Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 27 posts ]

"Last Window" boxart and other little findsTopic%20Title

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Hey, everyone! After adding TheBaronAndEma's translation of the Famitsu scan (or part of it) to Wikipedia, I started wondering if I could find the boxart. Well, I did, and a couple more things.

First, the boxart per se, found in the game's Amazon Japan page.

Spoiler: Last Window Boxart

Second, in that same page, we can see a screenshot of Kyle reading what appears to be the letter telling him to look for the Red Star. He seems to be in front of the Cape West building.

Spoiler: Screenshot

And last but not least, the third of four imaes in that page (the fourth once is a screenshot that had already been shown) is a screenshot of the title's "Last Window" in-game. Of course, that could seem like nothing, but this specific screenshot shows the book's first pages. Just see for yourself:

Spoiler: "Last Window" screenshot

And so, the speculation begins.
By the way, could anyone translate what the text under Summer's name says?
Re: "Last Window" boxart and other little findsTopic%20Title

[Words]

Summer's taking credit for the last window, eh? Gee, I wonder who he plagiarized this time. It's interesting to see him mentioned, though. And the box art looks awesome, a huge improvement over the first game's.

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Didn't Summer mention he wanted to write something of his own when you break him in HD? I mean, when he confesses everything (after the dramatic close-up to Kyle and Summer's faces, and a small pause with no music).

For some reason, I believe this time Martin did write it. He can't be that much of a hipocryte, can he? Confessing everything trying to redeem himself, and then doing the same thing again? Doesn't seem likely.

"Too Awesome to Die"

DeMat is right. Plus at the end of the game, if you solved Summer's problem, he had Louie give Kyle a letter and in it it said, "I'm going to write a story on my own, and actually have it be as good as (insert whatever the name of the book was). And I'm basing my main character after you, Mr. Hyde."
Child of Lida_Rose and Aliucon. Married to yuzikichan0! Father of Ha³ and Apollo72.

eliasbloodmoon wrote:
DeMat is right. Plus at the end of the game, if you solved Summer's problem, he had Louie give Kyle a letter and in it it said, "I'm going to write a story on my own, and actually have it be as good as (insert whatever the name of the book was). And I'm basing my main character after you, Mr. Hyde."

Ah, you're right, that was it! (The name of the novel was "The Secret Word", by the way.)
This may be interesting. I never noticed it, but that opened a possibility for a second game...

I wonder if the "Last Window" novel tells a story similar to Kyle's father, in an apartment building. Parallel stories. I like it.

Jesus Christ, this game is going to be great!

世界中

DeMatador wrote:

It's a bit too blurry to get a full transalation, but the first sentence reads "Born in Kansas City in 1929."
That makes Summers about 80 today.

TheBaronAndEma wrote:
DeMatador wrote:

It's a bit too blurry to get a full transalation, but the first sentence reads "Born in Kansas City in 1929."
That makes Summers about 80 today.

Oh, and 50 by Dusk, and 51 by Last Window.
Yeah, it's just bio. Nothing worth translating, I guess... Unless it mentions Summer admiting how he stole Alan's novel and such, which I doubt.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

It does say that after 1990 Summer had several best selling books (I think--it's hard to read it's so blurry), so it sounds like Mr. Talking Blimp finally got his act together!
ImageImage

A beautiful world indeed.

Croik wrote:
It does say that after 1990 Summer had several best selling books (I think--it's hard to read it's so blurry), so it sounds like Mr. Talking Blimp finally got his act together!

Wait 1990? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this game took place in the 80's.

So, we're going to play in two seperate timelines?

[Words]

DeMatador wrote:
eliasbloodmoon wrote:

Ah, you're right, that was it! (The name of the novel was "The Secret Word", by the way.)
This may be interesting. I never noticed it, but that opened a possibility for a second game...

I know, I know! 'Twas a joke, I distinctly remember Summer saying he was going to write his own book.

I'm even more excited about this game than I was while playing the first. The boxart looks cool, as do the characters, and everything seemed so much more...polished. I'm also much more interested in the story, to be honest I never much cared about Bradley. I have to wonder what Rachel's up to in this game, though.
*supporter of Kyle/Rachel*
I have to finish my Hotel Dusk replay soon...

世界中

neoswordmaster wrote:
Croik wrote:

Wait 1990? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this game took place in the 80's.

Seeing as this is a novel, it could be a reprint or something made after LW. They're probably just making it more realistic. :)

Hate is Bad :(

TheBaronAndEma wrote:
neoswordmaster wrote:
Croik wrote:

Seeing as this is a novel, it could be a reprint or something made after LW. They're probably just making it more realistic. :)

But then there's the question of why we're reading a novel from futureland D:

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Will Kyle finally show his "Hyde"?

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

Perpetual Prosecutor

I'm intrigued by the man in the back of the boxart.

Graphics style is awesome once again an I love the Martin Summer cameo.

Akiak wrote:

Following his bio, it's probably Rex, who is apparently "interested in Kyle's past". Either that, or the figurative ghost of his father.

28 days until it reaches Japan... We should get some kind of announcement regarding non-Japan soon...

TheBaronAndEma wrote:
neoswordmaster wrote:
Croik wrote:

That's right. I'm pretty sure this 'novel' was written by Summers after the event of HD2 took place, and we, as 'readers' from 2009 2010, will get to read it 'a few years' after it's been written. I have no trouble picturing Summers 'investigating' about what happens in HD2, and then making a novel about it. The first page looks like the biography of Summers (as Croik suggested), the same kind of bio we often find at the beginning of books.

And nice boxart! I love it!

Quote:
Jesus Christ, this game is going to be great!

Of course! You just can't expect less from Cing, m'boy!
ImageImageImage

Perpetual Prosecutor

DeMatador wrote:
Akiak wrote:

Following his bio, it's probably Rex, who is apparently "interested in Kyle's past". Either that, or the figurative ghost of his father.

28 days until it reaches Japan... We should get some kind of announcement regarding non-Japan soon...

What bio are you talking about? And I don't remember any mention of Kyle's father in HD. But it's been a long time... :yuusaku:

Akiak wrote:
DeMatador wrote:
Akiak wrote:

What bio are you talking about? And I don't remember any mention of Kyle's father in HD. But it's been a long time... :yuusaku:

Oh, that was revealed in the latest Famitsu scan. Rex's bio and Kyle's father in Last Window's plot.

Lucy Verity: Ace Attorney

I just had a (very) random thought: What if the game is really just the novel, and whatever Kyle is doing didn't actually happen?! I know that isn't likely, but I bet some people wouldn't like that kind of ending... :beef: It'd be quite a twist. I can't wait for the sequel though!
Am I the only one who thinks "snackoo" should be an onomatopoeia? *snackoo* *snackoo* *snackoo*
Klavier = piano, Phoenix fails at both, the end.
I could've sworn Klavier was an actual name...

Hum... I'm not sure. As I've said in my previous post, I believe the novel is but what Summer wrote about what happened to Kyle at Cape West Apartments.
How he got to know about that... maybe Rex is a spy sent by Summer to get to know what/who Kyle Hyde actually is :p
Seriously, I don't think Cing would chose such a cheesy ending, and it's pretty much déjà-vu...

That's just my opinion anyway...
ImageImageImage

OBJECTION!

Whoa! You mean the first HD game could just be Kyle acting out Summers' novel so its not real?!
Last Window is HD 2 right?
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

grim_tales wrote:
Whoa! You mean the first HD game could just be Kyle acting out Summers' novel so its not real?!

When did I (or Lucy Verity) say that? :eh?:
And yep, Last Window is HD2... well, more precisely, the sequel to the first Hotel Dusk game.
ImageImageImage

OBJECTION!

I was just responding to Lucy's thought she had... my bad. I should have been clearer, I meant "Whoa!" in the sense of "Thats a cool idea"
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Lucy Verity: Ace Attorney

Yeah, like I said, I don't think it's very likely either. Still, you never know. Can't wait for the game! :pearl:
Am I the only one who thinks "snackoo" should be an onomatopoeia? *snackoo* *snackoo* *snackoo*
Klavier = piano, Phoenix fails at both, the end.
I could've sworn Klavier was an actual name...

L~A wrote:
That's right. I'm pretty sure this 'novel' was written by Summers after the event of HD2 took place, and we, as 'readers' from 2009 2010, will get to read it 'a few years' after it's been written.

I had a thought--if this is true, won't the book just be a rehash of the events we play in the game? What is the point in hearing about the story twice, unless the different perspectives offer something really different?

I just hope the book doesn't turn out to be the 'recap' thing at the end of each chapter, which Cing loves to do so much.

No, it won't be the recap thing at the end of each chapter? There's a video (don't remember which one though) where you can see that the novel and the recaps (which are under the form of reports) are two different things.
The novel will undoubtly be of the same kind as those novels which consists of 'true events' dramatized, or in other words, those books 'based on real events', that sort of thing.
ImageImageImage

L~A wrote:
No, it won't be the recap thing at the end of each chapter? There's a video (don't remember which one though) where you can see that the novel and the recaps (which are under the form of reports) are two different things.
The novel will undoubtly be of the same kind as those novels which consists of 'true events' dramatized, or in other words, those books 'based on real events', that sort of thing.

Actually, in one trailer I'm pretty sure you can see Kyle holding the "Last Window" novel. So I'm pretty sure it had already been published by 1980.

Now, why there was a "1990" in the screenshots, no idea... Maybe most of his novels were set in the "1990" decade, y'know?
Page 1 of 1 [ 27 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes