Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 93 of 98[ 3882 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 98  Next

Re: Danganronpa F3: Risk vs. Reward - Chapter 5 Daily LifeTopic%20Title

“A dummy knife, ketchup at the crime scene. It looks like... like Anissa was trying to fake her death.”

Shirly looks at the others nervously.

“Is it possible... that Anissa administered the drug to herself? M-maybe someone switched out the butcher knife with the animatronics one, causing Anissa to... o-or they could have stabbed her while she was unconscious.”

"She tried to fake a death herself? But then someone just randomly came to kill her?"

Shirly nods.

“Or at the very least, someone wanted to fake a death. Why else the fake blood and dummy knife?”

"I do not think Anissa would have been capable of drugging herself, then faking the murder scene..." Kagayaki frowned. "Even if she could, the timeline of events as we know it seems unusual. The ketchup we presume was used as fake blood must have been taken before noon, and the murder weapon was taken from the meat locker before 2 at the latest, but the missing prop knife was not noticed until after the murder. If one planned to stage a death, would they not take the ketchup and fake knife at the same time?"

She gave Molly an inquisitive look. "Do you recall whether the animatronics had any missing knives while you were there?"

"...of course. Thank you for reminding me, the ketchup was gone by noon. And remember the state of Anissa's body?"

JesusMonroe wrote:
Her clothes and skin were stained red

"Yes... that means the ketchup was put on, after she was put to sleep. So then, did the killer cover her in red to hide something? The cause of death was definitely the knife, we have the Monokuma file to confirm that."

Shirly turns to Monokuma and Monoroomba.

"If you don't mind, could you bring Anissa's body here? Preferably with a bottle of water, to wash that ketchup off. Oh... and please be gentle."

"I mind," Kagayaki objected darkly. "There is nothing to gain by dragging poor Anissa's body in here. What would washing her off prove?"

She tilted her head. "...If the plants in the garden were administered as a sleeping agent, the one who did so would have to know they were capable of such. Who would have been familiar enough with their use?"

Lone wrote:
"If you don't mind, could you bring Anissa's body here? Preferably with a bottle of water, to wash that ketchup off. Oh... and please be gentle."

Monokuma snapped the gavel he had in his paws in half. "Puhuhuhuhuuuuuuu! Noooooooooope! Not going to disrespect the dead etcetera etcetera... Haven't we had this conversation before?"

He grabbed a spare gavel from beneath his podium and took out a white, curly-haired wig up with it. "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, we had this down here the whole time?!? Why didn't I use this for all the other trials?"

He donned the wig. "Better late than never!"

"Can... can we check everyone's hands then? In case they got some ketchup or any cuts on them."

[put something witty here]

"I think either of those being found would have turned up during our last search," Molly sighs. "We're usually pretty thorough with these."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
She gave Molly an inquisitive look. "Do you recall whether the animatronics had any missing knives while you were there?"

"Oh? I'm... pretty sure all the props were still there when Lyla and I were hanging around earlier. Not sure when it could have gone missing between then and the murder..."

[You can interpret the time of death in the Monokuma file as time of stabbing]

"Perhaps we should go over what we know and our assumptions thus far," Kagayaki suggested.

"Anissa was discovered in the camera room around 3:45 this afternoon. According to the Monokuma File, she could have received her fatal wound, at most, ten minutes before we found her; in other words, during the time we all split up to search for her.

"Lyla noticed the murder weapon, the butcher knife, missing from the meat locker at approximately 2 PM. This implies the killer had planned to murder Anissa since at least this time.

"There is a very high chance someone had initially staged Anissa's death. The missing ketchup could be explained by the 'strange' blood we discovered, there was a fake knife taken from the animatronics room, and some of the plants from the garden may have been used to drug Anissa herself.

"If Anissa had intented to fake her death, I do not see why she would have needed to ingest the plants to do so. Therefore, it seems more likely the staged murder would have been set up by someone else.

"...However, I am not certain why the killer would have faked the murder. They would have had the real knife at this time, so what would be the point in putting forth the effort to stage Anissa's death, only to have to return later to kill her?

Kagayaki bit her lip. "Is it possible there is a third party involved? The victim herself, someone who only intended to make it seem as if Anissa had been slain, and the true killer, who discovered Anissa sleeping in the camera room before the rest of us?"

"...Would the camera have recorded the murder?"

"But faking her death? That wouldn't accomplish anything...it's not like we can hold a trial for someone who didn't die..."

Akio ears perked at Kagayaki's suggestion. "Ah! I have a great idea! Maybe the camera recorded something!"

Sock

"Would we even be able to check the cameras..?" Silas shrugs.

"And I'm not so sure about a third party.. Were two people planning to kill Anissa all along? After everything.."

"I would be very surprised if we were allowed to see the footage from the camera..." Kagayaki frowned. "However, if it were running during either the staged or real murder... would that not mean the world witnessed it?"

"Is that why then? They wanted to show Anissa being killed on camera... so they prepared the fake knife and the ketchup... that is messed up."

"I can think of little other reason why the murder would have taken place in the camera room specifically, though I am not sure what purpose it would serve..."

Kagayaki looked to the roomba. "Were we not previously told only one person would be allowed in the camera room at a time, though?"

"We should ask."

Shirly beckoned to Monokuma.

"What would happen if someone else entered the camera room when someone else was in it?"

"IT'S ONLY NOT ALLOWED IF SOMEONE IS CONFESSING. OTHERWISE IT'S FINE."

The Roomba also lets you check the camera footage. Seems like it hasn't been on for some time and there's nothing related to the murder on it

"Anyways, when did the killer take the ketchup anyways..? I was in there since noon, and the only one who came in between then was Kagayaki."

Kagayaki blinked. "...If the ketchup was gone by the time you entered the kitchen, it would have had to be taken before that time, would it not? None of us seem to have alibis for the morning, though, so it could have been any of us."

Sock

"That doesn't really get us anywhere, does it?" Silas sighs.

"So, if Anissa, at most, could only have died 10 minutes before we got to her.. But she was drugged. I can't think what that could accomplish. What'd be the point in drugging her..?"

"...My earlier theory has a flaw," Kagayaki spoke up again. "Namely, the possibility that a third person could have engineered the staged murder. I have thought it over and see no reason for a person not directly related to the murder to perform such a stunt; in addition, no one has stepped forward and admitted to having done so. Therefore, I do not believe there was a third party. Permit me to retract my steps a bit and try again."

She took a deep breath before speaking.

"I still do not believe it possible for Anissa to falsify her own death, nor would it serve her any purpose. Thus, if the victim did not set up the fake death, it could only have been done by the killer.

"Why would the killer bother to do such a thing? I had entertained the thought that perhaps they would be sending some sort of message to the outside world or the ones who sent us here, due to the location of the 'crime.' However, as we now know, the camera was not used at all today, so the scene was not meant to be seen by those not on the island. This, of course, means that the six of us were meant to see this staged murder.

"So why, if we were meant to see it, was it set up in the camera room? Moreover, why stage the murder at all when a simple examination of Anissa's body would show she was not dead? Both of these questions can be answered if you assume one thing: Anissa had not yet been fatally wounded when we first discovered her.

"Recall how I advised you all not to confess last night? There is no other reason to go to the camera room; hence, if Anissa were hidden away there, it would be very unlikely for anyone to stumble upon her until the killer wanted us to see her. When we first entered the camera room, we had assumed she had been stabbed earlier, but what if the knife we saw sticking into her was the missing prop knife?

"The fact that the murder scene was staged would be easy to ascertain, as I mentioned... unless the killer switched the fake knife for the real one upon entering the room. By making us believe Anissa had been killed earlier than she actually had been, the killer would be giving themselves an alibi."

Kagayaki finally sighed heavily and lowered her head. "As we do not yet have proof as to where the prop knife has gone, this is merely a hypothesis. However, if it were true, there is only one person who could have committed this murder..."

Sock

"....."

Silas rubs the back of his head.

"Whoa there, pretty impressive train of thought. But, just what are you getting at, Kagayaki...?"

"...Are you truly going to make me say it?" Kagayaki responded softly, not raising her eyes.

"W-Wow... You really sound like you figured it out!"

Molly's eyes glisten in admiration.

"But don't keep us waiting, then! Who's this killer?"

Sock

"...If you'd rather not then that's fine. It's been a whole year since we've done this after all. Makes sense you're not used to it anymore." Silas lets out a breath and crosses his arms. "It's not like there are any holes in your logic either..."

Kagayaki bit her lip. "As I have said, it is only a theory at this point. I do not wish to accuse anyone with no solid evidence... h-however, hypothetically, if it were correct, the killer would be... the first one to enter the camera room..."

"And that person... wait, that'd be Silas! The first one running to Anissa's side... That's what you're saying?!"

Molly glances between Silas and Kagayaki with an incredulous look on her face.

"B-But that doesn't make sense! Why would he want to shrink his harem..?"

"Can you be serious about anything? Ugh... But that does add up. If she was stabbed in the heart, then I guess there'd be no other time to kill her than right when we arrived..."

"W-What?! I am being serious! S-Silas was the one being all laid back and stuff! And he killed Anissa..? That doesn't sound at all like him!"

"Akio?" Kagayaki asked, apparently choosing to ignore the 'harem' comment in her benevolence. "You investigated the garden with Silas, correct? Was there any point at which he was not in your sight?"

"Well, I didn't notice him doing anything crazy, if that's what you're asking."

Sock

"....So, say I am the killer. How did I kill Anissa? Was there not already a knife in her when we walked in?"

"If Kagayaki is saying what I think she's saying, your long uncomfortable hug gives you enough time to swap a fake knife with a real one, right? Anissa coughed up blood after your little embrace too..."

"But he'd have to dump the prop knife somewhere afterwards, right? It's not on him right now, so he'd have to drop it while the two of you were in the garden."

"Molly is correct, which is why I am asking if you believe he had an opportunity to discard the prop knife somewhere, Akio." Kagayaki folded her arms. "In the scenario I described, Silas would have had to take the prop knife from Anissa... but we were all searched and he had no such thing on his person. If he did not have a way to get rid of it, that would mean he never had the knife in the first place."

Sock

"Can't really deny that, can I?" Silas shrugs at Akio's remark. "It... Probably goes without saying, but there's no way I'm the killer. No knife in the garden, no knife on me. Fake or real."

"S-Sorry...I mean, I didn't see him discard the prop knife or anything, but I guess it's possible he could have done it behind my back..."
Page 93 of 98 [ 3882 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 98  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus