Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 11 of 13[ 514 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Re: Black Fable 3: The Nonary+ GameTopic%20Title

Just another day.

Golf after hearing the results of the votes collapsed to his knees with tears in his eyes.

"Ow thank goodness...I was so worried id have yet again voted for another innocent person, I know that it may be necessary, especially since I am yet still unsure how much longer my brother can even hold out within his current predicament without help...but if it can be avoided id like not to see other others die for it to be possible."

Golf proceeded to get back up on his feet, wipe his tears away and grabbed his walkie talkie.

"Yes yes, I am aware, but still I must ask you hold out till we can aid you." Golf said with concern in his voice."

"...how are you not boiling?" Nova blinked at Golf. "I'm dying here and you're wearing way more than I am..."

Just another day.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"...how are you not boiling?" Nova blinked at Golf. "I'm dying here and you're wearing way more than I am..."

"Hmm? is it that hot in here? I suppose I'm rather use to extreme temperatures...well that and I'm wearing a cooling shirt under my jacket."

Golf started laughing. "To think that brother of mine said taking it with me to the snowy mountains was a mistake."

"...Well, how nice for you," Nova replied rather snippily. Maybe the heat and stress were already getting to her?

Whatever it was, she went back to examining the conveyors. She found some levers and tried fiddling with what she thought were some of the more harmless-looking ones.

Unfortunately, she wasn't the best judge regarding such matters; she accidently sped the conveyors up considerably, sending a few machines that looked like bipedal gun turrets flying off them before returning the lever to its original setting. "...Oops."

Sock

Silver was too busy solving some incredibly complicated puzzle where you had to fit at LEAST three gears onto the same plane and have them all spin. It's tough stuff.

"It's pretty damn hot over here, that's for sure..." She says out loud, basically yelling over any operating machinery. 'But I think we've totally got this under control! It's really damn stressful, but... like.... What else can we do?"

She frowns and tries to activate the puzzle, but there's only TWO of the gears in it. Groaning, Silver goes back to fiddling with them.

Kachu wrote:
Silver was too busy solving some incredibly complicated puzzle where you had to fit at LEAST three gears onto the same plane and have them all spin. It's tough stuff.

"It's pretty damn hot over here, that's for sure..." She says out loud, basically yelling over any operating machinery. 'But I think we've totally got this under control! It's really damn stressful, but... like.... What else can we do?"

She frowns and tries to activate the puzzle, but there's only TWO of the gears in it. Groaning, Silver goes back to fiddling with them.

"Oh! I think you almost have it now, Silver! Maybe this stupid puzzle can shut off this damn heat! Ahaha..." Ennea gave her the most strained smile in the world. People standing nearby could hear her teeth grinding. "... What an interesting idea this whole room is. I feel like at this pace, our next murder might not even be the witch's work! Ha! Ha... Ha..."

Just another day.

Golf beginning to feel rather anxious, began to investigate The factory. Golf after some time moved into the factories office where in his investigation by chance noticed a dim light in a dark corner of the room and had begun getting closer to examine the dim light. Golf soon realized it was luminescent paint. Upon realizing this he sought out the light switch and turned it off, on the floors tiles the number 7 glowed with an arrow pointed at the wall. Golf truthfully had began shaking a tad due to it being dark in the room.

Golf having discovered his trial sought out others in the factory to show them the location of the trial. now with others there he began to investigate the wall but could find nothing and as such had asked the others to help investigate the room more until one of the others perhaps due to being tired, or perhaps getting irritated sat down with a thud, the area they plopped down on was right where the arrow was and sounded hollow. Golf was quick to notice the sound made and asked the person to move as to allow him to check the tile he was sitting on. after a brief check sure enough the area being pointed at wasn't the wall but the tile on the floor and so him and the others began to remove the tile.

below the now removed tile was an scale with a number that was painted on it with the luminescent paint, it was easy enough for anyone in the room to deduce the numbers indicated weight, that likely being Golfs insuring only he would start his trial. Golf now noticing a pattern realized one thing...whoever had made this game sure had a sense of humor.

"Really? of all the things you choose to make me relive this?" Golf was shaking but none the less worried for his brother sat down his walkie talkie nearby then pushed himself to get on the scale aware what would likely happen next. the scale began to make a noise and creek for a minute till a beep sounded from the scale as if confirming it was him, rather then the floor collapsing a vent on the ceiling opened up and doors in the room locked. Not long after a synthetic voice played in the room. "Only the participant of this trial may enter." Golf actually sighed in relief as he looked toward the others. "Would I sound like a liar if I said I'm almost disappointed this thing didn't collapse beneath me?" Golf said to try and calm himself down.

after a moment he asked the others to lift him up so he could climb into the now open vent. Golf found himself crawling through it leading him back into the factory where one by one the machinery all began to turn on and activate. Golf walked close to the center of the factory where he found a display screen with the details for his trial.

Climb to the top of this room and have your bracelet scanned.

Golf noticed a bar filling up and assumed it was his timer. Golf took a breath to calmly access the area and where exactly he would need to go, for now the most immediate thing he noticed was on the ceiling was a bar by itself along with a device he believed it to be the scanner. "You got this golf...its only a climb to the ceiling where I have to hang from a bar on the ceiling one handed to scan my bracelet...no pressure...and speaking of something I don't have, no climbing gear...great!"

And with that said the Trial started

Golf quickly began climbing onto a piece of machinery of which parts were moving at random intervals and waited for the right moment to further climb up. When he reached the highest point on the machine he was on he found he currently had a few options to choose from.

He quickly after looking chose to use a crane hanging from another machine and swung himself over to the other side of the room. "You know this isn't as bad as I thought it wou..." before he could finish his sentence the display made a noise and right away Golf could notice to his horror, the temperature in the factory had risen, and with that he realized the bar wasn't a timer but the rooms temperature. The machinery he was on currently felt slightly warm to the touch, bearable for now but he knew there was no time to waste and had begun to climb ever higher, He would grab onto wires, spinning cogs, whatever was available to be climbed upon. once again the noise played and the temperature rose once more, the metal cable he was currently climbing became hot enough to bring him discomfort, his hands were in pain but still he pressed on. "No pain no gain." Golf began to chant to himself to take his mind off the heat, though a lapse in judgement nearly cost him his hand slipping and caused him to slide down the cable a bit burning his hands.

Golf unfortunately had no time to gain his composure and merely grit his teeth and climbed up the final cable getting him close enough to jump and grab the bar on the ceiling and began to raise his arm up slowly, the first to get his arm tightly wrapped around the bar as unpleasant as it was, then the other began to rise to scan the bracelet and finish the trial. He was near his limit and in great pain but one final time the noise played once more the temperature rose, it was now dangerously hot in the factory and the bar he held onto began scalding him Causing him to yell out in pain.

In one last burst of energy he lifted his arm up and pressed it against the scanner which made a noise signifying the trial had been completed. The room began cooling off and with that a hatch opened next to the scanner with a harness to help lower him down to the floor. Once back on the factories floor he slowly made his way to the office and upon entering collapsed and crawled to the walkie talkie he had set down. Golf had survived his ordeal but he was exhausted and in pain from the burns he had received. After all he had gone through he after a minute had only one thing to say.

"I'm starting to debate if I wasn't better off trapped in that room myself honestly, wanna trade?" Golf jokingly said, his head pointed in the direction of the walkie talkie.

Happy Maria

"Christ, those burns look severe..." Uno grimaced before going over to help out Golf with his injuries. "These trials just seem to be getting worse and worse. I can only hope mine isn't in this room, but who really knows... At least your brother is quite lucky not to have undergone this", he added, hoping to lighten the mood somewhat.

"It's only gonna go downhill from here, isn't it...?" Nova grumbled.

She then turned to face the majority of the group and raised her voice. "Hey, Hacker, or whatever you wanna call yourself!" she shouted. "Whoever messed with the robot! You're here to help the Witch, right? If it's about revenge or whatever, Crow and Cat are already dead, isn't that enough?! The longer this thing goes on, the more likely one or both of you will end up the same way, so how about this? Just fix the damn robot so it lets us all go and we'll pretend none of this ever happened, okay?"

There was a banging, loud but not that loud, definitely not loud enough for anyone to pay attention to over literally anything else happening, and suddenly a 'plop' as Albatross finally got out of the locker he had been trapped in.

"Oof. I know what you are thinking, the killer stuffed me in here, but Don't worry, no one stuffed me in there. I was just seeing if this locker could be opened from the inside and tripped. Good news is i figured out how!" Albatross sees Golf's wounds and immediately rushes over to help.

" that's a really good point Nova! Most of the people who stuffed us in the locker that is this death game are dead, so maybe the killers and us should work together to kill the robot?" Albatross said hopefully.

Sock

"I still don't even know how you can tolerate all this heat..." Silver fans herself and watches Golf in awe, amazed with how powerful he is to still be wearing all that he is.

"Something also tells me that this might be more than revenge, and it has something to do with just maliciousness... I don't think we're going to get out of here easily, is what I mean." Silver sighs. It also seems like she either solved, or completely gave up on that gear puzzle. Who knows!

Shy guy

The players were now on the look out for any switches that would take them behind-the-scenes to the Scientists' area. The factory was large and complex, so it took longer than before, but they eventually found one in The Shambles.

[Off-limits area theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBUOqjbe6tY]

This time around they found an archive room, a bathing area that seemed to recycle some of the Anger area's heat, and even a pleasant indoor garden complete with a simulated skybox. Needless to say it was a very welcome reprieve.

From a clue-finding perspective, the archive definitely seemed the best bet. Looking around, they got the impression Drake, aka Cool Cat, had been primarily responsible for the room's operations. Many of the files there, both digital and physical, were mundane or went right over their heads, but the players managed to collate information on the Cult responsible for Cartor's civil war.

Spoiler: Cult files
The Society of the Third Eye, commonly referred to as simply the 'Cult', was a group operating predominantly in Cartor. They believed that mankind could 'evolve' by having their spirits ascend into the Morphogenetic Field, leaving their bodies behind to become 4-dimensional beings. As a consequence of this they also believed traditional societal structures were meaningless, as they would no longer apply post-ascension. This put them squarely at odds with Cartor's government. Unfortunately, even though they were almost certainly insane, their open criticism of the government drew in all manner of supporters: people who didn't even believe in their cause but who were similarly anti-establishment. Open criticism soon led to revolt, leading to the civil war raging across Cartor today.

The players found a picture of one such Cultist. It was a terrifying caricature of a man, dressed in a bizarre outfit and with a third eye painted on his forehead. Attached was a notice that while Cultists dressed like this to perform profane rituals behind closed doors, in public they passed as ordinary people, moving around undetected. One of the players pointed out that this was probably a rather biased interpretation: it was, after all, from the perspective of Cartor's infamously draconian government. Even still, there was a rather extensive list of recorded data on the Cult's activities, some of which definitely seemed unpleasant.

The Cult's beliefs that their bodies would be left behind resulted in a very detached view of their physical selves. They tended to have a very high pain tolerance, and thought nothing of receiving unreasonable injuries to achieve even minor goals. This made them especially dangerous in combat situations, which were all too common these days, especially when combined with their strange martial-arts techniques that followed similar reckless principles. Cultists developed various tricks making use of their self-destructive tendencies, including dislocating their thumbs in order to slip out of handcuffs and escape police custody.

This last part seemed familiar: it was probably how the Hacker managed to free themselves and attack the robot. Some of the players had already considered it, but this confirmed it: the Hacker was a Cultist, here to liberate the Witch and bring them in on the war effort. If they succeeded, Cartor's future looked bleak. Additionally this only confirmed how dangerous the Hacker was. The players already knew the Witch wouldn't stop until they were all dead, as it was what gave them their powers; even if the Witch was dead however, the Hacker would still likely kill everyone remaining in order to leave no witnesses.

There wasn't anything else to find, it seemed. Even still, finding this off-limits area was a welcome boon, as the players could take the time to relax here, even if only for a few minutes.

[The off-limits area has now been added to the area you can RP in!]

"So it looks like it's us or them after all... Well, it was worth a shot..." Nova sighed ruefully.

She threw a glance at the bathing area. "...Actually, a bath sounds really nice right about now... probably don't have time, though... but I guess I could at least wipe down, cool off a little... Yeah, think I wanna do that. Anyone wanna watch?"

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"So it looks like it's us or them after all... Well, it was worth a shot..." Nova sighed ruefully.

She threw a glance at the bathing area. "...Actually, a bath sounds really nice right about now... probably don't have time, though... but I guess I could at least wipe down, cool off a little... Yeah, think I wanna do that. Anyone wanna watch?"

"W-Wha..! T-That's inappropriate!"

Odin crossed his arms in an "X" formation.

"The solution is simple! We all take turns. Everyone, form a single file line behind Nova."

"I meant watch the damn DOOR!" Nova snapped, her face notably redder. "I figured that went without saying with killers on the loose!"

She shook her head and exhaled loudly before heading to the bathing room. "Whatever, just... someone keep an eye out, okay? I'll try to be quick..."

Sock

Silver turns to Nova and gives her a supportive thumbs up. "Don't worry, I got your back. Ain't nobody gonna sneak on through..." Silver places a fist into an open hand, threatening any of the other players who had naughty thoughts, though coming from someone like Silver, it's not all that threatening...

"The Society of the Third Eye, another spiritual organization.." Nero notes. "Their power is so impressive, and yet tey insist on using it for such evil acts. What a shame indeed..."

"A bath does sound nice. Perhaps it will help us wash away our sins and cleanse our souls..." He utters. "That, and it's been a little while since any of us have bathed."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"I meant watch the damn DOOR!" Nova snapped, her face notably redder. "I figured that went without saying with killers on the loose!"

She shook her head and exhaled loudly before heading to the bathing room. "Whatever, just... someone keep an eye out, okay? I'll try to be quick..."

"How was I supposed to know?!" Odin yelled, shaking his fist as Nova went into the bathing room.

Shy guy

Despite having found the hidden switch in The Shambles, the players realised they'd yet to find a Trial there. After a bit more searching, it became apparent why: the red painted 1 was near-impossible to see in the red light, especially as all the steam leaking from pipes had washed it out. "Oh! It's my turn then, is it?" Ennea said, stepping up to the painted panel brightly. "I wonder if mine will be as fun to participate in as the others were to watch? A small change in perspective makes such a difference!"

A brief examination revealed a small hatch that could be pulled away, revealing a bracelet reader. Ennea tapped hers against it, and the entire panel in front of her slid to the side. Beyond it was... the entrance to a very traditional-looking sauna. Still smiling, Ennea nodded as she processed the find. "They must have wanted to reuse some of this by-product steam. How economical!" She stepped inside, and when it didn't seem like anything was stopping them, the other players filtered in as well. They found the Trial's instructions written in chalk on a blackboard inside.

At its core the challenge was quite simple: Ennea needed only to stay inside the sauna for an extended period of time, while steam from The Shambles continued to raise the temperature. A straightforward endurance test. There were some additional rules however: at any point, one of the other players could choose to take Ennea's place, but if they did so the timer would both reset and also increase in duration. Ennea seemed quite puzzled by this. "What an odd rule. I can't see what purpose it would have. What did the robot say? The timers in our bracelets pause during Trials with their own timers? I suppose we could use this rule to keep the bracelet timers paused, but that would only be postponing the inevitable. Curious..."

Ennea continued to puzzle over the Trial for some time, trying to work out what the 'trick' was. Eventually one of the other players had to nudge her to get her back on track. "Oh, yes! I should start the Trial now. I wonder if I'll survive!" she said chipperly, before stepping into the sauna proper.

[Trial theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB4ZL_nCuW4]

Time passed. Outside, many of the other players were taking this opportunity to search for the final Trial, but a few had stayed to keep an eye on Ennea. She was rather enjoying herself so far. She'd read somewhere that sauna endurance challenges were a mental test as much as a physical one. So long as she kept her focus in spite of the ever-increasing temperature, she had a good chance of getting through it. This was as good a time as any to work on her latest mathematical conjecture.

Of course, Ennea wasn't exactly an outdoors person. More of a 'stay in your room for 30 hours without sleeping while working on a thesis' person. That is to say, she was a prime example of how not to take care of oneself. She never exercised, she thought cereal made an excellent meal for the day if she remembered to have some, and sleep typically only happened by accident.

It wasn't long before she was ruminating on how 1 + 3 = 8 if you sort of squished the symbols together. Her mathematical conjecture was coming along in leaps and bounds, so long as everyone switched over to a number system where numbers went backwards if it was a Tuesday. It was quite interesting, she felt, that the Trial's designer had seen fit to make it so the sauna room changed shape periodically, perhaps to change the texture of the heat and make it harder to predict how it would taste.

She wasn't quite sure what happened next. When she came to, she was back in the entrance of the sauna with a throbbing headache. "Ah... It's over already, then?" she mumbled, still feeling quite dazed. "I must admit, it was a bit of an unsatisfying Trial in the end: I don't even remember half of it."

Odin, who was nearby, grimaced uncomfortably. "Erm, actually, you didn't even manage half of it." When Ennea stared at him in confusion, he threw up his hands defensively and yelled, "Hey, it wasn't my idea! I was all for you staying in there and beating the Trial all by yourself!" There was an awkward pause. "No, wait, I wasn't suggesting we leave you to die!" He looked around him in panic, but thankfully no other players were in the entranceway to have heard him. "When you collapsed I was the first person to suggest we go save you! I even said I'd take your place, but then I realised I didn't want to spoil my incredibly expensive clothes and the others all seemed to understand."

Getting a vague idea now of what had happened, Ennea looked over to the sauna room, where she could see inside through the glass door. Golf was slouching on the bench, glaring at the wall opposite while a vein pulsed in his forehead. Next to him, his apparently-waterproof walkie-talkie sat, and occasionally he'd say something or other and then pause as though listening to a response.

There was some logic in it, she supposed: he was a man who by his own admission was used to enduring extreme temperatures, and he had 'company' to keep him focused. Even still... "Remarkable," Ennea commented lightheadedly, continuing to watch. "There are parallels between this situation and other ethical dilemmas, perhaps. Maybe that was the point. I can't even begin to understand this one though. There is objectively no benefit to swapping places with me: live or die, you will still get the first digit of the code from me. Take my place and the Trial becomes harder, increasing the chance of the occupant dying. Golf is now in an objectively worse position than I was. Yet even now you people find a way to assign value to both options." She was smiling again. "When my head's cleared I should really make some notes about this, I can't miss this opportunity!"

Eventually the timer was up, and the glass door opened. Golf staggered out, muttering something about having to deal with the heat "twice in a row", and then he left to go and find the coolest place he could collapse and recover in. Ennea checked her bracelet and saw that her hint had been provided. Strange though the Trial was, it was now complete.

Just another day.

Golf had found a shower within the bathing area, set it to as cold as it could go and laid on the floor face first. He only had one thought on his mind after having to endure yet another heat related ordeal.

"If I get asked to go into the heat one more time I swear I'll...well I'm not sure what but it most certainly wont be pretty...why yes brother probably something like that one time during that new years party."

"I can't thank you enough, Golf! I'd love to shake your hand, if I could stand up right now! Ahaha..." Ennea said, collapsed nearby in the bathing area. "... I think I'm going to need that shower once you're done with it..."

Albatross hustled over with pre moistened towlettes. He began to helpfully dab at the victims of the heat.

"Im so incredibly impressed! You guys both handled being in a hot enclosed space way better than I do! Usually i am crying for my gramhram after about a minute in a locker." Albatross then slipped on a puddle of water and beefed it and immediately got a little weepy.

Shy guy

The players eventually found the third and final Trial of the Anger area. On one of the workbenches in the work area, they found... a bomb.

[Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qXmxVySMzw]

Everyone scrambled to check it out, but found with relief that there was a red '5' painted on the side. This was, fittingly, TV-Head's Trial; there was likely no danger of the bomb going off now that she was dead. One of the players cautiously tapped TV-Head's bracelet against the device on the bomb, nervous about potentially being murdered just like TV-Head herself had been, but the other players were on the look out this time and nothing unusual happened. The bracelet now read "Digit #5: 6".

As the players headed back to the entrance however, they found their way blocked by various machinery that had moved in front at some point. Clearly in order to escape this area they would need to find a way through.

As they were solving puzzles and clambering over inconvenient obstacles, the inevitable happened. Nero abruptly seized up and started shaking, the latest of the Witch’s victims. Some of the players rushed to him and grabbed him, while others pragmatically scanned the other players, but to no avail; Nero was dead within seconds, and no-one was any the wiser who had done it.

The players had unfortunately gotten used to this by now. They did their best to honour Nero in their own ways, but had to move on lest they waste any time. Someone grabbed his bracelet, and then the players pushed on through to the exit, solving the last few puzzles.

Discussion Phase

[Oubliette theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um39Yj0lT4k]

“Well, well. It seems like that entire previous discussion was POINTLESS!” the robot commented as the players returned to the Oubliette. “All that talk about ‘PLAYER 3 OR PLAYER 11’, and now they’re both dead anyway. Still, let us pay our respects to dearly departed Player 11.”

Spoiler: Nero Twenty-Three
Hailing from the micronation of Opal Heart, Nero was the current ruler, selected via the 'Opal Calendar Lottery'; for numbers meant everything to Opal Heart's strange citizens. It's a bizarre nation, known for its spiritual practices concerning empathy and "the soul's energy", often revolving around meaningless numbers. It has yet to be formally recognised as a separate state despite their efforts, and in fact it was on one of his ritual trips to the mainland to ask for Opal Heart's independence that Nero was kidnapped.

Yet the nation could not be more different from its parent country: its citizens, one and all, reject many social conventions out of a belief that they impede one's path to spiritual enlightenment. Even family names are rejected, with children taking on the day of the month they were born in as a surname instead. Alongside Nero Twenty-Three, one might find a John Seventeen or a Susan Thirty-One, for example. Strange practices such as this cause many outsiders to view Opal Heart as an outright cult.

Ever since the Opal Calendar Lottery declared Nero to be the next ruler of the micronation, he began to see himself as a natural leader and generally gifted individual. He trained in the ways of empathy and borderline voodoo practices so extensively that he came to believe he understood other people better than they understood themselves. He was confident – some would say arrogant – but he had so much respect from his citizens that he never received any pushback for it. Nevertheless, he was a caring individual in his own way, always ready to help.

Nero had a particular talent for recognising those others might overlook. In Opal Heart, all can receive enlightenment, and all have a place. Even here, in this dangerous game surrounded by strangers, he had started to identify those simpler individuals. Perhaps if he had survived he would have evangelised them to Opal Heart's ways, but alas.

As an aside, Nero may have been Prey, but he was also a unique specimen. The Scientists brought him here as a case study: hailing as he did from what was, effectively, a cult, they believed it would be good to observe him to better prepare for the Society of the Third Eye. Under the duress of a Nonary Game they might have gained some new insights, allowing them to kill two birds with one stone. Though I suppose the Director would have objected to that idiom!

[Nero was Prey. He was the Rallier, otherwise known as the 'Middleman'.]

The robot didn't even say anything else this time. It really was an empty shell masquerading as having a personality; now that there was nothing else it needed to say regarding the Game, it just didn't say anything at all. The players turned their attention to each other instead.

[Discussion theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNlSC5qoZXQ]

[The phase will end in 3 days.]

Happy Maria

"So that's that then..." Uno sighed. "All the prey roles are gone now. I think it's very likely the remaining roles both belong to killers- that is, Roleblocker and Detective. I think it's imperative we focus on catching these two for now before we make a mess of things. As for suspects... we can eliminate Nova and Ennea now thanks to Nero being confirmed as prey. This does leave us with little else to go off of, though. From the remaining five, it really will just be based on pure guesses. We might have to resort to our earlier strategy of pointing fingers at random to choose a suitable target."

Sock

"I'm not quite sure where we should go from here...." Silver lets out a long, deep sigh. It seemed like she was slowly adjusting to all the panic, and was grateful to be out of the previous area.

"Obviously, we're all going to tell each other that we're vanilla prey. This is going to be pretty difficult, I think."

"There is still one scientist left, too," Odin reminded. "It might be a little easier to look for the scientist instead? If we can nail the final scientist, then come next discussion, we should have fewer people to choose from to be a killer."

Odin scratched his head. "But at some point, we *have* to get a killer..."

"Now this is quite the situation we are in now. Four prey, one scientist, two killers." Ennea kept smiling with all the calm in the world. "Three more non killer deaths, and it's their win. Not a lot of room for error!"

"Now, I don't believe the suspect list is liable to get any narrower than this. Most likely the next to die will be me or Nova. Although I'd prefer to lynch a killer now, I believe our likely scientist Uno is a valid target as well! A dead scientist can mean a non dead prey!"

DootDootDoot wrote:
"Now this is quite the situation we are in now. Four prey, one scientist, two killers." Ennea kept smiling with all the calm in the world. "Three more non killer deaths, and it's their win. Not a lot of room for error!"

"Now, I don't believe the suspect list is liable to get any narrower than this. Most likely the next to die will be me or Nova. Although I'd prefer to lynch a killer now, I believe our likely scientist Uno is a valid target as well! A dead scientist can mean a non dead prey!"

"I was thinking Uno was the last scientist too," Odin agreed. "He was covering for Crow pretty hard."

Sock

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"There is still one scientist left, too," Odin reminded. "It might be a little easier to look for the scientist instead? If we can nail the final scientist, then come next discussion, we should have fewer people to choose from to be a killer."

Odin scratched his head. "But at some point, we *have* to get a killer..."

"I'm... not so sure if hitting the scientist now is in our best interest." Silver mumbles quietly.

"If we're not trying to get a killer, the prey will rapidly decrease. I think we really should focus our efforts on hitting a killer now, as the scientist is of little threat to the prey in their current state. It'd also be in their best interest as well to be rid of the killers, as there's no chance they can regain control with two of them around..."

Silver scratches behind her head and laughs nervously. "Mhm. Uno had some interesting arguments back there- But if he wants any chance of actually succeeding in all of this, he should be helping us now."

"...Well, when worst comes worst, we can turn to our favorite deceased...box person."

Odin closed his eyes recalling TV-Head's statements.

"I think...he went after Crow first. Which obviously was a random, dead-end vote, since a Seer can't spot a Scientist. But he also sort of cleared Albatross? Maybe TV-Head found that Albatross was innocent? Alternatively, he wanted to go after Silver after getting Crow, but that just sounded a bit more like a joke to me."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...Well, when worst comes worst, we can turn to our favorite deceased...box person."

Odin closed his eyes recalling TV-Head's statements.

"I think...he went after Crow first. Which obviously was a random, dead-end vote, since a Seer can't spot a Scientist. But he also sort of cleared Albatross? Maybe TV-Head found that Albatross was innocent? Alternatively, he wanted to go after Silver after getting Crow, but that just sounded a bit more like a joke to me."

"Well, it's a start. Surely our seer must have... Seen someone on the first round." Ennea successfully fought off the strange urge to say TV-head sniffed someone's aura. "That would leave our suspect pool as Silver, Golf, Uno, and you. Uno excluded for potential scientist-ness, that's three suspects. A noble number..."

Sock

Silver begins playing with her hair absentmindedly. "I suppose we could assume that it was a subtle way of our Seer to say that Albatross was innocent, but considering how they acted with Crow, I don't think we should totally write them off, especially if we end up missing a killer this vote. A part of my gut also feels like that it might be possible that our killers would be exceptionally quiet in order not to draw attention to themselves, but the opposite could also be true, and they could join in on the discussions to blend in..."

"A part of me isn't particularly comfortable narrowing down our pool of targets even smaller as long as I'm still in it, but I understand that we don't have that many other options..." Silver laughs nervously.

Nova smacked her gum loudly, doing her best to ignore Ennea's comments about the likely next victims. "...the biggest problem I have with suspecting Uno is it would mean Crow didn't use her power at all while we were in the first chamber. Would she do that just to set up a story that would put her ally under immediate suspicion if she was found out? Of course, that wouldn't exclude him from being a killer... maybe we should see what some of the quieter people have to say, like Albatross or Golf..."

Happy Maria

"I was expecting this to come up", Uno sighed. "I of course, deny being Scientist. Of course, you could say I was covering for Crow but really, was there any need for me to stick my neck out for her? You were believing her role claim just fine, all I did was put myself at more risk by corroborating her role. If I stayed quiet, that would have been a more sensible thing for a scientist to do... Instead, here I am, the ideal suspect for everybody to vote off. I do think there is another potential scientist suspect as well... Odin, did you not vote for Nero before switching your vote?" He asked out of the blue. "You did not reveal your reason for switching votes either. Considering the Scientists were able to communicate with each other, it's very possible Crow told you to switch votes at the last second so you'd end up looking less suspicious. Perhaps she had that little confidence in her own fate... In any case, since I know I cannot be the scientist, Odin ends up being the most suspicious in my eyes. Though by this logic, it could be anybody else who was hesitant on their vote, but Odin seems the likeliest of those at the moment."

"Though is this worth pursuing for now? Doubtful." He pushed his glasses up. "Scientists are overpowered and at a significant disadvantage right now. We can save them later if need be, so I'm willing to overlook my suspicions till they are relevant. In which case..."

"Albatross, Golf. I do believe you two are the most likely suspects for the killers in my eyes." He addressed the two. "Albatross has been quiet for some time now, and Golf was also silent in the earlier phases. Voting either one of you two off would be the most beneficial thing for this group at the moment. Though I'm willing to hear any defences you may have, if any."

edit: lol typo

Last edited by Southern Corn on Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I-I don't want to be on that list either," Odin whined. "But the dangerous thing is, if we're assuming Uno is a scientist, that means there are two killers between the three of us."

Odin shivered a bit and backed away from the others. "D-Doesn't that mean you're saying, in our eyes, the other two have to be a killer?!"

Quote:
"Odin, did you not vote for Nero before switching your vote?"

"It's true...but I have stated a few times even *before* voting that I thought Crow was the Scientist," Odin pointed out. "Back then, we thought it was still possible Nero was a killer, so I was voting based off of that. But as our discussion progressed, he seemed more likely to be Prey, so I swapped."

"My reasoning for *you* is...well, you were jailed by Crow, no? That may have been to protect you during the first night from a random kill. And additionally, you were the only people who were steadfast in Crow's innocence. Never mind simply thinking Nero was a better option, which granted, was a viable train of thought based on his possibility to be a killer. No, you actually thought she was *innocent.*"

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just another day.

"I disagree on voting for albatross, although we cannot be sure tv-head may have been attempting to clear albatross early as our seer, and as im sure anyone would say in my position I am not a killer and wouldnt vote for myself even if I were, as such in my mind the only two targets this round are Odin and silver, though for the moment I am unsure who is a better target."

Sock

"Would protecting a trusted and close ally not be a good use of Crow's power?" Silver pondered out loud.

"Keeping someone you know and trust safe from the sudden threat of these murderers seems like the perfect thing to do, I'd say. The Scientist's faction has strength in their numbers, and ultimately, the Scientists also want all the Prey to die to thin their numbers so they can easily regain control of this game. I'd propose that potentially protecting someone not on their faction at total random in the first round would be a worse move than keeping someone in their own faction safe."

"Though, I do realize the situation here, with one of their own still falling in the first round despite their efforts... Regardless, I see the Jailer as a more protective role than not, and with no information on how to act or who to act on, what would a better use be than to ensure the safety of your allies? Perhaps even one of your allies who has their own special ability?"

Cold52 wrote:
"I disagree on voting for albatross, although we cannot be sure tv-head may have been attempting to clear albatross early as our seer, and as im sure anyone would say in my position I am not a killer and wouldnt vote for myself even if I were, as such in my mind the only two targets this round are Odin and silver, though for the moment I am unsure who is a better target."

"I-If you're saying I'm a target for you, then surely you must understand that *you're* a target for me!" Odin said, growing more frightened by the minute.

"Either way, I really do think Uno is not killer, on the grounds he would have been more willing to vote for the jailer if he were." Ennea spoke up.

Just another day.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Cold52 wrote:

"I-If you're saying I'm a target for you, then surely you must understand that *you're* a target for me!" Odin said, growing more frightened by the minute.

Golf nodded his head. "Of course, and the same can be said for silver seeing us as targets."
Page 11 of 13 [ 514 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus