Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 3 of 3[ 100 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: When did you realise that... (MASSIVE case 4 spoilers)Topic%20Title

...drinks 17 rootbeers per trial

I warned you I have an overactive imagination! I WAAAAAAARNED YOOOOOOOOOOOU!

Meep! *Runs like hell*
Stereo's Ace Attorney Chibi Project!
36/80 finished. Currently working on: Redd, Ini, Ben & Trilo, Lotta

Stereo wrote:
I warned you I have an overactive imagination! I WAAAAAAARNED YOOOOOOOOOOOU!

Meep! *Runs like hell*

Heh, I think that would have been an awesome plot twist, it's just that the joke wrote itself, you know?

It's stuck?

That case was hell. I went through it all again just because I forgot all that happened. The first run-through was hell though. Big huge gathering...Maya gets nabbed by some creep, suspicious murder happens just a hallway down...Pretty ordinary so far. :yogi:

Killer reveals quite a moral standard of himself. Seems really trustworthy.

Pearls doesn't trust Matt and begs Nick to ask the question...o_O

Okay so the killer stated that someone has framed his "client" for his professional type murder service and Matt states that he "didn't kill anyone."

No psyche locks appear. :eh?:

There are two things running through my mind at that point:
1. Matt did not personally kill anyone.
2. Innocent or not, whoever rearranged the crime scene is going to jail.

Then it hit me: The killer is already known but cannot be presented. This means the majority of my investigation is going to involve proving an innocent person guilty while a guilty party is going to be stricken with mental/emotional guilt.

Two things happened during the investigation that threw me off:
De Killer stated his client is under suspicion of murder. Adrian Andrews messed with the crime scene and it suddenly became known that Adrian was the killer's client. This contradiction threw my thoughts in all direction. I had to think back to De Killer's reason for his actions and that's when the truth revealed itself. Matt's two-face thing didn't bother me as much as it should have. There are already too many messed up people in the world for me to judge anyway. :yuusaku:
Lana_Skyes_Heart wrote:
SO I was stuck all day inside the changing room with nothing but a glued on bra.

Panty thief strikes again! :-P

Prosecutor

The moment Nick asked if Matt had killed Juan, I thought, "You're missing something there." From then on, it was pretty clear. Even when it was obvious that Adrian tampered with the crime scene, my opinion remained the same. Now, if Adrian's tampering with the crime scene had been revealed in the SECOND trial segment, and Matt hadn't been stupid enough to stop playing dumb, I might have been fooled.

For example, what if, right before you got Matt's reveal, you had been ushered out of the room because he had to go to trial? And you were placed in a position where the only things that pointed to Matt's guilt were Edgeworth's insistence... and the mountain of evidence against Matt? I'd have had my confidence shaken, I know.

OBJECTION!

Thoughts:

Spoiler:
Was the "secret" of Matt's actually that he WAS a psychopath/split personality?
When Adrian started talking about "what happened last time" I thought she was saying Matt had actually killed Celeste and she hadnt commited suicide at all.
If Adrian wrote the "suicide note" saying Matt was evil, she must known this for a while, why did she continue to be Matt's manager?

Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

PCHOOO

Snifter. Brandy snifter. Not sifter.

For some reason, I can't seem to remember the point at which I knew Matt was the one who hired DeKiller... I distinctly remember recognizing the cat door, but I also remember being shocked when the hair flip happened... :yuusaku:

=D

when i found out the kidnappers name was dekiller(when he told you the first time)it was obvious why would he want me to defend matt engarde? and his name dekiller made gave me a suspicion about him being an assasin my thoughts were confirmed when engarde had no spyche(sp?)lock and Adrian Andrews was way too umm...well it just could'nt have been her

Hmmmm i don't know i had my suspicious from the very beginning,

Spoiler:
i think i knew at some point phoenix was going to have to figure out what it really meant to be a lawyer and for some reason i felt like it was going to be that case. but i knew for sure once Maya had been kidnapped. and phoenix was told he had to get Engrade the acquittal.

For justice I fight

I knew from the very start of this case that something was up..... I suspected that "phone call" that Maya got, considering that she did not really know anyone in the city. I thought that Matt was using some kind of trick to avoid the magatama's power. (like he did not directly kill him but was still involved) But the confirming moment for me was when de Killer first contacts us with the transceiver. And I loved it. :karma: Ever since the first game I had been hoping for Phoenix to have to defend someone who was guilty. This is by far my favorite case of the games I have played. (AA1 and AA2)

Quite honestly? Very early on in the case. Like, I think it was still part of the introduction. Or it was the first scene after the introduction... basically, it happened at this point.

Spoiler:
In the Detention Center. I instantly knew Matt was in on this because he reacted to the words 'De Killer' Phoenix mentioned.

C-A

Logic ~ The Way To The Truth

Spoiler:
I realized it as soon as I got to Engarde's mansion to feed his cat Shoe. I noticed a peculiar looking door with a passage for the cat, which I had recognized from the gameplay segment with Maya as she was leaving the Wine Cellar.

ImageImageImage

Get away from my Miles, you old windbag!

The video game boy; the one who wins

Looking back it was very clear that something was up from the get-go, what with the whole kidnapping scheme, the reason they did the pysche-lock-check at all, not to mention lines such as "I see no psyche-locks, that means he must be innocent" just begs to be proven wrong. Of course I questioned why someone would bother to kidnap and blackmail just to get an innocent person declared not guilty, but when they tried the Magatama on him I just brushed it off and figured it would have some explanation later on, because the clients are never guilty. I also think that when I played the first two games or so I kind of had some deliberate ignorance going on to keep up the suspense all the way through, I didn't reflect on the circumstances very much but rather just went along with everything that happened, and that way when the revelation happened I had it somewhere back in my head that it wasn't totally unsuspected, but it still worked on me; I still got the "whoa" feeling. Nowadays that doesn't work though - instead I try to figure out stuff beforehand by trying to think like the writers. :edgey: I'd like to see another case with a guilty client though, the concept in itself can make for some interesting gameplay.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

I thought something was very off with him almost immediately, I had this nagging feeling. I don't recall exactly when I realized it "for certain", but I suspected it very early on.
Now, when I watch a playthrough of the case I'm thinking "damn, it was all so obvious", but when I played it, it was more a general gut feeling than logic and reasoning. :edgey:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Great Revival

I was thinking something like, "There's usually evidence against my client...but not this much!" And then very slowly it fell into place and I went "Holy fuck...he kidnapped Maya, lied to his lawyer and even a professional assassin? That's just stupid!" And I thought that until he flicked up his hair, and it became clear, Matt Engarde is a prick.

The whole 'no Psyche-Lock' thing really reeked of him cheating on it somehow, so it was from the start.

Great Revival

Sligneris wrote:
The whole 'no Psyche-Lock' thing really reeked of him cheating on it somehow, so it was from the start.

Huh? How was it suspicious? He asked if Matt killed him, and he didn't. Like most clients...
I'm just wondering, was there a piece of text I'm forgetting? Or are you simply smart as crud?

A Kirby and AA fan

It was in the phrasing and timing. I can see what Sligneris is talking about

The cape is self-fluttering

I don't think there was an "aha!" moment for me. It was just a possibility I felt like I had to be open to. Though I suppose you could say once Edgeworth revealed that Matt had ordered the hit, more "seeds of doubt" were planted. I still think the case could have gone the other way if they'd wanted to--where Adrian ordered the hit on Juan, and set Matt up to take the fall. (Of course, Matt would still be a jerk either way.)
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Swimming, Anyone?

I dont know how i can put this but.... I thought he was guilty since maya was kidnapped. The fact I was being blackmailed(Blackcalled?)To find him innocent was just offputting. If he really was innocent then I wouldnt have any problem solving the case.
Add me on steam! Its Kururu the engineer nightmare! And wii u! Thats lowcatzrock.
OLD BAG IS A HOOWITCH

Swimming, Anyone?

WaitingforGodot wrote:
I thought something was very off with him almost immediately, I had this nagging feeling. I don't recall exactly when I realized it "for certain", but I suspected it very early on.
Now, when I watch a playthrough of the case I'm thinking "damn, it was all so obvious", but when I played it, it was more a general gut feeling than logic and reasoning. :edgey:

This. I felt it from the get go as well. I just felt dirty and didnt feel the normal feeling of solving a case from this one.
Add me on steam! Its Kururu the engineer nightmare! And wii u! Thats lowcatzrock.
OLD BAG IS A HOOWITCH
Page 3 of 3 [ 100 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)