Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 35 posts ]

PL vs AA in Nintendo Direct!Topic%20Title

世界中

Looks like Professor Playton vs Ace Attorney has been featured in the latest episode of Nintendo Direct!
We see some gameplay, as well as a bit from Takumi! :phoenix:
Nintendo - YouTube Mirror

Some highlights include

• Two new music tracks, one of which sounds like an Objection 2001 remix
  • Layton Objects, and at one point it looks like Phoenix is the Defense Aid. Do we get to play as Layton in Court? (Makes sense if Phoenix can solve puzzles. But that's not much of a "VS" is it?)
  • Some new art of Maya from all sides

The Japanese Website has been updated in the System section. Not a whole lot new to look at. Or at least, I'm not noticing much beyond some screenshots.

Image And on November 29th, the game is a day one downloadable title.
Re: PL vs AA in Nintendo Direct!Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

The insanity in my head goes to 24:29 where we see Jiiken looking grumpy and resting his right arm on the table.......much like Klavier does when he's pressured.....
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

元・超会社員級の管理人

So it wound up downloadable after all, eh? Now I need to figure out if I want the downloadable version or the physical version...
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Uploading a better quality video. It'll be 15 minutes hopefully.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

元・超会社員級の管理人

You can also see the interview with Takumi and its gameplay footage here.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Blah!

As expected, this game was nowhere to be seen in the North America Nintendo Direct. Of course, this means nothing; Nintendo Direct is there to advertise things that are coming soon, not a year from now (or however long it'll take to localize this game).

Gettin' Old!

blahmoomoo wrote:
As expected, this game was nowhere to be seen in the North America Nintendo Direct. Of course, this means nothing; Nintendo Direct is there to advertise things that are coming soon, not a year from now (or however long it'll take to localize this game).

Part of me is terrified...that we still haven't heard whether this game would be localised at all. Though I still got hope there's that niggling little thing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Blah!

Pierre wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:

Part of me is terrified...that we still haven't heard whether this game would be localised at all. Though I still got hope there's that niggling little thing.

1. The game hasn't been released in Japan yet. I am pretty sure that localization doesn't start until after that time, unless the game is to be released worldwide at around the same time (e.g. Animal Crossing 3DS).

2. As I said, Nintendo Direct is not there to announce games that are coming in the (relatively) far future. Luigi's Mansion is probably one of the few games (if not the only one) that was announced for 2013 during both JP and NA streams.

And even when they start localization, they might not say anything about it until it's at least half way done. Of course, it would be a good idea if they did say something sooner rather than later (after they commit of course) because there are people that are far more vocal about such things...

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

Guys, remember that Miracle Mask hasn't even been released yet! (Okay so it is tomorrow, but shhh...)

Think, Layton normally gets a new game every Autumn (Fall), considering that the 6th Layton is coming out in Japan probably Spring or Summer 2013, i'm not sure if they would rush the localisation of that game to get it out at the end of the year. Using logic, you could say that they may announce LvsGS localisation at E3 2013 and release it Fall 2013, then the 6th Layton in 2014.

But then again, i may be wrong. :pearl:
I'm hoping for an unrealistic Spring 2013 release in the west. :gumshoe:

:shoe:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

E3 does seem like the perfect time for Level 5 to drop that bombshell. Even if we all know it's headed our ways anyways.

I'm so excited, I wanna know when it's coming out here ;____; I'm sure it will be localized, we get the PL games and we're getting AA5. Also there was that facebook poll Level 5 did a while ago - PLvsAA won by a couple thousand votes, and they've already announced a bunch of the other titles from it.

The Objection remix sounds good. The song right before it reminds me a lot of Examination 2001, too.

The Real Human Being

No down up view of Maya?

My boner is unsatisfied

1000% Knight

TheBaronAndEma wrote:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Hmm... I might cancel my preorder on Play-Asia...
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Bad Player wrote:
TheBaronAndEma wrote:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Hmm... I might cancel my preorder on Play-Asia...

Yeah, that's the same situation I find myself in. It's nice to have the solid game, but this way I'd probably get it about a week earlier than if I had Play-Asia ship it (and my Japanese 3DS and Time Travelers would get here even earlier). Decisions, decisions... :yogi:

Wooster wrote:

迷探偵

But you'd miss out on the first print goodies!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

What did he do this time...?

I absolutely can't wait for this game. I think it has a legit shot at the best 3DS game there is. All of the previews I've seen convince me this may be the greatest DS game ever made.
I'm going to guess that we'll see the game in the 2013 E3 and a Fall release? This is the reason I bought a 3DS....
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

元・超会社員級の管理人

Ash wrote:

Thing is, I don't know if Play-Asia is stocking those. If you can point me towards a store that guarantees the soundtrack/short anime that's coming with the preorder wave and ships to America, then that would actually be really awesome. :phoenix:

Wooster wrote:

Bolt Storm wrote:
Ash wrote:

Thing is, I don't know if Play-Asia is stocking those. If you can point me towards a store that guarantees the soundtrack/short anime that's coming with the preorder wave and ships to America, then that would actually be really awesome. :phoenix:

Not sure if AmiAmi has it. I checked their site and all but they only have the vague generic disclaimer about how limited stock will be and all. They have not put up the "what's in the box" section for it yet since it's still a tentative preorder. For other stuff which I get off them, they usually do come with them preorder bonuses so yea. Maybe send an email? :)

世界中

A quick thank you to whoever fleshed out my original post :phoenix:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

*gentlemanly hat tip and returns to solving puzzles*

Programmer

What? Puzzles? I though that you had "stuff" to do?
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

This rock... it reminds me of a puzzle!

If this doesn't get localized, heck I'll be depressed. The only reason I bought a 3DS in the first place. :sadshoe:

Achtung,baby~!

I really don't dig the 3D sprites.Especially the way they move all the time.
I know they can't just stand in place since humans naturally move a bit as they breath,but in this case I think it's too extreme and just looks stupid.
It's more like they're seriously moving around in their place rather than just subtle movements from breathing.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

henke37 wrote:
What? Puzzles? I though that you had "stuff" to do?

I meant that as cheeky sarcasm. I haven't touched the Unwound Future Croik loaned me in months it seems.

You should. It's easily the best in the series.

The Real Human Being

Jonathan wrote:
I know they can't just stand in place since humans naturally move a bit as they breath,but in this case I think it's too extreme and just looks stupid.
It's more like they're seriously moving around in their place rather than just subtle movements from breathing.

How about I make sure you stay perfectly still FOREVER.

Achtung,baby~!

DoMaya wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

How about I make sure you stay perfectly still FOREVER.

Your reply makes me think you didn't even bother understanding my point.
Did I say that they should stand perfectly still?No,so what's with the silly reply?
I said that their movements are too defined and extreme,and that they should be more subtle.
I myself said they can't just stand in place all the time,but I still think the movements should be more gentle.
Not moving at all would be weird,didn't even wish for that in the first place.

Last edited by Jonathan on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Real Human Being

Your reply makes me think you've never even played a AA or a PL game.

Achtung,baby~!

Right.
Let me make myself even clearer.I was referring to when they are standing.
As you can see,Phoenix's body doesn't move around,right?
But it does in 3D,and it's too defined.
Now do you understand what I mean?

The Real Human Being

You should also note that these sprites were originally made during the GBA era, and had to stay within the GBA's limitations.

We've come 11 years since the GBA was popular, I think we can afford a couple little nuances to make the characters less paper.

And I find that highly adorable

Achtung,baby~!

Again,I absolutely agree that they shouldn't be frozen in their place while they're standing normally,but in my opinion it should be more subtle.
It especially bothered me during court,right at the beginning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wpVb3vxMcE8#t=8s
Noticeably Maya.

The Real Human Being

People have a tendency to move dude, and this game is spot on with how they do it.
It makes it look like time is actually passing in the game and that's something I like about it.

迷探偵

Bolt Storm wrote:
Ash wrote:

There is this list of online stores where you can specifically order the first prints, but you'd have to check each of them to see if they ship overseas ^^'

And I don't think it's an animation you get with that though. It's a 特製アニメフィルム付きオリジナルサウンドトラック, so the soundtrack with a special anime filmstrip included, as I understand it. Not an expert on the proper terms they use in the business though.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Is the list of first prints the 10 shops on the top or is it the table below it?

迷探偵

The first ten or so shops in the list (you'll be looking for terms as 早期購入者特典 (early purchase goodies) 予約特典 (pre order goodies) on the respective sites).
Page 1 of 1 [ 35 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes