Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 3 of 3[ 96 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: What does Godot's visor do? SPOILERTopic%20Title

Humph.

Godot sees the world like Kirby's world and he sees himself in the mirror like this- http://somedumbgamer.deviantart.com/art ... y-58844385
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.
Bought an apartment at the Otaku.

Scary Cat

Here's my theory about Godot's visor. It is indeed a camera, and it runs directly to his brain.

I do remember hearing about a successful real-life surgery that gave a totally blind woman visual input through a camera to her brain. Her newly-acquired vision was extremely limited though, since the scientists weren't able to fully transmit signals to the brain. However, twenty-something years after that experiment, We may be able to transmit a larger amount of signals to the brain. But in this case, I guess they can only transmit signals to the part of the brain that processes the color red, which could be the parts that process signals from the red cone cells in the eyes.

And the mask could still be knocked off, despite the connection into the brain, because it would be simple to have the mask fit into a socket, kinda like a miniature USB port.

And it looks the way it does because Godot wanted something that looked badass, and could make toast and coffee. XD
Image Avatar/Signature sprites done by good folk at Crystal Gun Girl Game

The thread killer (avi THANKS TO COLD52)

Coffee machine, nuff said.

Waiting on Godot...

OnyxAlchemyst wrote:
Here's my theory about Godot's visor. It is indeed a camera, and it runs directly to his brain.

I do remember hearing about a successful real-life surgery that gave a totally blind woman visual input through a camera to her brain. Her newly-acquired vision was extremely limited though, since the scientists weren't able to fully transmit signals to the brain. However, twenty-something years after that experiment, We may be able to transmit a larger amount of signals to the brain. But in this case, I guess they can only transmit signals to the part of the brain that processes the color red, which could be the parts that process signals from the red cone cells in the eyes.

And the mask could still be knocked off, despite the connection into the brain, because it would be simple to have the mask fit into a socket, kinda like a miniature USB port.

And it looks the way it does because Godot wanted something that looked badass, and could make toast and coffee. XD

Very Cyber punk. Unless it was all wireless. We have the technology now days for low res wireless video. I imaging his res would go up, but it'd need to be powered somehow, so I see his visor fitting there.
ImageImageImageImage

Scary Cat

Well, the visor itself will have batteries, that's a given. A receiver in the head may not need a lot of power, so who knows, it could be powered by harvesting electricity produced by Godot's brain itself.

Of course, if it's wireless, Godot will have to be careful, because things could interfere with the signal. Static is bad enough, but it's worse when it's going straight to your head. XD

Waiting on Godot...

And you could hack his vision :cody-shock2: This could be fun >:)
ImageImageImageImage

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

OnyxAlchemyst wrote:
Well, the visor itself will have batteries, that's a given. A receiver in the head may not need a lot of power, so who knows, it could be powered by harvesting electricity produced by Godot's brain itself.

Of course, if it's wireless, Godot will have to be careful, because things could interfere with the signal. Static is bad enough, but it's worse when it's going straight to your head. XD

:objection:
I would think his cellphone would interfere with it! He carries it at all times, don'cha know. That puts a damper on the wireless theory.

Scary Cat

GigaHand wrote:
OnyxAlchemyst wrote:

:objection:
I would think his cellphone would interfere with it! He carries it at all times, don'cha know. That puts a damper on the wireless theory.

:holdit:
It all depends on the frequency of the interference. We are constantly bombarded by all kinds of different frequencies of light, but only at the right frequency will they start interfering with things. It would be quite simple to have the receiver in Godot's head be at a much different frequency than any cell phones. But since there is such a glut of signals going everywhere, there may be one that could worm it's way through. However, this would be uncommon, and may not even create much interference at all.

However, it IS more efficient and (relatively) safer to run the signals through a wire.

Well, AA is set about a decade in the future. Mimi was able to have her face recreated amazingly accurately and the employees at Blue Screens inc. are all provided with those blue goggle things free of charge. It's no exaggeration to think that a previously untreatable kind of blindness could be cured.
:fire:

All hail Dahlia, godess of death chains.

Scary Cat

Bythos wrote:
Well, AA is set about a decade in the future. Mimi was able to have her face recreated amazingly accurately and the employees at Blue Screens inc. are all provided with those blue goggle things free of charge. It's no exaggeration to think that a previously untreatable kind of blindness could be cured.

Right. But right now, we're kinda putting out theories about HOW they "cured" it. Keep in mind that Godot, while he can see, he can only see in shades of red, so I don't really think he can be called "cured". It's the same principle as giving an amputee a prosthetic. His or her mobility/dexterity is improved over what he or she had before, but it still isn't as good as a real arm or leg.

If you have any theories about how Gotot's visor works, or if it's secretly a coffee machine, we'd love to hear your thoughts. Image

Waiting on Godot...

I have sci-fi, steam punk and modern day theories >.> Most lead to him having SOME sort of vision, even if all he can see is light. I think I've repeated them enough though >.>
ImageImageImageImage

Scary Cat

Yes, I don't think either of us need to repeat ourselves again. XD

On another note, I have an idea of how to do a Godot cosplay that has his mask actually able to dispense coffee. After I knock out a few obvious kinks, I'm going to post it in the cosplay forum with the hope that a savvy cosplayer will be able to make it work. :godot:

Just another fangirl...

Location: A land of fires, mudslides, and the occasional earthquake

OnyxAlchemyst wrote:
Right. But right now, we're kinda putting out theories about HOW they "cured" it. Keep in mind that Godot, while he can see, he can only see in shades of red, so I don't really think he can be called "cured".

It's been awhile since I played T&T (something I hope to rectify soon, actually), but since people keep stating as fact that he only sees in shades of red... did he ever say as much in the game, or are we all operating on assumption because of the color of what we assume to be the optical inputs on his visor?

I'd speculate that the poison that put him into a coma damaged his brain, resulting in his severely impaired eyesight because he can't properly process the visual information. However, if the damage is in his brain, then it's quite miraculous that his eyesight is the only thing that's been impaired; poison run rampant in his central nervous system damaging enough to put him into a coma for however long and blind him ought to have wrecked havoc with his hearing, motor control (no throwing mugs at helpless defense attorneys!), as well as speech and so on.

Of course, this is the NEAR-FUTURE, so maybe medical technology has improved enough to permit better rehabilitation after a trauma like that, and maybe his eyes will get better given sufficient time?
"Violence is the last resort of the intelligent, and the first resort of the incompetant." -FFA

Scary Cat

I think there was a contradiction in one of the cases where gotot failed to mention a bloodstain or something, and Godot said it was because he could only see in shades of red. That's what I remember anyway.

And if his sight does recover, that leaves a burning question in my mind: Would he keep wearing the visor anyway because it makes him look badass? :godot:

Waiting on Godot...

He can't tell the difference between red and white, so it's like looking through cellophane. I'm sure that the coma damaged the cones in his eyes, and not so much his brain- more his motor skills. I donno thoguh. It's real scratchy what is wrong with him :/

All I know is if he can't tell the difference between red and white, then he's had some major damage there. He's missing 5/6s of the colour spectrum when he sees. Goodness knows what his eyes were like before that though. That is unknown. I wonder whether or not he's just legally blind. That makes sense that we could cure legal blindness in 20 years time. Death of neuron paths and cone replacement is high end stuff. Laser technology is no where near good enough for that. If it were 50 or more years I'd buy it. 10-20? Legal blindness I buy.
ImageImageImageImage

«ѦςϵϟƤɍѳςɍαȿϮɩηαϮѳɍ»

I'm not going to reply to the above posts, looking at the dates anyway... But I think that the visor is like a replacement for rod cells, which would mean that Godot can only see red and black, (since rod cells are only active in low light, white would appear invisible to him). Any other type of normal color blindness involving cone cells would be different, for example, red would appear as a dark grey, and white would be normal.

Compare:

Normal:

Simulated Godot-vision:
Page 3 of 3 [ 96 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)