Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 4[ 146 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: AAI2 Fan Translation: Full Patch Released! (BETA)Topic%20Title

Vi3trice wrote:
Well, try importing this file. Those on Windows can use it with the AUTO (from imported) option.

this one works, thank you.

Cause of death is being dummy

Warp wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Vi3trice wrote:
I meant after you pick the save file.

Gotta know if it lets you set something, or if it does the whole thing automatically.

It does everything automatically. Should I disable this somehow? Can I disable this somehow?

I think I figures out the problem. the second option needs to be selected. the one that's not lighting up.

If it's not lit up that means that you actually can't select it, though, right?

Regardless, I'm going to bed now. Hopefully some helpful Mac user understands what's going on and I can get started on case 4 tomorrow. I'll check back then. Good luck, other people with problems. :meekins:

Technician

Warp wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
I think I figures out the problem. the second option needs to be selected. the one that's not lighting up.

The second option is for the file I linked. If you're using the .dsv files, then you have to pick the third option.

the enemy of my enemy is my friend

Kia ora, y'all. Been seeing a few post about Mac and carrying over save states, so… For Mac users: I've been using MultiPatch to patch and OpenEmu to play AAI2, this method might apply to other emulators as well (not sure, no other emulator worked for me tbh ahahaha). Basic method to carry over your save file:

• Patched the full game as a new file (separate to my Case 1-3 file)
• Import it to your emulator (OpenEmu, in my case. Super reliable.)
• Went into Library/Application Support/OpenEmu (or whatever your emulator is)*
• Found the folder with my saves (Batterysave)
• Duplicate my save for Case 1-3
• Rename it to whatever your full game patch name is
• Open up your emulator and ta-da, you're away laughing on a fast camel

Voilà, super basic. But it works and you get to keep your own save! Yaaay

*it's a hidden folder on my computer, so you might have to download Houdini to find it

Also: is anyone else having issues with examining evidence? When I try to examine the letter/ticket/map the bottom screen just comes up black. Could pose to be a problem. Just maybe.

Last edited by hirundo rustica on Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oompa-Loompa

So I've never used an emulator before; would it be possible for someone to post step-by-step instructions for what programs to download, how to open the files, etc (on both PC and Mac)? I know I can't be the only one in this ignorant situation.

BobbyBritish wrote:
So I've never used an emulator before; would it be possible for someone to post step-by-step instructions for what programs to download, how to open the files, etc (on both PC and Mac)? I know I can't be the only one in this ignorant situation.

The easiest way I've found (for Mac) is with the programs in the post I made before your one. You'll need MultiPatch and OpenEmu.

Find a ROM for GK2 and download it and then download the patch (I used the XDelta one). Open up MultiPatch and run the ROM and the patch through it (p easy program to use once you see it). It'll save the patched ROM as a new file (.NDS). Then open the new file in OpenEmu. That's p much it!

What did he do this time...?

You guys are awesome. You have my utmost thanks for making this whole game. There's nothing left to say - everyone who helped make this should be honored. :redd:
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Oompa-Loompa

hirundo rustica wrote:
BobbyBritish wrote:

The easiest way I've found (for Mac) is with the programs in the post I made before your one. You'll need MultiPatch and OpenEmu.

Find a ROM for GK2 and download it and then download the patch (I used the XDelta one). Open up MultiPatch and run the ROM and the patch through it (p easy program to use once you see it). It'll save the patched ROM as a new file (.NDS). Then open the new file in OpenEmu. That's p much it!

Thank you!! :-)

Ace Popcornator

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD I can finally play the last two cases!!! I know what I'm doing tonight!
I will bring your magnificent vengeance to fruition- JUST AS YOU WANT IT!

Blah!

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Vi3trice wrote:
Well, try importing this file. Those on Windows can use it with the AUTO (from imported) option.

Hm.

I import it, and the only thing that happens is that the little text at the bottom of the screen goes from Image or something similar to Image and literally nothing else happens.

Any Mac users know what to do here?

I'm pretty sure all you need to do now is load up the game and try to start the chapter you want. Remember, you are importing a game save, not a savestate. So what you imported will not immediately cause the emulator to start the game.

Ace Nintendo Fan

Does anyone have a ROM that has the whole thing?

Zoinks

Yaaaaaaaaay!

Shout-out to everyone who donated their time and effort to this project. You guys freaking rock. :basil:
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

This is really, really cool. You guys are the greatest!

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

*applaud* Great. If things work out great, I can continue doing this right after doing the first GK game as an LP.

C-A

Many thanks to the team for undergoing such an arduous project! There are very few people who would have completed such a feat.

On a side note, does anyone know how to speed up the text and sound? My experience thus far with the game is that it's very sluggish--the music and text is not at its normal speed. This has occurred before, yet rebooting the computer would typically help. That is not the case this time though.

Edit: I was able to fix the text speed by messing around with the config, but the sound is still incredibly slow, even though I changed the interpolation setting. :ron:

~WHEEE~

Just finished the fourth case! This patch is amazing, however i noticed the fourth case has A LOT of pop culture references, which gave me a chuckle. But it just made me groan after a while especially in
Spoiler:
the conductor's breakdown

otherwise this patch is extremely well done :edgey:

Congratulations! This wasn't an easy task. But you finally made it! Thank you! Now we can finally play this awesome game from start to end. Thanks :acro:
"No matter how tragic the truth may be,
it would be an even greater tragedy to avert
one's eyes from it." - Miles Edgeworth

Ace Procrastinator

Well, I used the Beat patch on a clean rom and the save I had from the previous patch worked fine on it. I'm about to beat Case 3 now and move on to the other 2 cases.

Omg I'm so happy it finally finished! I'm so gonna play case 1-5 mon and Tues since I have no work and I lost my save file due to having my hard-drive replaced since it broke.

Thank you so much, you can't possibly know how happy and euphoric I am. This is the best closure feeling I have ever had. Ever.

Oh god...I don't even know what to say about this. Just..thank you,I know it should have been very hard to do this,and I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into this project,and I don't think that simply saying thanks will be enough to express how happy I feel about this.
Signature loading, please wait...

I'm trying to use the xdelta patch but it asks for the patch (which I have) the source file (I assume this is the rom) and an output file. I have no idea what that is.

EDIT: I figured it out. I didn't realize I had to name the file my bad. Thank you for all the hard work

hirundo rustica wrote:
Kia ora, y'all. Been seeing a few post about Mac and carrying over save states, so… For Mac users: I've been using MultiPatch to patch and OpenEmu to play AAI2, this method might apply to other emulators as well (not sure, no other emulator worked for me tbh ahahaha). Basic method to carry over your save file:

*it's a hidden folder on my computer, so you might have to download Houdini to find it

Also: is anyone else having issues with examining evidence? When I try to examine the letter/ticket/map the bottom screen just comes up black. Could pose to be a problem. Just maybe.

Thank you so much! I've just started case 4!! :will:

Edit: Although I suppose I am having the same evidence-examining problems. Hopefully this won't throw me off too much... at least I have a questionably translated walkthrough on hand.

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
hirundo rustica wrote:

Edit: Although I suppose I am having the same evidence-examining problems. Hopefully this won't throw me off too much... at least I have a questionably translated walkthrough on hand.

I had the same problem. The F.A.Q. answered it though. It says that you need to download Desume 0.9.9 (I had 0.9.10 when the issue happened). Ever since I tried it on 0.9.9, everything worked perfectly. Hope this helps!

Clandestiny wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
hirundo rustica wrote:

I had the same problem. The F.A.Q. answered it though. It says that you need to download Desume 0.9.9 (I had 0.9.10 when the issue happened). Ever since I tried it on 0.9.9, everything worked perfectly. Hope this helps!

I think we all saw how incompetent I am at Desmume, lol. :jake: But so far it hasn't really hindered me, so I'll just live with it since I usually forget to check the organizer anyway.

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
hirundo rustica wrote:
I think we all saw how incompetent I am at Desmume, lol. :jake: But so far it hasn't really hindered me, so I'll just live with it since I usually forget to check the organizer anyway.

Dude, you don't need to be experienced (I'm very bad at these kinds of things myself :basil: ). All you need to do is download an older version of Desume than 9.10 and it should work (google is your friend). I also think not being able to see evidence could severely hinder your experience, especially during rebuttals.

Clandestiny wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:

Dude, you don't need to be experienced (I'm very bad at these kinds of things myself :basil: ). All you need to do is download an older version of Desume than 9.10 and it should work (google is your friend). I also think not being able to see evidence could severely hinder your experience, especially during rebuttals.

Desmume 9.9 was what I was trying to use earlier.

Anyone further into the 'new' cases than I am: is there any parts that absolutely require being able to check evidence? So far I've just been keeping what was said about it when it was first added to the organizer in mind, and figuring out via context what was needed in rebuttals.

Servant of the Goddess of Law

I heard that there was a way to boot this up on your DS or 3DS through an SD card is that true?

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Technically, yes, but it requires a flash cart. You'll have to google it. Just note that the 3DS firmware will sometimes block flash carts from working, so the only guaranteed way for it to work is on a DS Lite or DS original.

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Clandestiny wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:

Desmume 9.9 was what I was trying to use earlier.

Anyone further into the 'new' cases than I am: is there any parts that absolutely require being able to check evidence? So far I've just been keeping what was said about it when it was first added to the organizer in mind, and figuring out via context what was needed in rebuttals.

Hmm. That's weird. I haven't gotten far enough yet, so I'm not sure. But I'm assuming pointing out contradictions in photos of crime scenes or the like might be tricky. Hopefully, you'll manage somehow.:sahwit:

Clandestiny wrote:

Funny that, DeSmuME never worked for me before! I couldn't find 9.9 for OS X but I downloaded 9.8 and everything's hunky dory now. Thanks!!

Programmer

Desmume 0.9.10 is known to crash during the opening of at least one case. This is a blocking issue.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Servant of the Goddess of Law

TheDoctor wrote:
Technically, yes, but it requires a flash cart. You'll have to google it. Just note that the 3DS firmware will sometimes block flash carts from working, so the only guaranteed way for it to work is on a DS Lite or DS original.

Going to have to look into that once all the bugs get ironed out with this game.

El Psy Congroo. 8)

Woohoo! Thank you so much. ^___^

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Glad to hear this is finally finished! :edgey: I've managed to patch it and open it, but the sound and text are going extremely slow for some reason, and I've got no idea how to fix it.

Bitter Old Man

I can't believe all the hard work that had to go into this, and to see such an excellent end product, brings tears to my eyes! The people who labored on this for the rest of us deserve great thanks!

I can speak to the fact so far (through case 2-3 end) the game runs perfectly on a Brick DS and DS lite with a Cyclos DS with the last software update. I rarely use it, but in this case I'm very glad I have it, as this is just the kind of thing flash cards should be used for.
Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do NOT let him touch your genitals.

Spoiler: I'M JUST TRYING TO EXAMINE EVERY NOOK AND CRANNY

Haha I'm so screwed. Walkthrough and random guessing time!!

(Seriously though, once the bugs are ironed out, do you release a new patch or something? How does this work?)

Edit: Oh good Lord it is so easy to abuse savestates in OpenEmu. This is working out surprisingly well.

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:

(Seriously though, once the bugs are ironed out, do you release a new patch or something? How does this work?)

Edit: Oh good Lord it is so easy to abuse savestates in OpenEmu. This is working out surprisingly well.

As it's been stated many times before, if you switch to Desume 0.9.9 or lower, the bugs you've been encountering will be fixed. A new patch will be released eventually to fix any typos, errors and other things.

Technician

Rollingball wrote:
As it's been stated many times before, if you switch to Desume 0.9.9 or lower, the bugs you've been encountering will be fixed. A new patch will be released eventually to fix any typos, errors and other things.

On Mac, seems like it's 0.9.8 that's working fine.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:

Oh come on, this is a screenshot in the game. It's obviously from that one scene where
Spoiler:
Ema was supposed to hand Edgeworth a pair of her awesome infrared shades but made the mistake of turning the lights off first.
I'm just kidding guys please don't kill me

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Page 2 of 4 [ 146 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes