Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 2 of 4[ 159 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Who do you think is....(ENORMOUS SERIES SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

True love is forever.

She hated her mother, but clearly loved her sister (its a twisted love, but still love). I don't believe for a second Dahlia did the kidnapping for Morgan's sake. If she was so sorry for her mother, why not return to Kurain to be with her and try to make things better for her? Instead she stays close to Iris. I do believe that the kidnapping was about being separated from Iris. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Dahlia is not trustworthy and Dahlia pretending to be Iris is even less trustworthy. And I agree that the image of them being separated by force make me want to cry. :nixiesob: :larry:
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25

Soooooo not a Nazi!

I agree with a lot of things. For one, considering Dahlia's past, she can (kinda) be seen as sypmathetic. When you look at the first crime (the fake kidnapping), you can sorta see it. But everything after that is a last ditch effort to cover up that first crime. She murders Valerie and frames Terry to cover up the first crime. She poisons Diago to cover up Valerie's murder and Terry's sucide. The attempted murder on Phoenix is to cover up the poisoning, and Doug's murder is to cover up the attempted murder. After murdering Valerie, Dahlia lost any sort of sympathy from me (which was very little, actually. Maybe if I played case 4 before case 1...)
:badger: = awesomeness

Bump.

Prosecutor

In the first game, I would say Dee Vasquez. First, someone very close to her, judging by the flashback, dies in a freak accident. She then tries to take her revenge by pinning the killer under her thumb, blackmailing him for years - until he gets sick of it and tries to kill her, leading to a repetition of the first death. In the end, when Nick Wright describes the full circumstances of the death to her in court, and its eerie resemblance to the tragedy of years before, she simply gives up. "I lose again."

Second game? I'd say Mimi over Acro. In the end, Regina seems to have entirely forgiven Acro - though that may make the ache worse for him - and he still has some hope that his brother will wake. Mimi, on the other hand, has lost her sister, her job, her face, and her freedom.

Third game? Godot. Tears of blood.

Thick and Professional

Acro, definitely. He's one of the few villains that I actually felt a deep sympathy for, all the way through the end of the case.

Ayup, ayup

Manfred von Karma.
Faced with the terribleness of seeing his life's endeavor poured down the drain...brutal.

*holds up shield before she is shot* I WAS KIDDING!
Geez, that has to be one of the craziest ideas I've ever come up with.

No, but really? Yanni Yogi. I bet Manfred von Karma brainwashed him or something.
Single and daughter to Syke y Ayasato and nintendofreak...ayup...
...ayup.

Soooooo not a Nazi!

:karma: brainwashes EVERYONE.

Weeeeeee!!!!!

Well, as with Michael Caine and this quote from The Dark Knight...
"In their desperation, they turn to a man that they didn't fully understand. Some men aren't looking into something logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the whole world burn."

Villains are just that. People that other people can't fully understand them. What makes them become bad/good/evil is all speculation which is our opinions essentially.There are always two sides of the coin and the thin edge of reason between them all that binds the two together. That's the reason why I never like stereotyping people into the good or bad sides but rather the collective grey in between. Everyone can be both good AND evil at the same time. Hero or villain just depends on your point of view and the choices you/he/she makes.

I can easily argue that Manfred is both a hero and villain. He's a hero in the eyes of Franziska (being her father and all) but also a villain from our point of view during the DL-6 incident case. He makes the simple guilty sentence into being the right choice for his eyes, regardless of what anyone else thinks. He takes his pursuit of justice almost to the brink of insanity which what we ALL want to see. We have no idea on what he was before but that's the point of being logical. Sometimes, it's impossible to be logical at all and hence, they just want to see the whole world burn.

Gant is similar and as well as Matt. Even Dahlia to some degree share this. Every villain in our eyes may be a hero to others. Lana sees Gant as a role model (abeit a twisted and sick one...) and Matt with his mask to the public. Dahlia does this to Iris which is the only person who she can trust.

So next time you think who's good and evil, think about the impossible and turn that into the possible...

Narumitsu > All

:godot: wins.

Such a tragic character and yet he still keeps the act on. TwT

*tackles Godot*
Godot: o.o
I LUFF YOU GODOT!!! T____T
Godot: Um...thank you? o.o;

Acroooo ;__; Losing his brother, accidentally killing the only father figure he's ever known~ Plus his final words on the witness stand "No...I'm just a murderer" really broke my heart! ToT

Godot is also a pretty tragic figure~ Even more tragic if he was actually executed after case 3-5 ;o;

Why are people saying Mimi? Dumb *****. It was her own damn fault that those 14 patients died and she tried to spread misinformation as Ini that Grey had worked her too hard or that he drugged Mimi with sleeping pills. And no, she did NOT have to kill Grey. If Maya had failed to channel his "dead" nurse, I think she would have blamed her lack of skillz over "oh noes, she really isn't dead." There was a very nice sense of satisfaction when I backhanded her during the trial since she was all bragging and saying that she would never be caught and serving Phoenix "humble pie."

Quote:
It was her own damn fault that those 14 patients died

Of course it was, and she's well aware of it, but she certainly didn't intend to kill them. It was a mistake; a very, very costly one, but still a mistake. Same way she didn't intend to fall asleep at the wheel and get her little sister killed in a car crash. Try imagining how horrible it would feel to have 15 deaths in what, two weeks? on your conscience, and for shits and giggles, throw in the fact that you have your very identity roasted away in the ensuing fire. I'm having trouble picturing it myself.
Quote:
she tried to spread misinformation as Ini that Grey had worked her too hard or that he drugged Mimi with sleeping pills

There's no evidence at all that Mimi was behind those rumors (if that's what they were), and the likelihood she was is extremely low. Mimi wanted to get away from her old life, not get petty revenge on Dr. Grey by spreading lies that would hurt his business.
Quote:
If Maya had failed to channel his "dead" nurse, I think she would have blamed her lack of skillz over "oh noes, she really isn't dead."

Maya was a famous spirit medium and the future Master of the Kurain Technique. Even if it was to be her first "official" channelling, there was no reason she wouldn't have been able to perform a simple task like that. Besides, Mimi doesn't know Maya so saying she thought Maya would blame her lack of ability is pretty ridiculous and not a risk she could take.

Quote:
There's no evidence at all that Mimi was behind those rumors (if that's what they were), and the likelihood she was is extremely low. Mimi wanted to get away from her old life, not get petty revenge on Dr. Grey by spreading lies that would hurt his business.

Who else would it be? The survivor of the car wreck...the one that had last talked to her "sister"...even if say, the tabloids, created them, she continued to spread them by repeating them, especially with the latest rounds that we saw while playing the game. Also, what is the speculation about Ini and Grey? Had they corresponded before the wreck and so Mimi was forced to continue the correspondence after she stole her sister's identity?

Quote:
Maya was a famous spirit medium and the future Master of the Kurain Technique. Even if it was to be her first "official" channelling, there was no reason she wouldn't have been able to perform a simple task like that. Besides, Mimi doesn't know Maya so saying she thought Maya would blame her lack of ability is pretty ridiculous and not a risk she could take.

I've never actually participated in any debates regarding what-ifs, but I would like to be enlightened on what others have thought what would have happened if Maya tried to channel Mimi and could only channel Ini. I concede that months have passed since 1-4 and that we don't know the extent of how much better Maya is now, so any assumptions of her powers based on PW:AA are not well-founded.

Soooooo not a Nazi!

Hmm...you both put up good arguments, but in the end, I have to agree that Mimi is more sympathetic than not. However, I think that :yogi: is a more sympathetic villain. DL-6 threw his life away, and Manny sent him the letter that infleuenced him to kill Hammond. I believe that after all those years of being alone he actually did go somewhat crazy, and he couldn't help himself.

Hold it!...thanks

Yeah I'm going to have to go with Godot. Imagine being in a coma for 5 years and when he did finally woke up he found out that someone precious to him was killed 2 years earlier.

Ruler of Lowát

I can't help but think we're forgetting somthing, but I can't quite put my finger on--
:accordion-head: Don't ignore meeeeeeeee!

Oh yeah! Ron Delite, just think, he was becoming what the woman he loved most hated, for her sake, because after all, love makes you evil.

If it wasn't for his tacked on happy ending Ron would most likely fit this bill quite well.

I don't know if we can really consider Ronnie a villian... :yuusaku:

Ruler of Lowát

If I may quote Mia Fey
Quote:
I usually define a villain as someone who knowingly does bad things despite knowing that they're wrong.

Grand Larceny? Selling company secrets? Lieing to his wife? Sure we see him in a sympatric light in game but Mask*DeMasque is a villain.

Desert rose, why do you live alone?

DarknessLord wrote:
If I may quote Mia Fey
Quote:
I usually define a villain as someone who knowingly does bad things despite knowing that they're wrong.

Grand Larceny? Selling company secrets? Lieing to his wife? Sure we see him in a sympatric light in game but Mask*DeMasque is a villain.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/villain
Quote:
vil·lain /ˈvɪlən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[vil-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a cruelly malicious person who is involved in or devoted to wickedness or crime; scoundrel.
2. a character in a play, novel, or the like, who constitutes an important evil agency in the plot.

Ron may be a criminal, but he's not a villain.

Ruler of Lowát

Once again, it's all in how he's potrayed, if this had been a cop show, and none of the facts were changed, Ron would be a Villan.

Also from you own source, somthing you didn't quote.
Quote:
villain

noun
1. a wicked or evil person; someone who does evil deliberately
2. the principal bad character in a film or work of fiction

He's doing it intentionally, even after he's being blackmailed, he still thinks it's a good thing, because he gets the plans in the mail, despite knowing what he's doing is wrong.

Desert rose, why do you live alone?

It's all rather subjective. As you said, if it were a cop show, and the whole point was to capture Mask, then yeah, he would be a villain. But in the game, Ron's basically a good guy who made a few mistakes. He's a criminal, but not necessarily a "villain".

:accordion-head: PLEEEEEEASE DON'T CALL ME A VILLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!

Ron's a hero! He stood up to armed robbers all by himself, despite the fact that he's afraid of everything. The only action in any of the games that's comparable is Nick running across the burning bridge.

If we count him as a villain, then Godot.

If not, Acro.

Soooooo not a Nazi!

Ummm...We kinda already established Acro and Godot as villians. But you make a good point with Ron, but if you look at it that way, nearly everyone is a villian!

Phoenix broke into Gant's safe.
Franzie whips people (and it makes them bleed too)
Lana messed with evidence and stabbed a dead body
Hotti has probably raped twenty thousand patients :hotti:
Glen Elg made the MC Bomber virus.

I could think of more if I tried, but I don't really feel like it.

Alita x Wocky FTW!!

:udgy: Let a prosecutor whips witnesses who should be protected..
:edgy:
Spoiler: "3rd game"
Became a defense attorney without proper study, license, and those formal things.

Many witnesses do perjuries..deliberately
I love Angel Starr!

this is the final cut

Either Acro or Godot ... even if Acro's resentment towards Regina was irrational, since she didn't knowingly kill Bat or anything, I can still sympathize with him, because if someone close to me was killed and the person who was somehow involved with their death didn't seem to care about it, I'd be really upset. Regina's attitude actually annoyed me a little in the first place, so from the point of view of Acro it must have been hard to be around her.

Godot ... well he's been mentioned a billion times already, but really his entire story is just really sad. The end of 3-5 with the whole "these must be my tears" almost made me cry.

Super Ace Attorney

Are we allowed to use AJ villians or just PW ones?
Jesus is Lord.

Death Note is awesome.

"No, this is a reasonable discussion about pillow humping." -Tinker

Bronze Samurai

Godot and Dahlia. And if you count it, Valant.
Image Julia...<3
Related to NaturallyLazy, fatalfeline, JadeRoach, and Game Over!

Mostly human

Valant counts. I would say that Yogi and Valant are probably the only ones I feel sorry for. I don't know what to think of Godot but his sad tune is really moving.

And Valant as well. It's especially sad when he says 'I know I lack talent', revealing his arrogance to be an act meant to cover his insecurities.

Bronze Samurai

On top of Valant, I think I'm adding Vasquez to my list...
Image Julia...<3

Mistress Game Master

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
She says the kidnapping was to get revenge for the way their father treated their mother. That was when she was pretending to be Iris, though...

Now I'm imagine little Dahlia and Iris being pulled apart at the temple and their father driving off and Iris running after them and Dollie trying to reach for her through the back window and oh god :larry: :larry:

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...DD:

Signature and avatar by Mme. Vicki.

Bronze Samurai

Undortunately, Dahlia was the one who suggested it in the first place. It's impossible for it to have been that way.
Image Julia...<3

Mistress Game Master

@PA:

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Dollie probably just had a fight with Iris and said she didn't want to see her anymore or something, and since their father didn't really want them anyway, he took that as a reason to dump Rissy off at Hazakura. No father who gave a damn about his daughters would abandon one just because the other asked him to do it.

:butzthumbs:

Signature and avatar by Mme. Vicki.

Bronze Samurai

But he didn't give a damn about them. He just took them for spite, I thought.
Image Julia...<3

DahliaXKristoph wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
She says the kidnapping was to get revenge for the way their father treated their mother. That was when she was pretending to be Iris, though...

Now I'm imagine little Dahlia and Iris being pulled apart at the temple and their father driving off and Iris running after them and Dollie trying to reach for her through the back window and oh god :larry: :larry:

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...DD:

Braidhead Twins: The real "Tragic or TRAGIC?".

PA: He did take them for that reason. I'm still not holding an eight-year-old responsible for "convincing" her father to dump her sister in the mountains. That's just silly even by Ace Attorney standards.

Bronze Samurai

Still, Dahlia is Dahlia...you can't be too sure about that...
Image Julia...<3

Phoenix_Apollo wrote:

I have a lot of trouble feeling any sympathy for Vasquez. She could have just gone to the police as soon as she killed Hammer and said it was self-defence, but no - she has to frame Powers, one of the most genuinely nice people in the series.

Bronze Samurai

Salutation Here wrote:
Phoenix_Apollo wrote:

I have a lot of trouble feeling any sympathy for Vasquez. She could have just gone to the police as soon as she killed Hammer and said it was self-defence, but no - she has to frame Powers, one of the most genuinely nice people in the series.

True, but I have a feeling that Manuel was infatuated with her, and her, him.
Image Julia...<3

How does that have anything at all to do with framing Will? :yuusaku:

Bronze Samurai

I was saying that because someone said that they couldn't feel bad for her.
Image Julia...<3
Page 2 of 4 [ 159 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)