Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 3 of 4[ 146 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: AAI2 Fan Translation: Full Patch Released! (BETA)Topic%20Title

Pirate Hunter

I came when I heard the AAI2 patch was finally done. I've started from the beginning on my 3DS using a Supercard DSTWO. I'll see what problems if any crop up.

One thing I've seen so far is that the voice activation for :holdit: and the like doesn't seem to work.

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Is there any place where I could find some info on how to get this playable on my DS or DSi? I am having a hard time finding a good site.

Pirate Hunter

Gammalad wrote:
Is there any place where I could find some info on how to get this playable on my DS or DSi? I am having a hard time finding a good site.

All you need is a flashcart like an R4, Acekard2i or a Supercard DSTWO and put the patched rom on it like any other.
Check out GBATemp: http://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-dsi-3ds-h ... -q.278137/

Servant of the Goddess of Law

XeroSagas wrote:
Gammalad wrote:

All you need is a flashcart like an R4, Acekard2i or a Supercard DSTWO and put the patched rom on it like any other.

Thanks! I am assuming I can't use this with my 3DS because I am sure after the next system update itll just be Iwata-blocked

Knight of the Court

Sorry I'm late to the party, blame uni... and being distracted by Prof Layton vs Ace Attorney.

Anyway, I'm so happy to see this finally done. It was a few years ago when I first discovered the project on the old forums and decided to get involved. The project was kind of in dissaray at the time, but we all managed to pull through and get early translations of the first few cases out. Then other translators joined the group and we were able to split the remaining cases and really get things done. Things got hectic for me at university so I had to leave for a while, but I managed to come back just as the literal translation was in its final stages, helping with the very end of the game.

To everyone in the group, I apologies for not keeping in touch much since then, I sort of felt my work as a literal translator was pretty much done. But I've followed the game through its various stages of release, up until now. What a perfect time too, with the Layton crossover just announced to be coming to America.

Anyway, I just want to say thank you to everyone involved with the project. To the others in the literal translation team who were always welcoming while also ready to correct eachothers mistakes. (I know I made some pretty major ones at times) To the amazing graphics artists who had to edit so many evidence images the game wouldn't be playable without.
And ESPCIALLY to the localisers. Seriously, you guys are fantastic. When I play the localised versions of these cases, I find it indistinguishable from an "official" Ace Attorney localisation, and that's really saying something. You take literal translations that range from bland to completley stupid-sounding and turn them into something genuinely witty, funny and above all awesome.

I'll just add one final thing. Translating this game gave my a much deeper connection with it than any other game in the series. The story, the characters, everything will always hold a special place in my heart. If this effort helps those who missed out on it due to STUPID CAPCOM enjoy this game, then I couldn't be happier. That's the reason I joined the team, after all.

I hope you all have as much fun playing this game as I had translating it.
Something something please localize DGS.

Ok, just want to congratulate everyone involved on this project. Unbelievable work, and it must feel immensely satisfying to have this done. I haven't been to this website for a few months now, but seeing this pop up on my RSS ticker was certainly enough to drag me here.

I'm now mulling over whether to buy a flash cart and try and play this on proper hardware, or else just play it using an emulator. Either way, it's been an emotional experience as an Ace Attorney fan since this whole AAI2 thing. The wounds have started to heal since Dual Destinies and PL vs AA. This feels like the final thing to make everything right. Hopefully a fan translation like this will never be necessary again.

Again, thanks to the team that did this, and make sure to spread the word as far and wide as possible, because I know there are plenty of people who wanted this who don't check here and have lost all hope of an English version of the game.

Pirate Hunter

Gammalad wrote:
XeroSagas wrote:
Gammalad wrote:

Thanks! I am assuming I can't use this with my 3DS because I am sure after the next system update itll just be Iwata-blocked

As of the latest system update the SuperCard DSTWO is the only one I know of that still works though I could be wrong about that. It's what i use.

I just gonna say thank you so much for all the effort of all those year, i just started to play the patch a few days ago, simply i can only say: OMG!

I will report all the bugs and problems of the beta, thank you soooo much for bringing this geniality also spanish people like me can enjoy it. :larry: :takethat:

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Just started case 4. Was Edgeworth's line about lupus meant to be a House reference? If so, that's awesome.

A Seeker of Truth

2 things:

1- I've played through the entire translation within the last few days, and I must say well done :) Really, you guys did a fantastic job on the translation; it's just as good or perhaps better then anything I've seen from Capcom, so this rocks! If only there was a way to patch the actual cartridge instead of just the library so we can have this physically, but I'll take what I can get, particularly if it's free :)

2- To those with android phones, I'd highly reccomend downloading the DS emulator 'DraStic' for it to play this games. The emulator is solid and runs smoothly, I've personally had no problems with it and it allows you to play the game as it was meant to plaid, through a portable device. It costs a bit of scratch (unless you download the crappy lite version or the full version illegally), but is worth it if you like your DS stuffs :)
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

Huge thanks to everyone who made this possible.

Loved the Jessie Slaughter reference (you dun goofed, consequences will never be the same), just pure hilarious brilliance.

The King of Objection

I have tried all your methods to import the save for case 3 on windows. t works on 9.10 and crashes but never works with 9.9.

The Detective of the three

Im seeing you have issues with the emulator but this works on DS original? If that the case i would be very pleased to kiss translator's feet :edgey:

Hello! You Fool, I love you

Hey there guys,

So I came here to show my support. I'm sure it was a daunting task, but never did you falter. I like to thank you for the hardwork that you did, for the patience, and for the enthusiasm for seeing this up to the end. Thank you very much. I was not able to check out the previous releases as I was waiting for the complete version to come.

3 years ago, I could have played this from start to finish, but now that I have some "ahem" difficult jobs, I have only played the first part, and I think you did an awesome job. Thank you very much for doing this. I don't know how to thank you enough, but I hope this can suffice for now.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Man, that Case 4 Portal reference made me laugh myself to tears for FIVE MINUTES STRAIGHT!!!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Gettin' Old!

Man you guys are just wondrous, I'll admit when it was first announced I didn't think it'd ever be done, there's just so much to do but you did it. You are practically internet heroes for your efforts, and if I wasn't uncertain as to whether Capcom would flip out about it I'd say they should pay you something in thanks to sell this as a product.

Few questions:

Will this work on an emulator? Or only on some kind of card (I don't have any R4 things).

If a card is needed will it only work on original DS or is it good for 3DS?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Programmer

Yes, it works on emulators.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

1000% Knight

Just a reminder to everyone that GK2 spoiler rules are still in effect (for the whole game!), so don't go around posting unmarked spoilers outside of proper threads in the GK2 subforum. (We may lift GK2 spoilers in the not-so-distant future, but for now they're all still in effect.)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

The King of Objection

Does anyone know how to fix my problem?

Fantastic Job guys! You should be proud of yourselves. One :gregory: :gregory: thing though, I just started case 3 but it keeps crashing. Anyone know how to fix it? :gregory:

Pirate Hunter

Pierre wrote:
Man you guys are just wondrous, I'll admit when it was first announced I didn't think it'd ever be done, there's just so much to do but you did it. You are practically internet heroes for your efforts, and if I wasn't uncertain as to whether Capcom would flip out about it I'd say they should pay you something in thanks to sell this as a product.

Few questions:

Will this work on an emulator? Or only on some kind of card (I don't have any R4 things).

If a card is needed will it only work on original DS or is it good for 3DS?

It works fine on emulators, and on flashcarts as well. DeSMuMe, or DraStic, nocash, etc. should all be perfectly okay.

Kevin Wright wrote:
Does anyone know how to fix my problem?

If you upload your save somewhere I'll try to help you. PM me.

flarg123 wrote:
Fantastic Job guys! You should be proud of yourselves. One :gregory: :gregory: thing though, I just started case 3 but it keeps crashing. Anyone know how to fix it? :gregory:

What emulator/flashcard you use? If you use desmume 0.9.10, switch to 0.9.9.

Zoinks

GentlemanGamer wrote:
2- To those with android phones, I'd highly reccomend downloading the DS emulator 'DraStic' for it to play this games. The emulator is solid and runs smoothly, I've personally had no problems with it and it allows you to play the game as it was meant to plaid, through a portable device. It costs a bit of scratch (unless you download the crappy lite version or the full version illegally), but is worth it if you like your DS stuffs :)

This is interesting! What model phone do you have if you don't mind me asking?
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

You guys do an amazing work! The endings credits was like... What??? Is that the finish of the game, no way i want more.

You should be proud of youshelfs. Nothing remarcable trought cases 4-5. All works fine on emulator DesMume

Thanks soo much form Spain. :edgey:

Thank you guys for the amazing work! It's so brilliantly done, I don't feel like I'm playing anything other than the official version!

I've nearly finished the [End] section of Case 5 but...oh god, my emulator is crashing!

Both Drastic (Which i've been mainly playing on) and Desume won't progress past a certain point in the story.

Anyone got any tips for fixing it? Or can upload a working save file for one click after? I tried playing through from chapter start, but it crashed again... :(
Thank you!

I've fixed it by switching to the Xdelta patch (previously using Beat). Hopefully, fingers crossed, it'll work right through to the end! :)

Oompa-Loompa

I'm still in the middle of Case 3, but so far you guys have done an amazing job. I'm definitely enjoying this game more than the first Investigations, so thanks for letting that happen for me.

Leader of the Turtles

I died at Sebastian's Pokemon anime reference in Case 4!

Spoiler: Question (Case 4 Spoilers?)
This may sound stupid, but how are voice clips in English for GK2 only characters like Sebastian or his really creepy-sounding father? Seriously, Blaise's "Objection!" voice is outright creepy!

EDIT: Never mind, I saw the credits...

Last edited by EpicJackman on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just realized that I was so busy telling people they need to have Desume 9.9 (or lower) that I never got a chance to thank you guys. I greatly appreciate all the hard work that was put into this. Admittedly, at the time it was announced I figured that there was no way the project would finish. Thanks for proving me wrong! I also remember getting annoyed when you guys said you were editing some character sprites and other sprites to have English words on them. I thought "great, now there's no way they'll finish this. That's way too much hard work (and they're not even getting paid to do it)." Once again, I ate my words. The localization in this is amazing, and the fact that even the sprites were changed made it feel really authentic. Thank you guys so much for letting me experience the game I so badly wanted to play!

Thank you guys so much for making this fan translation possible! :phoenix:

One of the best translations since Mother 3, however, it might not get the recognition as the fan translation of Mother 3 has gotten over the years.

That might be due to how the Mother series has such a huge cult following than Ace Attorney. Ace Attorney has a big cult following, but not to the extent of the Mother series.

Let's just see if Capcom will now decide to localize AAI2 themselves or hopefully they don't try to take this fan translation and sell it through Nintendo eShop. :ron:

I strive to find the truth!

I would like a link to the readme. It didn't come with the patch. :sadshoe: Thanks.
I have obtained a new achievement-typing the letter c gives the Court Records website.

Gettin' Old!

I'm having trouble finding the patch, I click on the link on gbatemp.net but it just takes me to a Beat download and not a patch.

Edit: Nevermind was being derp.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Prosecutor

I finished the game.
I want to say it is awesome. I prefer this one than AAI1.
Thank You so much to have translated the game, I had the opportunity to play it...
You are...the best!

Spoiler:
May You put Clown Simon's sprites in Court Records, please?

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Got it too work and thank you sooooo much everyone you have done a fantastic job :D
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

Y'know

My only nitpicks are the role credits for fan translation being horribly ugly. Fanmade Gregory mugshot is the worst of it as a whole, I think.

Nearavex wrote:
My only nitpicks are the role credits for fan translation being horribly ugly. Fanmade Gregory mugshot is the worst of it as a whole, I think.

That really doesn't tell what is wrong with those credits.
Constructive critique would be appreciated.

Y'know

It's unnecessary images for the most part. I was fine with most of them, actually, but this one really made me cringe.

?

It looks fine. It's in-game, actually (the title screen for Case 3)

Y'know

>A line of mugshots
>Bam! Sudden image made in a different way scaled down and treated like mugshot.

Honestly...? I have no qualms about how it looks as official art, I have qualms about how it looks as a mugshot.

LOBEI

It might be a bit too late but,

For people experiencing trouble, try finding desmune 9.7, this version worked perfectly for me, no bugs at all!

I'm pretty impressed =p
Signature

Last edited by Xzedopau on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nearavex wrote:
>A line of mugshots
>Bam! Sudden image made in a different way scaled down and treated like mugshot.

Honestly...? I have no qualms about how it looks as official art, I have qualms about how it looks as a mugshot.

Gregory doesn't have mugshot in court record, except in AA1. Using that looks bit out of place,
since he doesn't have fedora and old games have bit different artstyle.

I used that because it was best one I remembered at that time.
Only pic where he has face looking forward and is wearing fedora
is the photo Kate took, but I didn't remember that pic at the time.

Does this cringe you?
Page 3 of 4 [ 146 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes