that she failed all the puzzles and died despite Bishops efforts, effectively making him 'lose' for something he had no control over.

You also need to provide enough opportunities to kill (though this game had plenty) if you are going to introduce conditions like that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

My next game's going to solve that problem by simply lifting the mechanics from a pre-existing Mafia setup. Balance is guaranteed that way.

Happy Maria

So will it be like the first two CRNGs? Will it have RPing and proper characters and all?

Pierre wrote:
I'll admit I didn't expect to like Marigolds chat log but watching Nanjo freak out paranoid over whether or not they are Zero was pretty good.

What's that supposed to mean? But yeah, it's part of why I acted so erratically. Obviously, it was pretty concerning to know I had no memory of years I had lived through.

I mean, I guess looking back I was just thoroughly paranoid in general to an extreme degree. Like honestly, I should've figured everyone felt pretty comfortable for a reason, because we pretty much had made it past the part with actual conflict, but I couldn't shake the idea that there was some bigger bad somewhere, and sorry about that suspicion falling on you (and Datamatt lol, who was basically only suspicious due to some really circumstantial stuff which is also silly that I didn't even stop to think about it).

Also, I feel like a variety of win conditions are pretty important to a Nonary Game, since it really increases the distrust even when you're confident they're not Zero because their win condition might still conflict with yours. I guess by the same token though, it makes balancing the game very tough.

Separate win conditions also give you more incentive to be active and to dig deeper into the story if the games continue to go in that direction

A lot of times in these games I feel like I have no clue what's going on with the plot and I'd like to dig deeper for information because it seems interesting, but then I feel like if I poke around too much people will start getting suspicious and that puts my chances of escape in jeopardy, so it's better to just keep my head down and move along if something isn't vital to know

On a related note I have to confess I more or less gave up on the puzzles by the end of the game. I'd only managed to solve the one at the very beginning; every other one I either couldn't figure out or someone else had beaten me to it (using Watch My Back might as well have equated to "you forfeit the right to solve anything this phase") and in the last room someone needed to solve them or we'd all be stuck so I figured someone would do it. I realize that's a shitty attitude to have, and I won't make excuses for it, I'm just saying that's how I felt and I'm sorry.

Part of the reasoning behind the final vote was related to my poor attitude too. I felt like I hadn't accomplished anything at all for the entire game, just more or less gone along with the group, and here at the end I'd be basically walking into a free win. I figured going against the voting plan would be a nice character moment (although it was a bit clumsy like pretty much every post I've ever made) and it wouldn't really change the overall idea of distributing votes carefully so everyone could get out, but at least it'd make me feel like I'd done SOMETHING to even somewhat deserve a victory. I really wasn't expecting everything to descend into chaos the way it did, but, uh, at least it worked out okay in the end...?

Most of my critiques have already been covered by others; the length of the game, the three lives system putting a bit of a damper on the tension, but I'll say I really liked the story, the puzzles, all the work that went into the rooms, and everyone's unique powers seemed fairly well-balanced.

I actually ended up defecting against the plan at the end and voting for you, but I decided that it wasn't worth it to move all my votes to guarantee kill you, and the only scenario it could lead to if you lied is proof that you did. I was pretty surprised that it all worked out, I mostly didn't want to put one vote on you where you turn out to be innocent and die

Anyway, for the Nonary Game that I did I think i focused too much on the story (even giving one player basically the ability to lead others in the story, too OP) but that ended up making it easy to write the characters and diverse win conditions. The story wouldn't mean anything to BadPlayer without his win condition incentive, and same with Doctor Nanjo's character I believe. I actually ended up cancelling the (5th?) Nonary Game because I had really cool ideas for like 3 characters but the rest just wasn't working together and I knew that it would end up falling apart if I didn't patch it up but I didn't have the time to invest to do that

I do think another good idea is to have the smaller in-game mysteries like a mysterious corpse from an extra player that was killed by someone in the group. That gives incentive to not share your backstory too much as well

Though I guess the lack of win conditions freed up much more for me in the game too I guess? When I was informed that Franzise probably didn't have a formal win condition I was just like "huh neither do I, I guess she could've voted for herself". It let me get into my role more and give my character a better ending when I didn't have to be concerned with winning. I actually am hesitating to put win conditions in the Danganronpa game, as I think there's least fear in taking the hard way out and becoming a killer. And the only real "loss" then becomes not being able to play the game anymore or not getting the last laugh. It kind of does sound better now that I write it out but I do think enough players would probably be interested enough in becoming killers anyway?

Happy Maria

Being a killer is pretty fun. Try it

I didn't solve one puzzle in all the three rooms I went into :P I did get a lot of tools in the garage though.

Shy guy

Southern Corn wrote:
So will it be like the first two CRNGs? Will it have RPing and proper characters and all?

It'll definitely still have RPing and characters and all that. Think of it like my previous game, but with a more solid mechanical foundation. Though it won't be so puzzle-heavy, if it has puzzles at all.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
Also, I feel like a variety of win conditions are pretty important to a Nonary Game, since it really increases the distrust even when you're confident they're not Zero because their win condition might still conflict with yours. I guess by the same token though, it makes balancing the game very tough.

That makes sense. This kind of thing is why I'm trying to build from the mechanics first this time around.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Separate win conditions also give you more incentive to be active and to dig deeper into the story if the games continue to go in that direction

A lot of times in these games I feel like I have no clue what's going on with the plot and I'd like to dig deeper for information because it seems interesting, but then I feel like if I poke around too much people will start getting suspicious and that puts my chances of escape in jeopardy, so it's better to just keep my head down and move along if something isn't vital to know

Hmm... I'm uncertain what to say about this. I'd like it if all the players felt like they were free to dig into the story without it affecting their ability to win, but I could see why that might be difficult.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
On a related note I have to confess I more or less gave up on the puzzles by the end of the game. I'd only managed to solve the one at the very beginning; every other one I either couldn't figure out or someone else had beaten me to it (using Watch My Back might as well have equated to "you forfeit the right to solve anything this phase") and in the last room someone needed to solve them or we'd all be stuck so I figured someone would do it. I realize that's a shitty attitude to have, and I won't make excuses for it, I'm just saying that's how I felt and I'm sorry.

Speaking of which, how did everyone find the puzzles? I couldn't be certain what level to target them at, but I did at least make sure I could finish them. They were a mix of puzzles I found online and puzzles I made myself, the latter likely being a bit clunkier, but hopefully that didn't break away from the experience.

JesusMonroe wrote:
Anyway, for the Nonary Game that I did I think i focused too much on the story (even giving one player basically the ability to lead others in the story, too OP) but that ended up making it easy to write the characters and diverse win conditions. The story wouldn't mean anything to BadPlayer without his win condition incentive, and same with Doctor Nanjo's character I believe. I actually ended up cancelling the (5th?) Nonary Game because I had really cool ideas for like 3 characters but the rest just wasn't working together and I knew that it would end up falling apart if I didn't patch it up but I didn't have the time to invest to do that

Mine was also built up from the story, but the difference was that the characters themselves for the most part weren't tied into it. Well, I mean, they were sort of tied into it, but not enough to have personal motivations within the game. It sounds like that definitely showed in the result.

JesusMonroe wrote:
I do think another good idea is to have the smaller in-game mysteries like a mysterious corpse from an extra player that was killed by someone in the group. That gives incentive to not share your backstory too much as well

I'll keep that in mind. That does make sense.

JesusMonroe wrote:
I actually am hesitating to put win conditions in the Danganronpa game, as I think there's least fear in taking the hard way out and becoming a killer. And the only real "loss" then becomes not being able to play the game anymore or not getting the last laugh. It kind of does sound better now that I write it out but I do think enough players would probably be interested enough in becoming killers anyway?

Personally I'm absolutely planning not to kill too early on. While I want to win, I also really want to involve myself in the trials. Coming up with a murder plan sounds like a lot of fun, but so does making deductions to unravel someone else's.

Anyway, thanks for all the feedback so far. It's definitely been helpful, it's let me see the areas I may be focusing on too much at the detriment of more core ideas that make the games interesting.
Page 2 of 3 [ 99 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus