Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 4 of 4[ 130 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title

Planetbox wrote:
Doctor Nanjo wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
I think you'd find that the typical people who work hard in trials would still work hard if there was no reward at the end.

Okay, to be fair I literally said this part

After thinking about it for a while, I think all of the problems I mentioned are more just a result of my own mental issues, so it's probably not worth abandoning the system.

You did, I just had issue with the "motivate you to work harder than everyone else"

For what it's worth PB, I do think you've been consistently valuable in trials even if you don't have an MVP award to show for it (I even wanted you to get it in F2-5). Hell, I'd even go as far to say that anybody who puts clear effort into the trials is valuable to the outcome of it

I do want the people who were most valuable to be acknowledged, especially if the killer gets away (which seems like a scenario that a lot of people assume won't happen, but it's been very close to happening multiple times). I just personally feel that everybody should be satisfied with a winning outcome, and not who gets the award. When I got MVP in F2 I couldn't have cared less, I was more relieved that the trial was solved

Southern Corn wrote:
Pretty much, yeah. Posting on the thread should always come first rather than Discord imo because it allows everybody to see it and properly cooperate. I don't really get this sense of competition either lol. Posting theories on Discord is all fun and good, but if everyone's so paranoid that someone else will steal them and post it in the thread, then we need to take a step back. This is a game where cooperation is key, so fussing like that over such a thing is quite silly. MVPs are a reward for performing well in trials, but we shouldn't go into trials saying 'Man, I'm gonna try to get an MVP tag this time', we should go in saying 'Man, I'm gonna try and help the others help uncover the killer' (unless you are the killer, in which case you try to mislead the class while also not giving yourself away). I didn't even realise there was such a large controversy around this topic till seeing this thread today, but there's my two cents on it.

^I didn't either, but it's interesting to talk about either way. Although, even if you're one of those people who spend hours on the case, and don't get mvp, it's not for nothing. Arthur and JM will be sure to notice your efforts, which means fewer chances of being axed off for inactivity. So yeah, regardless of the mvp system, I'll keep giving it my all next chapter too. I'll try to use Discord less too, even though we've been trying to do this since F1-2 :p Next trial, I'll put the Discord chat on mute, barring the q and a one. Hopefully then everyone shall see all my stupid theories. Unless I'm next victim. In which case, so be it.

Quote:
Although, even if you're one of those people who spend hours on the case, and don't get mvp, it's not for nothing. Arthur and JM will be sure to notice your efforts, which means fewer chances of being axed off for inactivity.

Yes, glad you brought this up. There's always value in putting effort into the trials because of this and it's absolutely a factor

One point made was MVPs get better daily life treatment and I think that implies that MVPs have more fulfilling character arcs but that's not true. I didn't get a single MVP F1 (cause I'm fairly bad at solving murder mysteries to begin with) but Ryuji had a character arc that was really satisfying to me personally.

I mean, Terrence is still one of my favorite F3 characters and he got axed Chapter 2, I thought how he went out was really good as well and he was treated a lot better than other frequent MVPers in my opinion.

I would hope that MVPs don't give off the illusion that one character is more important than another because I can sort of sift through the different F games and make a reasonable argument that it's not the case. If you have a presence, whether or not you perform well in trials or not, it'll definitely show.

Shy guy

CaptainPancakes wrote:
One point made was MVPs get better daily life treatment and I think that implies that MVPs have more fulfilling character arcs but that's not true.

When was that said? The only point I noticed said here was that MVPs get permanent FTEs which might let them get more out of Daily Life.

KamiPanda wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:
One point made was MVPs get better daily life treatment and I think that implies that MVPs have more fulfilling character arcs but that's not true.

When was that said? The only point I noticed said here was that MVPs get permanent FTEs which might let them get more out of Daily Life.

>"I've said, "The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer" as a joke before, but that is pretty much how it goes. Like, people who are just better at class trials will always have more fulfilling daily life's too, and the other half of the cast is most likely never gonna experience any of these rewards."

I might have read wrong into that (and he might have just been referring to FTEs actually), but yeah, I just read it a certain way and I thought it was worth it to say if anyone really did think that way

Happy Maria

CaptainPancakes wrote:
I mean, Terrence is still one of my favorite F3 characters and he got axed Chapter 2, I thought how he went out was really good as well and he was treated a lot better than other frequent MVPers in my opinion.

<3

I did kinda get MVP in chapter 1 though, but I guess I can't really be called a frequent MVPer :p A good deal of why Terry turned out so well though was because I put a lot of preplanning into him a few months before F3 even started and was able to properly cooperate with JM and Mecha to deliver a fulfilling character arc, which had all been done without the MVP tag in mind, really (though it inadvertently helped in setting some pretty nice FTEs). So yeah, it's definitely possible to have a good character arc without really needing an MVP tag in that regard.

Truth be told, I’m more salty about missing the end of the trials because of my time zone than anything. That’s a much bigger deal than mvps imo, and since the only way to fix this is by breaking my sleep schedule and pulling all-nighters like in F2, I just gotta deal with it. It was humorous for Bud to get mvp in the school mode trial just because it was so wrong, but also so right, but it ultimately didn’t change anything with his character. And same with the standard F game trials. Bland characters have gotten the mvp, while good ones have never. And I’d rather the latter than former any day.

So yeah, maybe it’s something for the F4 GM to think about, but there really is no immediacy to the situation. In the mean time, just buck up.

Happy Maria

Man, so I check here and PB hasn't even posted it here? Can't believe it.

So might as well post it here for him. For the other lucky QT participants, here's the link to PB's Simon's glorious reading of the F3 intro posts. It's a treat, trust me.

So in the original draft of Ch4, it was more of an F1-4 situation where the blackened didn't know they were (which was actually a common theory in the trial :p ). The idea was that S would kill himself to prevent the murder he knew was gonna happen, making his alternate self the blackened. It ended up being a pretty bad idea

This'll probably be pretty confusing to read since it's deliberately not fleshed out and jumps around a lot. There's not much value to it unless you'd like to see some non-canon F1/F2 character interactions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EoG ... sp=sharing
Page 4 of 4 [ 130 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus