Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House

Page 2 of 3[ 114 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: KL-31: Turnabout Departure (Investigation Day 1)Topic%20Title

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

"Shouldn't we talk to Ema first? We might be on the case, but we don't really have the authority to investigate. ... Where is Ema anyway?" He scanned the crime scene until a familliar white lab coat caught his eye.

"Oh, there she is. ...Hm. Looks like she's interviewing a witness or something. We probably shouldn't interrupt."

smile

"Polly, she might get mad at us if we investigate under her permission! She might say, 'Hey! Don't touch that! That's my evidence!' We should just snoop around and see what we can find." Trucy said with a serious tone. She found Ema and tried to whisper to Apollo, "We should talk to that witness when she's done! We might be able to find a valuable clue!" Trucy said making sure Ema didn't see them talking in their outifits.

[A massive apology to any who I've held up in my temp. absence, especially you, Panda. I realize that I should have put a notice but I'm back now. Sorry once again! ><]

Renée's eyebrow ticked as the Detective with no fashion sense at all. Seriously, lab coat, vest and scarf? That was totally, last year. She frowned and breathed in heavily as she tried to calm down. Her trusty bottle of Windex fell back into her pouch along with the cloth she had also taken out.

Quote:
"Hm. While we're all stuck here, I'd like to hear your account of the murder, Ms. Tulcar."

She snapped on a fresh pair of white, latex gloves and crossed her arms as she stood in front of the Detective.

"Murder? You mean... Mr. Conner's murder? He... he..." A tear cascaded down her cheek. A finger wiped it away, stopping the oncoming storm. She sniffed. "He... was a good man. That... he was, Detective." Renée was lost in thought, a montage of memories of her and Mr. Conner in this very lounge. She had established a close friendship with all of her personal clients but Mr. Conner had been one of her favourites. He had understood her.

Suddenly, the door opened and her head snapped like an elastic band to watch as two troublemakers sauntered in the room. She flinched as the pristine and expensive persian rug they had decorating the floor of the iLounge was soiled by their cheap, weathered shoes and boots covered in mud. Renée felt like screaming but she knew that it was wise to not tempt the patience of the Detective. After all, the quicker this was over and done with, she'd be able to watch as Mr. Conner's killer was convicted. She imagined the moment and smiled.

Justice is sweet after all.

Renée turned her attention to the Detective who took out a notebook and pencil.

"My account of the murder? I can do that... I think. Is that all you want?" she asked hesitantly. There was so much she could tell her as to why Dee should be convicted. There was no doubt in her mind that she was guilty. That woman had to pay.

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

Apollo raised his index finger to the space inbetween his eyes in thought. (I'm not sure... if Ema finds out we're looking around without her permission, I'll be picking snackoos out of hair for weeks..)

"...Well... okay. No harm in a quick look" he decided.

*Examine: iLounge

"This place looks a little... clean for a crime scene. ... Maybe the murder took place in a different lounge?" (If this isn't really the crime scene, we're looking around for no- ... Huh?)

Apollo's train of thought was interrupted when he caught sight of a man nearby. He looked pretty shaken, and he was pacing in circles over and over.

"Who's that? Another witness?" If he was, Ema was apparently done with him. A very good sign indeed.

((RPer check on Frank Wintflya? Not much Apollo and Trucy to do right now.))

Captain Hair!

((Wintflya here and ready to RP!))

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

Apollo thought for a moment. (Well... not much to do right now with Ema over there. I should see what I can get from that guy over there.)

Giving Trucy a quick signal to follow him, he walked over to the pacing man. Upon further inspection, he looked more nervous up close. He was pale, slightly sweating... definitely a witness.

"Excuse me, sir? Could I ask you some things?" he asked.

Captain Hair!

Frank Wintflya continued pacing back and forth, deep in thought, when he was suddenly interrupted.

"Excuse me, sir? Could I ask you some things?"

Frank flinched at the unexpected appearance of this oddly-dressed man, but quickly regained composure as if nothing had happened. "Frank Wintflya at your service, sir. How may I help you?"

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

(Wintflya? What an... interesting name)

"Hello, Mr. Wintflya. I'm Apollo Justice... er, attorney at law." (If you'll believe that...)

"Anyway..." he continued. "I'm representing Ms. Leigh in court. I was wondering if I could ask you about what you saw."

Captain Hair!

Wintflya took a moment to recollect his memories. "Well," he began, "I actually didn't see all that much. Let's see...I believe I was in the iLounge at the time...At least, I think so..." He paused to think for a moment. "Ah, yes, that's correct! I was in the iLounge, just minding my own business and, er...Doing important, um...Working! I was hard at work! Suddenly, I heard shouting and glass shattering! By the time I had arrived at the scene, it was too late..."

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

Apollo blinked. "Uh... thanks, Mr Wintflya. That was... very useful." he lied.

(That was more jumbled and vague then a jigsaw puzzle! ... Well, he's obviously shaken from all the chaos. I should go easy on him.) "Though would you mind If you could confirm some things for me?"

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

Tap wrote:
"My account of the murder? I can do that... I think. Is that all you want?"

Ema flipped open her notebook and slid her sunglasses over her eyes. "Yes, Ms. Tulcar, I'd like to hear everything you can remember. Did you witness the exact moment of the murder?"

Out of the corner of her eye, she caught sight of a familiar red-vested lawyer and magician... creeping around her crime scene without her permission. Ema's hand tightened around her bag of Snackoos. There would be snack-related pain enough for the two once she'd gotten the air hostess's testimony.
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

My name is Judge.

((I'm gonna start posting as Katrina))

Katrina shot out of her office, slamming the door behind her with little care about being polite. She hustled down the hallway towards the elevator. Anton would have her head. She was looking over some past case files when she got distracted and dozed off. She was already three minutes late for the meeting, and with the cheif prosecutor, puncuality was of the utmost importance.

Punching the button to the top floor, she breathed. Her files were all dishevled so she tried her best to correct them. The door slid open and she walked brisquely down the hallway and tried to quietly push open the door to the conference room.

Captain Hair!

TheWrightWay wrote:
Apollo blinked. "Uh... thanks, Mr Wintflya. That was... very useful." he lied.

(That was more jumbled and vague then a jigsaw puzzle! ... Well, he's obviously shaken from all the chaos. I should go easy on him.) "Though would you mind If you could confirm some things for me?"

Wintflya began to calm down at this point. "Of course," he stated, "what would you like to know?"

Rock-On

((OK, so let's see how badly I mess up on my debut :sawit-2: ))

(How can she be so careless?) Said to himself Anton while walking back and forth with a folder in his hand. (She has no victories on her record and she allows herself to be late, when she should be here receiving her new assignment! It may be only two or three minutes but in her profession every second counts. If Ms. Rainsford doesn't show up in the next five seconds I will be forced to...!) At that spot his thoughts were interrupted by the slight sound of the door behind him being opened, with what he detected, a huge amount of effort to be as silent as possible.

smile

((Sorry I haven't been on... Logging in problems have been solved!))

"You said you were doing work, but what kind?" Trucy asked with suspicion. She noticed Ema's sour and angry face with her clenched bag of Snackoos. Trucy gulped. "Polly, Ema noticed us, we've been had! Rats, foiled again!" She turned back to the witness, "Is that ALL you saw?"

Captain Hair!

Frank shyly scratched the back of the head. "Well, to be honest, I wasn't really doing any actual work...I was just reading a magazine. But that doesn't change anything! By the time I heard glass shattering and saw what had happened, the murder had already taken place!"

Frank was starting to feel uncomfortable talking about the murder. He then noticed the detective glancing in his direction. (Oh great.) he thought, (This can't possibly end well...)

Last edited by Phoenix Minamimoto on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

smile

Trucy said, "You could've told us earlier. We wouldn't have been mad! You didn't see the exact moment of the crime?
Did you see Ms. Dee Leigh at all?" Trucy saw Ema glaring over at them! "Uh oh, Detective Skye looks gloomier than usual." Trucy sighed. So many questions were still unanswered.

Last edited by sparkleranger78 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Hair!

"Sorry about that," Frank apologized. "I actually didn't see very much at all...I was just minding my own business when I heard glass shattering and screaming, but was too late to do anything about it...Miss Dee Leigh had already been murdered..."

smile

"A glass shattering, are sure Ms. Leigh was the victim?" Trucy asked with suspicion, (Ms Leigh is our client!) "Do you happen to have any glasses? Polly! I think you should ask the questions!"

Captain Hair!

"...What?" Frank stopped and thought for a moment. "Oh yes, right! Mister Conner Coarse, I meant. I apologize, I've been getting so forgetful lately..."

((Sorry about that, I had got those two character mixed up! I suppose it worked out in my favor, since Frank is supposed to have a forgetful personality anyway))

smile

Trucy giggled, "All is well! I guess we are all forgetful! Look at Polly's outfit! He didn't give it to me to wash so I had to replace it! Polly! What did you have for breakfeast?" Trucy joked. Ema looked like she was going to bomb them with an air raid of snackoos and chemicals.

PandaPrinzessin wrote:
Ema flipped open her notebook and slid her sunglasses over her eyes. "Yes, Ms. Tulcar, I'd like to hear everything you can remember. Did you witness the exact moment of the murder?"

:testimony:

I was on my way to discuss a iFly deal with the victim when I heard it.

I looked over the rail... and saw his body plummet to the ground.

I screamed silently, weeping for Mr. Conner when I saw her.

The door opened to a private lounge that I knew to be the one Mr. Conner was pushed out of.

Ms. Leigh came rushing out but I grabbed her from behind and held her until police came.

Renée pulled out a tissue from her pouch and blew as tears cascaded down her porcelain cheeks. The Detective wouldn't understand how she felt when she saw his body drop. Mr. Conner had been her favourite client and talking about his murder was such a horrible experience. She wiped away her tears with a delicate, gloved hand.

"Will that be all, Detective? Or do you need to ask me more?"

My name is Judge.

Katrina knew all eyes were on her. Dammit girl, come on you've been here seven years, you KNOW better! She muttered an apology, "Sorry, I uh... was reading over my last case... time got away from me... and uh, yeah..." She took a seat down next to Klavier, who wasn't really paying any attention at all. He seemed to have tuned the meeting out and was probably jamming to one of his songs in his head. She rustled through her jumbled papers and tried to find the packet that was left on her desk that morning, something about a murder at the Airport....

Rock-On

Oh! So nice of you to join us Ms. Rainsford....finally!-said Anton while she was sitting down-Since we will be starting the meeting a bit late-started he while shooting a glance at Katrina-I hope you've all read the file on the case as we won't be reviewing it. From what I gather it's a straight forward case......Hmm...Ms. Rainsford! What do you think?-suddenly he said glancing at her with what everyone recognized as his piercing X-ray-like gaze.

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

((Uh, isn't Ema walking over technically godmodding? Panda has control over Ema and she's still interviewing Renee...))

Captain Hair!

((A huge apology!!! I must have misread the original post...Apparently Ema just looked in our direction and never actually began to walk toward us...So sorry! I'll go back and edit my posts accordingly right now...))

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

(It sounds like that's all he knows... for now, anyway.) "Just one more thing, Mr. Wintflya." he said. "What time would you say it was when you heard the glass shatter?"

Captain Hair!

Frank recalled his memories of that day once again. "If I remember correctly, it was early in the morning when I heard the glass shattering...Yes, that's right! In fact, it was very early - I remember it still being dark outside."

smile

((Sorry about the god-modding, all fixed!))

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

(Hm... "Still dark out"... so maybe 6:00 AM?) Anyway, that seemed like all he would be able to get out of him for now. It wasn't a complete waste. He knew more then he did in the first place, which was... hardly anything.

"Thank you for the information, Mr. Wintflya. It helped a lot." (For the most part, anyway.)

smile

"Well Polly, where too? Maybe we should gather some evidence and examine the crime scene!" Trucy said tuggig on his arm. She didn't want to be noticed by Ema. "We have to be quiet though!" Trucu whispered.

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

"Hmm... well, the crime scene is apparently one of the Private Lounges. We just need to find out where it is." he decided. (Now where could it be...?)

*Examine: Door

"Hm?"

Apollo's eye caught sight of a dark blue door labeled "STAIRS - PRIVATE LOUNGES 1-3". (...Bingo)

These stairs obviously lead to the crime scene. The problem, however, was Ema. She'd probably hear the door open, even over the sound of munching.

((Sorry for the lack of activity. Have real life things to take care of and I'm planning my own trial as well, but I'll try to update more.))

smile

"Cool! You found the way to the crime scene! Too bad it was unlocked, I love to pick locks!" Trucy smiled mischeiviously. She saw Apollo's face in how he worried about being caught by Ema. "We can always get a letter of request, Apollo!" Trucy suggested.

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

(A letter of request, huh? That sounds possible... but...) "Do we really have time? Think about it. By the time we go to the detention center, get the request, and come back, we might be too late."

He thought hard about it. He was in a pretty tough spot. There had to be some way past Ema... then he remembered something Mr Wright told him a few weeks back...

("Remember, Apollo. Being a lawyer is a lot like a game of cards. You always have to have an ace up your sleeve. Don't be afraid to take a chance sometimes, no matter how... legally questionable.")

Ignoring the very last bit, he thought about it for a few seconds. (Hm... an ace up my sleeve... wait... Up my sleeve! That's it!) "...Trucy! This may sound like a weird thing to ask, but... do you have Mr. Hat with you?"

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

Ema nodded, scribbling down a rough transcription of Renée's testimony in her spiral-bound notebook.

It was a good testimony- logical enough, cohesive enough that it could probably stand in court and there weren't any glaring flaws in it. The witness too, looked like she wouldn't be intimidated by any pranks a certain defence attorney might try to pull.

But still there was something about it that seemed... a little odd to Ema. She reached into her Snackoos and chewed one meditatively for a moment before speaking.

"Before I go and deal with some *munch* miscreants who are sneaking around my crime scene without a warrant, I'd just like to ask *munch* one thing. Ms. Tulcar, did you actually witness Ms. Leigh in the act of pushing Mr. Conner?"
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

PandaPrinzessin wrote:
"Before I go and deal with some *munch* miscreants who are sneaking around my crime scene without a warrant, I'd just like to ask *munch* one thing. Ms. Tulcar, did you actually witness Ms. Leigh in the act of pushing Mr. Conner?"

Renée sucked in a breath. Her heart started beating like crazy and she found it difficult to breathe. The question had shocked her on so many levels.

"Of course not, Detective Skye! She would have killed me too!" Renée placed a hand on her chest, taking in deep breaths as she looked at the Detective.

"I can confirm that Ms. Leigh was the only one in the room. There was only one other way to escape - jumping from the window but..." She giggled slightly at how absurd and crazy that sounded.

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

((RPer check on Trucy?))

smile

((Sorry, been busy with school.))
Trucy saw an angry Ema, "Polly, you and your snoopiness!" Trucy joked. "Maybe we should've gotten a letter of request..." Trucy frowned. "Perhaps we can ask her about the case, being lawyers and all."

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

((Ema is being controlled by Panda, so she won't be done interviewing Renee until she writes so.

TheWrightWay wrote:
Ignoring the very last bit, he thought about it for a few seconds. (Hm... an ace up my sleeve... wait... Up my sleeve! That's it!) "...Trucy! This may sound like a weird thing to ask, but... do you have Mr. Hat with you?"

That was my previous post, if you missed it))

smile

((Waah! I'm sorry WrightWay! I just saw RP check on Trucy and got worried and posted without thinking! D:))
"Mr. Hat? That's a big surprise, but of course I carry him around! Don't ask how! It's a secret!" Trucy giggled. "But now is not a time for a magic show at a Crime Scene! But if you really want to see him that much, just say the word!" Trucy said obiediently. She was ready to trigger Mr. Hat. "Didn't know you liked him that much!"
Page 2 of 3 [ 114 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House