Board index » General » Court Docket

Page 1 of 1[ 40 posts ]

We want Shu Takumi back to Ace Attorney; Capcom is listeningTopic%20Title

Time Paradox

After reading http://www.court-records.net/ and seeing that Shu Takumi, the series creator, MAY return to the series, I've created a suggestion about this on Capcom-Unity.com.

If you'd like to see mr. Takumi back to the series, vote up "We want Shu Takumi, the series creator and writer, back to Ace Attorney" right here http://www.capcom-unity.com/go/suggestion/box

If you can't find it, go in the Ace Attorney category of suggestions.
Image "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself... That is coffee."
Re: We want Shu Takumi back to Ace Attorney; Capcom is listeningTopic%20Title

Robo-Aly

I can't agree with this. I'd rather have a new person running the (hopefully!) future games in this series. If he returns, I can imagine that he would be thinking about all of the other ideas he has for new games.

Would you rather have a new person with enthusiasm running the games, or Takumi who feels that he has finished what he needs to on the series? Also, pressuring Capcom to pressure Takumi to continue working on a series that he's not really sure about isn't really a good idea. It could tarnish his partnership with Capcom (provided that it happens) and mean that he would have to go elsewhere to try and make his games.

Good luck, though.

Time for you to sleep.

I unfortunately must agree with Aly on this one.

Also, Takumi has done a great job with the series up until this point. He deserves to spend time on his own projects and make a name for himself elsewhere. I think it's time to see this series change from "Shu Takumi: Ace Developer" and enjoy the different takes different development teams take on it.

That'll do, Takumi-san. That'll do.
Parents: Chloe, CoffeeProsecutor Brothers: K_V_N, Auraion, OriginalBubs Son: Rarikou
Thanks to Midnight Jasper for the stuff.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Besides the misleading title, I don't agree. Takumi wants to do new stuff that isn't AA, so I rather have him do that, and let Eshiro take care of the Ace Attorney series. He does want to, and the only AA game he's produced so far is, at least in my opinion, the best one.

Let Takumi do more Ghost Trick, which I'm sure will be as good as the Ace Attorney series, and let Eshiro do AA. So we can have two amazing series instead of a forced one.

Slightly Disheveled Radiator

Location: In a box on a hill towards the west banks of an unknown river.

It's not as if some loser's taken the reigns. I felt like Eshiro breathed life back into the series - AJ felt like something that was solid but on its last legs to me, and AAI felt really good and new again. Takumi should only take it back if he's feeling genuinely inspired and not pressured. Otherwise, he should make amazing games on his own accord. Inspiration is best done when it's not forced.
Created by Vickinator, the greatest person EVER.
~ Crying in Public ~ The Kallisti Project: Samurai Arc

Married to Sakuro*And Eximplode07

1000% Knight

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. Takumi said that the fans were pressuring him to go back into AA, but he should do what he wants. I really really want Capcom to continue the Ace Attorney series, but I only want Takumi to do if it he wants to. If somehow Takumi had a whole new wave of inspiration and wished to return to making Ace Attorney games that would be wonderful, but if he considers the story finished with AJ then, as Aly said, I'd rather have someone heading the project who is enthusiastic than someone who thinks he's whipping a dead horse.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

I gotta agree too. Eshiro did a great job with Investigations, so I'd be fine with him continuing the series. If Takumi wants to do different things, let him.

...D'aaaaawww...

Erol Brisbane in The Contempt of Court, a fangame by Cardy. Play Turnabout Scapegoat now or SUFFER BRISBANE'S WRATH!

Call me Ishmael.

If he wants to move on, let him move on. I don't like it when the fans become a game developer's ball and chain.

Besides, didn't Eshiro do AAI? I think he did an excellent job with breathing new life into the series.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

I don't have any problems with Takumi leaving~ I mean, he's already done four Ace Attorney games- it's no surprise the guy's getting tired of the series. We don't want to end up with a substandard GS5 because the fans have pressured him back into something which he doesn't really want to do any more.

Seeing as AAI was so excellent (possibly the best game of the Ace Attorney series), I think we can safely say that Eshiro's more than up to the job of taking over from Takumi :3
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

Choir Nerd...'nuff said.

After reading everyone else's opinion, I have to agree. As much as I would like to see Takumi still be a part of AA, I would want him to be passionate about it as well. I wouldn't want him to stick with it if his heart wasn't in it. Even though it is hard to see someone else take over, AAI was great! So I really don't fear for any future games.
Hello, I'm LovelyLarxene! But you can just call me Lovely. :keiko:
Thx to Midnight Jasper for my wonderful set!

It's not a bad thing at all that Takumi left AA. I think he's left it in pretty capable hands, and maybe they thought the series needed some new blood. I remember they did this with Sonic when his original creator left and well, things didn't go as well. If Eshiro is so willing to make GS5 AND AAI2, then let's give him a chance people! :D

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Not that my thoughts need to be said at this point, but the guy's been doing AA for 10 years. Nothing but it. The guy's an artist. He needs to flex his creative muscles. He can't do that to his full potential if he's locked in to such a formulaic franchise such as AA.

Besides, it's not like he's barred from ever working on AA again. I'm sure if ideas come to him of any significance he's got the influence to have his voice heard.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

A.K.A Very Melon

I'm certainly a bum 'cause I didn't know he had left :DDDD

-SS
Spoiler: StepMania vids

What is my liiiife?!?

Don't let Takumi end up like Hideo Kojima! Let him get on with his new projects in peace!

Hmm...well i agree with everyone else here.Takumi is done with AA.You can only squeeze so much out of a sponge,in this case,so much idea's out of a creator.Let Eishiro do it,because AAI was briliant! I think Eishiro can make GS5 or a GK2 or both and make them amazing. You did fantastic too,Takumi. *high fives*
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

The Trusty Nudal!

I also agree with everyone - Takumi is finished. And even if he did return, the game wouldn't be at his best if his heart isn't truly in it.
Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

I find it a bit exaggerated of Takumi.
He pretends if he's father of over more then 5 series and has no time for GS5 (Or doesn't want).
I think he can take an example from Shigeru Miyamoto or Hideo Kojima.
And I find ghost trick not worth to continue with instead of Ace Attorney.

Takumi says that the other moment he wants to make GS5 and the other moment he doesn't want to continue with it.
Can't he just make BOTH Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney?
If not, search for someone others or ask Eshiro.

Sorry Takumi, but it's my oppinion.

miles__edgeworth wrote:
I find it a bit exaggerated of Takumi.
He pretends if he's father of over more then 5 series and has no time for GS5 (Or doesn't want).
I think he can take an example from Shigeru Miyamoto or Hideo Kojima.
And I find ghost trick not worth to continue with instead of Ace Attorney.

Takumi says that the other moment he wants to make GS5 and the other moment he doesn't want to continue with it.
Can't he just make BOTH Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney?
If not, search for someone others or ask Eshiro.

Sorry Takumi, but it's my oppinion.

Argh! Sorry for the dubble post! I clicked the quote button instead of the edit! Excuse me!
@Gerkuman
I completely disagree with you. Kojima is a master. He's briljant! the Metal Gear Series are awesome and there's nothing wrong with Kojima!

I find it quite sad that everyone values Takumi so much. If he stops, say it once! Do not let everyone in suspense.

Just let Eshiro continue with it! HOLD IT! But didn't he said that the serie is finished...?

Je voudrais une anana, s'il vous plait.

I wasn't even aware that he had left!! :eh?:
That's terrible man!!! :zenitora:
"Dilon mein tum apne betabiyaan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum..."
"If you carry impatience in your heart, you are alive..."

Deputy of Self-Esteem

PhoenixFlower16 wrote:

He hasn't 'left'. He and his team were involved in Ghost Trick while Jiro and his crew did AAI and AAI2. Since then he's involved in Layton vs Attorney. No word on what Jiro or the rest of Takumi's crew is up to. Although, Jiro did offer his help on GS5...
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Yo Dawg!

All I have to say is that it is Takumi's choice. He gave us something. Now he wants to give something else. An artist gets stale if he doesn't branch out a bit.

Besides, as has been said already, Eshiro brought some fresh new ideas to the Ace Attorney series, so let him take over. A lack of motivation makes for a half-assed piece of work, so as I said, if Takumi prefers to quit Ace Attorney, let him.

I'm workin' on it.

I didn't even know that Takumi wasn't the developer of Kenji... I think this new guy is doing fine so far, if that's the case.
Check out my fangame.

... Yeah, that's it.

Apollon Flame

Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney are time-consuming games. They're all about dialogue and character interaction (and since he's the dialogue writer, he's too busy).

Also, you can't compare Zelda and Mario to AA. Both former entries aren't as dialogue heavy as AA.
A King

in name

alone...

世界中

tbh I don't really care if Takumi ever comes back to Ace Attorney, Eshiro did a good job.
Also, I'd love to see more Ghost Trick ^^

迷探偵

I'm just hoping he'll one day really make that locked room murder simulator.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Hmm, it's a difficult situation. On the one hand I really loved Ghost Trick and if Shu Takumi has more ideas to work with the Ghost Trick franchise or other ideas at all it would be a shame to lose them forcing him to work on AA. On the other hand I think AAI is far away from being as good as PW:AA I-III and AJ:AA and a bright future is only guaranteed with Shu Takumi working on it.

I really would love to see Shu Takumi back in AA, but if he wants to do other things it's also fine, I loved Ghost Trick and I can imagine that he can create a lot more modern classics. Forcing him is not helping anybody, so in my opinion fans can show how much they appreciate him, but not further than that trying to convince him.

The X makes it cool!

I didn't know he "left" either... :bellboy:
That only goes to show that Eshiro is just as talented as him.
I've got to admit, AAI wasn't the best AA game... but it certainly was good! Plus, GK2 seems to have the best plot and twists out of all the games.

I feel violated... and crispy...

It bothers me when creators get forced to continue a series that in their mind is finished. You can tell when someone is being creatively stifled, and I'd hate for Takumi to be forced back into AA. However, if he chose to return to AA, that's another story entirely.

Personally, I just hope they stop making Investigations games. I never thought I could dislike anything with Edgeworth in it, but that game just felt like a bunch of fan service to me with no real substance, and no pay off since you never go to court. And I wasn't too big on GK2's ret-conning either.

I really hope the series doesn't end with AAI, though at this point, I guess we'll be lucky if anything AA related even comes to the states anymore...
I know who Apollo's real father is, and I have evidence...
Spriters needed for fanmade GS5! It's gonna be BIG!

Je voudrais une anana, s'il vous plait.

Wooster wrote:
PhoenixFlower16 wrote:

He hasn't 'left'. He and his team were involved in Ghost Trick while Jiro and his crew did AAI and AAI2. Since then he's involved in Layton vs Attorney. No word on what Jiro or the rest of Takumi's crew is up to. Although, Jiro did offer his help on GS5...

Ah I see...no wonder Ghost Trick was that good. Anyways...hm, I don't know about you, but I felt like AAI was kind of missing something? I'm not too sure what it was. I think GS5 and Layton vs. Attorney would be pretty cool if they teamed up. AAI was a really good game. I loved it but I felt like...I'm not sure, it was just something...maybe I'm just crazy...
Anywho, I'm really hoping they do something more with Ghost Trick.
"Dilon mein tum apne betabiyaan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum..."
"If you carry impatience in your heart, you are alive..."

I set unicorns on fire for fun. :D

Ash wrote:

That would be brilliant.

Anyway, I have to agree with everyone else. As much as I'd love to have Takumi back on board, I only want him back if he comes of his own accord. It's not like Eshiro is a bad writer; it'd be interesting to see what he'd do with GS5. Sure, AAI wasn't my favorite, but that stemmed mostly from it being a spin-off and not a main AA game. :shoe:

Beautiful flower

Unicornfire wrote:
Ash wrote:

That would be brilliant.

Anyway, I have to agree with everyone else. As much as I'd love to have Takumi back on board, I only want him back if he comes of his own accord. It's not like Eshiro is a bad writer; it'd be interesting to see what he'd do with GS5. Sure, AAI wasn't my favorite, but that stemmed mostly from it being a spin-off and not a main AA game. :shoe:

I'm wondering whether he'll put that in PL vs. AA, although that'd be weird.

Also agree with the people above, it's Takumi's choice. However if he change his mind and return to the series, that is most welcomed. He could pick up from where he left: AJ. If Takumi left for good, we still have Eshiro (although I'll probably bang my head on a wall if he make yet another GK :acro: ).
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

No need to force him to do something he doesn't want to. I'm sure that someone could do it just as well as he could.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

If he returns, he returns, but nothing we do is likely to have an effect. I'll admit that AAI is my least favourite AA game as I found the ending quite disappointing compared to those before it, but from what I've seen of AAI2 it's something of a return to form, so I guess it's just a matter of the new guys getting into it, and gradually filling his shoes completely. Final judgement is reserved for if and when I ever play AAI2, but if it turns out to be as good as everyone's making it sound then I don't have a problem with AA continuing without Takumi.

Even more importantly, if Takumi hadn't left he would never have created Ghost Trick, which is the best DS game I've played all year! I'd put it on a par with the AA series if not above it, as Takumi's talent is very clearly compatible with such a different type of game, and even though the game is different, his distinct hallmark is still present. It's hard to define exactly what that hallmark is, but whatever it is, it's definitely there!

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

I thought the title meant that he was coming back voluntarily... Since that's not the case, then NO!

I think he's had enough lawyers in his life, and I would love to play that locked room murder simulator if it ever gets made!

Visit my site! It's running smoothly. Just needs content!

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

I may be alone with that opinion, but I'd really rather have him back, since AA is just his brainchild and should go into the direction he wants it to go. It just doesn't feel the same without his influence. AAI and GK2 felt like, to say it bluntly, above-average fanfic to me. Not to put Fanfic down, of course, I am writting fanfic myself, but when i want fanfic, I go download a Fangame or look at Fanfic. net. I get it for free there, you know. (Of course, I still bought GK2, so... eheh...)

Still, you are right. If Takumi doesn't want to work on a GS5, we shouldn't force him. Being a writer myself, I know how greatly quality depends on the passion put into a work. If Takumi was forced to write GS5, this passion would probably be lacking and we'd end up with a mediocre script at best.

So, Fazit of my opinion:

GS5 with Takumi YES PLEASE, but NOT when he doesn't want to.

And in the end SOME GS5 is better than no GS5 at all... :minuki:

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Neni wrote:
I may be alone with that opinion, but I'd really rather have him back, since AA is just his brainchild and should go into the direction he wants it to go. It just doesn't feel the same without his influence. AAI and GK2 felt like, to say it bluntly, above-average fanfic to me. Not to put Fanfic down, of course, I am writting fanfic myself, but when i want fanfic, I go download a Fangame or look at Fanfic. net. I get it for free there, you know. (Of course, I still bought GK2, so... eheh...)

Still, you are right. If Takumi doesn't want to work on a GS5, we shouldn't force him. Being a writer myself, I know how greatly quality depends on the passion put into a work. If Takumi was forced to write GS5, this passion would probably be lacking and we'd end up with a mediocre script at best.

So, Fazit of my opinion:

GS5 with Takumi YES PLEASE, but NOT when he doesn't want to.

And in the end SOME GS5 is better than no GS5 at all... :minuki:

Ahem.. first things first: where on earth have you been :P?
No, that's not the thread for that.. I actually share your opnion about the GK games.. I didn't know that Takumi wasn't behind those ones (yeah, I don't know what cave I've been living in either) but that certainly explains why GK1 felt kinda fanfic-ish.. and as you say, that doesn't mean that the game itself wasn't good. The story, gameplay etc. was super, but.. it somehow lacked the charm that is found in the GS series for some reason. I always felt like it was as if someone else tried to make an AA game (and suceeded to a certain extent of course).
That kinda scares me though, if Takumi won't return for GS5. Will it then lack the same "magic" that you'd find in the first 4 games? I would really want to see him return as well, but I don't want to force him to if he don't want to. Actually, I think the biggest chance of seeing Takumi return to the series is to stop interviewing/talking to him about GS... if he choose to focus on other projects for a while, chances are that inspiration and the feeling of wanting to work on the series again will probably return. A project get a lot less interesting if you keep focusing on it for a longer period of time.
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Jack Lamber wrote:

Ahem.. first things first: where on earth have you been :P?

Eh... I've kinda become one of the admins of an Ace Attorney Roleplay Forum... Heh Heh... ^^; Kept me busy...

Quote:
No, that's not the thread for that.. I actually share your opnion about the GK games.. I didn't know that Takumi wasn't behind those ones (yeah, I don't know what cave I've been living in either) but that certainly explains why GK1 felt kinda fanfic-ish.. and as you say, that doesn't mean that the game itself wasn't good. The story, gameplay etc. was super, but.. it somehow lacked the charm that is found in the GS series for some reason. I always felt like it was as if someone else tried to make an AA game (and suceeded to a certain extent of course).
That kinda scares me though, if Takumi won't return for GS5. Will it then lack the same "magic" that you'd find in the first 4 games? I would really want to see him return as well, but I don't want to force him to if he don't want to. Actually, I think the biggest chance of seeing Takumi return to the series is to stop interviewing/talking to him about GS... if he choose to focus on other projects for a while, chances are that inspiration and the feeling of wanting to work on the series again will probably return. A project get a lot less interesting if you keep focusing on it for a longer period of time.

True. Annoying Takumi about AA won't help the least, if anything, it will make him hate the series, which would be BAD. However, if the writers do a lot of new games without his input now, the series might end up going into a direction that is against his preferances for the world he created... it's a two-sided blade, really...

GS5... or no GS5... that is the question... :larry:

It's such a hard one... :sad-maya:

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Neni wrote:
Eh... I've kinda become one of the admins of an Ace Attorney Roleplay Forum... Heh Heh... ^^; Kept me busy...

So you've left us for someone else!? How could you :larry: (jk :p)
Well, given the speed the series have right now, I don't think that many games will be produced without Takumis input if he decides to return. Then again, perhaps the whole GK idea started because the creators were to afraid to touch the original series, so they built one up around Edgeworth instead. Then, in case Takumi returned, he could pick up the series from where he left it ... at least that is what I hope :larry2:
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

Eh, I have faith in others to carry on Takumi's greatness. I loved GK. I felt the story wasn't as good as other games in the series. Lack of twists and character depth, etc. But overall, I really did like it. More than AJ, anyway. Plus, from what I've seen/heard of GK2, it looks way better than GK1. So proves to me that I can like Eshiro's stuff just as much, if not more than Takumi's. I just want more games...that are localised!!

Aspiring Critic and Film Engineer

Frankly, I don't see a problem with either occurrence. It's not as if there's a clause that states that if Eshiro's working on a new AA game that Takumi can't work on it either. As long as there's a new Ace Attorney game, I think that's all that truly matters, right? That being said; I personally'd rather it be sooner than later. :yuusaku:
Page 1 of 1 [ 40 posts ] 

Board index » General » Court Docket