Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 2 of 2[ 50 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Is anyone else P'ed off about the Cornered music change?Topic%20Title

At first I thought it wasn't very good, but now I'm in love with it :sawit:
Valentines Day Avatar by me, Signature by Vickinator

"...Naturally."

I've always liked the JFA theme, it was the first one I heard!
Engaged to Reiji!
Credit to Nadindi for the awesome sig! :D

The Biggest Pokémon Fan on court records

My Favourite Cornered Themes:
1-PW AA
2-JFA
3-AJ AA
4-T&T (felt it was a striped down version of the music that played with the trailer)

I have to really concentrate to notice how good the cornered music as I get an adrenaline rush each time one plays.

Mostly every game has an epic discovery track (varies between Investigation and Announce the Truth themes), a victorious track (usually Pursuit) and a fast-paced track (varies between Thrill and Announce the Truth themes).
For JFA, on top of having Hotline to Destiny, the Pursuit theme and Announce the Truth theme seemed to swap roles. Probably because of the last case
Spoiler: 2-4
as every time you come near to an awesome "case-breaking" contradiction it also means Maya's more likely to die.

Whilst JFA's Announce the Truth was more than epic and victorious enough to make up for the Pursuit, I think.

Masked Guy

I like it.

Im the defense and I can see PSYCHOLOCKS

Couldn't agree more, it just didn't give me the pumped up feeling the other Cornered themes did. IMO, JFA had the weakest soundtrack of the series :\ (Though, I did like the Announce the Truth theme or whatever it's called.)

They took some honey, from a tree...

I love JFA's music; might have something to do with the fact that JFA was my first PW game.

To be fair, listening to the Cornered themes on the DS doesn't give the song justice (ba-dum-tish!).
Listening to 'em on full blast through some nice headphones, however, does.

Through the headphones, you can hear many of the layers of the song that aren't punctuated enough through the DS speakers. The multiple melodies, the panning of the main melody, you can hear it all, crystal clear. It's quite fast-paced and exhilarating.

Which leads me onto another point; the main "feeling" I got from the first game was that each case was mostly "In your face Winston/Edgeworth/Von Karma, I proved your point wrong!", whilst the aforementioned prosecutors sort of floundered about in slight surprise. The victorious sound of Cornered 2001 really fits it. And it worked well enough for Edgeworth a few times; and he was the main antagonist! Phoenix Wright was generally a fairly laid back, relaxed affair, not counting 1-4, or 1-5.

Then came Justice for All. Things just got real. From the second you hear the opening bells of "Ace Attorney 2- Trial", you know that the atmosphere in court has changed. It's no longer a sort of affair where you wade through gently making your way to a fairly swift victory. It's now a battlefield. The pressure is on. It's not laid back, not with Von Whippingberg across the courtroom from you. You have to claw your way, bit by bit, to make even a slightly strong argument, before having it pummelled back into your face by a leathery whip of hurting-ness. The cornered theme reflects this. It actually sounds like there's a fight for someone's life going on in there. There's no time for feeling smug or victorious, the Judge and the Prosecutor won't be impressed. SRS BSNSS, Wright, SRS BSNSS.

And as for Announce The Truth? What the others have said is absolutely spot on. Very tense, almost shocking, as new evidence is brought to life, or the Prosecution break down your argument into yet another pile of meaninglessness. When you finally hear Cornered, you know it's very near the end. The murderer will be desperate to save their skin, the Prosecutor will be desperate to throw the facts back in your face, you'll be desperate to get this case over with to save your client, and the gallery will be desperate to go to the toilets.

To summarise;
PW: Gentle, laid-back, certain times of pressure/seriousness.
JFA: Court is in session, Wright. Buckle down, it's gonna be a fight to the death.
T&T: Hell has arrived on earth, prepare for an epic showdown.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

JFA's cornered theme is my favorite! It made me feel like the bad guy was cornering me instead me cornering them.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

sig+avi made by krazykaro

Hikarii wrote:
I don't understand why (almost) everybody seems to hate the JFA Cornered music. I played JFA before AA, and the Cornered theme was my absolute favorite. Even after I've played AA AND listened to GS3's Cornered themes, I still LOVED JFA's along with the other two.

Just as you looked forward to the Cornered theme in AA, -I- looked forward to hearing it in JFA. -It- gave me the feeling that I was kicking ass.

woohooo the same as you say partner :jake:
proud daughter of Romeo and krazykaro
brothers:Tap and Jaron sister:P!ATD
engaged to Donald Serrot

Rebirth

I couldn't get myself to enjoy alot of the soundtrack in JFA. The Cornered theme didn't give me that thrill of turning this case around and exposing a major development. The search time and the objection theme were too basic. But each AA game should have it's own cornered, objection, testimony and annouce the truth themes.
Page 2 of 2 [ 50 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)