Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 2 of 2[ 45 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Anybody else find this creepy?Topic%20Title

Great Revival

luck wrote:
In my country (Spain) age of consent was 13 until this summer (now it's 16) and that doesn't mean people found normal for adults to sleep with teenagers. Sure, you couldn't get arrested for it, but you'd probaly be out of job and friends as soon as they heard of it, and everyone would call you a creepy weirdo.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that if you were 31 and your partner was 25, people still would think it's weird.

And if I knew you, I'd say you're creepy for being in a relationship at all.

In Germany, the age of consent is 14. Adults taking sexual advantage of teenagers still get very much arrested.
And I hear there are some US states where sexual actions between teens are fine, but the same actions between a teen and an adult are not.

Well, adults taking sexual advantage of minors were arrested in Spain before, too. It's just that not every case of adults having sexual intercourse with a teen were considered that. It only was considered sexual abuse if the adult 'used deception or a position of trust, authority or influence over the victim' to do it.

Of course, there aren't a lot of teens that would willingly sleep with adults. Nor a lot of adults interested in sleeping with 13 years old. So the chances of if happening were pretty low. That's why nobody was really concerned about it or trying to get it changed.

But the goverment did recently a massive reform of the crimminal code, and they changed it while they were at it. Now having sexual intercourse with anyone under 16 it's always an offence, unless you are 'close to them in age and maturity' (No idea how they measure maturity). For people between 16 and 18, it's an offense if the adult 'uses deception or a position of trust, authority or influence'. All of this if the person in question gives their consent, obviously. Otherwise, it's just rape at any age.

Bidoof bidoof bidoof is on fire

luck wrote:
In my country (Spain) age of consent was 13 until this summer (now it's 16) and that doesn't mean people found normal for adults to sleep with teenagers. Sure, you couldn't get arrested for it, but you'd probaly be out of job and friends as soon as they heard of it, and everyone would call you a creepy weirdo.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that if you were 31 and your partner was 25, people still would think it's weird.

Yikes, thirteen? I hardly knew anything about sex when I was thirteen aside from the basic idea. Oh man that should not have been the age of consent.
I... feel foolish.

My tumblr: http://www.polkadot-cookie.tumblr.com
My Apollo-centric sideblog: http://www.chords-of-fine.tumblr.com

If we don't have order, Prosecutor Blackquill will yell at us!

Last edited by Nado13579 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace Gamer

The logic in that case is bad anyway.
Currently Playing: Case 5-5

Do you want to know where an instrument sample that was used in Ace Attorney music was sampled from? Check out my VGM Instrument Source Table!
Page 2 of 2 [ 45 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)