Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House

Page 4 of 11[ 408 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Re: PT-7: Tsar of Turnabouts (Day 1--Investigation)Topic%20Title

...The fuck?

Issac nodded and continued to search around. "If I were a hidden murder weapon, where would I be..." he thought as he looked over the room.

yeah so I left.

"Looking for something, boys?" an Irish voice greeted them. Finn gave the room a once-over, then surveyed the attorney and his assistant.

"Something like... This?"

He pulled the gun in question out of his bag, twirling it around his finger. "Quite a nice piece of work, even if I do say so myself..."

Always a hostile witness

"Eavesdropping is not an admirable talent." Derek pushed his glasses up his nose. "Might I inquire about that gun?"

My name is Judge.

-

...The fuck?

Issac clinched. How did the detective find it so easily? "Wh.. Where did you find that?" Issac stuttered, "Weve been looking all over!"

yeah so I left.

"Fact is," said Finn, then stopped. "Well, think about it. If you were a prosecutor, would you let the defense attorney investigate first? You're at a slight disadvantage here, boyo. The police have been combing the place for clues since the night of the incident.

"Although, since I'm so kind, feel free to ask me questions about the case. Can't tell you everything, mind, but it's only fair..." he grinned.

...The fuck?

Issac flipped out his notebook and turned through it. He was looking for anything to ask questions on. He would wait for Derek too, though, because he probably has alot of questions.

Always a hostile witness

"Since you're offering, I might as well ask. Where, exactly, was this weapon found?" Derek asked.

yeah so I left.

"This? This is the murder weapon, and, naturally, was found on the suspect's person. Am I right in supposing you are looking for something else? Well, good luck, because it hasn't been found - perhaps it doesn't exist?"

Always a hostile witness

"I see. Congratulations. You found a weapon found in front of an entire audience. Please forgive me if I'm too overwhelmed to applaud. What I am looking for does indeed exist, Detective, which is something anyone with a base understanding of this case should know. Perhaps you're not yet ready for your badge?" Derek bit his lip. Clearly this detective was in the mood to gloat and not be helpful. Perhaps he would respond well to a professional insult? Perhaps not. If he did, then the conversation could continue. If not, then Derek would be glad not to waste anymore time on him.

yeah so I left.

"Sir, you wound me," said Finn. "Maybe the gun of which you speak and the gun which I hold are one and the same... Manipulated by the same hand that shot the victim. And maybe··· I could of shown you more evidence, but perhaps you've already seen them, too? My, my, what a clever little attorney we have here. You wouldn't mind me leaving then, because I don't exist purely for being insulted by the defense team."

Always a hostile witness

"According to the evidence, what you propose is impossible. Clearly that is not what I'm searching for. And I don't recall telling you I was searching for a firearm."

...The fuck?

"Ughh.. I got a headache.." Issac muttered to himself. Listening to these to argue made him want to yell out, "SHUT UP!!"

Issac sighed and asked, "Can we get a different line of questioning Derek? Because I don't think this is going to go anywhere.

Always a hostile witness

"As you wish, Issac." Derek responded. Butting heads with this detective was fun, but truly not helping the case. If he believed what he believed now, he was uninformed or incompetent. That would help the defense enough.

"Then perhaps you could tell me, Detective, whether or not there are security cameras around here?"

yeah so I left.

"Well now," said Finn with a small smile etched on his features. "Well, I'm not sure if this is good or bad for your case, but..." He took a breath. "There are no security cameras in the opera house."

Always a hostile witness

"I see. I suppose that's not too surprising, an opera house would probably not need them. Very well. Then, Mr. Detective, perhaps you'd tell me something else. That murder weapon, how many times was it fired?"

yeah so I left.

"It was fired just the once, my good attorney. That is all it is capable of, you see... Quite a peculiar gun in itself, anyway... From what I gather, it wasn't store bought, but rather by a craftsman. Good on him, they're a dyin' breed..."

...The fuck?

"If you don't mind me asking, was the gun recently made? If so, what company or who made it?" Issac asked. This new piece of imformation could be handy.

Always a hostile witness

"How...interesting." Derek smiled just a little. Such a detail would certainly be helpful. He would definitely need to ask his client a few questions. Something about this whole case stank.

"What better time then the present?" Derek wondered.

"Issac, I need to run an errand. Why don't you stick around here." He told his assistant. Derek then pulled in close so the detective wouldn't hear.

"And check with a few of the major players of this opera. I want you to find out who came into this room."

Derek departed to head back to Detention.

yeah so I left.

"Boyo, didn't you hear me? It wasn't made by a company, it was hand-crafted by a professional! You'll find no other like it in this world. As for when it was made, we're not certain yet, but we're investigating the engraving on the gun; which will hopefully lead us to the maker, and thus know when it was made."

When he saw Derek preparing to leave, he asked, "Are there any more questions for me, or...?"

My name is Judge.

-

...The fuck?

"Err.. Roger that." Issac realized saying this was useless since Derek had already left the room.

"Well.. Might as well get some investigating done. See you later detective!" Issac yelled as he exited through the door.

"Hmmm... Major players. Jason is dead, Richards in detention, so that leaves Emily Holgar and Rufus Woodman." Issac thought to himself.

Issac proceeded to Emily's dressing room and knocked to see if she was in.

Dick Gumshoe: Determined Detective

Emily was fixing herself up in the mirror when she heard a knock at the door, "who is it?" She stood up and started walking to the door.

It's probably the detective again, here to ask more questions., she thought to herself as she walked to the door.

Always a hostile witness

OOC: My sincerest apologies. Internet connection problems have plagued me. I'm back, though, and still willing to defend.

IC

Derek left the opera house. A "Not Guilty" verdict was going to be impossible. Practically the first thing Mr. Glinkirev had said to him was that he was, in fact, the man on stage. But a "Guilty" verdict would be hard for the prosecution if Derek played his cards right.

He went back to Detention. He had to have some questions answered before he could move forward with a clear direction.

In Justice We Trust

I hope Michelle can handle all this, Richard thought. As if Liszt cheating on her wasn't stressful enough, now she has to worry about me getting convicted of a crime I didn't commit... Richard noticed his defense attorney had returned.

"What do you need to know now?" Richard asked, a bit annoyed at being unable to continue thinking about his daughter.
I'll always love you, Max.

Always a hostile witness

"You seem perturbed. But so am I. There are a few things I need to ask you regarding the murder weapon. That charming Virginia has told me that the real gun is a fake, designed to just create a flash, and that it couldn't shoot a real bullet. She also told me you kept the gun in your room when it wasn't on stage. Is this accurate?"

In Justice We Trust

"That's right. The only conclusion I can reach is that someone sneaked into my room and switched the guns while I wasn't there."

...The fuck?

"Ummm.." Issac replied to her voice, "It's Issac Benethon, Mam, Defensive Aid. I'm here to ask you a few questions."

He paused as he waited for an answer.

Always a hostile witness

"Where did you leave the gun?" Derek asked. "This is very important. Did you place it somewhere out of sight?"

In Justice We Trust

"No. I put it in the holster for the costume I was to wear in Act III--the one I'm wearing, in other words."

Always a hostile witness

"Did anyone else know you put it there? Please, think carefully, this is very important." Derek clenched his fist together. "If someone switched that gun, they would have to know you put it there."

In Justice We Trust

"Considering that my costume for that act was in plain sight to anyone who entered the room, it's actually not that hard to see it. They wouldn't have needed prior knowledge; simply seeing the costume when they entered the room would tell them where the gun was."

Always a hostile witness

"I see. So the weapon would be in plain sight, then." That certainly didn't narrow things down to a particular person, but it was helpful in it's own way.

"With some of the information I've gathered, I think I'm starting to see how the killer made his move, and attempted to cover up his trail. However, I have a question. Earlier, you told me that the victim cheated on your daughter. Do you happen to know who the other woman was? Was she a part of the opera as well?"

"Defense aid?" Emily opened the door seeing a young man standing there, "Please come in." She walked back towards her seat at the mirror and sat down. She motioned towards another seat in the room, "What is it you wish to ask me about?"

In Justice We Trust

"No, Dana's not connected to the opera. She's in the Ivy University Orchestra, though. Frankly, I'm surprised her friendship with Michelle survived that scoundrel's handiwork."

Always a hostile witness

"I see." This didn't seem like much to go on. If she wasn't involved with the opera, she probably couldn't get backstage.

"That costume you placed the gun on. In what scenes did you wear it?"

In Justice We Trust

"Just the third act."

...The fuck?

"Just a few questions, really." Issac assured. "So, I was wondering... Did you go into Richard's dressing room for any reason at all on the night of the murder?" Issac asked, wondering if he was going to get a straight answer.

"No i had not visited his room that night, I was composing myself within my room until the show begun, most of us keep to our own rooms most of the time."

...The fuck?

"Did you see Jason at all before the opera started?" Issac asked.
Page 4 of 11 [ 408 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House