Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 8 of 13[ 488 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Re: My client, Matt Engarde, is...Topic%20Title

The cape is self-fluttering

Ouklae wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:
No, it isn't. It's a terrible reason.

Hey, hey now, she is annoying after the first game...especially when Pearls was added. The two of them just drove me nuts. Her dying in that way would be a great storey-que end to her character.

Also, imagine what angle that would bring to the game? Maya would say some sort of words over the radio to comfort Phoenix, saying she's proud of him and that truth is always worth dying for. He would then take those words to heart...understanding that, for Maya, he will devote his life in continuing to fight for what she died for: the discovering the truth to save innocent lives.

That forever she and Mia, reunited now, will always be by his side on his quest.

*sigh*

That would be my ideal ending...of course with Miles comforting him....as they connect and....*drives off into yaoi-land* :wendy:

I didn't say it wouldn't generate a great deal of drama. You are saying you want Maya dead "merely because" you "don't like" her, and that you find her "annoying." These are terrible reasons to have Maya killed off, regardless of how much justification is applied here.

Besides, with Maya dead, there would be no Trials and Tribulations. Even if Phoenix somehow found the strength to carry on (which I seriously doubt; he would lose faith in the practice for more than one reason), there would be no need to explore the stories of Dahlia and Iris or their connection to Morgan and Pearl, because there would be no need to murder a girl who was already dead.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Yeah, but then her mum wouldn't have died. And Pearl would become a goth.

Why HER!? Why HERE!? Why NOW!?

This is probably one of the most psicological moments on all the games: it shows which kind person are you, if your friends are everything for you or if you can think rationally. We had two choices: follow the path for justice for all (I got the real meaing of the game title?) and give a criminal the right punishment, even if this means the death or your best friend, or prefer to save only one person, the one you care the most, but with unbareble consequences all over the world? Everyone's sake or sake for one person?
The good ol' days I went to christian education, we had something similar (less epic, but still the same).

If you choose "Guilty", you can think in a more huge way in the present and in the future and taht woudl mean that justice and truth is more important than anything else. If you choose "Not Guilty", you're irrational, you can just throw the work and the Superior Good just for one person's security (or more people you love, it's the same).

Said that... I chose "Not Guilty". Yes, for me friends are more important than justice.

But your hair is such a tragedy to draw, dear Mr. I-created-Stigma.

Writing, drawing, singing, flashing, playing, for you. Stay lawed ♪.

NaruMitsu 4 evah <3

I choose "Guilty". Matt is one the most horrible character ever.
He had to be punished for the things he did.
Also, I think that it's what Phoenix would do. After all, I understood what Edgey said before, about what he discovered thanks to Phoenix: the aim of lawyers and prosecutors is to find the truth, not to obtain their verdicts no matter what.

I hope this is clear xD I'm not very fluent in English but I try my best LOL

Prosecutor

Quote:
If you choose "Not Guilty", you're irrational, you can just throw the work and the Superior Good just for one person's security (or more people you love, it's the same)

Or hyperrational. I picked Not Guilty because I believed that a defense attorney has no right to plead Guilty when their client demands a Not Guilty. If this happened in a real case, Phoenix would have to just say, "Your Honor, I'm afraid I can't represent this client anymore. He will need to find an unbiased public defender." Of course, that's not an option here, but the principle is this:

* If defense attorneys are told to fight for the truth, and not for their clients, then they become judge, jury, and executioner. If your attorney thinks you're guilty... you are ruined, even if you're innocent.

In this particular case, the client confessed to Phoenix, which means he can't represent him with a Not Guilty, but can't represent him with a Guilty plea, either. But if Phoenix pleads Not Guilty, he can buy Maya some time, and then try to prove Adrian's innocence. (He could do this in a few ways; the simplest is that Adrian wouldn't have withdrawn the massive amount of cash necessary to pay de Killer, whereas Engarde would have that on his record.)

Furthermore, Engarde could potentially be charged in Maya's kidnapping, so he wouldn't get off scot-free. He might. But it's not a certainty.

Rational weighing of the outcomes:

GUILTY: Maya almost certainly dies. Engarde is punished. Adrian probably lives, unless de Killer decides to go for the throat and force a false confession out of her.

NOT GUILTY: Maya probably lives, if our understanding of de Killer is correct. Engarde lives. Adrian dies if evidence can't be found to clear her before her trial.

So, even if we ignore Phoenix's duty to defend his scumbag client (and Mia's subtle urging to do so)... do we choose immediate certain death for Maya, or probable future death for Adrian?

OBJECTION!

I chose Not Guilty. I thought in that situation, I'd put my friend's life above the "truth" that would escape. Actually, though, I thought that this would be THE final decision and got scared ... so I looked up a walkthrough and found out that it didn't really matter >_<
It wasn't because I loved Matt and thought he was awesome. Not at all

Executor

Guilty, no one kidnaps my assistant, blackmails a honorable assassin, taunts me and shoots the tsundere prosecutor with the beauty mark. :hobohodo:

I mean damn, kidnapping your business partner isn't cricket.

Pride is just another trap that hinders us in our lives; That said one must have pride to be effective on the job.
-Franziska von Karma

Last edited by Joseph von Brewster on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A single man, looking for Truth.

This was an extremely difficult part in the game for me. I think I sat staring at my DS for about 30 minutes before saving, shutting off and walking away. And THINKING about it. In my heart I knew he was guilty, and I wanted him convicted SO BAD, but I also knew that Maya would certainly die If I didn't come up with something and FAST...

In the end, I chose guilty. I can't remember all of my logic that lead up to that final decision, but I seriously weighed all the options (feverishly, to boot). A lot of what other people's analysis' have been posted on here are what actually went though my head. Unlike others, I do my best to AVOID walkthroughs, so when this came up, I had to stop and think. I had no idea what would happen if I made the "wrong choice" but I tried anyway.

In the end, I figured, if I made a mistake, I would just turn it off and try the other... (LAME, yeah) But if this had somehow been a real court, and our real laws were actually Ace Atorneian laws... I think I would have walked out of the court room, or something.. It would have been too hard. In fact, I may have walked out on him as soon as I knew everything.. except that he had specifically requested ME, Phoenix Wright, to defend him.. so I guess if I walked away... Maya would also have died...

It's a tough call to make no matter which direction you face~

Apollo72 wrote:
:guilty:

Because if you think about it...
GUILTY = Maya dead (bad) + Enguarde in jail (good) + Adrian free (good)
but
NOT GUILTY = Adrian in jail (bad) + Enguarde free (bad) + Maya alive (good)
therefore
(bad)+(good)+(good)>(bad)+(bad)+(good)
Did that make sense?

I went with this sort of thought process. So obviously, I chose the 'Guilty' verdict. If I had to make this decision in real life...I'm not sure what I'd do. Probably have a heart attack or something.

What the Devil is going on here?

What ever you choose, Mia just makes you feel guilty for choosing it at the end anyway :\ I saved and chose Guilty. But then when I had finished the game I chose NOT GUILTY to see if anything was different. xD
~

Essa_L_M.E wrote:
What ever you choose, Mia just makes you feel guilty for choosing it at the end anyway :\

I didn't really feel guilty for choosing what I did. I felt like... "well, that makes sense." and thought about the real-world implications such a matter would hold. Then Edgey came over and I forgot what I was thinking...

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dieeeee

I picked Not guilty. I like scum-bags like Matt. He IS my second fav char. (Along with Kristoph Dahlia Karma Gant Luke Furio White FrAnk...Maybe not Frank. Richard Mimi Yogi. Alita, Only scum-bags! YAY!)

justice is always wright ;)

Detective Daryan wrote:
I picked Not guilty. I like scum-bags like Matt. He IS my second fav char. (Along with Kristoph Dahlia Karma Gant Luke Furio White FrAnk...Maybe not Frank. Richard Mimi Yogi. Alita, Only scum-bags! YAY!)

I can see that we think very diffrently :yogi:

The Twisted Samurai

. . .A kitty cat emo who cuts humself
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
. . .A kitty cat emo who cuts humself

LOL, awesome extrapolation of the thread title, Bravo!

ChipperXrules

Franziska's Whip wrote:
GUILTY. I hate Matt, and Maya said it was what she wanted, so whatever. Plus my oh-so-wonderful friend spoiled me and told me it didn't matter. Thanks a bunch. :edgeworth:

But I'm looking forward to my sister's reaction. "OHMYGODBECCAWHATAMISUPPOSEDTODOAAAH!"

Lol lady, you put a name out there! great. now people are going to stalk you.

I chose 'Guilty'.

My conscience got the better of me :edgy:

walterlikeschips wrote:
Franziska's Whip wrote:
GUILTY. I hate Matt, and Maya said it was what she wanted, so whatever. Plus my oh-so-wonderful friend spoiled me and told me it didn't matter. Thanks a bunch. :edgeworth:

But I'm looking forward to my sister's reaction. "OHMYGODBECCAWHATAMISUPPOSEDTODOAAAH!"

Amazing, I didn't realize there was only one person in the world who goes by the name of Becca.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Executor

Adrian in black wrote:
walterlikeschips wrote:
Franziska's Whip wrote:

Amazing, I didn't realize there was only one person in the world who goes by the name of Becca.

It is rather uncommon, to be fair.

Pride is just another trap that hinders us in our lives; That said one must have pride to be effective on the job.
-Franziska von Karma

c:

^ I have met two others though... .-. Not that this is really relevant to anything xD

Joseph von Brewster wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:
walterlikeschips wrote:

It is rather uncommon, to be fair.

'Becca' as an official name might be, but that doesn't mean a few of the 665,433 people named Rebecca don't go by it as a nickname.

...NAILED IT

Executor

Quote:
'Becca' as an official name might be, but that doesn't mean a few of the 665,433 people named Rebecca don't go by it as a nickname.

Ouch, you got me there. :redd:

-Franziska von Karma

To the Batmobile!

Guilty.
DragonsWebsite[closed]
You might know me from Dragon Cave Forums or Orange on my website. :) ~ Set by me

Wannabe Ace Attorney

My client, Matt Engarde, is a jerk. But seriously...

Spoiler: 2-4
When Maya told Nick to get a guilty verdict or else, I chose GUILTY. It was what she wanted, and it was also what I wanted. Matt behind bars, and Adrian free (at least, free from being accused of murder).

I also knew in the end, Maya would be all right. XD She always is.

AAO Trial Maker

Guilty, because he was. I was hovering over Not Guilty for five minutes, then though f it, he's guilty, I'm choosing guilty!

The Twisted Samurai

. . .totally unworthy of such an epic breakdown

My childhood right here

... A guilty bitch.
I said "Hmm...save maya, or save my record. Tough choice... Hrmm... OWAIT I beat t&t before this I know mayas o.k. GUILTY! GUILTY DAMN YUH!"

I chose Not Guilty, then Guilty.

My first choice was "Not Guilty" in order to save Maya. it did not occur to me at the time that Maya preferred the guilty verdict in the heat of the moment. It hadn't occurred me that Andrew would probably be sentenced so I only saw Maya as the innocent getting hurt, and I believe that it's better to let the guilty go free than an innocent person getting killed. If I considered those two options, I might have chosen differently. Given what I know now, I think I would have switched the verdict to "Guilty" since an innocent person would have been hurt either way.

However, my second choice was "Guilty" because that was the verdict Engarde deserved, and this was a decision I could make without having Maya or Andrews' life on the line.

From my brief skim of the topic, it doesn't seem like many people chose what I chose.
"What the hell is that wriggling piece of plywood!?"
"Old windbag sure has balls... er, you know what I mean."
"The miracle never happen."
"It was a dream, in the dream I was an apple, and I was being peeled!"

Last edited by YoyoYoshi on Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I saved before I had to choose...

But I choosed "Guilty", because I remembered :maya: saying that she want Matt see convicted, though it means she have to die. I said to myself, if :maya: want it this way, then I will do that!
(sorry for my english :payne: )
:lotta-angry: :moe-laugh: :oldbag:

Togehter, we're going to overrule the world!

I had no idea what would have happened afterwords. I was seriously thinking about whether to choose guilty and not guilty and in the end, I chose guilty.

It's Time

I chose Guilty. 3 aspects influenced me there.
1.)Being the client of De Killer. He is just a half of the true killer of Juan Corrida. Which makes him Guilty even if I am a lawyer who defends clients. I need to know the truth and proclaim the whole and utter truth
2.)Kidnapping, spying, blackmailing, lying about his true form, ordering a hit on Franziska. These things really describe someone who would do ANYTHING to be free of any mistake and would do ANYTHING to persuade for an acquittal
3.)It takes a single sacrifice to save plenty. Even though Maya "would've" died. Engarde will be brought to justice and Adrian will be free of anything
Credits to PandaPrinzessin and Midnight Jasper for the sig and avi
Image Image

Addicted to Coke and crack... wait

I chose guilty the first time because otherwise Maya would forever haunt Nick, plus I felt bad for Adrian. Second time I chose not guilty for teh lulz.

Spoiler:
I felt Engarde's breakdown was much more satisfying with Phoenix telling him to "enjoy what freedom [he had] left."

Elimentary!

I chose Guilty.

I did feel bad for Maya as i made the choice, but i believed justice should run its course in regards to Matt Engarde. He deserved to be found guilty!

Spoiler: And then...
Of course Franziska showed up and saved the day with her bundle of evidence!! And thats one of many reasons why i think Franziska is awesome ^_^ :franny:

Check out my Graphics page :D!

The Trusty Nudal!

I chose guilty... I don't like the idea of Maya killing me.
Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

I'm a Zebra, betch~

I about freaked out and called my friend when it came to that. It was the night we had a bad storm and teh lights went out, and my DS battery was about to die.

I chose not guilty. and then my DS died. xD
I'm a Zebra, betch, and don't you forget it~

I chose guilty. I couldn't look at Adrian and have her convicted for something she didn't do.

Plus, I totally hated Engarde. He was such a cruel man, I wanted him gone forever. And Maya told Phoenix to choose guilty, of course.

[/failure]

Apollo72 wrote:
:guilty:

Because if you think about it...
GUILTY = Maya dead (bad) + Enguarde in jail (good) + Adrian free (good)
but
NOT GUILTY = Adrian in jail (bad) + Enguarde free (bad) + Maya alive (good)
therefore
(bad)+(good)+(good)>(bad)+(bad)+(good)
Did that make sense?

Or... GUILTY = Maya Dead (-12 points) + Engarde in jail (+3 points) + Adrian free (+3 points)

NOT GUILTY = Maya probably alive (+10 points) + Engarde free (-3 points) + Adrian probably jailed (-2 points)

I mean, is it just me, or is death much more serious than being jailed?
[rant]

[/rant]

The Twisted Samurai

. . . A furry. :shoe:

Just a random passerby

...Freddy Kruger. Or at least wants to be.

I chose Guilty both times. Even though I like Matt, I made my desicion as if I were Phoenix.

The one and only

... Franziska von Karma.

Spoiler: Evidence
:phoenix: : Matt Engarde is...
:franny: : *whip* Objection!
:phoenix: : F-Franziska von Karma!!

But seriously, I chose Guilty, because Maya wanted me to do so.
Page 8 of 13 [ 488 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)