Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 7 of 9[ 323 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Re: Who's your fav character in GS3?Topic%20Title

:godot: :javado: tragic background, I loved his theme too. The extreme coffee addiction was funny.

:maya: She's constantly got people trying to do her in but she remains bubbly and happy all the time.

I loved the past cases with :youngmia:! She definitely changed a lot from :youngmia: to :mia:

Also... :franny: :yuusaku: :pearl:

Nature's call, they said.

In my life, the color red doesn't exist.

Hence my favorite character. Especially in the court, when he's prosecuting along with his coffee blend. I always stopped playing whenever his theme plays and start humming myself.

Praise to Godot :godot:

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Godot all the way.

Praise him and his coffee.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

:edgeworth: His cockyness at age 20 was wonderful. And that jacket looks fabulous on him, m-hm!
:uramidn: I like her appearance and character. Also her creepiness.
:godot: Not really a favorite, but a fun guy. He had some good lines.

C-A

Prolific Writer

Before I make my list, I just want to point out that the context of the list is vague. Are we talking about characters who debuted in Trials and Tribulations, or all the characters that appeared in the game? I guess it's just a matter of opinion. :eh?:

Anyway, time for my list:

Debut Characters:

Viola Cadaverini :uramidn: There was a real feeling of empathy when you learned her whole story. When you break everything down, she's a really deep character who deserves more exploration (and also a hug).

Sister Iris :ayame: Sweet, caring, and also quite a tragic figure. Honestly, she doesn't deserve half the crap she had to go through. But the fact that she went through it and was willing to go through it for the sake of those around her really speaks volumes about what a sweet, selfless person she is.

Dahlia Hawthorne :that-b-word: As I mentioned before, I love to hate this character. Her crafty schemes and her sociopathic motives make it all the more sweeter to bring down. She's also fun to write.

Godot :godot: The only thing I didn't like about him was that his coffee-drinking animation took too long, and it was annoying to sit through it over and over. Other than that, he was witty, snide, and deep. A great antagonist that, in the end, you could sympathize with.

Bruto Cadaverini: Okay, I know what you're thinking: "We never saw him. How can you like him?" Well, it's because we never saw him. I'm only speaking from a personal standpoint, but characters like Bruto appeal to me because they allow me to flex my creative muscles filling in the blanks. The less I know about a character by game's end, the more I want to know, the more my mind goes into creative overdrive.

Recurring Characters:

Pearl Fey :pearly: I always loved Pearl's sweet innocence, and her involvement in Case 3-5 made her all the more interesting and deep.

Dick Gumshoe :gymshoe: The big lug will always have a place in my heart as a great comic relief who also has it where it counts.

Miles Edgeworth :think: Bright, resourceful, and now on the side of truth. Also, psycholocks for the win. :edgy:

Maya Fey :maya: I always liked Maya, both as a comedic foil and as a serious character. This especially resonates in Case 3-5, but for all the trouble she gets in, she's more resourceful than she appears.
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout

§

Godot.
I also liked Furio Tigre and Iris.

For the ones who have finished 3-5; I think it's pretty obvious why I like Godot so much. Funny thing is that, he didn't really caught my attention in the first trial you encounter him. He just seemed an addict-to-coffee prosecutor with a strange hate towards Phoenix, and nothing else. Gee, I was so wrong.

Spoiler:
The breakdown, followed by his speech and explanation of everything, is IMO one of the best scenes in the game. And I believe he saved maya for the 2 reasons (Protecting her, but also killing the woman who ruined his life). I really hope that he didn't got the death penalty. :sadshoe:

We do what we must because we can.

Nick + Maya = win

wait for it......

wait.....

keep waiting.....

a little longer...

just a few more seconds....

Congratulations,
you have just waited for
:godot:

Outbreak95 wrote:
For the ones who have finished 3-5; I think it's pretty obvious why I like Godot so much. Funny thing is that, he didn't really caught my attention in the first trial you encounter him. He just seemed an addict-to-coffee prosecutor with a strange hate towards Phoenix, and nothing else. Gee, I was so wrong.

Spoiler:
The breakdown, followed by his speech and explanation of everything, is IMO one of the best scenes in the game. And I believe he saved maya for the 2 reasons (Protecting her, but also killing the woman who ruined his life). I really hope that he didn't got the death penalty. :sadshoe:

Spoiler: Godot Spoiler
Why should he not get the death penalty? He deliberately set out to fight Dahlia and was willing to kill her host body. He knew exactly what he was doing by setting himself into that spot, that's all it takes to be labelled as murder.
And even if somebody were to say it's technically a 'bodily harm with fatal cause' that he committed, that makes no difference in the AA law. You hired an assassin to kill someone for you? Just as guilty as if you had killed the person yourself. Self-Defense? You still get tried for a murder.
So I don't see any way around why Godot would not get the Death Penalty.

Revising my previous post in this thread.
I retain my like for Young!Edgeworth and Viola.
Godot has disappeared from even my 'tolerant characters' list.

C-A

Godot/Diego Armando :godot: :javado: hands down. He is the definition of a romantic and truly a good-hearted man who was devastated by tragedy.

The video game boy; the one who wins

...You have an interesting concept of romance.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Pfft, you guys don't know how to pick your characters.

Jean Armstrong, hands down! :chef:
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

I like: :godot: , :adrian: , :no-no: , :atmey: and :tigre: .

Apollon Flame

My fav character in Trials and Tribulations is DieGO ArmanDO because of the tragic things he's gone through that has made him a cool character (and his memorable quotes).
A King

in name

alone...

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

My favorite character is the one and only Ace Detective Luke Atmey(you don't say), but here I'll explain why. When we first meet him, he seems to be an expert at deduction, just another Sherlock Holmes type, but as we get further in the case, we find out that his rival Mask*DeMasque is really himself. He created a rival for himself. It reminds me of the Riddler in the Batman: Arkham series, except the Riddler actually had a rival to match brains with. Granted he was utterly mad, but his plan was actually one of the better ones I've seen in the series. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I am such a fan of this Ace Detective.

Godot had awesome theme music, a pretty cool mask, and some pretty hilarious coffee metaphors. Regardless of whether he's a jerk or not, those are some things that make him one of my favorite characters in T&T.

[Whip the cream!]

I liked Godot - the man amused me, despite his many flaws. (I can't bloody stand sexism or arrogance, so I should be surprised by the fact that I like him.)
And Bikini. Bikini is damn wonderful.
...and Ron. Sweet Ron.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Logic ~ The Way To The Truth

I have several...

:viola: :basil: :ron: :dahlia: :Bikini: :youngmia: :Iris: :javado:
ImageImageImage

Get away from my Miles, you old windbag!

WHAT THE TOOT!?

Currently Dahlia is my favorite character in Trials and Tribulations and in all of video game history.

I like her because she is such an evil b*tch. Yes I know her crimes were far from perfect or at least being successful, but she is still one of the most evil characters in AA games. Heck, she could probably even compete at being one of the most evil characters in video games.

And she also gets bonus points for this. :fire:

I also really liked Mega Man's and Lady Gaga's love child :basil: , the mafia daughter :viola: , the fat midget nun :Bikini: , the good twin :Iris:,
the sexist coffee addict :godot: and of course...ZVARRI! :inspect:

P.S. I want to note that I was only taking into account characters who made their debut in Trials and Tribulations.

Y'know

I've grown fond of young Mia, Dahlia, Iris, Diego/Godot, Viola and somehow, Desiree.

My friend, on the other hand is a huge Viola fanboy without even ever playing the game. xD

Ron and Desiree. But I really liked playing as young Mia as well, her inner monologue was awesome and I dig her much more than the high and mighty mentor-Mia (nothing bad against her though).

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
Ron and Desiree. But I really liked playing as young Mia as well, her inner monologue was awesome and I dig her much more than the high and mighty mentor-Mia (nothing bad against her though).

Yes, I enjoyed it as well. Her role as the "wise, experienced mentor" worked, but I prefer her younger self. Easier to relate to as well, if you so will.

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

WaitingforGodot wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:

Yes, I enjoyed it as well. Her role as the "wise, experienced mentor" worked, but I prefer her younger self. Easier to relate to as well, if you so will.

I third that. I prefer Mia's younger self too, as I never liked the hints she gave me (mostly because I thought they were freaking useless), and I related to her more than I did her older self.

earthlings on fire

Young Mia was one of my favourites. I like older Mia just as much, of course, but getting to play as her younger self was awesome.
Seeing Adrian Andrews again made me happy; I liked her.
Aaaand Grossberg. Good old Grossberg.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

[Whip the cream!]

Cravat of Doom wrote:

I agree! Oh, I love Adrian and I liked her development.

Ah, yes, dear ol' Grossberg. Even though his comments on his... more intimate problems got a bit tiring.

Cravat of Doom wrote:
Young Mia was one of my favourites. I like older Mia just as much, of course, but getting to play as her younger self was awesome.

Don't forget his Hemorrhoids.

[Whip the cream!]

shippersdreamer wrote:
Cravat of Doom wrote:

Don't forget his Hemorrhoids.

He made sure one could never forget.

:mia: Think outside the box.
:mia: Turn your thinking around.
:mia: Think crazy!
:mia: There's an obvious contradition in that testimony. Find it, you idiot.

Useless, yes. Especially as Nick made Maya feel useless (I'm mainly thinking about 1-4 here) desperately yearning for... that? And, speaking of 1-4, I found it so unnecessary how she came back just to say "Think about why the killer had to take it", I mean, why couldn't we get to figure that out for ourselves?

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:

Useless, yes. Especially as Nick made Maya feel useless (I'm mainly thinking about 1-4 here) desperately yearning for... that? And, speaking of 1-4, I found it so unnecessary how she came back just to say "Think about why the killer had to take it", I mean, why couldn't we get to figure that out for ourselves?

Indeed. :eh?: They probably wanted to provice us with some bosom.

WaitingforGodot wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:

Well another thing I have is that I feel like she kinda stole the spotlight a bit during 3-5.

Spoiler: Case 3-5
I feel like it should've been Phoenox who ultimately got rid of Dahlia instead of Mia. I know that Mia isn't the biggest fan of Dahlia but Phoenix has a LOT more reasons to dislike her, since he was so close to her, or more precise, Iris pretending to be Dahlia, so I think it should have been Phoenix to close the lid on Dahlia, to signify that he's finally moved on from her and proves that he was stronger than he was all of those years ago.

[Whip the cream!]

shippersdreamer wrote:
Well another thing I have is that I feel like she kinda stole the spotlight a bit during 3-5.

I feel like it should've been Phoenox who ultimately got rid of Dahlia instead of Mia. I know that Mia isn't the biggest fan of Dahlia but Phoenix has a LOT more reasons to dislike her, since he was so close to her, or more precise, Iris pretending to be Dahlia, so I think it should have been Phoenix to close the lid on Dahlia, to signify that he's finally moved on from her and proves that he was stronger than he was all of those years ago.

That's true! Case 3-5, or at least the final trial was
Spoiler: 3-5
all about the dead characters.

shippersdreamer wrote:
WaitingforGodot wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:

Now that you mention it... that's true. :eh?:

WaitingforGodot wrote:
shippersdreamer wrote:

That's true! Case 3-5, or at least the final trial was
Spoiler: 3-5
all about the dead characters.

That it was, that it was.

Y'know

Spoiler: Case 4-5
"I don't care whether you lose or win anymore... What's important is that you leave Maya's body *zoom and speedlines* right now!" ...or something like that.

It was Phoenix who got rid of her.

That and seeing Mia could have very well been Phoenix's imagination.

Nearavex wrote:
Spoiler: Case 4-5
"I don't care whether you lose or win anymore... What's important is that you leave Maya's body *zoom and speedlines* right now!" ...or something like that.

It was Phoenix who got rid of her.

That and seeing Mia could have very well been Phoenix's imagination.

It is possible, but anyways thank you for proving me wrong. I really mean it I always thought it was Mia who did it. Now I know better.

Well, you could say that Mia did it as well, as she was the one who drove her to the edge with that speech.

GoingforMiles wrote:
Well, you could say that Mia did it as well, as she was the one who drove her to the edge with that speech.

Okay maybe I should have been more specific. Taking what you said, I feel that Phoenix should have been the one to completely drive Dahlia over the edge.

And considering what Dahlia tried to do to Phoenix, and how low she thought of him, I bet he could have thrusted in the knife pretty well, metaphorically speaking.

GoingforMiles wrote:
And considering what Dahlia tried to do to Phoenix, and how low she thought of him, I bet he could have thrusted in the knife pretty well, metaphorically speaking.

I whole heartedly agree. I know that Mia has a bone to pick with Dahlia too with the whole poison thing, but for Phoenix it's MUCH more personal.

[Whip the cream!]

shippersdreamer wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:

I whole heartedly agree. I know that Mia has a bone to pick with Dahlia too with the whole poison thing, but for Phoenix it's MUCH more personal.

Secon-thirded.

<3 Godot's Assistant~ OC Rp'er

My favorite character?......Godot. And the man he used to be, Diego Armando.
Page 7 of 9 [ 323 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)