Board index » General » Court Docket

Page 1 of 1[ 6 posts ]

Use SMF!Topic%20Title

Judge Hobohodo

When moving to this new forum, I was happy to be off the crappy InvisionFree. I really dislike IF. And, anyway, soon enough we would be deleted for violating IF's terms of service. Illegal content? Hentai?

Deletion would come soon... but then we moved.

Yay.

However, one thing annoyed me - phpBB? The slow, ugly, unoptimized lump of PHP!

I would like to make a suggestion... switch to SMF. It's free, fast, reliable, easy-to-use (for both the administration and the members!).

Even better is the fact you can "upgrade" from phpBB! Keep all the posts, topics, emoticons, members, etc.

Examples of good SMF communities include www.zfgc.org - a forum I administrate!

Anyway, you can download the upgrade from simplemachines.org

Click on Download, then on Converters.
Judge Hobohodo - Every Sunday, 9.00pm GMT - Only on Gatewater 4.
Re: Use SMF!Topic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I think there may be some confusion. First off, while we are using phpBB, we're using phpBB3, not phpBB2 under the hood there's almost nothing simimlar between the two forum systems. SMF was actually one of several forum software I was considering, and actually the only one beyond phpBB that I was considering that didn't involved being screwed over a credit card. But in the end I decided I liked phpBB more so because of the developer community.

Anyways, because we're using phpBB3, the conversion software is 100% incompatable. If we seriously find problems with phpBB3 then I'm not 'totally' against the idea of moving, but I don't think we want to move a second time. Additionally, I'll be keeping us up and running with security updates et al as I learn about them. Don't worry, I think we're in good hands.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Not Pazuzu

Naruhodou-san wrote:
I would like to make a suggestion... switch to SMF. It's free, fast, reliable, easy-to-use (for both the administration and the members!).

Even better is the fact you can "upgrade" from phpBB! Keep all the posts, topics, emoticons, members, etc.

Wow. Ad-bots are getting smarter and smarter every day. :O

HOTEL DUSK DANCE PARTYYYY

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=87

Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the limitations of both phpBB and InvisionFree's BBCode compatibility, this topic is not seen as it was meant to be. To see it correctly, please visit an SMF forum, such as ZFGConnection. Thanks.

Kyle Hyde

Judge Hobohodo

Danbo Daxter wrote:
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... p?f=8&t=87

Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the limitations of both phpBB and InvisionFree's BBCode compatibility, this topic is not seen as it was meant to be. To see it correctly, please visit an SMF forum, such as ZFGConnection. Thanks.

Kyle Hyde

No, really, I was telling the truth Nick. phpBB doesn't support height and width tags of an [img] tag, so I had to resize my signature properly, going through the trouble of getting GIMP to work.

Also, for some reason, [hr] tags don't work Sadshoe.
Judge Hobohodo - Every Sunday, 9.00pm GMT - Only on Gatewater 4.

Look Naruhodou-san, we already made the move. We are NOT going to make another move just because YOU don't like it. This was our choice, and it's already been decided. You nor other members can't make us suddenly move to another forum. So please, kindly shut up about it. And if you don't like the move since you're expressing your extreme dislike for it, then don't post anymore. As easy as that.

And with that, I'm closing this.
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » General » Court Docket