Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next

Re: Nonary Game 7Topic%20Title

ASCEND

Southern Corn wrote:
"...You were getting what now?!", Albert says in surprise hearing Helios. "So the rumours about you were true after all...hot damn, man. What else? Embezzling funds? Getting into a sex scandal? Ties to the mafia?"

"Look, man, I dunno what your problem is. It's a free country! I can make as many phone calls as I want!" Helios replied cluelessly. "I'd wager you're a Fernando supporter by your manner, which is quite a shame, but we'll have to just bury that hatchet and settle our differences if we want to get out of here."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

"I'm feeling fine, thank you," Ghost said courteously, pulling on the door like Helios suggested but to no avail. "Apart from my memories of course. Maybe the gas gave me amnesia instead? But in any case, leave all the manual labour to me! You all rest up, I will continue with this door."

"I do hope this amnesia is only a temporary thing..." Ghost continued quietly over the rattling of the door. "I don't even know how to feel in a situation like this, I have no idea how the real me would respond. But rest assured that I don't want to do anything the real me would regret! It looks like this suit I'm in is causing everyone distress, but I don't want to hurt anyone."

Gettin' Old!

A small gasp preludes a scuffle at the side of the room as Bradley musters all the might he can to kick Albert in the shin before scurrying over to take cover behind Violet "No you stay away from me! I don't want to talk to you mister!" he retorted glaring daggers from a safe distance at Albert.

Clearly something had been going on.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

1000% Knight

"...Are we really going to just fucking believe him?" The middle aged man asks the group, right before Bradley's scuffle with Albert.

"Hey, what the fuck did you try to do to him!?" the man yells at Albert.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Happy Maria

"O-ow, shit!" Albert flinches before suddenly raising his hands over his head in fear. "W-wait, stop, I didn't do anything! I-I just wanted to talk to the kid in private and he- ah, hell. I know what you guys think of me already", he muttered sadly. "I'm just like, the ninth wheel here, aren't I? You guys all hate me. I don't contribute anything useful. Even the shady guy over there is helping more than I am. Me? I'm just a useless broke college student. J-just leave me here to die or whatever… It's not like there's even anything good awaiting me outside this dump…"

He suddenly kneels down on his feet and starts sobbing hysterically into the palms of his hands. …Oops?

After enough pulls, the wooden door breaks open around the lock, flimsily hanging from its hinges. The group looked at each other for a moment, silently deciding to pause any ongoing conversations for now.

"Wait a second." The burly man growled. "You're not getting off so easily." He said to Ghost, wagging a finger in his face.

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah, we're getting that suit off. One way or another."

"I really don't think that's nec-" Ghost's protests were cut short as the burly man grabbed him and pulled his head beneath his, trying to look.

"The hell?"

"What?" Emma asked.

The burly man scratched his head. "It's just a zipper and padlock, but the zipper is covered by something so I can't break it...and the padlock doesn't have a combo on it. Or a keyhole. Nothing."

"So we can't find out who Ghost is?" Bradley asked.

"Not unless anybody else has ideas." The man grumbled, deciding to walk through the wooden door. The rest followed.

The group found themselves in what appeared to be a luxurious foyer. The ground was adorned with a mosaic pattern, and the room was lit by a chandelier hanging just overhead, as well as some lampstands on the far walls. A small vent was also adjacent to the floor.

Two staircases ran against the walls, both leading to the same balcony that spanned the room overhead. There was three metallic doors on the balcony. None of them had handles, and all of them were locked.

“Fancy.” Adriana casually observed. “Looks like a place you’d hold a fundraiser.”

Below the balcony was the largest door of them all, easily standing at least 20 feet. The door was wooden and surrounded by two columns. Written on the door in something that eerily looked like blood was ‘WAUL! NATION ELECT CHIEF TIME-GLOOM!’

“Waul?” Emma asked.

“Yeah, waul!” Bradley then let out a loud shriek, causing many to suddenly cover their ears. “Like that.”

“Chief Time...hmmm….” Helios thought. “Is that a timezone?”

“‘Chief Time-Gloom’?” Violet thought aloud. “That has to refer to Mr. Tesla, right?”

Me?” Helios was taken aback but then just grinned. “Now that’s just silly. Anyway, what were the adults saying?”

“It might not mean anything.” Emma suggested. She pointed at a touchscreen on the door.

-------
--
---
-------------
----

“See? Could just be a clue. We need to input the answer.”

The burly man shook his head. “It has to be a trick. I don’t even think there are any 13 letter words.”

“No, that theory adds up.” Ghost agreed. “Check this out.”

Ghost had been standing by a metallic safe on the ground. It was the only object of interest in the room and stood out because of it. It was far too heavy to move.

The safe had a digital keypad in front that allowed a six-digit numeric password, as well as being adorned with six semi-circular indentations.

It looked like there was another phrase written in blood: ‘ENSNARE TIED WISH’

“Wish…” The dirty woman thought, then smiled. “Like a genie, right?"

“Like Santa!” Violet added.

“I think it’s a similar solution to the other clue.” Ghost elucidated. “Except the password is numeric…”

A singular thought ran through everyone’s heads: “Now what?”

Happy Maria

"I-is this some sort of weird puzzle?", Albert asks in his confusion. "B-because I don't really get what we're gonna need to do here. We have a 6 digit code to unlock this safe, and we also have two random as hell phrases written in...what, blood? I don't get this, man. Are these, like supposed to be anagrams or something? Or, the first phrase does have 6 words in total... Could that possibly help", he questions.

Gettin' Old!

Bradley idled his way over to the vent "Anagrams perhaps? I used to do those when I was learning to spell." he suggested kneeling down to examine the vent.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

"...Well, that touchscreen code does have 29 characters, just like that 'Waul' phrase does", Albert observes. "Anybody knows how the hell we even decipher that? I'm not exactly good at solving this. There an anagram solver somewhere here? I could really use that right about now."

"Still no clue about the safe code though", he sighs.

Gettin' Old!

Crawling down onto his knees, Bradley began to make his way inside the vent. Unfortunately despite his petite frame the vent is narrower than he expected and it's not long before he finds himself wedged in. "Oh bother..." He sighs to himself wiggling helplessly trying to get loose while his feet flailed on the outside of the vent. "This always works in stories..."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Not paying attention to Bradley's plight, Albert looks at the other anagram on the wall- ENSNARE TIED WISH.

"Hmm..." He appears to be contemplating it for a while before he turns to the other players.

"I think I might be onto something here, but I'm not too sure. ENSNARED TIED WISH... taking out some letters and rearranging the phrase, we get, "Three die, NA wins"... nah, wait, that has a missing s. Maybe... "Three side NA wins"...? No clue what the fuck either of those mean, but I think that could help." He shrugs.

Happy Maria

"Wait, no, I got it!" Albert snaps his fingers. "It's "Inside the Answer"! Or some other variant, but that makes the most sense to me. ...I don't know what we're supposed to do with this now we have it, but hell, at least we made some progress, right?"

1000% Knight

The man walked over to the vent, and pulled on Bradley's legs, with enough force to hopefully pop him out but not enough to hurt him if he was really stuck.

"C'mon, you can't just go randomly crawling into strange holes..."

Happy Maria

"You guys know any good 13 letter words that can be made from this stupid thing?" Albert points to the 'Waul' anagram. "Closest I can think of is commonwealth but that's only 12. So close and yet so far..."

hi

Violet stayed silent for a few minutes, thinking over something, before she suddenly gasped. "Wait a minute! Is the anagram 'Welcome to the Nullification Game?'"

Happy Maria

Blinky wrote:
Violet stayed silent for a few minutes, thinking over something, before she suddenly gasped. "Wait a minute! Is the anagram 'Welcome to the Nullification Game?'"

Albert blinks in surprise. "...That sounds about right to me, actually. Holy shit, kid. You're smart for someone your age", he remarks.

"Anyway, now we've got both the anagrams finished, I guess we should enter Violet's into the touchscreen. ...Then all we have left is the safe code. Still dunno what to do there though."

Gettin' Old!

Bradley pops back out of the vent thanks to the kind strangers efforts "Thanks Mister...." He hesitated realising he still didn't know the gentlemans name "I...I won't do that again." He said before moving over towards where the others had solved the anagram "I've never heard of a nullification game....what is that?" He asked.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

"Well...nullification usually means to override, or cancel something", Albert clarifies. "No fuckin' idea what a "nullification game" is though. ...Or why they're even calling this stupid thing a 'game'." He scowls. "This their idea of welcoming us or what? I just want out of this stupid place already."

ASCEND

Helios glanced at Violet in surprise. "How the hel... I-I mean, yes, that seems a good solution, even if I can't make sense of it. But in case there's a penalty for wrong answers, I'll go ahead and type it in. Any objections?"

Helios didn't wait for a response before marching off to input the answer.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

"N-none here, I guess", Albert sighs, knowing that his reply won't make a difference.

hi

"Hey, I found the answer, I should get to type it in!" Violet ran after Helios, racing to input the answer.
Re: NG7: The Nullification GameTopic%20Title

"Inside the answer." Albert thought aloud. "So the safe code is inside 'the answer'?"

"Maybe it's 'The Answer Inside'." Adriana offered. "So the safe code is...inside the safe."

"We don't know what the answer is." The dirty woman muttered. "I don't think we can solve this any further."

"We still have Violet's answer." Albert shrugged.

“Nullification game?” Helios scoffed while punching the solution into the touchscreen, ignoring Violet as she tried to pry him away. “That sounds...unconstitutional!” After a few seconds, it played a jingle, indicating it was the correct answer.

The wooden doors swung open revealing…a large blast door with a quarantine symbol on the front. The number ‘9’ was painted across it.

Happy Maria

"W-what the fuck is this? A-are we in a quarantine? Is this where we were the whole time?!", Albert shouts. "I...should we even bother trying to open this...? I'm not sure whether the risk is worth it here..."

hi

"Another door? Are you kidding?!" Violet groaned. "And what's with the symbol on it? And the number? This whole thing's messed up!"

Happy Maria

"W-wait...the quarantine...it couldn't be." Albert pales suddenly as realisation dawns upon him.

"We...all had something like a flu when we woke up, right? T-this couldn't be..." He stopped, unable to finish his sentence due to his trembling in anxiety at this revelation.

ASCEND

"N-No way!" Helios replied, staring at the door nervously. "I mean, it's just a flu, right? Is that really worth doing an entire quarantine over? Besides, it's not like any of us had symptoms before we were locked in here!"

Helios pressed his hand on his forehead as a headache resurfaced.

Gettin' Old!

Bradley spent sometime contemplating the door before idly ascending the stairwell to the balcony and looking around. "Alternatively...maybe everything out there is bad and this place is safe?" He suggested idly pushing at the locked doors and enjoying the elevated view. "Ghost is probably fine in that suit of his." He said looking down with disdain at the hazmat suit.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"Oh dear... I suppose this would explain the hazmat suit," Ghost mumbled, staring at the quarantine symbol. "But if we were all kidnapped we can't be here for quarantine. The tough guy's right, whatever you're all feeling is probably the aftereffects of the knockout gas."

"'Welcome to the nullification game'...it seems strange to not get details as to what this supposed game is, after an answer like that." Emma said, her eyes focused on the newly revealed door.

"And this quarantine is quite odd. If whoever kidnapped us gave us a virus as some sort of bio weapon, wouldn't they want us to spread it to other people? And if they wanted to target us specifically, that does seem to make Ghost more suspicious." She glanced at the suited figure.

"...still, we can't start pointing fingers yet. We will presumably learn what this 'game' is supposed to be soon, and we haven't even heard much from some of the people here." Again, she glared at the tall man while she spoke.
Signature loading, please wait...
Re: NG7: The Nullification Game (Q&A Phase)Topic%20Title

The conversation was curtly interrupted. A voice on a loudspeaker somewhere reverberated throughout the room.

Hello, contestants.” The voice sounded female, and almost artificial as if produced by a software.

Every face stared up at the ceiling with mixed emotion: fear, anger, and worry.

“I am here to answer any questions you have.” The voice assured. “Then you may all decide whether or not you wish to proceed with the game.”

1000% Knight

"Who are you? Where the fuck are we?!" the burly man immediately screamed at the voice.

“You may call me Null. I am in a location far away from you all, monitoring all of your movements.”

A strange bit of tension filled the room. Everything was so...procedural. Formal. Sterile. It hadn't answered where everyone was, yet there was no doubt that that was intentional.

hi

"Why are we here?" Violet demanded. "And what's with these dumb bracelets?"

"You are here to play a game, and the bracelets help facilitate that. Each bracelet has a value on the default screen--for now, just keep in mind that that's how much your [vote] is worth."

ASCEND

"Ah! At last, the scoundrel has revealed themselves!" Helios exclaimed, "What are your terms, Miss Null? Do you want money? Because I'm sure we can cough up more than enough!"

"I do not care for money." Null took a tempered pause. "Those who want to survive, will survive."

"What do you mean by 'those who want to survive'? Are we in danger? Does it have anything to do with the way we felt when we woke up?" Emma asked, keeping a neutral expression on her face.
Signature loading, please wait...

“You've been infected by Blight-Z.”

Emma's face paled. "Blight...Z?"

“What the fuck is that?!” Albert shouted, before turning to Emma. "And why do you look so surprised?"

Emma looked down, but then began giving a much more detailed explanation than asked for.

Blight-X: 9% of those infected will die. Death can take anywhere from one to nine weeks.
Blight-Y: 88.89% of those infected will die. Death typically occurs one month after symptoms appear.
Blight-Z: 100% of those infected will die. Death occurs 9 hours after initial infection.

Symptoms of Z include:
1-3 hours: Common illness traits. Dehydration, hunger, nausea, sweating, diarrhea, and headaches.
4-6 hours: Subjects may start to vomit, or possibly cough up blood. Symptoms from earlier may appear in much more painful and emphasized bouts. Bleeding can also occur through the nose or in some cases skin abscesses.
7-8 hours: Can experience weakness in standing and breathing. Serious pain can occur in subjects all throughout the body.
8-9 hours: All previous symptoms exacerbated. Pain can be severe, leading to some subjects taking their own life. Some become manic, knowing death is all but certain.

Perhaps the most unusual trait of Blight-Z is that death always occurs in exactly 9 hours. Without the presence of other harm to the body, no subject has been killed by the virus in less than 9 hours. No subject has lasted more than 9 hours.

That was the long and short of her explanation, at least. She seemed tired after explaining it.

"Y-You kept this from us?!" Violet shouted.

"I only had a suspicion." Emma admitted rather weakly. She turned slightly away. “Or rather, I felt hysteria was the worst thing to bring into this situation. It didn’t seem necessary until I knew for sure.”

"I don't even think I've heard of these..." Helios dapped some sweat away.

"You wouldn't have. Blight-X and Y never had major outbreaks and...Z has always just been a theoretical concept."

ASCEND

"Wh-What the hell?!" Helios shouted, running his hand roughly through his hair. "I-I mean, wh-what the heck... Y-You're telling me I-I-we're all gonna die in less than nine hours?!"

He turned to Emma, the same confident grin frozen on his face, but looking stiff and uncertain. "M-Miss Montin... There's gotta be a cure, right?"

1000% Knight

"What the fuck?!" The man shouted. Suddenly, the nausea and aches he had been feeling since he woke up felt ten times worse. "What the fuck kind of disease is that?!" He quickly turned his head back to the ceiling, where the voice seemed to be coming from. "Why the fuck did you infect us?! If you wanted us to die, why didn't you just... do it!?"
Page 2 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 48  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus