Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House

Page 1 of 4[ 131 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SY-49 "Turnabout in the Dark" Day 2-InvestigationTopic%20Title

WAAAAAAAGH!

Right, let's rock. Considering that I have yet to receive a replacement for Coffee Prosecutor, I'll have to continue playing him.

For now, let's have some fun in our investigations.
Re: SY-49 "Turnabout in the Dark" Day 2-InvestigationTopic%20Title

A beautiful world indeed.

David sat up from his chair in his office. It seemed that he had to do another day of investigation. Hopefully he would once again be able to avoid dealing with this organization.

For now he had two ideas where to start. The first was to visit his client. He had to have a few words with Jason.

David grabbed his coat and headed out the doorway.

WAAAAAAAGH!

"Wow," Drake stated out loud. "Never thought that the defendant would help me out with proving that Ulysses was actually real. Now I just need to find him..."

Audere est facere.

Angel was quite disappointed with the outcome of the trial's first day, but at least there was more time to see what really happened. She then headed back to the prosecutors' office to receive orders for investigation from Drake. "I wonder what'll happen next..." she thought, as she proceeded to the office.
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

WAAAAAAAGH!

((Alright, time for me to play Jason. I'll just bunny David into entering the room, if you don't mind.))

Jason grinned as David entered the room. "You came in just in time," he said, holding up a document. "I just happened to get my hands on some official orders. Much sooner than I expected, actually. I am hereby authorized to tell you and the prosecution everything that happened, including the backstory. May I start with the backstory?"

Last edited by General Tommy on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Audere est facere.

As Angel headed to the prosecutors' office, she decided to head to the detention center first, to ask the defendant more questions. When she arrived, she asked for Jason, but the guard said, "Sorry, Detective, but the defense attorney for the case is currently interviewing Mr. Jason. Please come back later." Disappointed, Angel left the center and proceeded to her original destination. She then went up to the twelfth floor and knocked on Drake's door.
Bummer.

WAAAAAAAGH!

"Come in," Drake replied, still a little worried that it might be an assassin ready to slit his throat for revealing Jason's secret room.

Audere est facere.

Angel opened the door, and entered Drake's office. She said, "Detective Aquino, reporting for duty, Prosecutor Johnson. Where shall I investigate?" Noticing the prosecutor's slight apprehension when she first came in, Angel then asked, "Sir, are you still nervous about these assassins?"
Bummer.

WAAAAAAAGH!

"Um...a little," Drake answered. "Perhaps we should focus our efforts on finding Ulysses before we do anything else. Let's check his store."

Licensed Smartass

Ulysses was feeling very excited today. He was testing out his latest shipment, an entire case of FNX-40s from overseas. He was down-stairs in the firing range, letting off shot after shot into a target far off at the end of the room.

"It really purrs like a kitten, doesn't it?" He said out loud to himself, embedding another slug in the target's "heart". "I wonder though... Is it making things too easy?"
So, I've been giving this egg business a shot. Click for glory!

Spoiler: Eggs and Hatchlings
Image Image Image Image Image

WAAAAAAAGH!

When Drake arrived on the scene, he heard the gun firing, and checked the room, finding Ulysses. "Hello," Drake said. "Are you Ulysses?"

Drake was a bit worried that Ulysses might be an assassin, but he pushed it out of his head as being paranoid.

Licensed Smartass

Ulysses tossed the gun from hand to hand, firing each time. "Did you see that? Custom ambidextrous grip, nothing better on the market." He grinned at him. "Give them a few more years and you'll be able to fire with your feet. Give it a shot." Ulysses tossed him the gun, smiling widely.

"And yeah, I'm Ulysses. At least, that's what the shop sign says. How can I help you?"

WAAAAAAAGH!

"No thanks," Drake said. "My name is Drake, and I heard that you were involved with a murder that happened a couple nights ago on Elm Street. Would you mind giving me the information as to what happened?"

Licensed Smartass

Ulysses's grin seems to fade. "Ah, I see." Slowly, he walks to the door of the room, closing it behind him. "You traced my call then? You're with the police, yeah?" Ulysses stares at him carefully, fingering his gun holster.

Last edited by Noble Savant on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David shook his head.

"That's not the issue I want to talk to you about. If you had just kept your mouth shut you would be allright. Instead you threw the prosecution a bone. Had you not told the judge about the witness, you would be a free man."

WAAAAAAAGH!

Jason sighed. "It would've been an empty victory," he replied. "This could be very well be my only chance to get Ulysses, and change the tide of the war. The detective was right, there is an assassin organization at work..."

Jason closed his left fist, and out from under his clothes popped a Katar. "But she was wrong as well. There are TWO organizations at work here. I am on one, Ulysses is on another. Each one of the victims was on Ulysses' side as well. The war has been going on longer than anyone can tell. Some records claim that it started during the Crusades, in the Middle East. Others, say the feudal era in Japan. Either way, two assassin organizations had a major disagreement, and started a shadow war. None of us grunts know why we're fighting, it's even a rule not to ask. All I know, is that we've been taking down corrupt and evil people. Most of the world's governments, they're already on one side of the fence or the other, and they don't even know it.

"This country is neutral ground, because the laws in place prevent us from controlling it for too long. Ulysses and I have actually worked a couple times together. Some of the grunts assume that both organizations are actually one, considering that we have the same rules, the same equipment, and the same goal. I wouldn't be surprised at it being true either. Regardless, Ulysses is the killer. He struck down each one of his comrades in front of my eyes. I rushed across the street to break up the fighting, but alas, I could not stop him.

"I knew that this will be my only chance to get him. You're going to help me capture him. If for nothing else, do it to avenge the families who lost their children."

Licensed Smartass

After a moment Ulysses sighs. "All right then, here is what happened officer. Me a few of my friends were walking along, real casual, right? I decided to take them out to celebrate their new weapons." He shrugs. "Sure, they bought them from my competition, but I didn't hold a grudge. So we're walking along, they're waving their weapons around, goofing off." He smiles fondly for a moment, before looking seriously at him. "I crossed the street for a moment, I think I was going to get a bagel or something, and then Jason showed up."

Ulysses shuddered, looking from side to side. "He was real cool about it, but he killed my friends. All of them, swords and all. He was showing off too... Killed them with their own swords. Bastard... Me and some other guy tried to help, but Jason knocked him out." He stared at Drake for a long moment. "I was the only one left. I ran away, and Jason kept yelling at me about some weird rules. I called the police right after that. I've been here ever since, in case he comes to try and finish the job..."

WAAAAAAAGH!

"On what side of the road were you?" Drake asked, somewhat suspicious as to what Ulysses said. And if you say your side of the road...

Licensed Smartass

Ulysses cocks his head to the side. "Which side of the road?" He seems to think about it for a moment. "I started out next to my friends. When I crossed the street I sort of... passed by Jason." He made a vague crossing motion with his hands. "Not right next to him, but he was crossing at the same time, yeah?" Ulysses smiled. "And then when he started going crazy, I charged back across the street, just like I said. That's what you wanted to know?"

Ulysses grinned at him. "You know, it's quite liberating to get this all of my chest. With Jason safely locked up, and the police investigating, I can smile again knowing my friends are going to get justice."

WAAAAAAAGH!

Drake started to get wary. "Why did you cross the road. As in, what reason, not 'to get to the other side'."

Could he be...lying about all of this?

Licensed Smartass

"Oh, didn't I mention that? I think I was going to get a bagel or something. I remember seeing one of those street vendors." He shrugged. "Is that important? I thought the murders were the important bit here." He waved his hand in front of Drake's face. "You know? The people who died? My friends?"

David frowned, still upset with his client. If Jason was found not guilty then eventually the real murderer would likely be caught instead.

"So, you're telling me that this witness did it?" David asked to be sure. It was a little odd for his tight lipped witness to be giving away so much information so spontaneously. It made David a bit uneasy. Still, if this witness was the murderer, then it would only be a matter of proving it was him.

WAAAAAAAGH!

Jason sighed. "Yeah, he did. His reasons I am uncertain of, but I can't forget what I saw. Turned the street corner, saw Ulysses assaulting his allies. Bastard was tricky, killing them with their own weapons. Due to the code, I had to help him clean up. However, I wasn't about to let him escape unscathed. I left some vital evidence in his home. The murder weapons. Each one of them. They all have his fingerprints on them."

"You left some evidenc in his home, eh." David stated. "Well, if that's the case then I must thank you for doing that. I must ask, is there anything else that you feel the need to discuss?"

'This was great.' David throught. If he could obtain those weapons, and prove they were used by Ulysses, then the case would be his.

WAAAAAAAGH!

"Just one last thing," Jason stated, with a very serious look on his face. "Speak nothing of the war, especially if my daughter is within earshot. She highly admires me, which is why she became a blacksmith alongside me. I fear two things for if she hears of my second job and the war. The first is that she will attempt to join the war as well. She does not strike me as the murderous type. The second is that she will utterly hate me for this second job, which I would not be surprised by. I can't lose my daughter, not after what happened to my wife.

"Oh, and after all is done and over with, I recommend leaving town, if not the country. No matter which side triumphs, it's obvious that some assassins will take things poorly and try to kill you. Be very careful where you go after this is done."

Objection, Are you a dancin' masta?

(OOC Edit: Agh! I had it the first time!!! I'm mad now. :zenitora: the two character thing is messed me up ))

Softon turned up the street corner on a yellow-black motorcycle that matched his jacket. He was late, due to prior buisness, and was in a rush to get caught up. As he drove he spotted the witnesses store. He quickly parked his motorcycle and walked in.

"Sorry, I'm late. I had a previous engagement. Anything you can catch me up on?"
Thanks Double M (The Middleman)

Last edited by jayrock on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

WAAAAAAAGH!

(First off, David is not near Drake. He's in the detention center with Jason. Secondly, Drake is in a weapons shop with Ulysses)

Drake noticed Softon as he walked forward. "Just discussing a few things with Ulysses," he replied, turning his gaze back to Ulysses. "Now then, why would Jason go and kill customers that have given him good money for a while?"

Licensed Smartass

"I'm not really sure. Jason has always been strange like that." Ulysses shrugs his shoulders theatrically. "He sometimes disappears for a few days, and he's never willing to tell me or even his daughter where he's been. A mysterious fellow." Ulysses leaned forward conspiratorially. "Why? Do you know of someone who does have a motive?"

WAAAAAAAGH!

Drake shrugs. "No idea," he replied. "I'm going to need you for tomorrow's trial. You're probably the one who will turn this trial around."

Licensed Smartass

Ulysses grins at him, nodding quickly. "Now that's the sort of thing I wanted to hear. I will be the person who brings down Jason for killing my friends." Ulysses clenched his fist dramatically. "Just tell me what you need me to testify about!"

WAAAAAAAGH!

Drake nodded. "I mostly need you to explain what it is that you saw. The other witnesses were not very clear as to what happened, and Jason isn't talking at all. Thank you for your time," he said.

Licensed Smartass

Ulysses nodded. "Oh, Jason will surely talk today, you can count on that. I just wonder what he'll say." Ulysses picked up the gun again, firing a volley of shots at the target, tossing the gun from hand to hand between each shot. "Ambidextrous grip, very fancy. Goodbye Mr. Johnson."

WAAAAAAAGH!

"So long," Drake said, exiting the shop. I've got a very bad feeling about what's coming up tomorrow...

David nodded, very upset with what Jason said. Fleeing from an organization of assasins was not something he wanted to do.

However, he had to act quickly. David left the detention center and continued to the court house. He needed a search warrant.

He scheduled an apppointment with Mr. Juggles, hoping to convince him to allow him to search the witness' house.

David walked into the Judge's chambers. "Good morning, your honor. How are you?"

Ahh...Coffee...

Mr.Juggles noticed the defense attorney walk into his chambers.

"Ah, Mr.Files. Have a seat. So what do you need to talk to me about?"

The judge closed the book he was currently reading and put it away into his bookcase, it was called "Judging for Dummies."
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."

"Well, your honor, I would like to request a search warrant for the victims house. I am not very sure about this witness and I would like to inspect further into the matter." David said modestly.

It was imperitive that he get this seach warrant.

Ahh...Coffee...

"Hmm, I believe in any one trial, both the defense and the prosecution should be equal. Therefore I grant you the permission to take a look into the witness' home. After all, not much is really known about him, and it would be helpful for the court to receive as much information as possible."
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."

Softon ran after Drake out the store, "Hey, wait up!"
A lump was in his throat.
Softon was still clueless to everything in case, and was nervous on how it could go.
He lowered the zipper on his jacket to breathe as he tried to calm his nerves.

WAAAAAAAGH!

Drake looked at Softon, and sighed. "I guess that you need information on the case, do you not?" he asked. Cause in all honesty, I don't know much either...

"Yeah." Softon answered sadly as he fixed his jacket.
Page 1 of 4 [ 131 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House