Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 2[ 74 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Danganronpa F1 Post-Game ThreadTopic%20Title

And now it's finally the end

I have a lot I want to say, but I have work now so I'll save it for later :p

For now, I'll just say thank you. If yo ever felt burnt out and didn't want to continue, trust me when I say nobody felt more burnt out than me. But I stuck through so thank you to all of you for doing the same
Re: Danganronpa F1 Post-Game ThreadTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Solomon Coxy
Born on Monday
Tangoed on Tuesday
Painted on Wednesday
Sent to summer school on Thursday
Killed on Friday
Escaped on Saturday
Arrested on Sunday
Thus ends the tale of Solomon Coxy.

Oh one quick thing I suppose

Thank you to BP for helping out the first trial when things were most chaotic

Special thank you to Agea for both subbing and having to change your character after being selected as a killer

But special special thank you to Mecha and Lone for helping me come up with the ending. Otherwise it would've just ended after Chapter 4 with Monokuma sending everyone home. The final result I think ended up being much more satisfying

Happy Maria

I agree. Arthur and Flo were my favourites beforehand, so the last two chapters really shot them up in my book.

And thank YOU, JM, for nominating me as the MVP of the game. Very much appreciated. <3

Btw, can I post Solomon's ending now? You know, the first one.

Also you should probably link all the QTs but you can do that later

This had been a great and fun rp, thank you JM. I loved the ending so much lol

And Soco, Cox wouldn't be anywhere without Subaru's help >:(

ASCEND

Even though I wasn't involved, reading that RP and chatting in the Discord pretty much made my summer for me.

So thanks for that, everyone. You did a GOOD JOB!
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Socot wrote:
I agree. Arthur and Flo were my favourites beforehand, so the last two chapters really shot them up in my book.

And thank YOU, JM, for nominating me as the MVP of the game. Very much appreciated. <3

Send the final version to me I'll put all the endings in one post

Happy Maria

I know, but I've thanked you so many times I felt saying it again would be redundant D: but I'll sadly it again. Thanks Vinny

In truth, my original plan was kinda crappy and would've given me away as the killer pretty easily. But it was really JM who improved upon the plan and pretty much made me look more inconspicuous while still keeping the essentials from the original plan.

In a way I'm a bit disappointed I wasn't caught because I would've loved to see everyone's reaction to it.

Still, I had a lot of fun unleashing my murder plans on BP's character, so thank you JM for that. This was extremely fun to participate in. Certainly something compared to the Nonary Games.

Happy Maria

Planetbox wrote:
Even though I wasn't involved, reading that RP and chatting in the Discord pretty much made my summer for me.

Haha, so that's it! I was super confused when you showed up in the daily life all of a sudden! ...For two posts.

JesusMonroe wrote:
Socot wrote:

Send the final version to me I'll put all the endings in one post

Done. Check your PMs JM

Anyway, can't wait for the OTHER ending where Cox actually gets caught. That'll be fun.

ASCEND

Socot wrote:
Planetbox wrote:

Haha, so that's it! I was super confused when you showed up in the daily life all of a sudden! ...For two posts.

Yeah, that was the result of a joke I made in the Discord about me being the Ultimate Spectator. I was too late to really do much with it though, obviously.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

A new dawn.

Thank you for the brilliant RP, JM! I'm definitely happy to have spent my summer here.

And thanks to SC for telling me about this.

I'll say it a third time but I am very happy that I was a part of this RP! I joined very late on account of a post made by JM on GameFAQs, so I sort of lucked out on being able to join, since by the time I wanted to sign up it was already almost filled. As rocky as my start was I'm glad it all worked out.

Regardless I'm new to CR and don't know much about the website, but since I'm a fan of Ace Attorney, I'm gonna try and stick around. I got to know some of the community through the Discord and I had a lot of fun with them. Thank you again to JM for making such a great game :)

Happy Maria

No problem, DA. Just thought you'd be interested in this since you've heard about DR and all. Speaking of which, this RP made me interested enough to play the actual DR games. It's been pretty fun so far. I'm currently in the first chapter of DR2.

Also, I love that Solomon killed more people than Jack. A 17 year old 130 lbs skinny painter killed more than a Japanese Soldier with a KNIFE from WWII. Ironically both have fought off with a knife against a character played by BP leading to the death of the person with a Japanese name...It just gets deeper and deeper

And thanks for joining, Pancakes! Ryuji was also one of my favourites, he was very entertaining (and easily manipulatable)

Seriously though, sounds like y'all had a lot of fun on Discord. Wish I'd been there to see the ensuing chaos. :(

Maybe for F2 you could join the Discord! We're also probably gonna use it for school mode. I heard one of the issues was e-mail and I'm pretty sure you can use Discord without having to give up your e-mail.

Shy guy

You can use Discord in a browser, without even needing an email address. You just need the link.

Thanks again for hosting this, JM!

Happy Maria

Haha, it's appreciated, but it's not email. I do have a Discord account. I just prefer...not to go on there.

If there is an F2 you bet your ass I'm signing up though

For the game, not Discord.

Btw hi Kami! it's weird seeing you after we saw the Emoji Movie knowing what you look like You did a great job during Chapter 2 figuring out the killer as well as on chapter 5 where you also 'did the same'. Can't wait for NG6

Also great job to Van for figuring out the black paint method! If you'd have followed it more, you might've figured out that the killer never even washed off the paint! Still, you did a pretty commendable job trying to catch me.

Yeah, thanks JM! I jumped at the opportunity to join, and honestly could not wait for it to start. And it definitely lived up to the hype. I'd never RPed before, and wasn't too sure how I would handle Flo in the slightest. I had to play it by ear, but I think it worked in the end.

And boy, chapter 5 was fun. Arthur and I worked with JM to make sure no one suspected a thing. I had to play it up both on the regular chat and the dead chat. It was super satisfying to lay down the boot come chapter 6.

I'll definitely check out the nonary games when those start up again. In the mean time, thanks for everything, and good luck Slezak with the school mode. This feels like the first meaningful thing I've done since signing up to this site.

Shy guy

You can create a new Discord account if it's your old one that's the issue. Pancakes did it to test.

Hi SC XD Thanks. I also figured out Chapter 4's killer but sabotaged the efforts to have them revealed. Dunno how well that came through without what was happening on Discord.

ASCEND

I'll definitely try to sign up for F2 whenever that happens. I already have a character in mind. So try to save me a spot please okay bye

Happy Maria

Flo is the best. You really did have me fooled overall. You two enhanced the last part so much it was incredible. I can't wait to read your QTs after this to see how it all came to be.

Can't wait till you arrest me :)

No, my Discord account is fine, Kami. I just don't go on it anymore for personal reasons.

Anyway here are my rankings of the best murder plans from best to worst

Chapter 5/6
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 1

JM really made everything better as it went on. TBH I wish I could've stayed after revealing myself but the game was cluttered enough already so I think it was for the best.

Shy guy

So Discord itself is the problem?

Happy Maria

KamiPanda wrote:
So Discord itself is the problem?

That's all I'll say on the matter, though.

I can't wait until Solomon's ending gets posted. I basically clarified a lot of stuff that wasn't really made clear in game. Plus I think you'll like the final part a lot. Eheheh.

Also, try rereading the first part of the game knowing that I'm the Ultimate Painter. You'll notice quite a lot of foreshadowing there, lol.

I lost way too much sleep over this game, got surprisingly invested

Already said this a couple times but even though I was actually heartbroken when Sayako died I was satisfied with the way it happened

Really loved the time I spent with everyone, it was an absolute blast

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Thank you JesusMonroe for starting another wonderful game series here on CR. That's also TWO visual novel series now he's gotten me into: Zero Escape, and Danganronpa.

I really just picked a talent I thought would be fun to RP and one I knew I'd be good at, and threw my de facto OC into it. Man if I only knew what I was getting him into. Still, this was definitely the most enjoyable game I've ever been a part of. I got so immersed that it was all I could really think about at times. Because of this game, I wept uncontrollably many times, lost lots of sleep, but also gained many new friends and even decided to take up origami! Also I now have a framed picture that I'm going to be putting up on the wall. This game really does mean that much to me. I still cry for the ones who died sometimes. Please don't judge me :'(

Also, like a few people have said already, there is my School Mode RP to look forward to in about a week's time. There's absolutely no obligation to join and, even if you don't get in before it starts, you're free to submit characters whenever you want. It's drop in/drop out, so there's no pressure to stick around. Even so, I hope we can make things half as memorable as some of the events in this game.

Depending on how soon the next Nonary Game starts, I may have to sit out. Also, it's going to be difficult to think of any character who isn't Jay to be a part of F2 when it comes around.

Thank you all. Thank you for everything. And please, don't be a stranger.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Happy Maria

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Already said this a couple times but even though I was actually heartbroken when Sayako died I was satisfied with the way it happened

You seriously made the prologue great, Franzy. Loved all the filler. Thanks for also coining the phrase 'never ever ever trust sc'. Remember to trademark that shit yo

Stumbled upon this accidental foreshadowing in the prologue as well

Viktoria von Karma wrote:
Quote:
Solomon simply laughs at Subaru's outrageous comment. "Yeah, yeah, sure. I can't believe you guys are actually taking this bloke seriously."

"So?", Charlie asked Sol in a sharp voice. "I'm not constantly telling you that you haven't yet proven to me that you're really a bookworm either. If you're that sure that he's a fraud, you might also want to explain why, don't you?"

Hahahahaha.

Also I'm a little sad Adalliah couldn't participate. Her character was genius. She pretended to be a maid when she was a con artist. Could've come in handy later but ah well

Slezak wrote:
I still cry for the ones who died sometimes. Please don't judge me :'(

Meanwhile, I laugh at their puny miserable deaths every night. It's the only thing that makes me sleep.

Please don't judge me :'(

Socot wrote:
Flo is the best. You really did have me fooled overall. You two enhanced the last part so much it was incredible. I can't wait to read your QTs after this to see how it all came to be.

Hehe, I'm glad it thrilled you. Some of it was via QR, but most of it was on discord. Yeah, we had our own private server with JM. I was worried someone would accidentally post something into the general server… but that never happened, thankfully.

I'm happy to have gotten to know everyone too. I hope we'll continue to be on speaking terms for years to come.

Happy Maria

I hope we'll all end up in the same retirement homes in a few decades

Rereading the thread it's weird how Flo doesn't hate my guts in the slightest. It only started to form when I went in the basement to check out the leaky pipe, lol.

It became a meme to hate Cox, but rest assured that Ryuji still doesn't hate you!

Happy Maria

Thank you, Ryuji. I love you too. May you and your Tatsuya always be together and prosperous, and remember, don't ever hate mushroom soup. <3

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Jay doesn't hate Solomon either. He doesn't even hate Sonny despite his constant slaps. Even though he said "screw Cox" at one point, he was only joking and apologized about it. Jay, and I, sincerely hope you live a happy and successful life.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

This was an awesome experience, props to JM for putting in all this effort into making this an incredibly enjoyable experience.

I had a lot of fun playing as Crimson Callow, and I'm looking forward to participating in what's to come.

It's kind of hard to believe this is over, I will kind of miss reading through the thread and wondering what could happen next.

But yeah, thanks JM for having such a great idea for an RP! And everyone else for making it great with your characters. I died early and was pretty inactive until shortly before my death, but it was still pretty fun participating in this. And the way I died was kind of awesome anyway lol.

I'm looking forward to whatever we do next. I might join the school mode RP...not at the start though. I'll definitely join the next NG too!
Signature loading, please wait...

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

This game was like a roller coaster. If the roller coaster only went downwards, then leveled off, only to take a deeper plunge. My heart broke a couple of times, but I think Sayako's trial was the worst because I knew by that time how it was all going to end.

I was very surprised to find that I liked the way Arthur turned out to be.

I feel like there was truly something special here, even if I'd have rather it not ended in a grand tragedy. It was an excellent introduction to forum RP and I'm happy this was my first one. I'll still be in the discord and I'll be in Slezak's School Life RP as well, so I'll see all of you around.

Again, can't thank all of you enough. The fact that you all enjoyed it did make the effort worth it in the end

I don't like to talk myself up too much, so I won't say whether or not I think this game was better than the DR games. I can't determine that and the reality is probably "no, not even close to the same level of quality." But I was still proud of a lot of moments like the big Chapter 2 twist and the Chapter 4 scenario (though I wish I had done more with the latter)

But I will say that I loved a lot of your characters. And I'm not kidding when I say I loved many of them more than some DR characters (don't consider that talking myself up since I didn't write any of them :p ). Really great job, especially for the first-time

I know a lot of people weren't a fan of the forum game twist. I'll say right now that I'd never do a twist that meta in any official work that I created. I knew there'd be a lot more levity since this was a forum game, so I went for it. And I think it worked thematically too. A lot of people said they got attached to these fictional characters, so I did like the small message that despite these characters being fictional, they were still real enough

Plus it allowed a lot of justification for the different locations, Monokuma technically had the power to RNG the murderer in Chapter 3 since he was the writer of the story, and I was able to do things like let Flo access the dead thread at the end. She shouldn't be able to communicate with the dead since she isn't, but the point is that she "fooled" Monokuma

Anyway, here are some ideas I have for future DR RPs in this format. Take these ideas separately, as I'm not proposing that they should ALL be part of a new game

12 students, 3 trials:
I think this change would be a very good one. Admittedly I did really like having a lot of characters to get to know so I would be a bit sad with ditching 16...this is more something at the discretion of the GM I suppose

Trials are a month apart:
When you sign up for an RP of this version, you're more signing up for scheduled trials. So put them in your calendar, and until then it's just Daily Life. Players won't be expected to keep the thread active during the entire month of course, but this gives the GM plenty of time to write the mystery and makes it so this RP doesn't necessarily need to be run only on vacation times. The one caveat of this is that such a long running RP might make scheduling annoying for other RPs that want to go up, but considering that this one is such a light commitment besides the trials, I don't think it'd be a problem to run two games at once?

Deadly Life:
I've had a lot of people ask me about deadly life and say they wanted it in this game. Personally, I really don't think it was necessary. I wanted to keep the game moving and having a phase where people just move to certain places and ask to examine certain things and then go to a trial not sure if they have all the evidence...yeah, it seemed like a better idea to just keep it in the alibis

Deadly Life During a Class Trial:
This idea isn't that fleshed out, but essentially the class trial would start with everyone giving their alibis, then they'd ask Monokuma to let certain people examine certain rooms. All relevant evidence would be found when in the room, but there could be interesting responses from certain characters (Charlie comes to mind)

When creating your OC, send the name/talent/preferred gender/personality
I didn't want to require too much of people, but yeah I think personality is an essential one. This is something that I'll at least implement if I run another one of these. I was told a lot of people had no idea of their character's personality at the start and just sort of it let it ride to see what happened. For some people, this really worked out. For others, not so much. I think this is a good idea though because I do think everyone needs at least some idea of what their character is going to be

When creating your OC, think of some reason they'd kill another student
I don't think any character should be an angel who wouldn't kill ever. And as we've seen from this game, there are times when a murderer needs to be chosen. Instead of awkwardly having to add something to a character, it'd be nice to just have it be a planned part of the character from the beginning

Game starts a month after all characters are created
The big problem with this is that it'll take the wind out of a lot of people's sails when they create a character and then not be able to do anything with them for a month. But speaking for me personally, it would've helped sooooo much for planning in advance if I at least knew everybody's talents. A big reason origami was a part of a lot of chapters was because certain ideas kept bouncing around in my head after KamiPanda said that's what his talent was going to be in the first interest thread. I already knew from the start of the game that paper would be a red herring solution to a locked room murder, and I had the image of a corpse surrounded by paper cranes

1000% Knight

JesusMonroe wrote:
Again, can't thank all of you enough. The fact that you all enjoyed it did make the effort worth it in the end

JM

i asked for one thing

actually it was two

but i didn't get either of them

smh
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Happy Maria

Slezak wrote:
Jay doesn't hate Solomon either. He doesn't even hate Sonny despite his constant slaps. Even though he said "screw Cox" at one point, he was only joking and apologized about it. Jay, and I, sincerely hope you live a happy and successful life.

<3

JesusMonroe wrote:

I don't like to talk myself up too much, so I won't say whether or not I think this game was better than the DR games. I can't determine that and the reality is probably "no, not even close to the same level of quality." But I was still proud of a lot of moments like the big Chapter 2 twist and the Chapter 4 scenario (though I wish I had done more with the latter)

But I will say that I loved a lot of your characters. And I'm not kidding when I say I loved many of them more than some DR characters (don't consider that talking myself up since I didn't write any of them :p ). Really great job, especially for the first-time

I know a lot of people weren't a fan of the forum game twist. I'll say right now that I'd never do a twist that meta in any official work that I created. I knew there'd be a lot more levity since this was a forum game, so I went for it. And I think it worked thematically too. A lot of people said they got attached to these fictional characters, so I did like the small message that despite these characters being fictional, they were still real enough

Plus it allowed a lot of justification for the different locations, Monokuma technically had the power to RNG the murderer in Chapter 3 since he was the writer of the story, and I was able to do things like let Flo access the dead thread at the end. She shouldn't be able to communicate with the dead since she isn't, but the point is that she "fooled" Monokuma

Anyway, here are some ideas I have for future DR RPs in this format. Take these ideas separately, as I'm not proposing that they should ALL be part of a new game

12 students, 3 trials:
I think this change would be a very good one. Admittedly I did really like having a lot of characters to get to know so I would be a bit sad with ditching 16...this is more something at the discretion of the GM I suppose

Trials are a month apart:
When you sign up for an RP of this version, you're more signing up for scheduled trials. So put them in your calendar, and until then it's just Daily Life. Players won't be expected to keep the thread active during the entire month of course, but this gives the GM plenty of time to write the mystery and makes it so this RP doesn't necessarily need to be run only on vacation times. The one caveat of this is that such a long running RP might make scheduling annoying for other RPs that want to go up, but considering that this one is such a light commitment besides the trials, I don't think it'd be a problem to run two games at once?

Deadly Life:
I've had a lot of people ask me about deadly life and say they wanted it in this game. Personally, I really don't think it was necessary. I wanted to keep the game moving and having a phase where people just move to certain places and ask to examine certain things and then go to a trial not sure if they have all the evidence...yeah, it seemed like a better idea to just keep it in the alibis

Deadly Life During a Class Trial:
This idea isn't that fleshed out, but essentially the class trial would start with everyone giving their alibis, then they'd ask Monokuma to let certain people examine certain rooms. All relevant evidence would be found when in the room, but there could be interesting responses from certain characters (Charlie comes to mind)

When creating your OC, send the name/talent/preferred gender/personality
I didn't want to require too much of people, but yeah I think personality is an essential one. This is something that I'll at least implement if I run another one of these. I was told a lot of people had no idea of their character's personality at the start and just sort of it let it ride to see what happened. For some people, this really worked out. For others, not so much. I think this is a good idea though because I do think everyone needs at least some idea of what their character is going to be

When creating your OC, think of some reason they'd kill another student
I don't think any character should be an angel who wouldn't kill ever. And as we've seen from this game, there are times when a murderer needs to be chosen. Instead of awkwardly having to add something to a character, it'd be nice to just have it be a planned part of the character from the beginning

Game starts a month after all characters are created
The big problem with this is that it'll take the wind out of a lot of people's sails when they create a character and then not be able to do anything with them for a month. But speaking for me personally, it would've helped sooooo much for planning in advance if I at least knew everybody's talents. A big reason origami was a part of a lot of chapters was because certain ideas kept bouncing around in my head after KamiPanda said that's what his talent was going to be in the first interest thread. I already knew from the start of the game that paper would be a red herring solution to a locked room murder, and I had the image of a corpse surrounded by paper cranes

I think this actually worked out pretty well. There was a decent time gap between each phase, and the number of students were just right as well. I don't think there's a need to make it longer, but I do agree that you have to have a character who has a good reason to kill someone.

Bad Player wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

JM

i asked for one thing

actually it was two

smh

<3 u bp

thx for letting me kill you

Bad Player wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

JM

i asked for one thing

actually it was two

smh

You also asked to die first

(For what it's worth, I'd also give Karega the "best name" award)

Oh, what a spectacular ending *o* I just finished reading it. Gonna catch up on these posts now too, but wow! I enjoyed the twist a lot, "Arthur"

SiRReN wrote:
Oh, what a spectacular ending *o* I just finished reading it. Gonna catch up on these posts now too, but wow! I enjoyed the twist a lot, "Arthur"

Thanks! It hit me with a bit of inspiration. I went to JM with it, he said "cool". I think I should've taken a more active role in writing stuff for Chapter 5, rather than letting JM do the lion's share of the work. Initially, though, the murder plot itself was waaaaaaaaaaaaay more convoluted-- also way more slow-paced too. It involved some ridiculous musical chairs shenanigans with Arthur transporting not only Flo's body, but himself as well, to make it to the garbage disposal room undetected.

It would've been epic and completely unsolvable by any realistic standards.

The way it all played out was perfect. I'm so glad I accepted JM's invitation to play, because I had a lot of fun. I love RP but I'd never tried it in a forum - I'll be sticking around for the Nonary Game and if there's another DR game like this one I'll definitely be playing it as well :)

Looking forward to Slezak's School Life RP next. Woo!
Page 1 of 2 [ 74 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus