Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 2 of 2[ 69 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: English DS Version??Topic%20Title

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

winged cloud wrote:
well even if capcom does decide to translate gs 3 and 4 to america there is still one thing that will cause a problem. How long it takes capcom to actually translate a game to america. Roughly it takes them about 4 to 5 maybe even 6 months to translate a game to the stateside. so even if we heard the news of it coming to the states, still means we will be waiting a good amount of time for it to actually hit shelfs. and if there going to announce it coming to the states my guess theyd do it and E3 or some other gaming event.

That's true, but you don't know whether they've already started translating or not.

The defender of Justice!

yes true you do have a point there, but you also dont know if they havent started translation at all as well. So i guess its a endless cycle intell we know the offical word from Capcom... But also if you think about it, wouldnt they make a jap ds versian of the 3rd game as well? and wouldnt u think they'd release the jap versian before the american versian? Just some things to think about.
<3 Happily CR married to Comfortably Numb =D
Image Image Image

I Kill Threads

winged cloud wrote:
yes true you do have a point there, but you also dont know if they havent started translation at all as well. So i guess its a endless cycle intell we know the offical word from Capcom... But also if you think about it, wouldnt they make a jap ds versian of the 3rd game as well? and wouldnt u think they'd release the jap versian before the american versian? Just some things to think about.

It'd probably be easier/quicker to release a Japanese DS version, anyways.

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

winged cloud wrote:

Yeah, of course they would. Those things get made in Japan, after all. Though it may seem a little strange over there, seeing as they had GS4 before GS3 that way.

I have a feeling capcom started translating it when they announced their contest.

未来の遂行者

Me too, it would be grossly unprofessional to make that kind of contest before the final decision about the game was made. According to me, its not if its coming out here, its when is it coming out here.

Mr.Twister

maybe they will change godot's name to Codot...Co from Coffe...
Image[/URL]

some sort of diabolical mastermind

kevintobing wrote:

Excuse me for one moment.
*jumps off cliff for the sheer idea Capcom would do something that cruel Larry *

Im Sure they will keep Godot since so many people know him from that name. If they do change his name to something lame i'll just make a sticker that changes his name to GODOT when i see it on the screen
ImageImageImageImage

Escapist

Quote:
If they do change his name to something lame i'll just make a sticker that changes his name to GODOT when i see it on the screen

lmao~ I'll probably do the same thing XD even though I haven't played GS3.
Those who understand Japanese language, I hereby pronounce you, that YOU ARE VERY LUCKY DAMMIT! T_T

Built For The Kill

kevintobing wrote:

"CODOT"?!

You just reminded me of DNA Extraction class (Codons), kid. That sounds worse than "Raimundo Cafenzo". -.-
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.

spr fckn srs peepz

LoG wrote:
Holy crap this got offtopic good and fast.

I still think that Capcom would be RETARDED to change Godot's name. Waiting for Godot is a French/English play, it would work.

Javado Beckett just sounds so stupid.

I like the name they gave him in the fantranslation, Sylvester.

They could go with Vladimir Estragon for Godot's real name?
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Built For The Kill

Attorney Hatman wrote:
They could go with Vladimir Estragon for Godot's real name?

Javado "My name is Vladimir Estragon... kitten. You can call me Vlad."

No, just... No. :/

If ever GS3's converted to the DS Version and translated, I'd probably just stick to the original rather than play Case 4 only to see "Vlad" as Co-Council. They could change Souryuu's name to something different and not related to Beckett's "Waiting for Godot" entirely, if they even decide to release GS3 internationally at all. O__o

As I recall, Capcom decided to bring Justice For All over after the first game's sales started increasing well after it was released, so even though that didn't do Nintendogs numbers, it was still considered a success. I don't think Justice For All needs to sell half a million copies for it to be considered a viable franchise in Capcom's eyes. If it sells more copies than the first game, I think we can count on seeing the next two games in the Ace Attorney series at some point.
Oh, and the fact that they're attempting to re-brand the series as "Ace Attorney" rather than emphasizing Phoenix Wright as the titular character already gives away their intention of bringing over 3 and 4.
My guess is, given the "franchisey" nature of video games, Ace Attorney 3 will be released stateside in the first quarter of 2008 or 2009, depending on how long it takes them to port it from the GBA to the DS and if they decide to add any extra stuff. And we'll probably get Ace Attorney 4 the year after that.

spr fckn srs peepz

Orcaizer Al wrote:
If ever GS3's converted to the DS Version and translated, I'd probably just stick to the original rather than play Case 4 only to see "Vlad" as Co-Council. They could change Souryuu's name to something different and not related to Beckett's "Waiting for Godot" entirely, if they even decide to release GS3 internationally at all. O__o

True. In fact, it's either related or not. If it's not, it'll probably something deemed sexy by the localizers.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Iskander wrote:
As I recall, Capcom decided to bring Justice For All over after the first game's sales started increasing well after it was released, so even though that didn't do Nintendogs numbers, it was still considered a success.

Actually, in the interview Capcom provided us with, they said the decision to localize Justice For All came very soon after PW was released, before the sales boom. They took a chance and it's paid off.

I can't imagine them deciding not to localize an AA3. It's just a matter of when.
ImageImage

Interesting! Do you have a link to the interview you mentioned? I went googling and came up empty, although I did find this interview with Charles Bellfield, their VP of marketing: http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20070 ... d_03.shtml

and here's something that probably already was picked up, so feel free to chastise me for newbie redundancy. from page 3, regarding the first game, emphasis mine: "It's shipped steadily for the last year, and we've just shipped Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All and we have more coming up, so I think again it's like a good book, it's that word of mouth that gets people out there to learn more about the game."

So yeah, the question is definitely when, and not if.

I will protect you....Fräulein

kevintobing wrote:

Thanks DarzieP for this sweet sig and avatar!!!!!
Gamertag:Gameplayer291

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Iskander wrote:
Interesting! Do you have a link to the interview you mentioned?

It's hosted on CR, but here's the quote:

"Well in the case of Ace Attorney, it’s a bit of a leap of faith combined with some strategic planning. We had to make a decision to localize AA2 at a time when we’d sold very little of AA1. So we asked ourselves some questions: Did we have a committed, passionate fan base upon which to build a franchise? (most definitely, yes) Is this a type of game we could do a little bit better with each time at bat? (we thought yes) Does the game have aspects to it that make it inaccessible for people to pick up the second title as their first exposure to the game? (in this case, no). Lastly, I see the game as different enough to stand along side some of the very unique titles that Capcom in known for. In that respect, it helps to bring credibility to the Capcom brand as a whole."
ImageImage

Ah, thank you (the interview section wasn't open when I asked! I checked!).

I imagine we'll hear something more concrete after they've finished with GS4.

The Law 'Shark'

It's truly a case of When now, really - that's probably something we can all agree on.

Capcom know they have us on that hook now...it's all about reeling us in once again, but for now they'll just let us flail and writhe in the torment of their deliberately cruel procrastinations! Von Karma
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

I will protect you....Fräulein

Capcom would be nuts not to release GS3.
Thanks DarzieP for this sweet sig and avatar!!!!!
Gamertag:Gameplayer291

Mr.Twister

When I Post About The Changes Of Godot Names,Almost You All become Suprised or Excited...Why Is That?Is Godot So Special?
Image[/URL]

Queen Of The Mods

*Points at Godot song*
That is why.
He's also seeeexxxxyyyy!

I love the whole marketing ploy they had going on~!

Verry clever way to get people hyped and screaming at them, just to measure the reaction they got. I agree with some of the people around here that they probably started translating when then contest launched. And really, after the effort of such a big contest, seeing all this support, they would really be shooting themselves in the foot, knee and face by ignoring people.

*laughs*

The best bit is the anticipation!

*puts on her "Waiting For Godot" shirt*

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

Ally-Oop! wrote:
I love the whole marketing ploy they had going on~!

Verry clever way to get people hyped and screaming at them, just to measure the reaction they got. I agree with some of the people around here that they probably started translating when then contest launched. And really, after the effort of such a big contest, seeing all this support, they would really be shooting themselves in the foot, knee and face by ignoring people.

*laughs*

The best bit is the anticipation!

*puts on her "Waiting For Godot" shirt*

Do you have one in a medium?
fuck

Escapist

kevintobing wrote:
When I Post About The Changes Of Godot Names,Almost You All become Suprised or Excited...Why Is That?Is Godot So Special?

stupid question.

OF COURSE HE IS!! *such a big talk for a noob lol*
Well, even if he's not that special, Codot is just too....... too..
too..... too.. too uncool.

Impulse: I ABSOLUTELY AGREE! Redd White

Built For The Kill

kevintobing wrote:
Why Is That?Is Godot So Special?

Of course.

GS3 AIN'T GS3 WITHOUT TEH GODOT-MANZ.

... Or Chinami.

Either way, those two are really the main reasons why GS3 should be ported to the DS and released internationally... Along with the Souryuu x Chihiro content.

some sort of diabolical mastermind

kevintobing wrote:

Because anything besides Godot is teh evilz!!!!1!!
Page 2 of 2 [ 69 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)