Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 23 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 48  Next

Re: NG7: The Nullification Game (Timeline C1)Topic%20Title

"Am I an idiot or don't both players get one vaccine if they both have six points? Is Ghost messing with me?"

Midge claps her hands together. "Ghost is wrong about a lot of things, but they're right that we still have a lot to do. I say we get moving on this thing and do it right. Hopefully president Teslos is ready to do the right thing for everyone."

ASCEND

"Uhh... Haha, right," Helios grinned stiffly, his eye twitching slightly. "Yeah, no need to worry! We'll get this figured out!"

He seemed somewhat uncomfortable, possibly because of Midge misnaming him... but who knows?
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"If both players get one vaccine each when they get 6 points, then allying would be the logical choice." Emma said. "...assuming no one has a reason to want to keep two vaccines to themselves, that is." She added after some time.

"Still, those reward rules are written ambiguously. If we don't get any confirmation from Null, then their meaning might be the most important thing to discuss right now."
Signature loading, please wait...

"That's right," Midge approves. "That's really important for sure. It seems logical that it would be for both players considering if one player is at zero, it's not like they both die regardless the number of points of the other player. That shows the reward is individual."

"If both parties pick ally, each will be rewarded with ONE vaccine."

Gettin' Old!

Bradley gave Ghost a dark look at the mention of 'pragmatism' "No, we are not doing that. Not after so many others have died here. Miss Null said there wasn't enough vaccines for everybody. We will just need to do the best we can."

He mused on it a bit. "It seems too simple anyway. Either ally and both people get a vaccine meaning two or someone betrays and then the single person would murder the other and still only get two...there's no incentive to betray...yet" Bradley shook at the thought "Perhaps you will sit down...and...Miss Adrianna will be told about something horrible Mr Helios did...something that might make her want to kill him. That would be a test for a 'loyalist' right? To find out that those they are loyal to are vicious." He shook his head "I just don't trust it right now, seems too simple. You should commit to allying or else...we could stick the betrayer in the freezer room as punishment?" He muttered the last part quietly hoping it wouldn't come to such things.

"I'm glad I don't have to play this game."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Adriana nodded. "Alright, then. I've made my decision."

She sat down in the seat made especially for her. "There's precious little reason to Betray, so I won't be."

She seemed to consider something a moment more, but then let it go.

"There you go. So any betrayals are just out of malice and perpetrated by total monsters," Midge whispers a little too loudly.

"Look you guys have got this. It's easy, and it's gonna show you guys have integrity too. Neither of you has anything to fear, no worries."

Emma nodded. "Assuming neither player is hiding anything, this should be an easy decision. And hopefully anyone who has doubts about the other would voice them before sitting down." She said, glancing at Helios.

Shy guy

"Is that so? My mistake, then. I'd thought there was a practical reason to Betray built into the voting system itself, but perhaps not," Ghost said, rubbing the back of their head as by habit despite the suit getting in the way. "Then I have to agree, Ally seems like the only sensible choice. And you'd be foolish to betray here, anyway, some of us seem very eager to try out that face-maiming operating table," they added with a somewhat dark chuckle.

"Er, not that we'll let it come to that!" Ghost then added as an afterthought.

"Let's do this." Helios swallowed, sitting down in the chair. Immediately, both chairs latched the participants in tightly. They had one free hand for the monitor.

They looked in each other's eyes and nodded, pressing the screen.

It was like the air exited the room for a moment. People could distinctly hear the sound of their own hearts beating. Soon, the monitors turned towards them.

Spoiler: Adriana Voted
Ally

Spoiler: Helios Voted
Betray

Spoiler:
Adriana stared in complete disbelief at the screens. It seemed like she wanted to say something, but couldn't find the words. Instead, she just turned her face to Helios, her eyes only asking 'why?'.

"A-Adriana...you were the one who betrayed me first."

She didn't get a chance to say anything else. Everybody heard the sound of an electrical current charging up, and suddenly Adriana was rapidly writhing in her chair in pain. She shook around being electrocuted, and slowly her head slumped over.

Helios' restraints loosened. A compartment opened in front of him with two adult vaccines. Shakily, he grabbed them.

Gettin' Old!

Bradley recoiled in shock from Adrianna's squirming form "B...but why...there was no p-point..." he said in shock before recovering enough to slap Ghost on the knee "Don't just stand there! Grab him! Ghost!"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

"Er, right!" Ghost had been too surprised to move, but at Bradley's urging ran forwards to restrain Helios.

Midge rushes over to tackle grapple with Helios as well, but not before taking out a knife. She doesn't say a word just watches him with wild-eyed contempt, making her way to restrain him.

ASCEND

“...Shit.”

Helios clenched his fists and winced at the gruesome display. His expression looked conflicted, and perhaps tinged with regret… but when Ghost charged toward him, fear floated to the surface. He dashed out of the way, heading for the door.

Holding the vaccines high, he shouted, “K-Keep your hands to yourself! You wouldn’t want to these to get broken, would you?”

He slowed his pace, wrapping his hands on the doorknob behind him. “Y-You know, I really wanted to Ally.” His eye twitched as he looked away. “But how can I trust someone who’s spent the last five years lying to my face?! In my business, e-everyone’s out to get you. I’m sure somewhere down the road she would have thrown me under the bus again.”

He tried to speak confidently, but by the end his voice was wavering to the point that it seemed he was only trying to convince himself.

Stepping across the threshold, Helios grabbed the door frame and leaned forward. “Wh-Whatever. Just leave me alone…”

He gently tossed the vaccines onto the floor and then slammed the door shut. Frantic footsteps could be heard from the other side, retreating from the vault.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

Ghost quickly ran forwards for the vaccines, wanting to pick them up before anyone else could. "For now they'll be safest in my hands, right? This situation's already taken several turns for the worst, we should exercise all caution."

Gettin' Old!

"No no NO!" Bradley shouted pounding his little fists on Ghosts suit "Don't let him get away! He's a murderer! A villain! He should be brought to justice! What if he comes back later for these vaccines or to kill the rest of us!"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"Without the vaccines, we die, kid," Ghost replied, clutching them tight. "They're our first order of business. But now that they're safe (with me) we can... yeah, um, go after him. Get Helios to explain himself, maybe there's something we're missing here," they added optimistically. "His explanation was... weird. As were his actions."

"Come on Ghost, keep them safe. I'll go grab that warmongering sociopath," Midge salutes the others and dashes after Helios.

After an impatient few minutes, the group decides to run down the hall after Midge. They couldn't find her in the diner area, and decide to focus on an area to search...

They head to the Oval Office.

Spoiler:
Death was almost unsurprising at this point.

Helios was slumped over the desk, several stab wounds in his chest (though it wasn't easy to tell from his present position). Midge stood nearby, holding a knife dripping with blood in her hand. She seemed oddly unperturbed.

"I found him in here." Her voice was cold. "He had been crying. He didn't even try to defend himself, it was like he just let it happen."

Shy guy

"Another one down..." Ghost muttered, starting at Helios. Their visor, as ever, meant no-one could tell what expression they were making. "I suppose at this rate there'll be enough vaccines left for everyone lucky enough to still be alive." They didn't seem particularly inclined to comment on Midge's actions, instead just moving aside to lean on one of the walls.

"Alright. Well Bradley has enough vaccines for himself. Sorry you all had to see that," Midge cleans the blade on her dirty clothes before stowing it in her boot.

She begins to search Helios a little. "I wonder why those two were here. I always thought this all had something to do with the election. Ghost did you ever consider to yourself that you might be Fernando? Like I mean, do you think you'd know?"

She talks like she's making small talk, even though she's huddled over a corpse.

Gettin' Old!

Bradley nodded with satisfaction and patted Midge on the arm "Thank you Miss Midge, you are a good person!" He said sincerely "I don't know why he would do that...he knew the cost. He's probably just evil." Bradley concluded simply before turning back to Ghost.

"So...there's...4 of us now?" He paused to take in how few of them were left. "We can...*cough* heal half of us now...and then we just need one more cure!" Bradley finished optimistically before remembering why it was so simple and hanging his head in sorrow again.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"Fernando, me? Thanks for the compliment, but really, I don't think I'm anyone special," Ghost replied bashfully. "Not that I'd be able to tell either way."

"Come to think of it... what happens if no-one alive can start a trial?" Ghost then wondered aloud. "The ACHIEVER... what if they're dead now? That would be a problem."

"Oh, so you think Achiever is one of us? Well if we can get a few vaccines from it we should look for a key. It might be time to have that body open. Right after we search Adriana for cles I guess."

Midge wipes her hands and stands up. Her ace beginning to show a little emotion at Helios, but she shrugs it off.

Emma scanned the faces of everyone else left. "...I guess there is no point in arguing about what Midge did now." She said, looking at Helios's corpse.

"At this point, it's likely there are enough vaccines for all of us. If we can get to the next trial we'll probably be able to get out fine, so let's focus on that." She sighed. "I guess that means we should go back to the freezer next."

Shy guy

"Should we split up to search Adriana and the Ice Lady?" Ghost suggested. "Time is of the essence, and... well, I think I'd rather not have to stay and watch what needs to be done to Ice Lady's body."

Gettin' Old!

"Don't be a dummy!" Bradley scolded Ghost "When there's so few of us we need to stick together! Monsters always strike when people split up!" He checked his watch "I think we have time for both anyway"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Adriana's purse has a PDA a notepad and pen, mint chewing gum, a small compact for touching up makeup, a teeny tiny toothbrush, a travel pack of toothpaste, and a secret compartment. Midge cuts it open with her knife. Industrial pepper spray.

Helios doesn't seem to have anything interesting on him besides a business card from Tyrell Hodges, which also has a phone number written on it.

"Let's check the body for the key." Bradley said, taking one last disdainful look at Helios before stepping outside.

The group searched for a while, but couldn't find the trial key. It must've been inside the vault that got locked shut.

They eventually moved on to the hospital.

"I'll move the body on the table." Ghost volunteered.

"Wait a second." Midge put a finger up. "This operating table didn't have blood on it before." She indicated tiny speckles of blood that weren't easy to notice unless you had a solid look on it.

"Was the table clean when we searched it?" Bradley's face squinted as he thought back.

"It was." Ghost remembered.

"No." Emma shook her head. "When we first came in here and saw the headless woman, I remember seeing the blood then."

"That doesn't any make damn sense." Midge stomped with her foot, and put a finger on her chin.

"Yes, it's weird that Emma saw it when she did." Ghost agreed.

"There's one explanation." Emma shivered. "The one who killed the headless woman is one of us."

"W-What?!" Bradley jumped back.

"While we were waiting for Teddy's team to finish, we all split up for about thirty minutes." Emma seemed to be reading her thoughts off like a lecture. "The hospital team doesn't remember the blood, but I do. That means someone bled on this table, and it couldn't have been Teddy's team. If it's the headless woman...she'd have to be killed here and thrown in the freezer after. The blood can't be anyone from Teddy's team, so it has to be her. And the only one who could kill her would be us, plus Helios and Adriana."

Nobody could refute Emma for a good few moments, until Ghost spoke up.

"Well, the headless woman came out of nowhere? So who's to say there aren't other people running around this place we don't know about?"

"Y-Yeah." Bradley shook his head. "Miss Null probably killed the headless woman..."

Emma couldn't seem to disagree, but she was still thinking.

"The killer could also be Teddy, Albert, or Violet." Midge nodded.

"W-What?! How?"

"Nothing. Forget about it." "But well, we never saw their bodies incinerated." Midge whispered. "Presumably they were in the vault, but the door closed due to the emergency procedures. One of them could be a zombie, and if they weren't incinerated, they can still kill us all."

"Well, we'll know more if we investigate this woman." Ghost suggested. "I suppose we should get to that."

Spoiler: Group Objectives
1. Find out who killed the headless woman.
2. Decide who gets the vaccines.

Gettin' Old!

Bradley shook not liking the thought there was a murderer amongst them. "W-well there's a good chance the murderer is already dead right? Besides didn't we need to break the lock to get in there? Can't we tell how long she was frozen for?" He nudged Ghost assuming he had expertise with the equipment "Let's...well...take a look at the body." He said doing his very best not to take a look at the body.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Flashback wrote:
The group headed back to the hospital room first to get the medicine. It was oddly cold.

"There's a freezer in here?" Helios asked.

“The freezer’s locked. We were never able to open it.” Ghost explained.

Adriana picked up a handheld laser cutter from the counter. "And this is broken...?"

“Yup."

Adriana flipped a switch on it, and a whirring noise could be heard. She looked at the other team. "You need to turn it on first."

Midge blushed. "Well, I swore we did. We probably just warmed it up for you."

Adriana headed over to the freezer, targeting the laser at the slit between the door frame and where the lock would be. It was a quick slice.

"I'm gonna open it. You guys ready?"

Wait a second...we never tested the door to see if it was locked. We only know it was locked when Midge's team was in there...

"A-Ah..." It sounds like Bradley is about to scream but his voice is caught in his throat.

"What is it?" Ghost asked Bradley.

"The w-woman...s-she..."

She had a scar on her stomach. It was about six inches long, and was recent because it was still covered in stitches.

Shy guy

"Okay, investigating, sure..." Ghost muttered, still not willing to get too close to the body. "If one of us, or one of the 9 original players at least, killed her, we definitely need to figure this out for our own safety. But... why would anyone kill someone unrelated like her? Maybe they thought she was Null? Or... oh, I don't know... this all makes no sense! And we're still no closer to getting that damn key."

Ghost began to pace about, the stress of the situation clearly getting to them. "I can't tell you how long she was frozen for, too imprecise. It's why criminals sometimes freeze bodies to throw the time of death. But Emma's right, if the blood wasn't there before and yet is now, it must have come from somewhere. I don't think it came from a body that was already frozen, it wouldn't bleed like that. The only way she can't have died in that thirty minute window is if she'd already been dead and someone just made her bleed a bit, but there'd have been nowhere to hide the body until then."

As Ghost kept talking, mostly to themselves, Bradley uncovered the scar and caught their attention with a scream. "Oh... okay, right. The mystery deepens, great."

Midge quickly runs over the scar with a metal detector. Nothing happens.

"No metal. No key." Midge frowned. "Probably just a recent wound then, and not anything...freaky."

"Somebody's still alive. I'm sure of it! Bradley someone dug into the corpse for something like you said!" Midge trembles a little, wringing her hands. "Though... I don't know how we could tell which of them did it or how they knew about.the corpse."

She wipes her forehead of a little sweat.

"Geez, we need to think through this. Somebody came and did this at some point... We can't let them take our vaccines."

Gettin' Old!

"What...what if there's something inside?" Bradley said meekly from the table edge.

Hearing Midge's stress he looked away from.the body "Let's just use the vaccines now then? Nothing can happen then!"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"The scar is recent, but not that recent, I think," Ghost said, reluctantly taking a closer look at it. "Some number of days old, at the very least. Well before we even woke up in this game."

"If it isn't a key, I can't see what could possibly be inside the body." Emma said.

"I do think we should use the vaccines as soon as we can, but I'm not sure about this theory that someone from the other team is still alive. Maybe we should take another look at the vault?"

The vaccines appear to have temporally locked caps regardless.

"Could we maybe use the laser cutter on the vault? Where is it?" Midge says.

"I'm seriously concerned Albert is still around."

Shy guy

"Um... Midge, which x-ray were we interested in before?" Ghost asked. "Maybe... I dunno, it's a wild guess, but, could Ice Lady be the cancer patient we saw? The scar might be a sign of surgery for it, and it would at least explain why the x-ray was so important to begin with. Unknown patient, unknown lady, maybe we're meant to put two and two together."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Could we maybe use the laser cutter on the vault? Where is it?" Midge says.

"I'm seriously concerned Albert is still around."

"Honestly, I'd be concerned with Teddy myself. He always seemed suspect," Ghost said. "Wouldn't put it past him to have pulled something like this."
Page 23 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 48  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus