Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 5 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 48  Next

Re: NG7: The Nullification Game (Election Phase)Topic%20Title

hi

"Yeah! You're just making us bigger targets!" Violet shouted, her voice cracking slightly. "What kind of sick game is this?"

ASCEND

Suddenly, the group heard a loud crash. They turned towards the source of the noise and saw one of the lamps lying broken on the floor of the foyer, sparks flying errantly from its remains. Looking up to the balcony, they saw Helios staring down at the remains of the light fixture.

"Whoops," he said, "Uhh, don't mind that. Carry on."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Gettin' Old!

Bradley edged further away from Helios "Mr Helios, what were you doing with that lamp?" He asked scanning Helios up and down before looking at the fixture broken on the ground "You probably shouldn't break stuff, it's not your house."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

"Don't judge me so harshly! It was an accident, really!" Helios insisted, "I just bumped it with my elbow while I was pacing about, waiting for you people to finish!"

"Not that I think Miss Null is particularly worried about how clean her house is, considering she's willing to let people die in her foyer..." He irritably added.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

The dirty woman, startled by the noise, glares daggers at Helios on the balcony and grumbles something unintelligible under her breath. She turns back to everyone.

"I don't think we can trust him. He just tried to kill someone. That's really screwed up."

She says this quietly and hunched a little over, but not actually quietly enough that Helios could not still easily hear it.

"Watch your backs. I don't want to have to sew any of your heads back together if he gets ahold of you. Though, in a hell like this, I can only assume devils await us... so... We've all gotta be prepared for the worst monsters we've ever seen."

She straightens out and smiles, showing her rotted teeth off. The effect is unpleasant but she seems to be smiling genuinely. Her body seems worn and decrepit, but her eyes glimmer with life.

"My name is Midge. I'm a librarian."

She nods toward Violet.

"Thank you Violet. You seem like someone with real leadership potential. It's brave of you to volunteer even in your weakened state. I can tell you're strong. I stand by electing Violet as our leader. Let me know if you need help from somebody."

"Adriana can have the snack bar. I don't eat stuff like that anyway. It could upset my stomach if I eat it," Midge waves her hand as if it doesn't bother her at all.

She then turns her attention to the dog.

"A good dog is hard to find, so we should definitely choose its name carefully. I like the name Quinn as well, it's very cute. Though Einstein seems fine as well."

Gettin' Old!

Seeing Midge accuse Helios, Bradley instinctively moved closer to her while keeping his eyes trained on Helios. "So...he tried to kill someone with that lamp? Is that true?" He said his head whipping back and forth between Midge and Helios hoping one of them would explain.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"The moment null mentioned the thing about our votes being stolen, he went right upstairs for the lamp. I saw him. Good thing he's just as much bumbling as he is evil."

Midge whips around and attempts to place herself at the front between the others and Helios.

Shy guy

"What? No, surely not!" Ghost exclaimed, trying to catch their attention. "It was just a harmless mistake! No-one's about to try and kill someone now, that would be silly. Right?"

ASCEND

"Wh-What?!" Helios shouted after Midge's defamation of his character was brought to his attention. "Ghost's right - it was an honest mistake. Why would I even try to kill someone in front of eight other people, after the important vote was already over? This balcony just reminds me of the podiums I used to give speeches off of, that's all!"

"Some people are like that, though. They're just monsters wearing the skins of people, just looking to get ahead. You gotta be able to spot them coming... And the only thing that you can really believe is their actions, not words."

Midge sighs with contempt.

"I'm not gonna buy a cheap excuse like that."

ASCEND

"Well, if 'the truth' is a cheap excuse then I don't know what to tell you. But no worries, you're hardly the only person who thinks I'm a sociopath. I've seen numerous I nternet forums accuse me of those old Calendar Murders... despite them occurring before I was born."

Helios clapped his hands together and continued, "Look, how about we change the topic to a less grim subject. How about we talk about who we are? Jobs, hobbies, happiest memories, maybe reasons we might be here? I feel like I know more about your political orientations than who you actually are."

"Adriana over there is your campaign manager, so you should know her job. I may not know a lot about the election, but I know that much."

ASCEND

"Err... yes, thank you," Helios said, irritably. He leaned over the edge of the balcony, tightly gripping the railing. "Anyone else care to introduce themself? ...Or someone else?"

Happy Maria

Albert quickly takes the die off the ground, putting it back in his pocket. “This could be useful later on, I guess”, he says, before turning to Helios. “H-hey, what the hell are you doing, man? W-who was he trying to kill?”, he asks Midge. “Y-you’re kind of freaking me out at this point, man. J-just stop this. I-I don’t give a damn about politics anyway… Like I said, I’m just a useless broke college kid, nothing special about me. If you got try to get along for one second, that would be nice… And why the hell didn’t you say anything to your own campaign manager when you woke up?”, he suddenly prods.

hi

Violet backed away from the balcony where Helios was. "What the heck?! Don't just act like that was nothing! You totally just tried to kill someone!"

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Adriana over there is your campaign manager, so you should know her job. I may not know a lot about the election, but I know that much."

"You... know who I am?" asked Adriana, surprised. "I'm... well, I'm not sure if I should be honored or embarrassed... The entire campaign strategy I devised put me as far in the background of the campaign as I could reasonably be... At any rate, I'm quite sure that the Senator wouldn't try to kill someone-- especially not with witnesses, especially not in an election year. I wouldn't work for such a man. I didn't see anything, so I can't speak for whether it was an accident, or even whether Senator Tesla intended it to happen, but I'm quite sure he wouldn't kill anyone like this."

"Anyway, I'm not so sure that Violet should be our leader-- we don't even really know what that entails. What if whoever we elect the leader sets us to some task and we fail-- and that failure gets the leader punished somehow? What with the absurd rule about killing already putting Violet and Bradley at a disadvantage, I'm not sure that putting the... more spry... among us in even greater peril is something I could live with, should the worst happen. Surely, if no one's pride as one of the ad... er... elder... among us would let Violet or Bradley take such a risk before we know what we're getting them into."

"As for a dog name, I'm underwhelmed by 'Ice' and 'Einstein'." continued Adriana. "He's just a little floof of a dog, so I'd recommend something else for a dog like this one. Maybe something fitting like 'Spitz' or something ironic like 'Rex'?"

"Yeah right. He's probably thought about how he could spin it to attract more voters."

Midge mutters grimly to herself.

"Anyway, I think Violet knows that she is taking a risk here... Right Violet? You can absolutely let us know if you're too afraid. Like I said, you guys should be taking some prudence. You should be treating this like you're really in hell."

hi

Violet nodded. "I'm perfectly fine being the leader. I bet I could lead better than that psycho up there." She gestured at the balcony.

She turned to the librarian. "You may be okay with that, but I am not. I won't vote for someone with so much life ahead of her as the leader without knowing what that entails."

Midge's face quivers for a moment as she glances over at Adriana, whispering under her breath.

"Oh she's probably right. This is really dangerous. Curse this wicked place."

"Well, I'm willing to trust someone else. I just can't tell who else I can trust in this situation..."

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
"As for a dog name, I'm underwhelmed by 'Ice' and 'Einstein'." continued Adriana. "He's just a little floof of a dog, so I'd recommend something else for a dog like this one. Maybe something fitting like 'Spitz' or something ironic like 'Rex'?

"No!" Bradley said a petulant expression forming on his face "His name is Einstein! It's a great name! Isn't it boy?" he said kneeling down to pet the dog again vigorously.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
Midge's face quivers for a moment as she glances over at Adriana, whispering under her breath.

"Oh she's probably right. This is really dangerous. Curse this wicked place."

"Well, I'm willing to trust someone else. I just can't tell who else I can trust in this situation..."

"You should still have faith in Violet miss. You seem kind and young people can be capable of great things. I've read a lot of stories about them." he turned his attention to his dog "Most adults in my experience are liars anyway. They've probably got a whole buncha reasons for wanting to lead themselves. It might be hard or difficult but you'll all probably still be there to help right? Leaders need people supporting them after all. Violet isn't cruel..." his gaze paused on Helios before he returned his attention to 'Einstein' "...I'm sure she'd be a great leader, and she can always count on us if she does get scared and need help."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

"Yeah, sorry lady, but I don't buy it", Albert says firmly to Adriana. "Dude's getting so aggravated over this leader business that I can see him try killing the kid or something to give himself her vote. And, sure, there's a lot of reasons why it's not rational to do this, but…have you seen how pissy he's getting over this crap? I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to pull something like that off in a fit on rage or something. For now, if more people vote for someone else instead of Violet instead I'm pretty chill with that, but not him." He gives a rather pointed glance at Helios. "Guy's hardly done a damn thing to earn our trust and now this horseshit… We can't make him our goddamn leader."

"…And I still prefer Einstein over 'Spitz', sorry."

Shy guy

"I think it's just as likely that the leader is in a safer position than the rest of us," Ghost said. "We don't know what the position entails. Who's to say the leader doesn't get leader privileges?"

"Anyway, I think learning more about each other is a great idea! What better way to strengthen our trust? But, um, sorry, I can't really add anything to that conversation..." Ghost finished morosely.

"At the very least, it seems the leader is decided." Null announced.

A small screen descended onto a high part of a wall. On it read: Leaders: Violet, Albert, Adriana

Everybody just stared at the screen. Teddy broke the silence.

"...the fuck?"

"All of you were in predetermined sets of THREE." Null explained. "Once a leader was decided, the TWO others in their set automatically became co-captains."

"Co-captains..." Albert shook his head. "I don't get it."

"Albert and Adriana will have to decide who gets priority. Usually it would be whoever has the second most amount of votes, but both had ZERO. Everybody can vote, they can reach an agreement, or play rock-paper-scissors. I don't have much of a preference."

"You're still not making any goddamn sense!" Teddy shouted.

"This is how it'll work."

Spoiler: Teams
-Each leader will get to choose who they want on their team.
-Violet chooses first and fourth.
-Whoever has priority between Albert and Adriana can choose second and sixth or third and fifth.

"As always, let me know if you have questions."
Re: NG7: The Nullification Game (Timeline A)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Bradley blinked "So...this set up means that...I think...Violet would never have been in a team with Miss Adriana or Mister Albert right? If it's ok with you Miss Null could you tell us what the other pre-determined groups were?"

He fidgeted with his hands "I don't know why this makes me so anxious...being picked for teams hmm." He looked at the co-captains "D-do you two have any preferences for who goes first?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The screen now displayed something else, possibly in response to Bradley.

Spoiler: Other Sets
Set B: Bradley, Emma, Ghost
Set C: Helios, Midge, Teddy

Happy Maria

"I-I guess this is alright…?", Albert mutters quietly. "Never thought I'd somehow be involved in this shit. Heh. Well, er…I guess I'd like to be with Hazzy over there." He points to Ghost. "Need to keep an eye on him and all. As for the other… you mind teaming up with me, Bradley?", he asked the kid, giving his hand for him to shake. "Sorry for calling you squirt earlier. My bad, man."

Shy guy

"Um, you don't get to choose yet," Ghost pointed out timidly. "First we have to decide which of you and Adriana gets priority. Then Violet and the one with priority get to choose members. If Violet wants to pick me or Bradley for some reason, she gets first choice."

Happy Maria

"A-ah, sure." Albert looks fairly glum. "I'm, like, willing to give priority to Adriana, then. Whatever. I'd be like, pretty fine with whoever I get as long as that senator isn't with me. This is like PE all over again…", he sighs.

"So... we're basically picking teams ala the playground for a three-team tournament of dodge-ball or something?" asked Adriana.

She cleared her throat, clearly bristling at Albert. "It's good to know that you've unilaterally decided you'll be going first, without so much as a 'How do you do, Adriana?', and even going ahead of Violet, who was actually voted for." she said, with a small amount of invective.

She glanced over at Violet and smiled sadly. "It's something you'll have to get used to, I'm afraid. Some men have no respect for a woman in power. Maybe you'll have better luck than I in breaking that glass ceiling."

Happy Maria

"W-wait, what the hell did I do?", Albert asks, confused. "Sorry for getting confused over the rules, I guess? Did you, like, ignore the part where I was fine with giving you priority? …Whatever, congrats on getting the leader role as well", he quickly adds to not seem too disrespectful, though it seems doubtful Adriana would be pleased by what he said nevertheless.

Shy guy

"Er, w-well, we've reached an answer now, right?" Ghost said, looking anxiously between the two co-captains. "Violet, then Adriana, then Albert. So we can move onto voting and not waste anymore time," they added, hoping to diffuse the situation.

Happy Maria

"F-fine with me", Albert agrees, also eager to move on. "S-so, Violet. Who'd you wanna choose?"

hi

Violet examined the group. She mumbled something inaudible to herself, before she spoke up. "For my first teammate...I choose Emma."

Adriana considered her options as she checked her nails. "I'll take... Bradley."

She turned to the pale child. "Oh, and if you'd like, I won't object to 'Einstein', if that's what you really want."

Happy Maria

"W-wait, so it's my turn now, right?" Albert asks. "Just double checking, don't wanna piss anyone off more. And, well, like I said, I'm going for Hazzy." He points to Ghost.

hi

"Darn it." Violet pouted. "I was gonna pick one of them. Fine then. I choose Midge."

Happy Maria

"W-wait, fuck!" Albert suddenly shouts, breaking the pace. "C-choose someone else, please! I-I can't be p-paired w-w-w…" He stutters, unable to finish his sentence.

Adriana frowned. "Can't be paired with who?"

hi

Violet folded her arms. "Too bad. I'm not changing my team. Just pick Teddy if you don't wanna be stuck with Politiction McPsycho."
Page 5 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 48  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus