Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House

Page 3 of 4[ 125 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: PA-9 - Turnabout Artist - Day one - TrialTopic%20Title

'One who should not exist..'

Den looked at Dimbo and tilted her head.
'One.. What identity?
Two.. I was going to meet.. the victim that night.'

''Grrrr... Mr. Rarikou, could you please convince this woman?''
Awesome sig by awesome Nadini!

I seek the truth

(You know from a criminal justice standpoint, this case is extremely odd. I just remembered how the preceedings go in a court: Prosecution presents physical evidence, prosecution presents testimonial evidence, then defense presents physical evidence and defense presents testimonial evidence. However since we are using Ace attorney courtroom, it works more like this: Prosecution presents testimonial evidence along with physical evidence. Then if we're lucky, the defense presents a witness of his/her own. So even from AA standpoint, this trial is strange, with Raikou presenting a witness shortly after the very first prosecution witness. However, I will allow it.)

Ethan shook his head, "No, there will not be a penalty for the defense. I will allow the question. But between both the defense and the prosecution, I will allow no more outbursts like what I just heard. Raikou, this is a court of law. You will not tell the prosecution to shut up. You may object to the questions asked and phrase your objections in a respectful manner. The same warning extends to you, Prosecutor."

(Dimbo, how should I do the penalty system, for future reference?)
And you will know the truth...and the truth will set you free.

The Heir to the Planet

Location: the place bewtten space and time, mind and matter. Yes, I am in the velvet room

"The Defense Rests on this witness." Rarikou shook his head
Son to electroboy . engaged to the lovely-girliedinosaur24 that's right: be jealous Oh yeeah, OriginalBubs is my crazy uncle., and I love sending him into oblivion
Time to feed the sandwitch and eat the baby!

Detective Redfield wrote:
(You know from a criminal justice standpoint, this case is extremely odd. I just remembered how the preceedings go in a court: Prosecution presents physical evidence, prosecution presents testimonial evidence, then defense presents physical evidence and defense presents testimonial evidence. However since we are using Ace attorney courtroom, it works more like this: Prosecution presents testimonial evidence along with physical evidence. Then if we're lucky, the defense presents a witness of his/her own. So even from AA standpoint, this trial is strange, with Raikou presenting a witness shortly after the very first prosecution witness. However, I will allow it.)

Ethan shook his head, "No, there will not be a penalty for the defense. I will allow the question. But between both the defense and the prosecution, I will allow no more outbursts like what I just heard. Raikou, this is a court of law. You will not tell the prosecution to shut up. You may object to the questions asked and phrase your objections in a respectful manner. The same warning extends to you, Prosecutor."

(Dimbo, how should I do the penalty system, for future reference?)

(Do a penalty for evidence presented incorrectly, like in the AA world)

The Heir to the Planet

Location: the place bewtten space and time, mind and matter. Yes, I am in the velvet room

Wait...

Hold IT!

Where did you get a copy of the blackmail letter? I have the only copy, and it's hiding place was locked!

Mrs. Den, did the police search your drawer?
Son to electroboy . engaged to the lovely-girliedinosaur24 that's right: be jealous Oh yeeah, OriginalBubs is my crazy uncle., and I love sending him into oblivion

Den shook her head.
'Not if they didn't find the key, and if you found it, that means it was still there..'

The Heir to the Planet

Dimbo!!!!!

Your honor, I demand ann inquiry into Dimbo, how did he get that leeter?

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

"Actually, I can attest to that. We were investigating the defendant's house yesterday, and there was a locked drawer in her room. So I picked the lock and took a quick pic of what was inside and made a note of the letter along with its contents." Dawn jumped down from the gallery and walked behind the prosecutor's bench where the aide was supposed to sit. "Anyways, there may be a connection with the letter and motive of the murder, but that's for you to decide."
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

I seek the truth

The Judge slammed his gravel down, "Order!"

He looked at the detective and said, "Detective Dawn, you are not a prosecutor's aid. You may not be allowed to stand next to the prosecutor. However, you may take the witness stand, if the defense allows. Afterwards, please return to the observer seats."

As he listened to the testimony, Ethan thought it sounded rather odd how the Detective obtained the letter in such a manner. Then, he began thinking about the case as a whole. He commented, "Defense Attorney Raikou, the evidence is certainly damning for your client. There is a gun with the defendant's fingerprints on it. Furthermore it appears your client may have a motive for murder, though I have yet to see this letter. However, the prosecution has yet to give one vital thing, decisive evidence."

He turned to the prosecutor, "Detective Dawn, Prosecutor Dimbo, your methods are peculiar. The good detective here only makes a picture of the letter while your prosecution office nearly loses an incomplete autopsy report. I would suggest you get your office into shape. Do you have any decisive evidence to present that shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that Denethrop committed the crime? Either physical or testimonial evidence?"

More as an afterthought, he said pleasantly, "Oh, and I accept the original letter into the court record."

(Whoever has the letter, post a copy of it already, so we may all review it)

((i had the letter, but deleted it by accident, so i can't give it exactly. Dimbo should have it.))
Denerop tilted her head.
'You.. took a picture of the letter?'
She shook her head.
'I don't get the point of that.. I mean.. hmm.'
Den looked at prosecutor Dimbo.
'Also.. i doubt that you'll have decisive evidence.. because.. because i didn't do it!'

''I am sorry about the misunderstanding, we couldn't find the key, so we used an X-ray device, and I did nothing out of ill intentions, anyway, here's the letter...''

((The letter said: ''The painter is corrupt, there is nothing I can do, give me the money you stole, and I won't burn your house...''))

The Heir to the Planet

{{...umm.... that was so not the letter you sent me.}}

"That tells me you didn't look hard enough... the key was rather obvious..." Rarikou said

He then shok his head, " At any rate, there is a problem here."

Dawn looked up at the gallery.
"Hmmm... Oh, yeah. Rarikou, you were the only one who had the key or knew the location of it. I find it a bit rude to take any personal possession of the defendant, so I just took data on them. Excuse me for a moment." Dawn walked out of the courtroom and into the gallery.

Rarikou wrote:

"That tells me you didn't look hard enough... the key was rather obvious..." Rarikou said

(I lost the original one, that's the one I sent to denerop...)

The Heir to the Planet

Dimbo wrote:
Rarikou wrote:

(I lost the original one, that's the one I sent to denerop...)

{{Then it will be my distinct pleasure to say: TAKE THAT!"}}

I now presnt the leter into evidence!" Rarikou shouted, tossing at letter at the Judge:

''I am a corrupt painter, I admit, but the money I gain makes it worthwhile, give it to me at the park at one o'clock and your identity will be safe!''

{I'm Not sure if they just toss things around, or what...}}

((Thank you Rarikou!))

I seek the truth

Ethan looked at the letter with surprise, "My, my, my! What an interesting thing for a defense to do, present a letter which proves the defendant actually had motive. This letter is the same letter the prosecution has, correct?"

The following affirmation sent ripples through the court room. The murmurings of the gallery rose so loud that the gravel was banged several times to have order. Ethan nodded, "Does the prosecution have any more evidence (Testimonial or evidence) to present for their case?"

''... No, Your Honor, I'll promise I'll investigate further, but now... Nothing...''

Dawn facepalmed. I guess he forgot about the witness again... She thought to herself.

I can see you, from here!

*WHAT? Nothing, what am I, chopped liver? I drag myself all the way over here for nothing?*, with a sigh OriginalBubs waits for further developments

((Should I throw a rock at Dimbo?))

I seek the truth

(You can object if you like)

Ethan looked at the defense and said, "Very well. I assume the defense would appreciate more time to investigate the case as well. Unless there are no more objections, I will adjourn the court for the day."

((I guess... an objection is in order here.))

:holdit:

"Have you forgotten so quickly, Prosecutor Dimbo?! You still have one more thing to present, and that is in fact... a witness!" Dawn stood up. "Shame on you for forgetting the testimony!"

The defense rests

I don`t think Dimbo forgot about the witness. I just think he doesn`t think is the proper time. Tough, only God and Dimbo knows. I think I`ll stay quite. After all, all I know is what was presented today. What kind of aid am I?

"..."
Image'Jesus told me: Go down there and play Ace Attorney!'Image

The Heir to the Planet

"How dare you consider me your average Defense attorney." Rarikou said. "I demand more time to investigae, considring half this evidence is leading nowhere!"

"Hmmmph, and I'm not your average detective. I would like to submit witness testimony to the Court Record, if that would be allowed, Your Honor." Dawn said.

I seek the truth

Ethan looked at Raikou, then at the good detective, blinking several times in surprise. He said, "This is most unexpected! I must disagree Raikou. The witness' fingerprints found on the murder weapon seem to be extremely valid in this case, as is the blackmail letter you yourself presented."

He turned to the prosecution, "Do you have a witness, Prosecutor Dimbo? If so, are you going to have him speak, or do you stick by your request for more investigation?"

The Heir to the Planet

OBJECTION

I object to the detecive's staements. She is not a proscution aide.

Furthermore, just exactly how are the valid?

Rarikou closed his eyes. “Think…think….no way.”“I Got It! The truth has become elegantly revealed to me!” Rarikou said, after bashing his head against the table. “I have a theory.”

THEORY TIME:

The actual killer had been planning to kill our victim. Said killer, planning to kill our victim, knew of the blackmail letter. He/she also knew the target of the blackmail. Now then, all the killer would have to do is obtain fingers and preserve them . That’s rather easy to do, the killer could have simply put tape on the door and confirmed that the prints were Mrs. Den’s.

Then the killer shot our victim, thoroughly wiped the gun, and placed the preserved fingerprints on the gun, where the hand would have been. This makes sense, sense the prints on the gun were too wide apart to have been gripped by Mrs. Den. This way, the cops would have been led in the opposite direction of the killer

Witch also raises the question of the blackmail letter. Mrs. Den killing the victim because she was being blackmailed is no motive. Mrs. Den is obviously extremely rich, or I wouldn’t be here right now, and I did not get money from the government. She could have easily gave the money, and continue on with her normal life.

:objection:

''Blackmailing is not a motive? She is rich? From where you get that from? And one more thing, how did the ''killer'' get the defendant's prints?11

Den tilted her head.
'Well.. i like, have that little home shop.. And, it opened like, two weeks ago.
For that, i gave a little party and everyone who wanted to come was welcome.
I was surprised at the amount of people.
After that, several people came to visit my little shop, so it could be the killer bought something from me and got the prints from that object..'

''Hmm... A likely story, but it is still a theory....''

The Heir to the Planet

Witch is why more investigation is nedded."
Rarikou nodded, "judge, you know what to do."

The defense rests

"Dimbo"... Richard whispered.

"Something is wrong about this story the defense told. Very fish, it is too convenient. You see, faking evidence is not that easy. Even using a tape. And, wouldn`t Den see or feel this tape? There are a lot of flaws in this theory, and I don`t think I need to point them to YOU, right?

So, my point being: this is a trial. Not a conversation betwen house wifes. I don`t think baseless "theorys" are welcome here. Can`t you use this on your favor? Like saing "objection, do you have any evidence?" and when he sais no, I think the penalty sistem comes on. If not, at least the defense reputation would go down. And we need the judge to belive us instead them, so I think it is a good idea.

The defense made baseless conjecture. Use this on your favor Dimbo!"
Image'Jesus told me: Go down there and play Ace Attorney!'Image

I seek the truth

The Judge slammed his gravel down and said, "While it is indeed an interesting theory, I prefer to think that the more simple story is true. I do believe there are ways to test and see if the gun is a forged piece of evidence, at least in that way. Bailiff, have the fingerprints analyzed again for how they are oriented around the gun."

(Dimbo, you are the composer of this story. You must report how the gun was held during the time of the shooting in relation to the fingerprints. For example, if the fingerprints were upside-down, the gun would probably be forged in the way Raikou is describing. If the fingerprints are oriented in any way that's not consistent with the suspect using the pistol, the evidence will show Denathrope did not fire the weapon)

((Should I PM you or say it here?))

I seek the truth

(Go ahead and say it here. If it's PMed to me, I'll just announce it in court anyway. I'll ask for a PM if I think it necessary. You'll need to take on the roll of baliff if he's needed later on)

((Sure))

''The bailiff just talked to me, he said the fingerprints were on a... Odd position, like if it was picked from the ground...''

The Heir to the Planet

"I'll ask again, Judge. I request more time to investigate. This confirmation proves t."

I seek the truth

The Judge nodded, "This new evidence seems to change everything. Very well. *slams gravel down* Since there is nothing more, I will allow another day of investigation. Then until tomorrow, we shall adjourn until the same time tomorrow."
Page 3 of 4 [ 125 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House