Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 28 posts ]

Dai Gyakuten Saiban to appear in TGS 2014Topic%20Title

迷探偵

http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs2014/game_dgs.html

TGS 2014 (September 18 ~ 21 (20-21 for public)
- DGS booth consists of a theater room with special footage (including in-game footage)
- Visitors of the theater receive a DGS postcard set
- Hints at the possibility of one of those classic TGS GS trailers...

+ http://www.capcom.co.jp/new-gyakuten/

New information will be revealed on the official DGS site on September 11 (Thursday, so together with Famitsu, as always probably).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban to appear in TGS 2014Topic%20Title

1000% Knight

Cool beans.

If only I wasn't avoiding spoilers.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Same. Sigh...

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Ash wrote:
- Hints at the possibility of one of those classic TGS GS trailers...

Does that mean we might get a GS6/GK3 announcement?! Just kidding, but that would really be nice. Also, can someone move this to Trial Minutes?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Gardevoir lover

Let the hype begin!

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

元・超会社員級の管理人

Lack of playable demo is a bit of a shame (when's this thing coming out, anyway...?) but otherwise, good to get TGS confirmation!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

1000% Knight

Bolt Storm wrote:
Lack of playable demo is a bit of a shame (when's this thing coming out, anyway...?) but otherwise, good to get TGS confirmation!

A release date would be nice, I hope we get one. I'm pretty sure we're going to get it in 2015, but there's a big gap between February and the holiday season...
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Mid-late 2015 would be my guess, seeing as Takumi said around the initial reveal that they'd only gotten into full development then. Would like to be wrong, but...

Also guessing that we won't be hearing anything from Yamazaki's team given DD just got released on iOS.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Breakdown

Awesome, and unless that's concept art only it's looking like Takumi's going with a 2-d style again. Can't wait.

Fate Testarossa

Excited to hear that we'll see another TGS Special Court session. Those were always great.

Fate is made by クロス

A New Chapter of Trials!

I love those good old TGS trailers, I was really sad when they stopped doing those. I can't wait to see some actual gameplay for DGS too. I mean, we know next to nothing about the game so far, so it's very possible we'll get to see some new gameplay features.
Eureka!

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I wanna see the initial trailer and gameplay footage, but I'm gonna try to avoid marketing stuff they make in the months up to the game's release next year or something.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Athena Internet Defense Force

Aw baby.

I'll admit I get way too close to this series for my own good and try to follow the pre-release buzz as intently as possible but it always ends up blowing up in my face in some way as a result.

I'll never learn...

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Turnabout_Lawman wrote:
Awesome, and unless that's concept art only it's looking like Takumi's going with a 2-d style again. Can't wait.

I wish. I'm inclined to believe it's just character art, not representative of what the in-game graphics will look like. If it were true, though...if they went back to a more 2D graphical presentation, that would really be icing on the cake. :edgey:

Totally not my sig...

Go ahead, make my day...

While they can't really reuse any of DD's 3D models, chances are that TGAA will at least utilise its engine. So I very much doubt the game will use sprites. I will certainly miss them, though. :acro:

I'm very curious to see how this game will turn out. The Meiji Restoration was a rather turbulent time in Japan's history, since a lot of changes took place in a relatively short time frame. The whole European/Anglo-American style of judicial and legal systems was a rather radical departure from the feudal system that existed before that. I imagine a big theme of the game will be skepticism over these changes and the process of discovery as to how things are supposed to work.

It certainly is a setting/time period with a lot of potential. I bet at least one defendant will be a former Samurai who can't accept the loss of his status and has resorted to drink and brawling. We might also see Victor Kudo's ancestors and the Fey clan...heck, maybe even Ami Fey herself!

Bad Player wrote:

Hmm, did they ever show spoilers during the GS presentations at the TGS? I can't remember any.

Nick T. Callahan wrote:
It certainly is a setting/time period with a lot of potential. I bet at least one defendant will be a former Samurai who can't accept the loss of his status and has resorted to drink and brawling. We might also see Victor Kudo's ancestors and the Fey clan...heck, maybe even Ami Fey herself!

I hope they don't overuse it, though. The judge can be the same looking judge as always, that's fine and a series trademark. Ami Fey or another Fey character is also fine, because in the original trilogy the Fey clan and their prestigious members were always mentioned. But I don't want to see a Payne ancestor in the first case, followed by a Von Karma/Edgeworth ancestor as the main rival, while you try to rescue the Butz ancestor who was witnessed by the Lotta Hart ancestor doing some shady stuff, while in reality he was only stalking an Oldbag ancestor who he thought was a Cindy Block ancestor...

Last edited by Lusankya on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:21 am, edited 5 times in total.

Fate Testarossa

I don't ever recall the TGS Special Courts being too spoilery. Like... The AJ one revealed Apollo. And the GS1DS one... I don't believe spoiled anything at all.

Fate is made by クロス

Art Person

Bad Player wrote:
Cool beans.

Have there ever been spoilers in official info reveals for GS?
Spoiler: DD
I know DD did the whole "Fake Edgeworth" screenshots to hide his story.

Still, I'm dying for more info on this game, so I'm not holding back with the news from TGS. I followed DD closely, I kept PLvsAA Spoiler free, and so I guess this time around It's another "Follow the game" hopefully this time without spoiling the ending.

Athena Internet Defense Force

Thing is, why even bother previewing a game unless you want people to be excited for it?

It's true, a series like Gyakuten Saiban is heavily plot-driven but even so, I think that is acknowledged when they're trying to build up hype for the game and they choose what they show to the public so it doesn't violate that.

You can probably follow the preview media without risking a lot, I'd imagine. It's when you start getting too curious that it can bite you in the back (reading stuff that's NOT preview material but actual information pulled from the game). That's something I keep doing and keep paying for, unfortunately.

Do your best, Nick. Hee... hee... hee...

Lusankya wrote:
I hope they don't overuse it, though. The judge can be the same looking judge as always, that's fine and a series trademark. Ami Fey or another Fey character is also fine, because in the original trilogy the Fey clan and their prestigious members were always mentioned. But I don't want to see a Payne ancestor in the first case, followed by a Von Karma/Edgeworth ancestor as the main rival, while you try to rescue the Butz ancestor who was witnessed by the Lotta Hart ancestor doing some shady stuff, while in reality he was only stalking an Oldbag ancestor who he thought was a Cindy Block ancestor...

I agree with you, although I would be amused if they threw in a teenage Oldbag (just to imply that she's that old)

LuigiHann wrote:
Lusankya wrote:

I agree with you, although I would be amused if they threw in a teenage Oldbag (just to imply that she's that old)

I think Oldbag would still look the same as normal (even older than that old. :jake:

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I wonder if there's any chance of Capcom USA letting us know about the localization at TGS, or if that was a one time thing due to the circumstances around GK2.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Kevin Wright: Ace Attorney

Lusankya wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Hmm, did they ever show spoilers during the GS presentations at the TGS? I can't remember any.

Nick T. Callahan wrote:

I think the Fey clan was founded way before DGS. Why would they Fey clan be only a little over 100 years? That makes no sense.
Kevin Ace Attorney Image Image

Kevin Ace Attorney wrote:

I think the Fey clan was founded way before DGS. Why would they Fey clan be only a little over 100 years? That makes no sense.

Yeah, I forgot Ami Fey was actually the founder of the Fey clan. So if they want to show a Fey in the game they should use an entirely new character.

Go ahead, make my day...

Lusankya wrote:
I hope they don't overuse it, though. The judge can be the same looking judge as always, that's fine and a series trademark. Ami Fey or another Fey character is also fine, because in the original trilogy the Fey clan and their prestigous members were always mentioned. But I don't want to see a Payne ancestor in the first case, followed by a Von Karma/Edgeworth ancestor as the main rival, while you try to rescue the Butz ancestor who was witnessed by the Lotta Hart ancestor doing some shady stuff, while in reality he was only stalking an Oldbag ancestor who he thought was a Cindy Block ancestor...

Oh yeah, absolutely....I wouldn't want to see that happen either. Even Phoenix having an ancestor that is just like him is stretching suspension of disbelief as it is. But I see no problem with the inclusion of things that are likely to be around during this time period, such as the embroidery business Kudo's ancestors had.

Kevin Ace Attorney wrote:

Frankly, the only reason we might have to believe that the Fey clan is older than 100 years (though the Meiji Restoration took place well over 100 years ago at this point) is that the story of the clan's creation is described as a "legend", thus implying it is something from a very long time ago. Otherwise, there is nothing to indicate when exactly Ami Fey lived. Plus, keep in mind that the Fey family predates Ami Fey herself; it's just that it only became a clan when she created the Kurain Channeling Technique.

That said, it's probably still a better idea to have a different Fey character in TGAA.

OBJECTION!

Personally, if this gets localised/translated, I'm really interested to see how this will translate for a Western audience, as the average EU/US gamer probably doesnt know much about Japanese history, could be very interesting.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Programmer

Well, I imagine that a lot of Japanese people don't know much either. They are going to need some explanations in all versions of the game.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Nick T. Callahan wrote:
While they can't really reuse any of DD's 3D models, chances are that TGAA will at least utilise its engine. So I very much doubt the game will use sprites. I will certainly miss them, though. :acro:

I'm very curious to see how this game will turn out. The Meiji Restoration was a rather turbulent time in Japan's history, since a lot of changes took place in a relatively short time frame. The whole European/Anglo-American style of judicial and legal systems was a rather radical departure from the feudal system that existed before that. I imagine a big theme of the game will be skepticism over these changes and the process of discovery as to how things are supposed to work.

I think a Kudo ancestor would be a great idea since Kudo was not a major character so it would not come off as all the old faces showing up again as it might if we had an ancestor of a more established character. Also since the Meiji period was a period of quick social change with several Western ideas being adopted one of Victor's ancestors moaning about the loss of traditional values would fit like a glove.
Page 1 of 1 [ 28 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes