Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 18 of 18[ 695 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Re: Black Fable: The Town of Moonview (Fifth Blood Moon)Topic%20Title

"Amory, I used to think you were a quirky and colorful person! I always felt like you were following your own heart!"

"Turns out that you were following it to do evil. Amory has my vote. Cherish it!"

fella

"It is time to end this," Xander stated. "My vote is for Amory, of course."

No other way than to make this mistake.

Emilia shrugs. "We already know the result. I vote for Amory."

“Ditto.” Cooper grunted.

The town has decided to execute Amory.

The six townspeople move in on Amory, forming another tight circle around him. Amory  then turns to the residents of Moonview before uttering his final words.

“...Allow me to tell you all a story, before I pass...about my home. The home that you all so deviously decided to wander into and plunder.”

Amory’s eyes looked peaceful and he stared vacantly in front of him, not staring at anything in particular.

“The Coven that you destroyed so gleefully were part of a thriving, wonderful, peaceful nation almost 500 years ago. We were known as the Sylvestrians, and our neighboring kingdoms were jealous of our riches. Yet the Dark Star that gives us our power struck down violently upon us one day, and our kingdom was thrown into a panic. Most of us died...our walls were torn down, and what’s left of that proud nation is...well, us.”

Amory looked somewhat woeful as he shot a glance at the bodies of William, Vaughn, and Petur. But he quickly snapped out of his trance.

“And so, we decided we must uphold our traditions. So for years, we did whatever means was necessary in order to keep it that way. Including shedding the blood of your friends.”

His eyes widened.

“Jonas...Howard...Avis...I hope they rest in peace, for they did not have a hand in erasing a glorious history…”

“I feel ashamed...saddened...upset that my homeland is being taken away...and that I could do nothing to stop you evil wretches from preserving a culture that used to be so wonderful. My parents used to tell me stories of their parents, and onwards, about how fantastic this land was...but for years, people like yourselves made it impossible...and now you take glee in taking our lives.”

He raised his hand.

“Heed these final words! There are more of us! And they shall come for you in time! The lives that you are escaping...you will not find salvation here!”

A salute.

“...I curse you all! Curse you all with my final breath! Slay me and I will feel proud that I died for my homeland!”

Amory lowered his head and let out several sobs. Immense despair leaked from his cries, melting into the ears of the eager and bloodthirsty crowd. After a few moments of grief, he raised his head, and stared at those surrounding him.

“...Just kidding. This land is a dump…”

Amory took off his mask in a rapid anti-climax. He tossed it on the ground and let it sink into the mud. A sharp, painful looking scar cut through the right side of his mouth. The crowd could finally see his expression -- it looked as muted and apathetic as anyone would ever expect.

“...The truth is, I think all that is bullshit...cause I came up with that stuff like, right now. Or maybe I didn't. Whatever...and I don’t really care about any of that stuff…but I'm a pretty good actor I think...better than whats-his-face after he got shot by who-the-hell-cares."

He scratched his scar. It bled a bit.

“Uhh...so yeah, that’s it. I don’t really remember why I donned that mask in the first place...I think it had something to do with this scar over here, but...eh...why care about something you forgot about..?”

“...Anyways, bye.”

In a swift motion, the citizens of Moonview shove their target on a stool once again, readying a noose around his neck. They then kick him off the stool, watching him suffer in mid-air.

The townspeople continue to watch their target struggle, before he yet again stops, his body dangling stiffly above the ground. This is it...This had to be it.

...?

A new passage seems to already have been added to the black book, earlier than usual.

Spoiler: Trial Results
Amory Mote, [the Black Witch], was executed by the town.

The Coven has been defeated.

6 Town and 0 Coven remain.

[[You have 12 hours to make your final posts, before the game officially ends.]]
Re: Black Fable: The Town of Moonview (Epilogue)Topic%20Title

Esther tugged lightly on a thin leather strand around her neck, revealing the necklace that had been tucked under her shirt. The pendant was a small, decorative bottle, filled with white powder that shimmered almost unnaturally in the sun. She clasped the bottle and looked to the sky, peaceful and somehow looking much older.

"We're doing it, Lorraine." She smiled. "When I see you again, the Coven will be gone. All of them."

She looked to the others. "Thank you - all of you." She gave the group a bow. "I'm staying. I'm here to eliminate the Coven. We already killed their leader. We all have the freedom to leave, now, I think. But I would be honored and grateful beyond words to anyone who would stay and help me destroy this evil magic once and for all."

"Sorry, but I'll be leaving." Cooper nodded at Esther. "I know an alchemist who'd pay a small fortune for some witch blood, and we got four right here."

Cooper cut down Amory and dragged his body towards the other three corpses.

"At the end of the day, this is what I have to do. Ever since I was a kid I could feel myself drowning in my destitution. I'm not even supposed to be here, eating meals and having a drink with y'all. The thought of never having to worry again... honestly I can't believe I'm alive to see it."

He went into his house and came back with a small wagon, loading the bodies inside. "But I couldn't have done it without y'all. So if any of ya want in on this bounty, an even split is more than fair."

Esther gave Cooper a sad smile. "I will miss you, friend. I know it's a lot to ask, but could you find Professor Taylor's family? I would like them to have whatever my share would be. They . . . It's not a husband or a father, but it would help them survive."

Gettin' Old!

Jason let out a long slow breath and lit himself a victory herbal cigarette, blowing an elegant smoke ring up towards the clear skies. "Well...that's that then. Doesn't make much sense to leave now that we've finally won this land." He looked around at the others an expression of guilt crossing his face as he eyed Xander, Forsythia and Emilia.

"You know...I was assigned to this town because we had suspicion of witches here. Back home, there would probably be plenty of people who would still burn you three at the stake for your abilities, whether they are used for good or not." He paused a moment, looking absently into the distance "But now I owe my life to magic, I can't say what's right or wrong anymore." he took a small puff and laughed "Hell they'd probably burn me if they found out what had happened and how I had come back from the dead." He shook his cigarette out and stretched his long lithe athletic arms reaching up to the sky. "But honestly I don't think I can go back to that now, not after everything I've seen of magic. Magic used to heal and help people like it has. It's fair to say that Jason Vaughn died here, and André was the one you brought back...that's probably for the best. From now on I'll do what I can to protect good people like yourselves here."

André flicked his cigarette neatly into a public bin and moved over to Forsythia "Forsythia...I'm sorry for how I treated you early on." Jason concealed a smile "Though you were a witch, it seems witches aren't quite everything I've been raised to believe. I hope you'll forgive me for that...and give me a chance to make you a drink you will enjoy at some point." he chuckled

Turning to Xander he ruffled the lad's hair once more "You're a good guy Xander, I can't imagine how much society might benefit from powers like yours. This town will prosper plenty with your gift I'm sure. You're always welcome in my tavern." he said clapping his hand on the young mans back before moving away to Emilia.

"Emilia..." André paused and smiled gently "...there's little left to say. I owe you my life and your power must be pretty incredible to do something like that. I'll always do my best to protect you and while it might go without saying, anything in my tavern is on the house for life for you." he laughed.

André smiled easily at Esther "You don't need to ask twice, I'll happily keep vigilant for the Coven though really now that we've won this land from them I'd hope they'd let us live here in peace."

"Hey Cooper, its a shame to hear you are going but I suppose that's about right for a fellow of your talents right?" He said nodding respectfully. "Sorry I couldn't do more with this investigation, joined the game a little late. Could probably learn a few things from you though." He extended a hand for a handshake. "I would hope you'd at least stay one more night for a celebration though. Drinks on the house, and I'll break out the piano, was saving it for a special occasion." he offered.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

fella

Xander wearily sighed, running a hand through his blonde hair. "At long last, it's finally over..." He couldn't help but mirthly chuckle in joy, though he soon stopped, a frown forming on his face.

"Though... I feel that I have failed. In protecting everyone, I mean. I could not anticipate the Coven's next move and cast the ward on their house. So... for that, I am sorry."

He inclined his head, falling silent for a moment as his bangs fell over his eyes. After a minute, he looked back up, brushing his hair out of his face as he looked around at the others with his heterochromatic eyes. "In truth, the real reason I came here was because... well, I wanted to rid myself of this power. I hoped that there was possibly something in this unknown area that could get rid of magic, and if I rid myself of it, I could return to my parents a normal person..." he explained, seemingly reminiscing.

"But after this harrowing experience, I have realized something. I think... I think I may want to keep my powers, at least for a little while longer. Failing to protect Professor Taylor, Jason--though you're back now, thankfully--and Avis during the nights of the murders truly crushed me, so I've come to this conclusion--if I get stronger, perhaps I can cast spells on more and more people to protect them from harm and not tire myself out as easily. I believe it is worth a shot." He then looked over at Cooper.

"A shame you are not staying, but I understand." He grinned at the bounty hunter. "But if you're able to, please visit from time to time. You were instrumental in defeating the Coven. And an even split... well, I feel I do not deserve it, so I will pass," he said. "Thank you for the offer, though."

He then turned to Jason with a small smile. "Many thanks, Jason. You're a good man, and I'm glad that you are alive again," he stated before turning to Esther.

"If we can rid this place of evil magic, that would be wonderful. This town could possibly truly prosper then. While a part of me does feel guilty for taking the Coven's land, they went much, much too far in murdering us. We didn't even know they existed too, so... there is that," he remarked with a shrug.

"But what's done is done. We have defeated them and escaped with our lives. And for that... I am sincerely grateful."

"Aww André! Thank you! I would be delighted to have a drink!"

"It's a nice day out, huh? Not to bright, not too hot? How serendipitous!" Forsythia takes her hat off, looking up at the tall, puffy, white clouds standing starkly in the blue sky.

She looks down and gives the others a wink. One of her eyes is vibrant blue, the other looks like a black marble with flecks of white light shimmering in it.

"I enjoyed my stay here with everyone! In between all the horror, there were beautiful people with beautiful lives, who I loved sharing time with! I don't know if I'll stay here much longer, I have other places I'd love to see, but I'll be sure to remember everyone!"

She fans herself, mist forming in her eyes, "Ooh! It's so bittersweet!"

UkuleleLady wrote:
Esther gave Cooper a sad smile. "I will miss you, friend. I know it's a lot to ask, but could you find Professor Taylor's family? I would like them to have whatever my share would be. They . . . It's not a husband or a father, but it would help them survive."

Cooper chuckled at that. "Of course you'd say something like that. Alright then, I'll get your share to Jonas' wife. You have my word."

He paused for a moment, looking at Esther. "And just know, we couldn't have done this without you. Thank you for trusting me... that wasn't easy to reciprocate but I'm glad I did."

Collin1002 wrote:
"But after this harrowing experience, I have realized something. I think... I think I may want to keep my powers, at least for a little while longer. Failing to protect Professor Taylor, Jason--though you're back now, thankfully--and Avis during the nights of the murders truly crushed me, so I've come to this conclusion--if I get stronger, perhaps I can cast spells on more and more people to protect them from harm and not tire myself out as easily. I believe it is worth a shot." He then looked over at Cooper.

"A shame you are not staying, but I understand." He grinned at the bounty hunter. "But if you're able to, please visit from time to time. You were instrumental in defeating the Coven. And an even split... well, I feel I do not deserve it, so I will pass," he said. "Thank you for the offer, though."

"Don't worry about it, Xander. If you hadn't protected yourself I would've killed you like an idiot, and then the Coven would just get an even larger advantage. We couldn't have done it without you either." He smiled and clapped his palm on the boy's shoulder. "Thanks for the help. I'll be sure to stop by here again."

Pierre wrote:
"Hey Cooper, its a shame to hear you are going but I suppose that's about right for a fellow of your talents right?" He said nodding respectfully. "Sorry I couldn't do more with this investigation, joined the game a little late. Could probably learn a few things from you though." He extended a hand for a handshake. "I would hope you'd at least stay one more night for a celebration though. Drinks on the house, and I'll break out the piano, was saving it for a special occasion." he offered.

"Har. Well, it wouldn't hurt to have a drink or seven." He gripped Andre's hand with both of his own. "I have some questions for you too. About the afterlife and whatnot, that's something I'll need to sit down for."

The battle against the Coven, the Curse of the Blood Moon and the spell that turned the very environment against the residents of Moonview had finally ended.

Everyone proceeds to gather at the bar, celebrating their hard-fought victory as their resurrected bartender pours out drinks, just like during their first night at the town...if only Mayor Timm were still around to see how much the Town had overcome. The festivities continue, until it is soon time to say some goodbyes.

Jason, Forsythia, Emilia, Xander and Esther all stand at the edge of the town, ready to give their farewell to Cooper. They reminisce Vic, Jonas, and Avis, their dear neighbors they had lost to the Coven, Howard, their local elder who had been an unfortunate casualty, as well as William, Vaughan, Amory, and Pétur, their opponents who had seemed for a moment to have been their friends.

Everyone says their individual goodbyes to their local bounty hunter as he readies his trusty wagon which Amory's clothed legs seem to be sticking out of, among other things. Cooper begins to slowly walk away from the town with his wagon, as his neighbors wave to him, wishing for his safe return. The bounty hunter tips his hat before waving back at the others, the pale white moon shining over all of their heads.

When the citizens of Moonview return to the town square, they notice a familiar guest.

"Squawk, squawk!" A falcon flaps its wings enthusiastically, perched on a willow branch hanging right above the black tome lying in its usual place on the podium. It seems something new had been added to the last page.

Spoiler: Ending
Cooper, the Vigilante, Jason Vaughn, the Detective, Forsythia Schumate, the Psychic, Xander Arroway, the White Witch, Emilia Retti, the Medium, and Esther Lewis, the Fairy, have brought victory unto the Town.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The End...

The book shuts suddenly as the townspeople finish reading the newest passage. They then notice something strange inscribed in the book's front cover...Had it always been there?

BLACK FABLE

[[The game has now officially ended. Thanks for playing!]]
Page 18 of 18 [ 695 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus