Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 96 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch4 Trial)Topic%20Title

"...I don't think that's it." Raul said after Jack explained his theory "A murder like this couldn't end up depending on something the killer didn't know would happen, given all the preparation. The culprit was either working with Kyle or didn't need the train to pull off the murder, and I honestly don't see why Kyle would work with anyone here.." He didn't bother commenting on the theory he and James were working together.
Signature loading, please wait...

"Hey!"

The sound of something falling over can be heard from behind the microphone.

"Get the heck out of here! Don't accuse me of stuff! And so what if I'm biased? All of you guys are! It's natural for me to be biased, dude! Some of you guys are nothing but trouble!"

"Whatever," he says sternly, after a pause, "I don't care what you guys think."

"The Kyle theory is questionable...mostly because we have two moderators here. If Otto knew of a broken rule, surely he wouldn't let this trial proceed as such."

"Hey, hey, hey! You don't know the rules, don't try to play lawyer!"

"Anyway, Otto and I have different jobs. I'm the brains and he's the brawn. I solve all the mysteries and prep the trial for us, and he does all the heavy lifting and fixing. That's why I'm a prestigious intern of Sky Vista Cruises, I'm like pretty smart!"

"Anyway, I don't go messing with people for no reason, so that's a big hole in the theory."

fella

"You say you don't go messing with people for no reason, but you allegedly prank called Koichi, which is messing with him for no reason..." Bryan elucidated, his arms crossed.

"Yeah, but that was funny! Why can't I prank call my buddy Koichi?! People could die, at the end of all this!"

"My feelings were quite hurt, actually..." Koichi said.

"I... I know. S-sorry."

"Anyway, jokes were had, maybe they failed or whatever, but I feel like that's pretty different from working in a conspiracy, so this seems like kind of a big leap."

Shy guy

"Um, for what it is worth, there is no option to vote for Kyle on our podiums..."

ASCEND

"Hold on, what's all this? You're saying Mr. Crawford was involved?" Otto shoots a look somewhere, perhaps toward where the nearest camera is. "Kyle, what did you do?!"
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

KamiPanda wrote:
"Um, for what it is worth, there is no option to vote for Kyle on our podiums..."

"No, but if he was an accomplice, he could have, you know, let the killer know about the train and probably even helped them get a gun."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
KamiPanda wrote:

"No, but if he was an accomplice, he could have, you know, let the killer know about the train and probably even helped them get a gun."

"Bzzt, yes, I wonder if he could have seen Ultimate Keri input the safe password with their cameras, bzzt, and passed the code on to the killer, bzzt," V.A.L. added.

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, OTTO!" Kyle blurts defensively into the microphone, causing his audio to peak.

"Stop saying stuff that makes me feel bad, you jerks! This isn't how you all should treat a friend or whatever, like I honestly feel very disrespected right now!"

"Anyway, I actually was about to clock out for the day, and me and my OTHER FRIENDS, who I like much more than all of you, were gonna do something that's REALLY FUN!"

"So yeah, go ahead and VOTE ALREADY, like the big idiots you are, and send someone to their deaths for the FOURTH time! See what I care!"

Kyle slams the receiver down.

Click

"That's right, I don't care! Stop bugging me!"

Click

"Bzzt, everyone who has been executed so far has been because they killed someone," V.A.L. said firmly, it's tone stern. "They may have been kind to some, but do not ignore that they committed murder, bzzt."

"Bzzt, you are showing more empathy for the murderers than the murdered," V.A.L accused.

Click

"SO?! The murdered are murdered! I can't DO anything for them! I guess I could enact James's dying wish to kill all of you, if that shows enough respect."

Click

"Anyway, where are we? I'd want to use a lifeline but apparently that's a bad idea? As far as I can tell we haven't even answered the gun question from the first topic." Jack spit on the ground next to him. "What have we actually solved for sure here? At the moment I don't see how it can be anyone except Raul."

ASCEND

"I must say, Mr. Crawford, you seem quite riled up..." Otto remarks, "Perhaps I should remind you that killing everyone goes strictly against the boss's protocol... though I assume you aren't being serious here and are simply having some sort of 'phase'..."

"Anyway, I believe both topics have been answered by now? Admittedly, I've lost track, and Mr. Marlowe seems to disagree with me, so I probably won't change them for the rest of the trial. Still, it's probably worth mentioning that you may vote at any time..."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Well, I'm pretty sure the only way to actually get a gun would be to know the combination to the safes. The only ones who could know that are Keri, Koichi, and I guess Kyle? But none of them could have been the shooter..." Urumi frowned. "So I don't think this is even possible without the killer having an accomplice. No points for guessing who I think it is."

Click

"Telling someone something isn't being an accomplice if there's a good enough reason! Also I'm not worked up, I'm just irritated!"

Click

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
Click

"Telling someone something isn't being an accomplice if there's a good enough reason! Also I'm not worked up, I'm just irritated!"

Click

"Bzzt, so you admit you told someone something," V.A.L. said. "What did you tell them, bzzt?"

Click

"I didn't admit anything! Quit twisting my words, bro! Anyway, until you're forced to kill three people you're never gonna understand me!"

Click

V.A.L.'s eyes dulled. "I have been forced to do things, bzzt, horrible things. With each memory card I receive I learn things about myself, bzzt, and they have not all been good, bzzt."

"Kyle, if you told the murderer something that helped them kill, bzzt, we need you to tell us," the robot implored.

Click

"Well there you go, including you, over half the people in this room have done or have almost done horrible things, V.A.L., and the line between the people I've had to kill and the rest of you... It's only getting thinner."

Kyle sighs with exasperation.

"Anyway, don't boss me around, V.A.L.! I thought you would be sensitive to a service worker like myself, but I guess not! I hope I don't have to deal with this when I'm a pilot!"

"Bzzt, I feel for the position you are in," V.A.L. said, "but you are going to have to kill one of us again no matter what, bzzt," it continued emotionlessly. "It is what it is, bzzt. Someone was murdered, so one of us must die. And if you do not help us out the murderer, bzzt, then an innocent, someone who has not done wrong, bzzt, could potentially be killed instead. And right now, bzzt, you can help prevent that."

"OH will an innocent DIE if I don't tell you guys? Hmmm, I don't know ABOUT THAT!"

"It is not certain, bzzt," V.A.L. agreed. "But only you can confirm our suspicions, bzzt."

"Wait, V.A.L. Allow me to give this a go. I saw this manipulation tactic in many films back at the base...it seemed very effective."

Koichi cleared his throat, took a deep breath, and let out the biggest puppy eyes he could make.

"Pleeeeeease Kyle?"

"Oh come o-o-oooonnnnn, I don't know what's best, don't make me make decisions like that!" Kyle whines.

"Come on, this has to be unethical to ask me stuff like this!"

"We're stuck in this stupid 'kill each other to escape' game and you're playing along with whoever's running it!" Urumi snapped. "You gave up the right to use the 'ethical' excuse a long time ago!"

"The way I see it, there are problems with our theory that it's Raul. However, I don't see a possible alternative, even if we don't have all the details right." Jack sighed and turned to address everyone. "The killer could be Bry Guy, but he'd still need to either obtain a live bullet or jerryrig his own, and it wouldn't explain the rubber bullet we found by James. Oscar just doesn't seem possible since so much of what happened seems out of his control, but you can throw any theories about him in the ring if you'd like."

He tapped his chin. "We either have to resolve the discrepancies around Raul being the suspect, or Bry Guy. And if we can't do either...well, I'd vote for Raul."

"What can I do?! I'm trying MY BEST, here! It's not like I make the rules! I'm an INTERN! I'm being paid ten-seventy-five an hour! I'm being as ethical as I can while still getting my letter of recommendation!"

"So have we accepted that Kyle helped whoever the killer was already? He always seems so reluctant to execute anyone, yet he was apparently an accomplice...how are we even supposed to figure out who he wanted to help?" Raul shook his head.

"Maybe we should just focus on something else for now...what else is still a mystery?"

"I'm not the bad guy, quit making me look like the bad guy!" Kyles voice quivers like he's about to cry, but he quickly mutes his microphone.

"Here's what I think." Jack said, collecting his thoughts. "Raul retrieved the bullet from his own body. I find this much more likely than somebody else doing it because of the existence of the mirror. He shot James from the saloon, and Tachi-kun's bullet is what hit the water tower. Besides Raul not being able to plan the arrival of the train, I see no contradictions with this theory. Perhaps the second item that was taken from the blimp was a pillow or maybe he just used a cup as a silencer. It doesn't really matter--he sent Matsu-san and Keri out so quickly that he could take time to clean up any preparations he had made." He nodded at the summary. "Something else to keep in mind is that since James walked twenty paces, it could be possible to know exactly where he'd be when the duel was about to start. Maybe the gun was even set-up beforehand."

Jack rubbed his head, looking down. "And in the interest of being thorough, it might be possible for Tachi-kun to have done something after he tackled me to the ground. But I don't think it'd make sense for him to go through the effort of getting Raul's bullet if he had plenty himself, unless he just wanted to throw us off. But I still don't think he could shoot Raul in the saloon from the stables, unless we had strange ricochets."

Shy guy

"The other contradiction is how Raul acquired a gun to begin with," Keri said. "I do not think it is possible to hide one away beforehand, we all saw the guns when we first explored this place, I am sure we got a full inventory to compare the contents of the safes to. Our only reasonable theory for that, which incidentally does match up with our other contradiction, is that Kyle told Raul the code to the safe. As I said earlier, so long as he did somehow have the code, he could hide the gun back inside the safe again when we were around James's body, explaining why we never noticed it missing."

"I don't think Kyle told him the code--that would make this trial too rigged against us. I guess I'd forgotten about the gun, I sort of assumed that problem was taken care of when Otto told me we already solved both topics..."

Shy guy

"If it helps, think of it backwards. Someone shot James, so they had to have a gun. But no gun was found outside of the safes that shouldn't have been. Therefore James was either shot with one of the duelling pistols or Koichi's gun, which seems unlikely, or the killer had a way to return the gun to the safe where they first got it from. This doesn't explain how they did it, it just means that they did, one way or another. They could not have returned it while we were investigating, so the only opportunity was between then and the murder. VAL could maybe have done that on the way to the scene, but that seems difficult. Raul, meanwhile, had plenty of time."

"But if Kyle didn't help the killer, that only leaves Keri, Koichi and Bryan as the people who could've gotten a gun, right? One of them would have to be a killer or accomplice, and I'm not sure how much sense that makes for the rest of the case."

"Well maybe Keri pointed the gun at James, causing him to fire back at her but he missed and hit you?" Jack said to Raul. "But Matsu-san would've had to see that...as well as people noticing James firing...and the rubber bullet couldn't pierce the window that way..."
Page 96 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus