Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 21 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Final Discussion PhaseTopic%20Title

Shy guy

"We should prob'ly check out Claudia's video, too." Ben suggested. "Along with a video on this whole facility if they've got one. Never did get an answer fer why all the notes we found didn't line up with my research."

Happy Maria

Ben presses the video labelled "Player 4".

"Player 4...myself. My history is...complicated, to say the least. My mother died during childbirth, and my father was busy with work. He was an SOIS Agent- that's "Special Office of Internal Security". This meant that he was on the field 24/7, investigating potentially disruptive or dangerous elements, such as domestic or foreign terrorists, radical political splinter groups, and religious organizations with extreme agendas that could pose a threat to the state or the citizenry. It's publicly known now, but back when I was a child, few even knew about their existence. But he was too busy to properly care for me, and I had to live with my aunt and her son. One day, we received the unfortunate news that my father had been killed- shot by a gangster in the line of duty. I was ten at the time, and this affected me quite deeply. I hated gangsters and lowlifes of all kind, even counting common thieves and pickpockets. Somewhat ironic now, considering that I've essentially become one to achieve my goal. But back then, I was angry and brooding.

When he died, it was found that my father left an inheritance for me. A good sum of money was included in that inheritance- his job was well paying. In fact, the money you see inside the box includes that money. That was not all, however- he had also left some top secret SOIS files with me. One of them included a file on the previous Nonary Games, which was dated to 2047. I'm not sure if there have been any other Nonary Games between then and now, but for reference, I can quote the entirety of the document, which was hidden in the Laundry Room:

"Many years ago, in 2012, there was an incident in the Nevada Desert. We found several bodies in the desert and one deranged AI that had been based on a survivor in a bunker not far from the bodies. This was the first Nonary game we knew about. After that, copycats began to spring up. Once this was all made public, other people began to use them for their own ends. A commonality between these games is that a trend developed where they would create and utilise artificial intelligences to run their games. They served a purpose- to host the game- but SOIS caught on to this. We knew with the number of 'Zeros' out there increasing that finding them would be difficult as they often had a substantial amount of power with which to organise these games in secret. As such SOIS programmed an A.I. themselves...put it on the internet as bait to catch a Zero. The JUDGE- Justice-Understanding-Dangerous-Game-Expert- which has a backdoor in its software allowing us to determine the location of these Nonary Games. Thankfully, it seems that these life or death "Nonary Games" have come to a stop. There have not been any such reports of these games since around 2047."

This JUDGE software, unfortunately for the SOIS, is quite outdated nowadays, which is why they weren't able to track this game down. Still, this is where I got the idea to host such a game years from then, though obviously for more altruistic purposes", she says quite calmly. "Anyway, when I went into high school, I decided to pursue quite an...interesting branch- parapsychology. My friend Ellie was quite supportive of me- she was studying to be a doctor at the time. It was then that my esper abilities surfaced. I was harassed quite a lot then and took self defence classes to support myself.It took a while, but I finally obtained my PhD. After that, I spent even more time working under an idiotic paranormal investigator, and though it was well paying, I felt it to be tiring and foolish. So I quit and used my inheritance to buy myself a base in the Antarctic, secluded from humanity. I didn't realise then that it was a former WWII base, but it didn't matter to me. I kept in touch with my good friend Ellie through the famous chat service 'Discard'- she was working in a medical university now. I continued my research on morphogenetics for years altogether. I didn't make much progress, and that's when it occurred. The incident which put my Annabelle into that coma. I had to strive harder than ever to make things right again. Then Enia came in- I had requested her as an assistant from Ellie. That's when the idea struck me to host the Nonary Game, and I co-hosted it with Enia. Doing some research into your lives was exceedingly simple, much more than I'd expected. And now...here we are. Perhaps you all may never forgive me for what you've done, but I do not regret a single thing. If Harold is still alive, feel free to take me into custody. I don't much mind at this point."

The recording ends there.

There's another video called "The Base". Ben clicks on it as well.

"The Antarctic base..."

Claudia talks about what they've already heard from Abbot's video for a while till...

"But while the staff in the facility were silenced, one soldier managed to escape. His name was Lukas- Lukas Reinhardt. He took a sample of the ice-9 the researchers were using and escaped. He wasn't a spy, however. He never murdered anyone either- the entire incident in the Rest room was more of a work of fiction concocted by me to make you solve a mystery to achieve an epiphany. But in the end, what happened to the ice-9? It wasn't in the Pantry, and it isn't in the box, so what happened to it? Using my SOIS connections, I was able to contact the chief, one Mr. Paul McCarthy. The name may ring a bell to some of you, which is because his son, Charlie, became a software engineer and co-founded 'Discard' with Jacob Regnier. Anyway, it turned out he was great-grandfather had been one of the Allies to silence the researchers, and it turned out the ice-9 had actually been kept in a secret base in Nevada. Unfortunately, that location had been bombed several years back during a terrorist attack and all the samples were lost. Nobody knew what happened to them. As for the sample Lukas Reinhardt had taken? He survived after he came back, but only barey. His plane crashed and he flew out just barely making it. The ice-9 sample was lost in that crash. This part he never told his descendants, nor was it easily researchable by any means. It had landed in a nearby military base in South America, and they wished to keep the plane crash a secret and covered it up, even threatening Reinhardt himself to keep it a secret. And thus, his descendants never truly knew what had happened to the ice-9. In fact, none of us shall ever know. The treasures of the base are mine, since this is my base, but the ice-9 shall never be recovered again. This is the cold, hard truth. Of course, I only stumbled upon it later, completely free of any signs of its past. Even the mural had completely faded. But when I found out, I realised it was the perfect candidate for the facility of this Nonary Game."

The video ends there.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Happy Maria

[Dang it, double post.]
Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: FinaleTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

The players all look at each other. They're done. They've had enough. They're all ready to leave. Ben and Sette both start carrying the box.

"B-but what about me?", the little girl asks, still confused on what's going on.

"I'll take you back", K-9 says, offering her a hand. "We'll find you a new home, alright?"

She looks at the detective reluctantly...then accepts his hand. "And you", K-9 barks to Leeloo. "You're coming with me. You're having a new home too- prison!" He drags her along as well. The crew opens the exit door, and proceeds through. On the other side is another door. It seems to require a password to open, using only alphabets.

"Huh?" Ben looks at the note in his pocket. "This is all just numbers. Dammit, Claudia..."

"Wait!" Trix jumps. "Wasn't there a base change thing in that quantum computer? Gimme that, I'll check it out!" Taking the note from Ben, he runs off and comes back in a minute, a strange expression on his face.

He looks at the little girl. "She really cared for you, your grand auntie."

The other players give him a perplexed looked. He sighs and explains. "The string of numbers was actually a phrase in base-36. And, well, it was...Never mind, I'll type it out." He heads to the door and inputs a phrase into it.

ANNABELLE.

The door opens, and the players all step through. They walk to a small tunnel and come to a circular door, which opens to lead them outside. It's quite dark and cold, as it is in the Antarctic. The players all shiver, before K-9 points out near the shore. "Look! A submarine!" The players all get into the submarine, and it closes behind them. Ben and Sette put down the box, panting heavily. They can hear the submarine moving now- self driving, probably. They're setting sail now- setting sail back home, their lives changed entirely now.

It's over, now- the Nonary Game is finally over.

Plaudite.
Acta Est Fabula.

[Survivors: Trix, Leeloo, Ben, Sette, Abbot, K-9, Annabelle]
[Winners: Trix, Quarter, Ben, Sette, Abbot]

[The game has ended! All players please proceed to the post-game thread here.]

Happy Maria

Trix/Leeloo

"Ms. Hart? You've got a visitor."

Enia sighed and looked up at the guard. "I'm coming." She got up from her cell and was accompanied by the guard to the visitor's room. As she sat down, she immediately recognised her visitor.

"Father? Why are you here?"

"Why wouldn't I be? You're my girl after all, Enia. I wouldn't lose contact with you." Jacob grimaced. "Especially after we finally regained contact after…literally since you were born."

"It…has been a long time, hasn't it?" Enia shook her head. "Still, I am a criminal now, so I'm quite surprised you're not angry at me or something. You even tried to rescue me after the submarine resurfaced", she said, recalling the incident. "Both Ben and Sette had to combine forces to restrain you, and even then only barely."

"I couldn't stay angry at you for too long, Enia. You're…your mother's splitting image." Jacob sniffled. "Whether you kidnapped us or not, that was all because of that loon Quarter."

"I'm…glad you think so. At least I have one good father."

"Oh? Sette visit you recently?" Jacob frowned. "Hope he didn't try and do any funny business."

"He did, though it's not like I even bothered talking with him further. I have nothing more to say to that man at this point, after what he did to me and you." Enia looked away, scowling.

"Uh huh. Stole you from us at birth, ruined my marriage, even made you see that dumb emoticon movie." Jacob suddenly chuckled. "Seriously, why did you even like that dumb thing?"

"O-oh? Well, I was a child at the time, so it's not like I really knew about what makes a good film and such." Enia blushed awkwardly. "Though actually, that wasn't the only film he brought home that day. There was another."

"Oh? What was it?"

"Well, let's just say it had something to do with my codename."

"Ah, so that's how you saw that movie." Jacob nodded. "That's good, at least he gave you a good movie to go along with that trash. Though he's still not someone I can trust. Nor Ben and K-9, really."

"Trust?" Enia raised her eyebrow.

"Well, in a sense. I'm talking about Jennifer. You're the only player I don't suspect in her murder, actually."

"H-huh?" Enia appeared rather taken aback. "But her death was because she didn't vote-"

"As if!" Jacob slammed his fist on the table angrily. "You think your mom would forget to vote just like that? She wasn't an idiot…someone had sabotaged her. It was foul play!"

"But then, who could've done it? And how?"

"I didn't do it, obviously. You couldn't have either- you were cuffed, and had nothing on you when I searched you. Jennifer wouldn't have killed herself on purpose, either. So that just leaves K-9, Ben, and Sette. And they're all mighty suspicious, if you ask me. As for how they did it, that's simple. Unity had a syringe gun filled with that damn anaesthetic on her when I searched her earlier. I emptied it, but repeat items in the game wouldn't be out of the question. One of them musta used it on her beforehand", Jacob snarled.

"I…see." Enia nodded sadly. "I do remember putting a syringe of soporil in the infirmary, though I believe Quarter took that. Maybe she placed another in a later room without my knowing", she contemplated. "Still, it's hard to believe that one of them killed her…and got away with it too."

Jacob snapped his fingers. "Oh, they won't get away with it now. You can help easily, and I'll make sure you do."

"You will? But how?"

"Well, seems my buddy Charlie has ties to SOIS according to Quarter. Using that plus the substantial treasure Quarter left us, we might be able to track their movements, even get something on them. The killer wanted their crime to be hidden and all."

"Yes, but what about me?"

Jacob laughed forebodingly. "Oh, don't worry. I think I've got something up my sleeve for now. We'll be reunited soon. We'll both work together on catching her murderer, alright?"

"O-of course." Enia readjusted her glasses thoughtfully. "Please…get back to me on this soon, alright?"

"Of course." Jacob got up from his seat, Enia following. It's clear they were done. As Jacob left, several thoughts muddled his brain- all of them involving vengeance. Maybe he wouldn't be able to finish them all off, but now that everyone was separated, he finally had all the time in the world to plot his revenge.

And nobody would stop him.

Trix/Leeloo~ END

Last edited by Southern Corn on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Happy Maria

Ben/Sette

It had been some time since the Nonary Game had ended, and Edwin had adjusted to his new life. The money he took from the box was enough to net him his own little flat, a new wardrobe and even a proper job! At the very least, he was in a better place than he was before. Still, a part of him was unsatisfied. After he thought he finally was going to obtain the ice-9, it turned out that it had been entirely wiped off from the earth. It was all just a waste of time. A waste of almost half his life. In the end, it truly was just an unobtainable treasure. Still, this wasn't the time to be so gloomy. Today was Christmas, after all, and he was expecting a certain visitor today to exchange presents with.

Ding dong!

Ah, there he was. Edwin got up and opened the door, a grin on his face.

"Hey, Ed! Been a while, old friend!" Robin grinned. His clothes appeared to be slightly newer, though he still wore the locket around his neck.

"Missed ya too, Robin." Edwin patted him on the back. "Merry Christmas an' all. How've things been goin' for ya?" He asked, leading Robin to his seat.

"Oh, fine. Got myself a new job as a night watchman for this bank. Though it's, uh, kinda hard restraining myself from pinching the money for myself." Robin scratched his head awkwardly. "How's it been going for you?"

"Oh, me? Funny thing, actually. Got meself a job as a night watchman too, for this freezer warehouse nearby. It pays well enough. Got some new clothin' and everything!" He gestured to his new clothes happily.

"Yeah, really! You look almost unrecognisable in that outfit, Ed. Must be a nice gig, then. Glad to see you've got it all going for you! Though…" He looked away.

"Wassup, Robin?" Edwin raised his eyebrows. Somethin' wrong?"

"Well…you're not the first person I visited today." Robin reached to his locket and opened it. Inside it was a picture of a young girl, smiling happily.

Edwin grimaced. "Didn't go so well, I take it?"

Robin sighed sadly. "Not really. Refused to speak to me at all. Don't understand what got into her. She…she wasn't like this, you know? Claudia must've really messed her up or something."

"I still don't get it, though, Robin. Why'd you steal her from her parents in the first place?"

"…That's a question even I'm not sure of, Ed. All those years back, I just saw her all alone on that table and…I guess my instincts took over. I've always been one to pinch without thinking."

Edwin frowned. "Still, Robin, stealin' objects ain't the same as stealin' a proper human. So what gives?"

"That's…I dunno, really. I guess I didn't quite realise what I was doing. The thought that I was stealing an actual person never quite crossed my mind till I'd gotten back home. Maybe…maybe I wanted to be a father, I guess." He covered his face. "It's still so stupid, Ed! If I didn't do that!"

"Well, it don't matter anymore." Edwin shook his head. "Still, you ended up bein' a damn good father if I do say so myself."

Robin looked up. "Yeah…I guess…"

"Anyway, let's not get so melancholy now, Robin. Let's exchange our gifts, right?"

"Oh! Oh, right." Robin nodded. "Sure, let's."

"I'll start first." Edwin took out what appeared to be a block of ice.

"Huh? What's this? Ed, don't tell me you actually found-"

"Nah, this is just a dumb replica. Found this in the "ice-9" freezer in the pantry. Said I wasn't allowed to show or share this to anyone else, but since the game's over, figure I'd give this as a sorta…memento, yanno?"

"Sure, I guess." Robin took the replica. "Anyway, my turn." He took out what appeared to be a package. "Here you are."

Edwin's eyes widened. "T-this is…! Robin, you know how rare this is?! Where did you get it? You stole it for me?"

Robin smiled. "Well, this is a lil' something I bought with my own hard earned cash, actually. It was from this auction. I may have overbid by a little bit, though-"

"How much?"

"Er, about twenty five grand?"

Edwin's jaw dropped as he took another look at the package- it was the original version of Earthworm Jim. "Robin…you… You spent so much for…" He stopped talking and instead gave him a giant embrace, tears in his eyes.

"R-Robin…yer the best pal a guy could ever have, ya know that?"

Robin grinned sheepishly, returning the hug. "Hey, a guy's gotta look out for his partner after all, right?"

Ben/Sette~END

Last edited by Southern Corn on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Abbot

It had been a month since Johnny had escaped from the Nonary Game, and he still hadn't been caught. At this point, he was quite confident that he wouldn't be caught. After the submarine had finally stopped somewhere near South Carolina, he quickly escaped without being spotted. He didn't want to risk being caught, especially if the other players somehow managed to escape. Of course, he needed to do something first almost immediately- write to his mother. At this point, he didn't know how much time had passed since he was kidnapped, but he needed her to know he was alright- well, as alright as he could be. Of course, he could never get a chance to see her again, which made him quite sad, but it had to be this way. Especially with the players seeing him do the deed.

He shook his head. What was that Quarter thinking, trying to keep him inside like that? It was a fool move on her part. Perhaps she had figured out his identity? Still, trying to knock out someone like him…at her age, no less. She never stood a chance against him. But at this point, it only served to make him look suspicious to the others. If they escaped, he was pretty much endangered. And sure enough, a couple of days later, he saw that 5 other players had returned back to land in a submarine nearby in the news. He recognised all of them. Trix, Leeloo, Ben, Sette, that idiot detective K-9 and the…girl in Pod A? Wasn't she dead? And what had happened to Unity and Gemini?

Still, these questions mattered not to him. What did matter was that he was now officially a wanted man. Somehow, the players had found out his name and identity too. So he had no choice but to go into hiding, and he continued to do so for the next 4 weeks. Of course, this wouldn't be the end for him. The state of politics in the US had somehow even worsened in the time he was held captive. He needed to make things right, and there was only one way to do so- to become the Chinese Soldier yet again. He managed to reacquire his World War II uniform and his katana earlier, and now all was set. He would start killing again…he would ensure justice would be served. And nobody, including that moronic detective, would be able to catch him in the act.

This was it- his new life.

Abbot~ END

Last edited by Southern Corn on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

K-9

The Nonary Game had ended, but Harold wasn't satisfied at all. No, in his eyes, he had completely failed. He let his prey escape so easily without even lifting a finger. The Chinese Soldier was once again on the loose, and only he could stop him. It's not like the other players would readily assist him, after all. Enia was in jail for her involvement in the creation of the game, Jacob was still angry at him for letting her get arrested, and Edwin and Robin, clearly uninterested in the whole affair, had moved elsewhere and started their own lives. That only left…

"Daddy!"

Harold turned around to see her- Annabelle. "Yes?" He couldn't bring himself to put her up for adoption, so he decided to be her guardian instead.

"Daddy, why do you have that look on your face? Is it about that evil guy again?" Annabelle gave him a concerned look.

He sighed. "It's not something you would understand. I failed in my duty, and now he's on the loose. I need to catch him now. He needs to pay for what he's done to all of us…including…" He looked away, not wanting to finish the sentence.

Annabelle nodded silently. "But still…it's really taken its toll on you, Daddy. You look really worn out. I'm…worried about you. Will you be alright?"

Harold shook his head. "Not until I find him. He's started killing again, you know? Scumbags like him need to be brought to justice. And only people like me can make it happen. The entire city's police is on the lookout for him now. He won't get away with this." He looked up at the clock. "Look, it's getting late now. Tomorrow will be your first day at school after a while, right? So you need to get your eight hours." He patted her on the head affectionately. "Go to sleep, alright? Daddy's busy now."

Annabelle nodded. "Okay, Daddy. Night night." she walked out of the room, leaving him all by himself. He put his hand on his head, forlorn. In reality, Annabelle was right. From the start of his life, he wanted to be a detective to bring crimes to light, but he couldn't even succeed at such a simple thing. His very first mission of capturing and apprehending the Chinese Soldier was a failure. Now, it was devouring his life entirely. He wasn't sure if things would ever go back to normal after all this. Suddenly, he heard a familiar jingle- his ringtone. He picked up the phone.

"Detective Hawkes speaking."

"Harold? Got some good news for you, mate."

"What is it?"

"We've got a sighting of the Soldier two streets off. You might wanna come."

He grinned. "I'm on my way." He switched off the phone, and made his way out. Perhaps this would be his chance, after all.

K-9~ END
Page 21 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus