Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 5 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Q&A PhaseTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

"3 SP? What's that stand for?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Leeloo raises an eyebrow at the odd... thing.

"I feel like I recognize you... what is a game character doing here?" She asks the worm. She then decides to press the buttons on the sides of the bracelet.

Happy Maria

Datamatt wrote:
Leeloo raises an eyebrow at the odd... thing.

"I feel like I recognize you... what is a game character doing here?" She asks the worm. She then decides to press the buttons on the sides of the bracelet.

"Well, hey there! Never thought I'd see a fan here. Yep, it's me! But now times are rough, and I'm hosting this game instead. How's it going, er…"

"What was your name again? Lilo? Lela? Lolly?"

"Yeah, Lolly. How's it going?"

Pierre wrote:
"3 SP? What's that stand for?"

"No no no! It's 3 "SC"! Get it right!"

"These are your sort of points you need to escape! They're called Skedaddling Currency, or SC for short."

"You see that exit door over there? It needs 9 SCs to open at the moment. But you all should only have 3 SCs, yeah? Well, don't worry! I'll tell you hoe to get more later, but you have to use them to escape. Once you do, they're gone forever!"

"The exit door's something else as well. It can only be opened once per round, so be careful about that!"

Leeloo nods. "And what's the minimum amount of... SCs, we can have? Would we be stuck here forever if we reached, say, negative five SCs? Can they even go into the negatives?"

Happy Maria

"Good question! There isn't any upper limit to the number of SCs you can have, but the lower limit is 1. So the least you can have is 1 SC!"

"Oh, and another thing! If you happen to go below 1 SC, you'll be penalised! I should probably explain how the penalty system works."

"Inside your bracelets are some needles. If you break the rules of this game or reach 0 or less SC, the needles will pierce your skin twice! The first is with this anaesthetic. It's called Soporil γ, and it's quite strong. It can knock you out in about a minute or so! And then comes the second one! It's a pretty potent poison that'll kill you within minutes. Nothing serious, right?"

The players definitely do not seem to think the same.

"Oh, come on now! It's potent, sure, but you'll be asleep when you die! It isn't that bad. No need to be such weenies about it!"

"But yeah, that's what happens. So I recommend staying positive, both in SCs and in attitude if you want to make it out!", the Bookworm remarks cheerily without missing a beat.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

(Whoops, double posted.)

"You mentioned a quest for something called... I believe it was... 'AB'?" asked Quarter. "What is 'AB', and who is questing for it? And Why?"

She began to tighten her grip on her cane.

Happy Maria

"Oh, that. Yeah, I'll get to that after we clarify everything else. It has to do with how you earn SCs, so I'd like to save that for dessert."

"Any other questions? We still have a lot to cover."

Gettin' Old!

Trix gritted his teeth clearly unhappy at the turn of events. "You think that's funny? Dying peacefully doesn't make dying any easier! Why don't you just get to the point already?! What do you want us to do?!" He yelled tired of the worm's games.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

"Theeerrrreee we go. That's more like it."

The Bookworm seems strangely unperturbed.

"You all should have a look at the displays on the doors again. It'd be helpful."

The players go take a look. The displays all seem activated now.

The Exit Door's display reads "You must have at least 9 SC to enter this door."

The Cleanliness door's display reads "You must have less than 3 SC to enter this door."

Conversely, the Unhealthy door's reads " You must have more than 3 SC to enter this door."

Finally, the Rest door's is "You must have an even number of SC to enter this door."

The players come back to their respective places.

"Does that make everything clear? If not, I'll explain."

"Your SCs are all needed to open these doors. Right after you gain or lose your SCs, you enter these doors and go further into the facility. Not doing so is a penalty, and so is not having the correct requirements for each door. You've all got to split up, but you'll be back anyhow. And that's what will be coming up next! As long as you abide by these rules, you won't have to die. Or having a non-positive number of SCs, I guess."

"Any other doubts about this?"

Gettin' Old!

Trix narrowed his eyes "What does SC even stand for anyway? How do we get more of them?"

He checked his bracelet one more time "Do we all start with 3SC? None of us could really go through any of the doors right now if that was the case. Not very fair to get penalised when I'd never be able to go through the door."

Having a sudden flash of recollection from earlier Trix added "And what do the serial killer and the missing baby from those news articles have to do with this?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Ben seemed to be lost in thought, not even too shocked by their bizarre captor. He just stared at the floor and processed what he was hearing and seeing. The Bookworm's most recent comment seemed to elicit a comment from him, however.

"If we've all got 3 SCs, we can't open any of the doors at the moment." He stated blandly. "Sounds like this 'AB' thing is relevant now." He paused as usual, but his blank expression seemed to be more intense than before and he considered his next words even more carefully. "Why're we even playing this game in the first place?"

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Trix narrowed his eyes "What does SC even stand for anyway? How do we get more of them?"

He checked his bracelet one more time "Do we all start with 3SC? None of us could really go through any of the doors right now if that was the case. Not very fair to get penalised when I'd never be able to go through the door."

Having a sudden flash of recollection from earlier Trix added "And what do the serial killer and the missing baby from those news articles have to do with this?"

"Geez, weren't you paying attention, Trixie? They stand for Skedaddling points, and I'll tell you how you earn them after you ask everything else! And yeah, you all should have 3 SCs, but you'll earn them first before going through the doors! You think I didn't think this through?!"

"Serial Killer? Baby snatcher? I dunno, maybe you'll figure that out later on."

KamiPanda wrote:
"If we've all got 3 SCs, we can't open any of the doors at the moment." He stated blandly. "Sounds like this 'AB' thing is relevant now." He paused as usual, but his blank expression seemed to be more intense than before and he considered his next words even more carefully. "Why're we even playing this game in the first place?"

"Geez, another one?! I'll discuss AB in a moment, fine! Just let everyone ask their miscellaneous questions and I'll get there! Jeez."

"And if you wanna know why you're here, don't ask me! Ask the people who made this game! They're right here, after all!"

This comment shocks the players deeply. They look at each other suspiciously.

"Nah, I ain't kidding. The people who made this whole thing happen are indeed among you! You sure you can trust each other now or what?"

He strategically moves on to another subject.

"Oh yeah! Most of you guys don't remember being brought here, right? Well, there's a pretty simple explanation for that. Your memories were altered heavily."

"Sorry, but it was necessary! If some of you had your memories back, this game would be going another's way entirely! We can't risk that, can we?"

"…One of you hasn't lost your memories though. We wanted them to remember the crimes they committed, after all. So that they get what's coming to themmmm!"

Southern Corn wrote:

"Geez, weren't you paying attention, Trixie? They stand for Skedaddling points, and I'll tell you how you earn them after you ask everything else! And yeah, you all should have 3 SCs, but you'll earn them first before going through the doors! You think I didn't think this through?!"

Quarter cleared her throat, as if questioning whether she really should speak. "I can't believe I'm in a situation where I have to utter this phrase, but life is somewhat stranger than I would have wanted. I think you called them 'Skedaddling Currency' before. So... 'SC'."

"At any rate, you purport to benevolently let us know that the people who have done this are among us, in this room. Do you have any proof of this? Can you be talked into stopping this game by this group of people?"

ASCEND

"Y- Yeah!" Sette adds, sounding nervous. "A- And there's no way anyone here would be insane enough to set up this w- weird video game bookworm thing to run the game, right?"
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

"Y'd need the expertise for it. I sure couldn't program an evil worm." Ben agreed. "Takes a lot of computer knowledge, that does."

Gettin' Old!

Trix mused the new information over in his head. "Well...did you alter the memories of the people who set this up so they wouldn't know they set it up?" He paused looking at the worm. "That way people might not even know" he said.

He shrugged "Anyway something else seems off." He looked over at Abbot "Hey Abbot, you were the only one who remembered being kidnapped. Do you think that means your memories are fine and that you are the guy it's talking about?" He asked curiously.

Glancing at Ben Trix nodded in agreement "Yeah definitely to make an AI like this. Maybe if the worm was just being controlled by someone it wouldn't be such a big deal but if it's an AI you'd need some real resources."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"Y'd need to be a software developer at the very least." Ben mused, staring back at Trix.

Gettin' Old!

Trix nodded in agreement mulling over the size of the problem "Yeah...maybe with enough time I could make something like this..." He confirmed for Ben "assuming you are an AI right?" He asked the worm.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

MechaQDogg wrote:
"At any rate, you purport to benevolently let us know that the people who have done this are among us, in this room. Do you have any proof of this? Can you be talked into stopping this game by this group of people?"

"Me?! Stop? Of course not! I've got a duty and I have to do it! The only ones who could stop me anyway are the people who made this game!"

"This mastermind and their cohorts- let's call them Zero and Sub-Zeros (assuming there's more than one, anyway)- obviously prepared this game with the intent to see it all the way through, though, so they won't be stoppin' me anytime soon."

Hearing the talk about who programmed him, the Bookworm decides to speak up again.

"Well, you guys are right in that I am special! I'm not just any artificial intelligence, I'm also the facilitator of this game. Zero and the Sub-Zeros all left that to me, so they could participate as well. So I'm in control of pretttty much the entire facility. That's how the pods even opened, after all!"

Gettin' Old!

"Hmm maybe if I find out what terminal it runs from, then perhaps I could get a look at its code and just deprogram it and make it open the doors for us?" He suggested to the group.

"Still you never answered my question about the memories of this 'Zero' and their associated" Trix judged the worm.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
"Hmm maybe if I find out what terminal it runs from, then perhaps I could get a look at its code and just deprogram it and make it open the doors for us?" He suggested to the group.

"Ha! Good luck with that! You think I'm not prepared for that?! You'd have to access my source code to do that, anyhow, and the source code is stored in the quantum computer, which is completely inaccessible to you! So there!"

Quote:
"Still you never answered my question about the memories of this 'Zero' and their associated" Trix judged the worm.

"Uhh, do I have to? All I've said is that only one person has their full memory intact. You can try and figure out what I mean from there. I certainly won't be cluing you in more, though. The hints you have are more than enough."

Sock

After a long period of calming herself down, Gemini manages to speak up to ask a question.

"Wh-what if we get hungry or thirsty or need to use the restroom.." she nervously asks. "It's a bit of a weird subject, but considering that we're at 3 SC now, and we need 9, we might be here for a while.."

Last edited by Kachu on Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Kachu wrote:
After a long period of calming herself down, Gemini manages to speak up to ask a question.

"Wh-what if we get hungry or thirsty or need to use the restroom.." she nervously asks. "It's a bit of a weird subject, but considering that we're at 3 SC now, and we need 9, we might be here for a while.."

"Nah, you don't need to worry about those. Zero and the Sub-Zeros are kind to you, so they've provided the required facilities inside this place. Good luck getting there, though!"

Soon, the players start growing restless. It's clear they're only waiting on the Bookworm to explain how to obtain SCs.

"Alright, alright. I know you guys are all waiting to find out how to get SCs, so I'll explain. You have to participate in a game..."

"The AB Game!"

"Well, it's more of a minigame, but you know, whatever."

"So let me go over things. You basically vote against multiple players to secure SC. You have two options, to ally and betray. To make things more understandable, let's take two players. Call them Player A and Player B. So they have two options, to ally or betray. They have no other choice, after all. Sitting out on the vote results in a penalty, so they can't abstain. So let's see the options."

"Option A- both Player A and B are super best buddies, so they both choose ally and equally benefit! They gain 2 SCs each in the process. This is pretty ideal!"

"Option B- Player A allies, but suddenly Player B behaves boorishly and betrays because he's a bully! So player A loses two SCs, while Player B gains three. What a loser, right?!"

"Option C- Player A betrays Player B, who allies! Here, it's the reverse- Player A gains 3 SCs and Player B loses 2! Serves him right, that weenie!"

"And Option D- both players betray each other! This one totally sucks. They both lose 1 SC each. Terrible, right?"

"And that's all the choices they have, to make it clear! Here's a diagram to help you understand it better."

The Bookworm temporarily disappears from the screen, and a neat diagram replaces it, summarising what he's said so far.

After a minute, the diagram fades, the Bookworm returning again.

"See? Simple, right? So now imagine three or more players. It's...kind of the same, really, just with more people. So if everyone involved allies, they all each gain 2 SCs, if everyone betrays, they all lose 1 SC each. And if some people betray while others ally, the people who ally will lose 2 SCs while the betrayers will gain 3! All wrapped up neat and tightly?", he asks the players. "Lemme know when you've figured it out, then we'll have our first round to demonstrate how things go."

Pierre wrote:
Trix mused the new information over in his head. "Well...did you alter the memories of the people who set this up so they wouldn't know they set it up?" He paused looking at the worm. "That way people might not even know" he said.

He shrugged "Anyway something else seems off." He looked over at Abbot "Hey Abbot, you were the only one who remembered being kidnapped. Do you think that means your memories are fine and that you are the guy it's talking about?" He asked curiously.

Glancing at Ben Trix nodded in agreement "Yeah definitely to make an AI like this. Maybe if the worm was just being controlled by someone it wouldn't be such a big deal but if it's an AI you'd need some real resources."

Abbot held his hands up defensively. "I never said I remember being kidnapped!" he answered quickly. "I said my last memories are from the morning, and that I assume I was kidnapped that day as I don't remember anything after that. I was heading out to go to class and then I have no further memories before waking up here. Sette said that he thinks he saw who kidnapped us - perhaps you are thinking of him."

"Mr. uh, Bookworm," Abbot began, redirecting his attention to the creature on the screen, "since you mention a Zero and Sub-Zeroes, are they the ones who kidnapped us?"

Abbot listened carefully as Bookworm explained the rules of the game.

"Then we all must ally," he said decisively, nodding in affirmation. "We must work together to get out. To punish some to get a single point ahead, and risk losing SC in the process...we must not!"

Gettin' Old!

Trix snapped his fingers in realisation "Yeah you are right, sorry about that maybe it was Settle who remembers things then." He said apologising to Abbot.

"With the AB game though we just need to keep allying and we can all leave at once though right?" Trix wondered aloud.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"If only..." Ben muttered morosely. "If Jim 'ere is telling the truth, Zero and pals are here too, an' they can vote to Betray whenever they feel like, I reckon. Might not make it such a safe bet."

Happy Maria

Quote:
"Mr. uh, Bookworm," Abbot began, redirecting his attention to the creature on the screen, "since you mention a Zero and Sub-Zeroes, are they the ones who kidnapped us?"

"Of course, Botty! Ain't that obvious? Or, well, responsible for your kidnapping, but yeah. Without them, you wouldn't be here!"

Pierre wrote:
"With the AB game though we just need to keep allying and we can all leave at once though right?" Trix wondered aloud.

"Sure, you could keep doing that. But you think everyone will let you do that? Your captors may have started regaining their memory if they've lost it by now. You never know what they might do to keep you in check!"

"...Plus, your rounds are limited. You may lose your chance if you do this, and get trapped here forever!"

"Also, why Jim?", he asked Ben out of curiosity.

Shy guy

"Earthworm Jim." Ben replied, looking vaguely in the direction of the Bookworm's monitor. "Shorter than your full name, yeah?"

After blankly considering their options, he spoke up again. "Weird idea, but, might be best if we mix our votes anyway. With some As and some Bs, we'll be able to cover all three doors. 1 less than 3, 6 more than 3, 6 even." He contemplating the matter some more, before adding "Don't mind being a 1 myself. Not used to handling large amounts of currency anyway."

Gettin' Old!

Trix shook his head profusely "Nah that seems too risky. If this Zero and their crew are out to get us it'd be giving them a free pass to betray without suspicion and consequence." He looked at the various doors "All they'd have to do is be on the betraying side this time and then get to betray next time and they'd be home free."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

"Jim?! That idiot who uses his head as a whip?! Do I look so dumb to you, Big Ben?!

"Though I should tell you, if after a round of the AB Game, the SCs don't all match up with the door requirements, I can just as well alter them to fit the SCs. So don't use that as an excuse or whatever when you're caught."

Abbot looked at the other players seriously, studying their features. "Some of you...brought us here."

"Mr. Bookworm, is it possible that the person with their memories is not one of the kidnappers?"

hi

"We'll have to go about this carefully then." K-9 pauses, deep in thought. "Give me a second. I'll come up with something."

Happy Maria

SiRReN wrote:
Abbot looked at the other players seriously, studying their features. "Some of you...brought us here."

"Mr. Bookworm, is it possible that the person with their memories is not one of the kidnappers?"

"Yup, technically the possibility exists. Though that person was chosen for a...specific reason."

Leeloo frowns at the bookworm's words, fiddling with the sleeve of her labcoat. "I... What even is the point of this game? This makes no sense..."

Happy Maria

Datamatt wrote:
Leeloo frowns at the bookworm's words, fiddling with the sleeve of her labcoat. "I... What even is the point of this game? This makes no sense..."

"You'll find out soon enough! Heeheeheeheeheehee!"

"Oh, oh, oh! By the way, forgot to mention this. You can also take someone else through the exit door with you! But only one person, and they also have to have at least 9 SC as well. So have fun! Shall I start the first round, then? Oooh, I'm so excited!"

Shy guy

"I 'unno, sounding more and more like betrayal is a fool's game." Ben commented. "Seems the choice is pretty clear this round at least." Another pause. " 'sides, if someone does betray despite us all agreeing not to, we'll learn something of use. Even if the votes is private."

"Are we told how everyone votes?" Abbot asked. "I assumed we would, but Ben has me wondering."

Happy Maria

SiRReN wrote:
"Are we told how everyone votes?" Abbot asked. "I assumed we would, but Ben has me wondering."

"Nah. Who has time for that? You all show each other if you want, but I ain't gonna be bothered."
Page 5 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus