Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 2[ 65 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Danganronpa F2 Post-Game ThreadTopic%20Title

Speaking of-- I may as well formally announce Danganronpa F3 (subtitle TBA)! Signups begin in February. Plenty of slots open. What are your odds of survival? Find out... this March!

Spoiler: DRF3

Last edited by MechaQdogg on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Neat, it's got a Logo and everything.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Not just that, but also a start tiiiiiiime (as of now).

ASCEND

Only '90s kids remember when the start time was already there but changed to not a start time
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

Yay I 'member

In all honesty though, I'm looking forward to it! Only real problem is that it may clash with my game in April, but hopefully by then most players should be eliminated.

Southern Corn wrote:
Yay I 'member

In all honesty though, I'm looking forward to it! Only real problem is that it may clash with my game in April, but hopefully by then most players should be eliminated.

I don't think players should have to choose between going late in my game and participating in yours-- do you want to get together, perhaps in some medium that facilitates discussion in real-time so we can discuss how to optimize the schedules so that everyone's happy?

Happy Maria

Actually, that's alright. I'll probably just start up the game in May since I'll still be free then. Hopefully by that time the game should have ended anyway and I think that'll give me more time to sort everything out.

That works for me, but I don't want you to feel put-out, either. If you want to discuss it with me, get in touch and we can set something up!

So... I know I'm late to the party and stuff, but there was a few things I wanted to say.

First of all, I wanted to thank Lone for being an amazing GM. I know I was probably annoying and everything, but he never made me feel like I was a nuisance. He was extremely helpful and kind, and I couldn't have asked for a better GM. I would also like to thank everyone else for making my first F game a good one.

Secondly, I wanted to address Veronica. I personally, had a lot of fun writing and playing her, but I have seen a lot of mixed opinions on her. Some people liked her, and others didn't seem to like her as much. In my honest opinion, I am happy with how Veronica turned out for the most part, but I know there are a lot of things I could have done better and improved on. I've taken into mind some of the problems with her and criticisms of her, and am working on addressing them for my F3 character, who I hope will turn out better than Veronica did in the end.

Well, that's pretty much it, I guess. I'm not really good with this kind of thing, so I'll just end it here. I'm looking forward to joining F3 with everyone!

Last edited by Joker on Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Same! I think with everything said so far, our F3 characters should be a solid bunch.

Nice endings too, guys. Personally, Simon's was my favourite, but that's also because it was the longest :p

ASCEND

Wow good job with those endings guys. I don't know which one was my faovirte, since saying my own would be C O N C E I T E D

Anyway it's time for the surprise I mentioned that everyone on Discord has already seen unless they like missed it all five times somehow.

I present to you the "official" manga (mangas?) to accompany the Climax Reasonings in F2. These are all very, very serious and in no way comedic, I swear. Any comedy you see is completely coincidental.

F2-1: Turnabout Jaws - https://imgur.com/a/YaOOo
F2-2: Turnabout Eel - https://imgur.com/a/2NOHE
F2-3: Turnabout CAKE - https://imgur.com/a/kEJvz
F2-4: Stairway to Turnabout - https://imgur.com/a/YHyAi
F2-5: Turnabout Ray's a Walking Pile of Fecal Matter - https://imgur.com/a/LYorV
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

S W E E T

Extra notes

*WOW actually that's Hindi you google translated not Sanskrit they're very different languages which just so happen to share the same language smh

*OH MY GOD IS THAT BACK TO THE FUTURE 'MEANWHILE' STOLEN FROM THE TOWN WITH NO NAME

*Okay, Ohishi got a better end here than in the actual game

*Chapter 6 extra panel is super accurate

I give these a perfect 5/7, don't say you've watched the anime unless you've read the manga

ASCEND

Southern Corn wrote:
*WOW actually that's Hindi you google translated not Sanskrit they're very different languages which just so happen to share the same language smh

*OH MY GOD IS THAT BACK TO THE FUTURE 'MEANWHILE' STOLEN FROM THE TOWN WITH NO NAME

*I've been trying to find a Sanskrit translator this whole game but never found one that worked, so I just gave up and hoped no one would notice.

*Yep, you caught me.

Happy Maria

*Fair enough :p Sanskrit is also like Latin in the sense that it's hard to find a proper accurate translator anywhere.

*This isn't a response to any one of your points, I just like using asterisks.

Quote:
*Yep, you caught me.

To start off your New Year right, Arthur and I decided to give a little F3 teaser. If you're interested in the game, you'd probably like to know this in advance

The following question is a required part of the character sheet you'll be submitting:

Spoiler:
"Someone in the world justifiably hates your character. Why?"

Essentially, your character has wronged someone or has done something to get hated by someone else

Happy Maria

Sweet, character motivations and stuff will be pretty interesting. Should give everyone equal motive to kill.
Maybe for once I won't have to even move a finger the next time around and someone else can kill for me XD

Maybe next time, someone will kill you! :0

Happy Maria

Heck, why not? With me as the designated first victim a la BP, the first chapter motive could be to kill me! Not a person who'd pass that up, right?

i hope you're listening mecha

Fun fact: Once I realized SC was the only one who wanted to be first killer, I considered going against my plan and have Bud kill Chisami instead. But since I promised Bad Player the account was just to be first victim, doing so may have put myself in hot water. So I (very regrettably) allowed SC to kill first:p

Happy Maria

Haha, that's quite unfortunate. I'm quite sure I would've enjoyed that outcome too. But ah, well. At least there's always next time :p

The DRF3 team are announcing that the DRF3 signup thread will be... partially determined by you! Follow this link and give us your opinions!

Also we've compiled some tips and tricks that we found helpful to consider when we were making our own characters, and have put them here for you. These aren't requirements or even suggestions, just some things we found useful for us. You need not take the following as gospel.

Spoiler: Tips and Tricks
Character creation tips:
-Your character’s personality is the most important part of your character. You can have a super compelling backstory but if your character’s personality doesn’t contribute at all to the group dynamic and isn’t memorable at all, all the backstory in the world cannot save them from being forgotten.
-It may be helpful to give your character “two” talents. For example, instead of making your character the “Ultimate Gentleman”, make your character the “Ultimate Entomologist” who happens to also be a gentleman. Your character’s talent should be important, but defining your character by their talent will run out of mileage quick.
- Give a thought to what actually matters to your character, when it comes down to it. Do they have goals? People to protect? Interests? And what would your character do to fulfill them? Commit murder, perhaps? How would fulfilling these goals affect your character?
-Your character should react and change. The exception to this is if your character is meant to be more eccentric/comic relief, in which case make doubly sure you have a memorable personality.

Roleplaying tips:
-Keep in mind, most of you are (for the most part) normal high school students. A dead body might appear, and it might not be a character that you or your character cared about. But it’s still a dead body. It used to be a life. For most normal people, that means something.
-You are free to use FTEs as much as you want of course. Some people really shine in one-on-one encounters and that's great! But keep in mind that if your relationship with a certain character can also create compelling interpersonal drama in the main thread as well. If a relationship to another player's character is critical to understanding your character, you should indicate that for everyone in the main thread.
-Similarly, if there is a character detail that you feel is necessary to understanding your character, it should be alluded to in the main thread.
-Solving trials are more than submitting a completely realized theory for consideration-- clarifying certain elements of the mystery, or even speculating about them, can be invaluable as well. Pertinent speculations and details should always be made available in the main thread, even if they've been discussed to death in another medium (i.e. Discord).
-Trials are about more than solving the case. They’re also great opportunity for comedic moments or character building.
-Don’t be afraid to make your character look foolish, silly, or otherwise imperfect—those are the things your character will be remembered for and will go a long way towards making them beloved.

i think i'll be the ultimate entomologist i don't know where i could have gotten the inspiration for such a well thought out talent

Happy Maria

Nice tips, Mecha! I definitely agree that personality is integral to most characters, and I'll definitely be taking these tips into consideration for F3.

MechaQdogg wrote:
The DRF3 team are announcing that the DRF3 signup thread will be... partially determined by you! Follow this link and give us your opinions!

Also we've compiled some tips and tricks that we found helpful to consider when we were making our own characters, and have put them here for you. These aren't requirements or even suggestions, just some things we found useful for us. You need not take the following as gospel.

Spoiler: Tips and Tricks
Character creation tips:
-Your character’s personality is the most important part of your character. You can have a super compelling backstory but if your character’s personality doesn’t contribute at all to the group dynamic and isn’t memorable at all, all the backstory in the world cannot save them from being forgotten.
-It may be helpful to give your character “two” talents. For example, instead of making your character the “Ultimate Gentleman”, make your character the “Ultimate Entomologist” who happens to also be a gentleman. Your character’s talent should be important, but defining your character by their talent will run out of mileage quick.
- Give a thought to what actually matters to your character, when it comes down to it. Do they have goals? People to protect? Interests? And what would your character do to fulfill them? Commit murder, perhaps? How would fulfilling these goals affect your character?
-Your character should react and change. The exception to this is if your character is meant to be more eccentric/comic relief, in which case make doubly sure you have a memorable personality.

Roleplaying tips:
-Keep in mind, most of you are (for the most part) normal high school students. A dead body might appear, and it might not be a character that you or your character cared about. But it’s still a dead body. It used to be a life. For most normal people, that means something.
-You are free to use FTEs as much as you want of course. Some people really shine in one-on-one encounters and that's great! But keep in mind that if your relationship with a certain character can also create compelling interpersonal drama in the main thread as well. If a relationship to another player's character is critical to understanding your character, you should indicate that for everyone in the main thread.
-Similarly, if there is a character detail that you feel is necessary to understanding your character, it should be alluded to in the main thread.
-Solving trials are more than submitting a completely realized theory for consideration-- clarifying certain elements of the mystery, or even speculating about them, can be invaluable as well. Pertinent speculations and details should always be made available in the main thread, even if they've been discussed to death in another medium (i.e. Discord).
-Trials are about more than solving the case. They’re also great opportunity for comedic moments or character building.
-Don’t be afraid to make your character look foolish, silly, or otherwise imperfect—those are the things your character will be remembered for and will go a long way towards making them beloved.

Just to address possible confusion, the survey is only for sign-ups. The game will start 3/1 no matter what (well maybe a little later but not earlier)

Happy Maria

Well, this is only tangentially related, but I may as well say it now what with all the F3 talk. Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to finally announce…Nonary Game 6: The Quest for AB! Sign ups start mid April while the game starts late April, preferably a week or so after F3 ends. Only 9 slots open. What are the chances that you can make it out alive? Find out this April!

Spoiler: Fancy Logo since all the cool kids are doing it these days

Page 2 of 2 [ 65 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus