Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 107 of 115[ 4579 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F1 - Chapter 5 Daily LifeTopic%20Title

Arthur sighed and smiled. "Exercise? Sure, why not?" He followed his classmates.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"Anything to make my body stronger. That's my biggest pitfall at this point," Jay requested, looking around at the various types of training equipment, "Gotta take care of my faults one at a time."
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

"A stronger body..?" Ryuji asked. "S-Sometimes all you need is to be healthy...b-but I understand."

Ryuji nodded and led Jay to the bench press. "The average starting point is 45 pounds(20kg)...let me know if that's too much."

"How about you guys?" Ryuji asked the others.

((Rolled an 18 on a d20 in Discord. I'm giving my character a -2 in strength, making the total 16. Passed a DC 10 (average) with flying colors.))

Jay lied down on the bench press and rubbed his hands together. He gave it his all, grabbing the weight and pushing with all his might. It strained him, but he was able to lift it until his arms were completely straight. He gently brought the weight back down. After a couple more reps, he was beginning to sweat a bit. He stopped and sat back up. "I... I did it! I did it!" Jay remarked, like a school kid who had gotten an A on his report.
100% pure Joy.

CaptainPancakes wrote:

"How about you guys?" Ryuji asked the others.

"Hmm..." said Arthur. "I guess I'd like to try running? Jogging?"

Slezak wrote:
((Rolled an 18 on a d20 in Discord. I'm giving my character a -2 in strength, making the total 16. Passed a DC 10 (average) with flying colors.))

Jay lied down on the bench press and rubbed his hands together. He gave it his all, grabbing the weight and pushing with all his might. It strained him, but he was able to lift it until his arms were completely straight. He gently brought the weight back down. After a couple more reps, he was beginning to sweat a bit. He stopped and sat back up. "I... I did it! I did it!" Jay remarked, like a school kid who had gotten an A on his report.

"D-Don't stop now," Ryuji encouraged. "Keep going as much as you can!"

Quote:
"Hmm..." said Arthur. "I guess I'd like to try running? Jogging?"

"W-Well, I think there are treadmills over there..." Ryuji said pointing in the direction. "I could set it up for you if you'd like..." Ryuji walked over and saw the Monokuma brand exercise equipment that made him a bit wary. He found the max speed could be set to 99999 km/hr.

"E-Er, don't touch anything," Ryuji said, as he set it to a normal speed.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"E-Er, don't touch anything," Ryuji said, as he set it to a normal speed.

((Rolled an 11 for Athletics, just squeaked by the DC 10 check))

Arthur started jogging. He was sweating in no time but could keep the pace fine.

"Oh this isn't too bad. What do I have to do this for? 5 minutes? 10?"

Last edited by MechaQdogg on Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Hmmm..." Ryuji said, going into thought. As he thought about what would be good for Arthur, he realized he had no idea how to properly train people to exercise. "J-Just until you get tired..?"

((Rolled a 19. Wow, that's 17 total score.))

"Oh... well OK," Jay conceded, lying back down and grabbing the weight once again. Something had felt... odd about the first set of reps, so he reconfigured himself and tried again, this time not extending fully, but still bringing the weight down gently. He felt a little more confident and did another set of reps, this time a bit cleaner. Bringing the weight down one final time, Jay sat up. "How was that this time, Coach?" he asked.
100% pure Joy.

Flo finished stretching.

"I wish we had a set of gym clothes. Running around in a skirt is difficult."

She spotted the dumbel rack.

"Hmm, I'm not concerned for my arms but…" she rubbed her stomach again.

There was a sit-up machine in the corner. She got into it, set the weights to the lighest, and did slow steady situps.

"Wait...did we stretch..?" Ryuji thought to himself. "U-Uh...everyone stop and uh...stretch!"

Seeing Flo stretch, Ryuji nodded in approval. "G-Good! Stretching is good!"

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Hmmm..." Ryuji said, going into thought. As he thought about what would be good for Arthur, he realized he had no idea how to properly train people to exercise. "J-Just until you get tired..?"

((Rolled a 3 on my exercise knowledge check))

Arthur shrugged as best he could while jogging. "Yeah, sure. That makes sense. I'll just keep going then. "

((14 - 2 = 12. Passed all three checks. Am I the Ultimate Lucky Student after all?))

"Um, thanks for the advice, but I think I've got this down," Jay stated, the strenuousness of the activity beginning to get to him. He went for one more set, keeping the form from his second one, but his arms struggled to lift the weight up for the last couple. He nearly dropped the weight too fast, but managed to catch himself and bring it back to rest. He sat up, breathing rather heavily, and wiped his brow. He grabbed some sanitizer and a paper towel from nearby and gave the machine a good wipedown. "That was a good practice, I think," Jay stated, "I'll stick with that weight until it becomes effortless." Remembering Flo's advice, he did some cooldown stretching.
100% pure Joy.

The training over, everyone showered and changed.

Flo lay in her bed, having just invited everyone to come over. She heard someone knock on the door. She opened it, and saw two people there: Arthur and Jay.

"Oh, hey guys. Come in," said Flo. She looked around for chairs but couldn't find any. They sat on the floor instead.

"Thanks for coming," Flo continued. "I just… after every trial we go off and do such silly trivial stuff. We're not banding against Monokuma, we're not moving forward. At this point, he'll have us all killed. And now you Arthur, mention something like a mastermind. A-and Monokuma says a murder plan has already been submitted. Now's not the time to be hitting the gym and stuff is it?"

Last edited by Lone on Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"You're absolutely right, Flo," Jay admitted, scratching the back of his head, "It seems like we've been trying to distract ourselves from the killing game, but it'll keep happening with or without us. Unfortunately, I'm at a loss. What can we do?"
100% pure Joy.

"I-I don't know," Flo admitted. "But like, anything more than this. I still have emps left over from when I had Matt's talent." She nudged at the desk drawer.

"Maybe we can put those to use. Or like, set a trap for the mastermind, who knows. I just don't want to be the sitting duck any longer…"

Shy guy

Next to arrive was Sakura, finally looking like she'd gotten enough sleep to function as a normal human being. "Hi, guys..." She greeted the others vaguely, before coming in and finding an empty spot on the floor to sit on, leaning against the bed. "Sorry I'm late; what did I miss?"

Next to arrive was Ryuji, surprised that he had received an invite. "R-R-Ryuji Arisato, reporting for duty!" he said nervously, going to lean against a wall.

"Oh jee, everyone but Matt's shown up. Um, I didn't expect this many people to, thanks guys. My room isn't exactly huge but, I just wanted a change of scenery from the cafeteria."

She scoot over and let Ryuji and Sakura take their spots.

"So yeah, we were just talking about what we can do about Monokuma and stuff. We've been just sitting here for far too long, and we can't let things keep on happening like this."

"M-Monokuma..?" Ryuji wondered. "Are you planning something..? M-Mutiny?!"

Shy guy

"M-mutiny implies we ever saw him as a leader." Sakura said scornfully. "Flo's right. B-but... I'm not really sure what we can even do against him. We've all s-seen what he's capable of in the previous areas."

"D-Do you guys think Monomi might help us..?"

"Um, I hate to say it," Jay responded, "But I think Monomi is in cahoots with Monokuma. In fact, the Mastermind is surely controlling both of them."
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

"The m-mastermind..." Sakura looked around uneasily at the other students. "I can't even begin to believe there's supposed to be a traitor among us... B-but Monokuma never l-lies, somehow. M-maybe there's a different way to interpret his words? S-someone being coerced into helping him, maybe?"

"I-I don't want to believe any of us is the Mastermind either," Jay admitted, "I trust everyone here. But, if someone here is lying, they're doing a pretty good job of it. Plus, setting traps for the Mastermind is just asking to have someone else fall for them. That's why I wonder... is there someone else? Managing to stay hidden all this time? Or maybe they didn't need to. They're probably locked away in some secret room somewhere, watching us deliberate their existence."
100% pure Joy.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Matt had not showed up at the meeting. He probably didn't even know there was a meeting.

Instead, he chose to go to the time machine room in the 3rd door and examine what was left of the time machine. For what purpose, it is unknown.

Slezak wrote:
"I-I don't want to believe any of us is the Mastermind either," Jay admitted, "I trust everyone here. But, if someone here is lying, they're doing a pretty good job of it. Plus, setting traps for the Mastermind is just asking to have someone else fall for them. That's why I wonder... is there someone else? Managing to stay hidden all this time? Or maybe they didn't need to. They're probably locked away in some secret room somewhere, watching us deliberate their existence."

"Even if one of us is the mastermind, what does that really mean in this context, I wonder?" said Arthur. "Does any of us really have the power to have collected all of us here, made this place, and given Monokuma all of this power?"

Arthur shook his head. "I'm more concerned that Monokuma has the ability to affect our memories. If he wants to, he could have us forget, bring in ten new students and have us do this all over again. If nothing else, we have an imperative to escape and tell our stories-- not just us here, but everyone else's too. And also we can't let others get dragged into whatever it is we've found ourselves in."

"Unfortunately, I have nothing to contribute to this effort but my wits." Arthur shrugged. "That sounds pretty worthless to me, but for whatever it's worth, it'll be yours."

"You know, that's a good point," Jay admitted, shutting his eyes in thought, "I've had this weird feeling ever since we got here that our memories could've been messed with. It's really just gut instinct, but it's kinda like past lives. How can we be sure this is our first life? In the same vein, how can we be sure this is our first game? Maybe we've already been through a round or two. Some of us might have been, as you said, brought here for the first time. The existence of that memory pen perturbs me to no end."
100% pure Joy.

Slezak wrote:
"You know, that's a good point," Jay admitted, shutting his eyes in thought, "I've had this weird feeling ever since we got here that our memories could've been messed with. It's really just gut instinct, but it's kinda like past lives. How can we be sure this is our first life? In the same vein, how can we be sure this is our first game?"

Arthur looked away. "To be frank, I thought about it, and I don't want to consider it. It's too... overwhelming to consider that we could've forgotten a whole other class, whole groups of friends and bonds and loves. Let alone more than that."

"And it doesn't change anything. We stay true to each other, and we remember each other, and beat Monokuma together. That's the minimum acceptable allowance. We can look for remnants of others here later."

MechaQdogg wrote:
Slezak wrote:
"You know, that's a good point," Jay admitted, shutting his eyes in thought, "I've had this weird feeling ever since we got here that our memories could've been messed with. It's really just gut instinct, but it's kinda like past lives. How can we be sure this is our first life? In the same vein, how can we be sure this is our first game?"

Arthur looked away. "To be frank, I thought about it, and I don't want to consider it. It's too... overwhelming to consider that we could've forgotten a whole other class, whole groups of friends and bonds and loves. Let alone more than that."

"And it doesn't change anything. We stay true to each other, and we remember each other, and beat Monokuma together. That's the minimum acceptable allowance. We can look for remnants of others here later."

"I-I wouldn't forget anyone like that," Ryuji said, a solemn tone to his voice. "T-These memories are real too...I-I won't believe that any part of my past could be fake..."

Jay wanted to mention the fact that memory falsification was real as evidenced by what happened in the last trial, but he decided not to remind the others. Instead, he simply replied to Arthur, "Yeah, you're right. First things first, we need to find a way out of here, or at least a way to bring Monokuma to justice! So... any ideas on where to start?"
100% pure Joy.

"Memory falsifications huh? Once we get out, we need to find a way to undo those things. Well, firstly, I guess we need to find the mastermind and escape… oh dear."

Flo counted heads in the room.

"Matt's the only one not here… Err, wait, if he was the mastermind though, that would be too suspicious right?"

She looked at everyone in the room.

"And there it is again, that doubt, that mistrust…"

"N-no Flo! Don't give in!" Jay protested, realizing that he was talking to himself as well, "We need to be strong... for... each other..." The last words were barely a whisper. He never liked this feeling he felt right now. The feeling that maybe everything he was saying was just trying to put up a front to stop everyone from going crazy. Inside he was legitimately frightened. He felt like they were so close to the end, but he also didn't want anyone else to die. "Guys," Jay began again, trying to renew his confidence, "Whatever happens, whoever makes it out of here needs to remember to keep their hopes alive and work towards a brighter future. Regardless of whether or not this is 'just a game,' we've all put lots of time into this. We can't lose it all now when Monokuma's clearly run out of things with which to tempt us."
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

"Monokuma was using those bugs to listen to us all, right?" Sakura said. "C-can he... like, track the signal back or something? Find out where the one controlling him is hiding? O-or... maybe if we disassemble Monomi we'll find a clue? Either w-way, I think w-we'll need Matt for this."

KamiPanda wrote:
"Monokuma was using those bugs to listen to us all, right?" Sakura said. "C-can he... like, track the signal back or something? Find out where the one controlling him is hiding? O-or... maybe if we disassemble Monomi we'll find a clue? Either w-way, I think w-we'll need Matt for this."

"It's possible..." said Arthur. "But not anything I know anything about. But at any rate, any place we talk about this from here on out, we need to use one of those EMP's to knock out any bugs we might have on us. Might be a good idea to leave our handbooks away as well. We can't break them, but they could be used to listen to us."

"Good idea," said Flo. She pulled an EMP from her drawer. "Wanna use one now?"

Lone wrote:
"Good idea," said Flo. She pulled an EMP from her drawer. "Wanna use one now?"

"Uhhh-- we should ditch the notebooks, first." said Arthur uncertainly. "No offense, I like you all well enough, but with them busted we'll be having an impromptu sleep-over at Flo's. And I'm not sure we're all acquainted well enough to know first hand which of us snores."

"Um, is it such a good idea just leaving our handbooks out in the open?" Jay asked with reservation, "Plus, I think EMPing the cameras counts as destruction of school property. I don't want Monokuma to have our heads when we're this close already. That said, I have no other idea how to even get started trying to stop Monokuma. The most we could really do is try to talk to Matt and see if he has any ideas."
100% pure Joy.

Slezak wrote:
"Um, is it such a good idea just leaving our handbooks out in the open?" Jay asked with reservation, "Plus, I think EMPing the cameras counts as destruction of school property. I don't want Monokuma to have our heads when we're this close already. That said, I have no other idea how to even get started trying to stop Monokuma. The most we could really do is try to talk to Matt and see if he has any ideas."

"Good points. I'm not sure what would and wouldn't count as destruction of school property." said Arthur. "Flo, what did you use the EMPs on in Door 2 again? We know Monokuma has some tolerance for destruction of property-- after all, Van damn near blew up all of Room 3 and Monokuma didn't kill him for rule breaking."

"I couldn't even break that radio tower door, Matt did. But I guess you guys are right." She tucked the emps away, disappointed. "I will save these for when we really need to."
Page 107 of 115 [ 4579 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus