Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 52 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ace Attorney 6 News Livestream: How to Watch, What to ExpectTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Important: CyTube is currently experiencing issues. The backup stream is at http://www.hitbox.tv/boltgsr.

As announced last week, today (3/5, 3/6 Europe and Japan time) Capcom TV will be hosting a special broadcast for AA6, revealing the game's release date, "info you'll see here first", and of course, "that" character! The stream will be running live, hosted by Capcom TV's MCs and with special guest Rio Uchida. AA6 director Yamazaki and producer Eshiro are also expected to appear.

The stream starts at 13:00 JST (8 PM PT, 11 PM ET, 5 AM CET, 6 AM GMT) and will run for two hours. Here's a breakdown of how to watch it and what to expect!

Where can I watch this stream?
The official stream will be on Ameba Fresh, a Japanese streaming site. However, because we've gotten mixed reports about there being a geographical lock on the streams there, we'll be restreaming it at our Cytube channel. Note that as a restream, there's a slightly higher chance of technical issues, but we'll do our best to avoid any.

Cytube?
A video-watching/chat service we have installed, which enables people to watch streams and videos in sync while chatting. Drop by - it'll be fun!

I'm not in one of those timezones above...
Capcom's official channel will show the broadcast time in your time zone - in the upper left where it says 放送予定.

Will this be translated?
While we won't be translating every word, at least one of the C-R staff who speaks Japanese will be in the Cytube channel and translating the major points. Plus I imagine other folks who speak the language will drop by as well!

I can't watch this live. Will I be able to catch a recording later?
It's not clear if Capcom will make a recording available on Ameba Fresh - in the past it looks like they haven't always done so for their Capcom TV broadcasts. The goal is to keep a recording of our restream, subject to technical difficulties. In any event, I'd expect Capcom to upload any major news (like a trailer) to the various AA channels after the show.

What should I expect tonight?
We'll start with the bad news: expect some filler. This is a two-hour show hosted by Capcom TV's very chatty MCs, and with a special guest stopping by. If you haven't watched Japanese variety shows before, you might be in for an unpleasant surprise that it's not all going to be gameplay and reveals.

But then there's the good news! Per Capcom's advertisements for the event, we know we're getting a Japanese release date, a character reveal, and more info in general. They're also soliciting questions for the special guest and AA6 director Yamazaki/producer Eshiro. Other things that might show up include merch talk, new (or at least not-previously-public) gameplay footage, special edition details, AA anime talk, demo talk... none of these are guaranteed, but they would line up fairly solidly with Capcom's past AA marketing plans.

This post will be updated once the streams are about to go live. See you all tonight!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney 6 News Livestream: How to Watch, What to ExTopic%20Title

I can confirmed streams do NOT work from outside Japan. Wasn't able to load a single one on my regular connection. Used a VPN, and bam, suddenly worked. I'll try Cytubes then.
ImageImageImage

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Only 6 hours and 40 minutes for me. My timezone is Pacific. But still, even if I can't have a translation, seeing is believing.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

L~A wrote:
I can confirmed streams do NOT work from outside Japan. Wasn't able to load a single one on my regular connection. Used a VPN, and bam, suddenly worked. I'll try Cytubes then.

I've just tried to open two random streams and they are working fine (not using a VPN or anything like that).

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

元・超会社員級の管理人

Hence, "mixed reports". We'll have the original stream available as backup, but it's safer in terms of getting it visible to everyone to have a restream.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

A Kirby and AA fan

Whoa, when people said Sunday, I thought they meant the American Sunday not the Japanese Sunday. Am I right to understand it actually starts in about 3 and a half hours?

Also: Tried two different streams as well, and they work just fine!

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Nurio wrote:
Whoa, when people said Sunday, I thought they meant the American Sunday not the Japanese Sunday. Am I right to understand it actually starts in about 3 and a half hours?

Also: Tried two different streams as well, and they work just fine!

Yep, it's 4:35 PT here where I am and it starts at 8 here.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

A Kirby and AA fan

CET here. This'll be a loooong night ~_~

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

I can see I'll be waking up to good news.

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

So might as well ask just in case it's just me. Is Cytube down for anyone else?

Mia Payne

shippersdreamer wrote:
So might as well ask just in case it's just me. Is Cytube down for anyone else?

yes

元・超会社員級の管理人

Well, better now than in a few hours. Please hold...!

Wooster wrote:

Mia Payne

Bolt Storm wrote:
Well, better now than in a few hours. Please hold...!

Let's move to hitbox?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Great. Just when the hype goes up, Cytube goes down. Guess we'll just have to get the translations via Twitter, then.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

元・超会社員級の管理人

The backup stream will be off-site at http://www.hitbox.tv/boltgsr if we aren't able to fix CyTube in the next hour. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience!

Wooster wrote:

Gyakuten saiban trash

Bolt Storm wrote:
The backup stream will be off-site at http://www.hitbox.tv/boltgsr if we aren't able to fix CyTube in the next hour. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience!

Thank you so much Bolt.
I had a rush of panic there. :meekins:

Thanks Bolt Storm for working so hard on all this! It's funny that now is when Cytube seems to go down. But as long as there is a stream to watch I'm happy!

I have to say I'm a little more excited than I thought I'd be, but I think it's because of the "live"ness of the event (as well as the content, of course) - same with E3. I always get hyped sitting there waiting for Nintendo or Sony or someone's press conference to see if anything new and interesting shows up, even though I buy a small amount of video games and aren't interested in the majority of the things they show off the fact that it's live and others are watching in their own excitement is nice. It's the same with live radio vs podcasts. Somehow when in our society of on-demand everything, the fact that I have to plan to watch or listen to something somehow maxes it 10 times more exciting.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Cytube is currently a smoldering mess and I'm sure Henke will have words for me in the morning, but for now, we're officially moving to Hitbox: http://www.hitbox.tv/boltgsr

Again, I apologize for the trouble.

Wooster wrote:

A Kirby and AA fan

And now it appears the Hitbox stream is having troubles too...?

EDIT: And it's back!

EDIT2: Glad I stayed up for this one. Glad to see "that" character!

The cape is self-fluttering

*holds up umbrella*

See? I wasn't disappointed.

(not an actual reference to any umbrellas in AA, sillies)
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Gardevoir lover

They made her Nick's assistant again...
Called it.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

I dig the hood.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

I like how they did the reveal and then showed a clip of her seemingly getting murdered. (Only took about 10 seconds for them to show her again, but it still made me do a double take haha).

It seems to indicate she's in a high position at Kurain now but how does that explain her seemingly being in Japanifornia during 5-5. I guess I should probably wait until the stream is done and I can actually understand what's going on before asking questions.

She does indeed look younger than I would have thought, but then again Phoenix in DD doesn't look that different than AA1 Phoenix. Nobody from 18-40 ages in these games and then at age 41 suddenly you're Grossberg.

she didn't inherit mia's genes

A Kirby and AA fan

D.A. McCoy wrote:
She does indeed look younger than I would have thought, but then again Phoenix in DD doesn't look that different than AA1 Phoenix. Nobody from 18-40 ages in these games and then at age 41 suddenly you're Grossberg.

Spoiler: Big-ish image

It's being released on June 9th! Hopefully September for us, if they follow the DD schedule. I was hoping for a summer release here but that would probably be rushing too much. Good to know that the game is coming out soon.

Unpopular opinion time.

As psyched as I am for all the returning characters, I kind of hope they're limited to that one case.

...NAILED IT

they havent revealed a new detective, unless that new mystic girl is the "detective".

The miracle never happen

Jean Descole wrote:
Unpopular opinion time.

As psyched as I am for all the returning characters, I kind of hope they're limited to that one case.

I respect your opinion, and even if I held the same one, I expect it to be more, just because of how much fans wanted this.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

ashxu wrote:
they havent revealed a new detective, unless that new mystic girl is the "detective".

Everyone in the chat kept saying that the singing "Jesus" character is the Kurain detective unless they were goofing around.

Still nothing about a Japanifornia detective (and I hope it stays that way so Ema can come back lol).

Kessler wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:
Unpopular opinion time.

I respect your opinion, and even if I held the same one, I expect it to be more, just because of how much fans wanted this.

Personally I think AA is one of those series where they establish a solid cast of characters then use them interchangeably, kind of why I don't like the new games as much.

If you watch Gintama you'll know what I mean. The series has hundreds of episodes but they have like 20 characters that constantly appear. There are new characters but it's cool seeing old characters come back later on. Or even playing a small role. It makes the universe seem much more believable.

On a road to nowhere.

So, that just happened. Shit.

The miracle never happen

ashxu wrote:
If you watch Gintama you'll know what I mean. The series has hundreds of episodes but they have like 20 characters that constantly appear. There are new characters but it's cool seeing old characters come back later on. Or even playing a small role. It makes the universe seem much more believable.

Well, with Maya being on what appeared to be the box art, she's definitely here the whole game.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

DrOcsid wrote:

So, that just happened. Shit.

:ack: that's...a problem, especially with Cytube out of commission...

Beware of the Dog

Hopefully we're not going to miss something TOO important...

Kessler wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:
Unpopular opinion time.

I don't mind returning characters when they're relevant to the story. Blatant fanservice can sometimes backfire, though. Of course, I won't know how well they've handled it until I've actually played the game.

...NAILED IT

Viktoria von Karma wrote:
Hopefully we're not going to miss something TOO important...

Even if we do, there's always the restreams...right?

Ameba fresh is working for me. They're advertising an AA commuter mug right now with pixel art of the characters.

EDIT: More talking and they seem to be talking about the tweets thing again.

EDIT2: I think they mentioned a web demo.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Sorry about that folks. Luckily there wasn't much left. Follow the Twitter in the meanwhile: https://twitter.com/CourtRecords_

Wooster wrote:

Aaaaaaaaaaand some idiots are spamming amebafresh.

Because nothing brings a localization closer to our shores than being an inconsiderate prick who disrupts someone's chat.

Twitter it is.

...NAILED IT
Page 1 of 2 [ 52 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes