Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 77 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: 10 years of Ace Attorney, and 14 of Gyakuten SaibanTopic%20Title

Great Revival

henke37 wrote:
I prefer "obtained", it has a higher Scrabble score.

Well we're not playing Scrabble! ...Yet...

A New Chapter of Trials!

All of you non-purchasing peasants, pshhhh. (Not really)
Eureka!

Great Revival

Apollon wrote:

I was 10 years old back then, I didn't know any better.
And now I'm 12.... I DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER! :sahwit:

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Hey, I'm happy for my physical purchases. I still have my little tiny plush Phoenix from my Trials and Tribulations preorder and my shiny Apollo Objection! Keychain from my Apollo Justice preorder. They may be small and insignificant, but I still love 'em.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Great Revival

dullahan1 wrote:
Hey, I'm happy for my physical purchases. I still have my little tiny plush Phoenix from my Trials and Tribulations preorder and my shiny Apollo Objection! Keychain from my Apollo Justice preorder. They may be small and insignificant, but I still love 'em.

Stupid lucky Dullahan... :edgeworth:

Gardevoir lover

dullahan1 wrote:

That was something that happened?

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Great Revival

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Maybe it's exclusive to a specific country...?

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

That doesn't seem that weird, AA seems to have a lot of merchandise. (I mean, there is a musical so why not a simple plush toy and a key chain?)
Signature loading, please wait...

Great Revival

cesar26100 wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

That doesn't seem that weird, AA seems to have a lot of merchandise. (I mean, there is a musical so why not a simple plush toy and a key chain?)

The next piece of merchandise will be this, calling it.
"And now we have the best piece of merchandise of all...
You're own Ace Attorney!
We took the time out of our lives to capture them, so we hope you enjoy"

They were pre-order bonuses that were offered for the games at Gamestop here at the states. It wasn't anything fancy at the time though because the series was still very, VERY niche at the time. From what I recall, they didn't have anything for JFA and I don't think they've had anything since. This was way back in 07 and 08 though. There is a lot more merch and love for the series nowadays, which I'm happy about.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

[Whip the cream!]

Oh yay! :edgey:

Well, the "how I got into the series"-stories... Mine is: my sibling started playing it and mentioned a few things to me. That got me interested, so next time we met up I played a little... and got, well, pretty hooked. :kristoph: Was about 2,5 years ago.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Great Revival

WaitingforGodot wrote:
and got, well, pretty hooked. :kristoph:

And judging by that smiley, you suddenly turned into Kristoph?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I got into the series when I saw my brother play on his iPod touch. It was in 2011, when the first iOS port included the DS graphics.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Apollon wrote:

Well, good on Capcom to shift over to the 3DS console, since I doubt anyone will come up with a functioning 3DS emulator before the actual console is superseded by a future system. Now I've gone completely legit and bought the games fairly, so doing my part to help support the company.

Too bad the extra I pay for SD cards won't be going to Capcom...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Great Revival

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Apollon wrote:

Well, good on Capcom to shift over to the 3DS console, since I doubt anyone will come up with a functioning 3DS emulator before the actual console is superseded by a future system. Now I've gone completely legit and bought the games fairly, so doing my part to help support the company.

Well actually...

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Oliver wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Apollon wrote:

Well actually...

By "functioning", I meant that it'd be a complete version without any of the kinks. Besides, knowing Nintendo, the next new portable console is already out.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Great Revival

Knowing Nintendo...? The DS was out for nearly a decade before the 3DS came out.
And don't talk about the NX, the 3DS, WiiU and NX will all be getting games released.

I first got into the series after reading a Nintendo Power article about the then upcoming Apollo Justice. So, around January 2007- I was in my Senior year of high school. I'm not sure what it was about the article that made it seem so interesting to me, but the next time I was at the mall I noticed a copy of one of the Ace Attorney games and purchased it.

The game I bought was Trials and Tribulations, and I made it through the first trial before realizing just how story heavy and interconnected the games were. After all, Case 1 was a flashback so there was no reference to prior events. I was a short ways into the second case when I realized I had to stop playing and go back to the beginning. I drove myself to the local Gamestop (getting pulled over by a cop for the first time on the way there) and got the first Ace Attorney game.

I played through all three before Apollo Justice was released. My dad was diagnosed with a returning cancer around that time as well, and I distinctly remember playing the games while visiting him in the hospital, and they helped me get through his stay there. I've played every game since with the exception of AAI2 (although I finally gave in and am currently playing it) and Dai Gyakuten Saiben (I suppose I'll have to wait for a fan translation of that one too). So I'm a few months over a year away from my own 10 year anniversary with the series, and it always amuses me to remember that in my first introduction to Phoenix he was this guy :nixiesob:

The cape is self-fluttering

dullahan1 wrote:
They were pre-order bonuses that were offered for the games at Gamestop here at the states. It wasn't anything fancy at the time though because the series was still very, VERY niche at the time. From what I recall, they didn't have anything for JFA and I don't think they've had anything since. This was way back in 07 and 08 though. There is a lot more merch and love for the series nowadays, which I'm happy about.

Huh. Must've been limited to certain stores. I got nothing extra when I preordered AJ from Gamestop.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

High Functioning Sociopath

Ten years....Cripes!

Let's see, I believe Hotel Dusk was my gateway drug into Ace Attorney. I was so intrigued by the cover of Hotel Dusk that I bought a DS just to play that game. As I was searching for tips and tricks, I ran into tips and tricks for Ace Attorney. I was intrigued and I was at a store that sold new and used games, and lo and behold, there was a used version of JFA, and, not realizing it wasn't the first game, purchased it. I told a coworker about my purchase and they were excited for me and they told me that they couldn't let me play the games out of order, so he let me borrow his copy of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and I played all three games in two months! I was working full time at the time and babysitting my nieces, so I played whenever I had the time. This was in 2007 and I've been in love ever since!

:pearl: :pearly:
"In a world of locked doors, the man with the key is King, and honey, you should see me in a crown!" ~Moriarty~
All my fan-fiction in one complete package!

Great Revival

Pearls1975 wrote:
Ten years....Cripes!

Let's see, I believe Hotel Dusk was my gateway drug into Ace Attorney. I was so intrigued by the cover of Hotel Dusk that I bought a DS just to play that game. As I was searching for tips and tricks, I ran into tips and tricks for Ace Attorney. I was intrigued and I was at a store that sold new and used games, and lo and behold, there was a used version of JFA, and, not realizing it wasn't the first game, purchased it. I told a coworker about my purchase and they were excited for me and they told me that they couldn't let me play the games out of order, so he let me borrow his copy of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and I played all three games in two months! I was working full time at the time and babysitting my nieces, so I played whenever I had the time. This was in 2007 and I've been in love ever since!

:pearl: :pearly:

Well you have a nice friend.
I'd never pass out my copy of PW:AA to anyone.
Not even myself.

Jean Descole wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Huh. Must've been limited to certain stores. I got nothing extra when I preordered AJ from Gamestop.

Well that's a rip. Limited quantity probably played a factor in it.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

元・超会社員級の管理人

Sharing stories? I should've thought to put that in the first post. That's what I get for writing news posts at midnight. :yogi:

Anyway... I got into the series in early '06, if I'm not mistaken. And funnily enough, it wasn't through Ace Attorney itself, exactly - it was through C-R. Another forum I frequented (long gone) had something of an AA fanbase, but one person in particular had a couple of the mugshots as their avatar. They linked back to C-R in their sig, so I popped through and spent some time clicking around, seeing all the characters and sprites... probably spoiled myself on a good chunk of things, but oh well.

After that I dug up the fan translation of 3-1 and gave it a whirl. I was pretty instantly hooked. Joined C-R, tracked down a copy of PW:AA, and joined the wait for GS2DS and its English option (which I imported - couldn't wait those extra few months!)

Weird to think that now, about ten years on, I'm helping run this place. Weird to think it's been about ten years. A lot's happened since then, but boy oh boy have I enjoyed the ride. (Fond memories of the frantic dissection of GS4 when it finally came out - not that any of us besides Croik and a few others actually spoke Japanese!) Like I said in the first post, the series has had its ups and downs, but at this point it's safe to say I'm in for the long haul.

Here's to AA6 and beyond!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Great Revival

Bolt Storm wrote:
Sharing stories? I should've thought to put that in the first post. That's what I get for writing news posts at midnight. :yogi:

It was my idea, I deserve moderator rank now. :yogi:

Bolt Storm wrote:
Here's to AA6 and beyond!

*pulls out wineglass* To AA6 and beyond!

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I've told this story a million times by now, but I got into the series with AJ when I happened to read about it in a 2008 Nintendo Power article, so its been 7 years for me. I remember checking C-R in 2008-2009 all the time expecting GS5 to be announced. Its weird to think that GS5 was released almost 2 years ago now. I joined C-R in 2012, and since then 3 new AA games have been released in the west, with another one the way. Time goes fast.

It was cool to see the 2012-2013 C-R banner again. Brings me back to that time when I'd be on here every day reading and talking about DD. Now the banner is back and a new GS is being made! It's like Deja Vu!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

I started this year and played them on an emulator. After getting a legal copy of plvspw, I'm now plowing through the layton games on said emulator.

At least I paid for the emulator....
Feel free to reply.
Or not.
Thanks though!

Great Revival

Asursrus wrote:
I started this year and played them on an emulator. After getting a legal copy of plvspw, I'm now plowing through the layton games on said emulator.

At least I paid for the emulator....

You paid for what should be free and got for free what should be paid for...
Good job. XD

Athena Internet Defense Force

Next year we ought to do something special, considering it's the first year of Phoenix Wright's career.

Great Revival

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
Next year we ought to do something special, considering it's the first year of Phoenix Wright's career.

Meh.
Let's just buy him some cheap birthday present and call it a day.

The video game boy; the one who wins

WaitingforGodot wrote:
Mine is: my sibling started playing it and mentioned a few things to me. That got me interested, so next time we met up I played a little... and got, well, pretty hooked. :kristoph: Was about 2,5 years ago.

What a sweet little story. Such a nice sibling to have.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

Oliver wrote:
And judging by that smiley, you suddenly turned into Kristoph?

I did not.
Going for Miles wrote:
What a sweet little story. Such a nice sibling to have.

A nice sibling indeed, Going for Miles, a nice sibling indeed. :edgey:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Not much of a story but I first knew about it through a DVD of trailers from E3 2005 which I believe that I got from Nintendo Power. I knew of the game for a while but only decided to look for it around early 2006 (I think Feb-March). I was able to quickly find a used copy at a close by EB Games and the rest is history. With the exception of the two games that were not localized I have played all the entries in the series including the crossover.

currently stuck in P3 pitfall

How did I got into this series, huh?

I first knew about AA in 2010, when my younger brother was playing the trilogy games. I enjoyed seeing him playing the games, but it was not only until in late 2013, I started playing it right when I was in the Layton fandom. Afterwards, I got hooked into the fandom, draw fanarts, read fanfics on fanfiction.net and made myself shipping Edgeworth and Franziska.

Later on, I played the Investigations spinoff which made me liking Edgeworth even more. And since I love crossovers to the bottom of my heart, I even wrote a Layton and AA fanfic, which is currently on hold yet, and somewhat, I'm cooling myself down from the fandom and went back to my anime mood.

I'm into Kagerou Project (a vocaloid song series) and K project(anime) at the moment, but I still enjoy Ace Attorney like I used to.
uhh... still waiting for a new sig to be made...

The video game boy; the one who wins

Ah, gee. I've only been into the series for less than 3 years out of the 10/15, but even so reading this thread makes me so nostalgic :grossberg:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Great Revival

Going for Miles wrote:
Ah, gee. I've only been into the series for less than 3 years out of the 10/15, but even so reading this thread makes me so nostalgic :grossberg:

"Ah, like the scent of fresh lemons..."

Nerd Processor

Oliver wrote:
Going for Miles wrote:

"Ah, like the scent of fresh lemons..."

Dammit! Grossberg is following me today. I blame Turnabout Musical. :lana:

Was looking at the release dates for AA earlier. The first game didn't get released here in the UK until March 2006 (So I guess where I am I shouldn't even be posting in this thread yet cos for this country it's not been ten years yet! :beef: :redd: ). I wonder why the EU dates were so far after the U.S. release. (In the case of T&T it was almost a whole year later! It wasn't until AJ the release dates got closer together. Though I've just noticed we got PLvsPW a few months before the U.S. Huh. :udgey: )
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

Objection!

Location: a curiously above ground underground laboratory in western Kentucky

10 years of Nick! :phoenix: I've been with Ace Attorney since early 2006, before Justice for All came out. I briefly owned AA1 before being "asked" to let it go by the person with whom I was in a relationship with at the time.
With disposable income and a new-ish GameCube and DS, I discovered a game trading community online in 2005 and did well there; my mission after said relationship failed: get Phoenix Wright back into the collection.
I was able to get AA1 back courtesy of a trader who remembered I was able to help him a few months prior, and back down the rabbit hole I went. Haven't looked back since.

dullahan1 wrote:

Ah yes, little bitty keychain plushie Phoenix. I also preordered T&T perhaps expecting a nicer bonus than Tom Thumb: Ace Attorney. :maya-thought:

Another kind gentleman with whom I traded online lots of times made a much larger plushie Phoenix for me as a Christmas gift. We're married now, and still shamelessly promoting thinky games that may or may not have good-looking, if slightly odd, men on the box. :kissy:
Sailorneorune, shamelessly waving her big Phoenix Wright flag around since 2006.
Page 2 of 2 [ 77 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes