Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 1 of 1[ 31 posts ]

Ben and Trilo...(Spoilers?)Topic%20Title

Something has always confused me...Were Ben and Trilo truly the same entity, or were they of separate minds?

Sure, the second one seems unrealistic, but using magical locks to uncover secrets is, as well. >_>
Re: Ben and Trilo...(Spoilers?)Topic%20Title

e × e = e²

Ben is a sick, sad, little man.
ImageImageImageImageImage

You can see Ben's lips move when Trilo talks...Ben is just a sick man...

How sick though? If Ben was truly nuts and "Trilo" is an alternate personality then you could definitely argue that they are separate entities.

I can see Ben just being weird a possibility, but I wouldn't rule out him being insane in his own way.

This is not spy

Why do I think of Calvin and Hobbes when I think of Ben and Trilo? O_o

Anyway.

Gotta agree with you guys. I always thought that Ben was just too shy, so he used a puppet to convey his feelings. But if stuff like spirit mediums and psyche-locks can exist, Trilo COULD be his own entity too.

My DeviantART account

Sexy Angie icon by me, sorry dudes. No stealing here, please.

Because you can't beat it!

They remind me of that one episode of Batman: The Animated Series with that ventriloquist mob boss and they couldn't tell if the puppet had a mind of its own or not.

Yeah... I seriously would spend most of his testimony just watching Bens lips move a pixel at a time- sorta mesmerizing, in a creepy kind of way. I think that if Trilo was just a way in which he expressed himself, though, he should probably do it differently seeing as he is the one who gets hurt for "Trilo"'s words.
Why do I find my avatar strangly ironic in this topic? Nick

Mighty Pirate, really!

I think I know how it goes.

You see, there's this old TV show named Soap that had a character just like Ben. A guy who had a puppet on his hand, and while the guy rarely speaks, the puppet was a crass, rude, and vulgar thing with an insult for everyone; except of course, a certain attractive lady.

I think it's a case of schizophrenia. Trilo is not another person, it's just Ben venting out frustration and anger through "another person," because he's not brave enough to do it on his own.

Comfy and easy to wear.

Mmm, I agree. Especially since Ben is clearly messed up (moreso than usual) when Trilo's not around. Not sure how the beating up of Ben via Trilo works, but yeah.

I'd love to see a psycho-analyst have a chat with half the characters from 2-3, though. They're all totally crazy... major egotisticism, serious lack of emotional maturity, compulsive need to.. um, drop busts on people...

Mighty Pirate, really!

Dannichu wrote:
Mmm, I agree. Especially since Ben is clearly messed up (moreso than usual) when Trilo's not around. Not sure how the beating up of Ben via Trilo works, but yeah.

Self-hatred. Ben is such a hateful person deep down inside that he cannot even stand himself. So when he's pretending to be Trilo, he's pretending so much that he actually thinks he's Trilo, like schizophrenia. And since he's 'become' this hateful being named Trilo, he hates this person named Ben, who's looks pathetic and wimpy in 'Trilo's eyes'.

Yes, I put thought into this. I am sad. Acro

Actually I thought Ben was kinda uselss in 2-3, other then his brief moment as a witness he really does not do much in the case at all.

This is not spy

Useful or not, Ben/Trilo/whatever is an/are... interesting character(s). =P That's why I love all the circus characters so much. In my eyes, they're so fun and interesting and messed up in their own little way.

Magmar's Fury wrote:
Self-hatred. Ben is such a hateful person deep down inside that he cannot even stand himself. So when he's pretending to be Trilo, he's pretending so much that he actually thinks he's Trilo, like schizophrenia. And since he's 'become' this hateful being named Trilo, he hates this person named Ben, who's looks pathetic and wimpy in 'Trilo's eyes'.

WHAT YOU SAID.

Schizophrenia makes sense. I was close, I just didn't make the connection. x.x Raaaaugh.

My DeviantART account

Mighty Pirate, really!

To anyone wondering, yes, I've taken a class in psychology.

I recommend it to anyone who likes writing. Although don't pick up a book on psychological disorders right away.

"Hey, Ini Miney is page 48! Regina Berry is 97! ... OH MY GOD, I'M PAGE 135!!"

Super Tuff Pink Puff

Fanfare wrote:
Why do I think of Calvin and Hobbes when I think of Ben and Trilo? O_o

Wait, Seriously? It nice to see to that I'm not the only who thinks that!

Anyway, I always thought of them as two separate "people" but after reading this, I'm not so sure anymore. Payne

no not like that

Well, I always thought Ben was just too shy to let his feelings out, maybe somebody laughed at him when he tried or something like that.
So he decided to use that puppet to get over his pain - and Regina. He knows she would reject him, so Trilo has to propose to her.

This is not spy

ButzPuff wrote:
Wait, Seriously? It nice to see to that I'm not the only who thinks that!

whoahlyksrsly

...Well, Trilo is very Hobbes-ish now that I think about it. Hardly acts like him, but it's not clear whether he's real or not. XD

My DeviantART account

WHEN YOU TRY TO BRING LOGIC INTO A VIDEOGAME CHARACTER, EVERYONE LOSES
Seriously. Ben does not have schizophrenia. He is not messed up in the head. He is a mass of pixels. He was designed and programmed to be comedic with his puppet. He is not real, and thus does not have any diseases that are not mentioned in the story.

Mighty Pirate, really!

Demonic Defense wrote:
Seriously. Ben does not have schizophrenia. He is not messed up in the head. He is a mass of pixels. He was designed and programmed to be comedic with his puppet. He is not real, and thus does not have any diseases that are not mentioned in the story.

Fun vaccum.

Lady Luckless

Magmar's Fury wrote:
Fun vaccum.

Seconded. This is a forum entirely devoted to fictional characters in a fictional game. Of course we're going to look into these characters beyond what little we're given. Character Analysis isn't something we just made up. If you don't like it, don't post about it. Simple.
Anyway, I really dislike how throughout the game, the only one who detached Trilo from his assumed personality was Max. I remember saying 'finally, thank you' to my DS when he was describing the fight scene. It was something like, and I'm probably butchering the quote...
Maya: Max! How could you hit Ben like that?!
Max: Well, he did call me a good-for-nothing, talentless hack of a magician...
Maya: But Trilo said that, right? Not Ben...
Max: Sweetie, there is no 'Ben' or 'Trilo'. There is only Benjamin Woodman.
Amen, bro.
"Show me an innocent... I'll show you a fairy tale."

Magmar's Fury wrote:
Demonic Defense wrote:

Fun vaccum.

Why thank you.

This is not spy

Nova wrote:
Seconded. This is a forum entirely devoted to fictional characters in a fictional game. Of course we're going to look into these characters beyond what little we're given. Character Analysis isn't something we just made up. If you don't like it, don't post about it. Simple.
Anyway, I really dislike how throughout the game, the only one who detached Trilo from his assumed personality was Max. I remember saying 'finally, thank you' to my DS when he was describing the fight scene. It was something like, and I'm probably butchering the quote...
Maya: Max! How could you hit Ben like that?!
Max: Well, he did call me a good-for-nothing, talentless hack of a magician...
Maya: But Trilo said that, right? Not Ben...
Max: Sweetie, there is no 'Ben' or 'Trilo'. There is only Benjamin Woodman.
Amen, bro.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Out of curiousity, why do you think they'd throw in that conversation? I guess... to keep showing how Max is so different from the rest of the circus crew? *shrug* I just find it interesting.

My DeviantART account

Mighty Pirate, really!

Demonic Defense wrote:
Magmar's Fury wrote:
Demonic Defense wrote:

Fun vaccum.

Why thank you.

Well hey, if you don't like debating video game characters in realistic mannerisms, why do you join a message board that is about discussing the characters and such? I mean, there's no need to tell us that we are basically wasting our time because he is 'a mass of pixels.' We are having fun with this topic, so there's no need to come in and siphon that fun away.

Soooooo not a Nazi!

I know dude. It's not like the Badger is actually gonna take over us all!
Blue Badger WHAT DID YOU SAY!!!
Nothing!
:badger: = awesomeness

Live life to the full

Ben and Trilo make me think of Scarface and the ventriloquist from 'The Batman'

Only the ventriloquist Scarface is with is doesn't stutter as much when he's alone and Trilo isn't a criminal. I think the ventriloquists, however, have a similar problem.

Wolfy...

...I personally just think that something seeped into the water at the Berry Big Circus...I mean, that's kinda an explanation for all the wierdos that hang out there...
If I could walk the Moonlit Night
Free of all human stress and fright...
If I could Howl my own Wolf Song
If I could right my Every Wrong...

Lolwut?

Maybe Max hit Ben in the head too hard with the bottle of juice... heh.

Then again--maybe not hard enough.
Too lazy... hur hur.

Magmar's Fury wrote:
Well hey, if you don't like debating video game characters in realistic mannerisms, why do you join a message board that is about discussing the characters and such? I mean, there's no need to tell us that we are basically wasting our time because he is 'a mass of pixels.' We are having fun with this topic, so there's no need to come in and siphon that fun away.

Objection

These forums are not just about "discussing the characters". There is an RP board, boards for talking about the games and gameplay, a game board, an introduction board, a news board, a "Gant for President" board, and much more.

So, members of the court, I did not just join a forum so I could discuss the characters. I joined these forums for the sheer fun and variety of all the boards.

I thank you.

*insert something witty here*

Ya, but if you don't like the topic then you are supposed to not whine at it (See early on the "Adrian Andrews: lesbian or LESBIAN:" topic) but just ignore it.

Lady Luckless

Demonic Defense wrote:
Magmar's Fury wrote:

Objection

These forums are not just about "discussing the characters". There is an RP board, boards for talking about the games and gameplay, a game board, an introduction board, a news board, a "Gant for President" board, and much more.

So, members of the court, I did not just join a forum so I could discuss the characters. I joined these forums for the sheer fun and variety of all the boards.

I thank you.

Fhn, fhn...
Objection
While they may not be "just about" discussing the characters, character analysis has played an obvious role in the forums. That said, nobody is telling you what you joined the forums for... only what you're posting. There's no law stating that one needs to post in all topics. If you did not, and I quote, "just join a forum so I can discuss the characters," why don't you go to the other boards on this forum that you've already mentioned?
The forums, as you stated, serve multiple purposes. Why not use the ones you enjoy and leave those having fun in here be?
"Show me an innocent... I'll show you a fairy tale."

Lolwut?

If I got a nickel... penny for every time I heard somebody whine and bicker while getting on their jerry-rigged soapbox stating "They are not people/animals/your mom, they are pixels" well, I probably wouldn't be here right now. I'd probably be off in my private island out in the Pacific and start a new country.

If you don't want to discuss the characters of the game, fine. If you want to roleplay, fine. If you want to run around every online forum on the net screaming "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!" then by all means... just because you don't want to do something that others like doing, then either go somewhere else or ignore the topics--because they certainly are not going to go away just because you decided to enlighten us about video game characters and their lack of existence--oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean video game characters, I mean a predetermined arrangement of pixels on a screen via programming.

Your life must be one hell of a boring existence then... I almost pity you.

*ahem* An now back to our scheduled programing. Meekins
Too lazy... hur hur.

Nova wrote:
Demonic Defense wrote:
Magmar's Fury wrote:

Objection

I thank you.

Fhn, fhn...
Objection
While they may not be "just about" discussing the characters, character analysis has played an obvious role in the forums. That said, nobody is telling you what you joined the forums for... only what you're posting. There's no law stating that one needs to post in all topics. If you did not, and I quote, "just join a forum so I can discuss the characters," why don't you go to the other boards on this forum that you've already mentioned?
The forums, as you stated, serve multiple purposes. Why not use the ones you enjoy and leave those having fun in here be?

Well, I actually do like discussing characters, but not to the point of DIAGNOSING THEM WITH MENTAL DISABILITIES.
Seriously, I don't think Ben would be happy with you guys saying he has mental problems. Sadshoe
Also, i'm an asshole.

Soooooo not a Nazi!

Well, Ben does need to see a phycologist or something. I think he is like Adrian in this regard
Spoiler:
Adrain is reliant on other people (co-dependecy.) Ben is co-dependant on Trilo. When Trilo isn't with him, ben can't funtion right.

Also, Demonic Defense, we're just trying to have fun here. What you said basicly says that "these people must be dumb if they think that a video game character is sick in the head." If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.
:badger: = awesomeness
Page 1 of 1 [ 31 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)