Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

Ace Attorney anime: starts April 2nd, Saturdays at 5:30 PMTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

The official site for the Ace Attorney anime has been updated, and boy they weren't kidding when they said it'd air in April: the show will run on Saturdays at 5:30 PM, starting on April 2nd!

The anime's subtitle was also revealed, if folks want to take a stab at translating it: その「真実」、異議あり!

(Thanks to @hoso_boso for catching this!)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney anime: starts April 2nd, Saturdays at 5:30Topic%20Title

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

Quote:
その 「真実」 異議あり!

Sono "shinjitsu", igi ari!

I object to that "truth"!

(Likely referring to the prosecution's and witnesses' version of the truth, which, frankly, is unreliable.)

Oooooooh so excited! Thanks for the news!!! :phoenix:

:objection:
Re: Ace Attorney anime: starts April 2nd, Saturdays at 5:30 Topic%20Title

Mia Payne

Am I the only one who doesn't care? It's probably going to end up the same route as Danganronpa anime.

Art Person

If AnimeLab streams this I'll pay for a subspcription XD No way I'm gonna miss this anime!

Athena Internet Defense Force

Blizdi wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't care? It's probably going to end up the same route as Danganronpa anime.

If this were some other forum I'd probably agree with you for laughs but since that isn't the case, I will say that is an unfortunate outlook.

The Real Human Being

Blizdi wrote:

Four days before my birthday, best early birthday present ever. I plan on using the anime to introduce AA to people who've never played it before, I hope it's enjoyable to these sorts of newcomers too.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

April 2nd is the best outcome they could have picked out of April. No one would have believed it if it was on the first. At least I don't have to keep my entire month circled now (not that it was anyway, but still the sentiment was there).

I have been polishing my translation skills lately, so I'll be able to judge this anime for what it's worth myself... and maybe share some things with people if I'm early enough.

Remind me: it was at 5:30 JST on Saturdays, right?

その無礼な異議を却下しますわ。
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Remind me: it was at 5:30 JST on Sundays, right?

Saturday. It starts before Detective Conan on the same channel (in the slot Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo R is using now). (Huh, that means Kindaichi has a rather odd number of episodes this season).

Blizdi wrote:

Though I can understand concerns, one should also consider that this anime is completely different in terms of production. Danganronpa was a minor midnight TV anime on a premium TV channel. Ace Attorney will run prime-time on major TV networks, in a broadcasting block that [/i]always[/i] ranks amongst the best viewed TV anime every week, coupled with the immensely popular Detective Conan (which starts after Ace Attorney, in the same genre). You can bet that production values are quite different from Danganronpa.

That reminds me, was it ever announced who the producer of the show is? It wouldn't surprise me if they got Suwacchi to produce the Ace Attorney anime: he's responsible for both Detective Conan and Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (and got them together in the succesful "Mystery Hour" broadcasting block). He often plans his programs as blocks (Detective Conan + Yatterman, Detective Conan + Inu Yasha) and "his" hour always ranks in the best viewed TV anime every week. Suwacchi has worked with a lot of the staff of the Ace Attorney anime too (A1 Pictures, Wada), so perhaps it's him who's behind the show.

Edit: Oh no, the site just mentions who the producer & other staff is. Not Suwa.

(I'd go with Objection to your "Truth" for the subtitle.)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE?

Bolt Storm wrote:
the show will run on Saturdays at 5:30 PM

What timezone?

EDIT: Nevermind, sorry, I didn't bother to read the entire thread.

Gettin' Old!

Might be impossible, but stuff like this would be a fantastic candidate for our Cytube functions.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

A Kirby and AA fan

Yep, I'm starting to feel the hype now that we've got a solid date!

*wonk*

YES. WE WILL FINALLY SEE MOE THE CLOWN IN AN ANIME.
yes

元・超会社員級の管理人

Pierre wrote:
Might be impossible, but stuff like this would be a fantastic candidate for our Cytube functions.

I agree - on both counts, unfortunately. We'd love to work something out, but for hopefully obvious reasons streaming a currently-running anime through a free platform has some problems.

In other news, composer Kaoru Wada just finished a 50-song recording session for the anime's score; while the photo of the tracklist is a bit out of focus, there's some familiar tracks on there (Pursuit, anyone?) and some not-so-familiar ones ("Think Outside the Box").
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Sleep is for the week/weak

Ooh yes, of course! How could I have forgotten about the soundtrack? I really hope I can find some nice catchy tunes to get addicted to in the anime! Really hoping it's gonna have an awesome OP :pearl:
Nayuki, I don't think we're in High School Star Musical anymore...

The cape is self-fluttering

Bolt Storm wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I agree - on both counts, unfortunately. We'd love to work something out, but for hopefully obvious reasons streaming a currently-running anime through a free platform has some problems.

In other news, composer Kaoru Wada just finished a 50-song recording session for the anime's score; while the photo of the tracklist is a bit out of focus, there's some familiar tracks on there (Pursuit, anyone?) and some not-so-familiar ones ("Think Outside the Box").

Sounds sexy. I very much enjoyed his work on Inuyasha.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Bolt Storm wrote:

Iwadare's comment, lol. He sounds like a fangirl.

But srsly, 50 songs in two days, damn! That's Wada for you.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

I love Wada's soundtrack for Kindaichi Shounen, so looking forward to the soundtrack. The BGM list shows that they'll use the game music a lot (~2001 versions), which is good I guess, but to be honest, I'm slightly disappointed Wada didn't get to compose his own Cornered!

Oh, and this is what Wada wrote, if anyone is interested.
Quote:
【Recording Ace Attorney Now♪】
Yesterday and today we recorded the background music for Ace Attorney, an anime which will start in April♪ (Yomiuri TV / Nippon TV affiliated channels). It's based on a very popular videogame, so making the music for the anime was also a form of pressure to me, but we safely managed to record 50 tracks all together.

My background music is often symphonic or orchestral, with some ethnic touches, but this time, the music is very energetic, as I also added a rhythm unit (drum & bass)♪ I'll introduce you to all the musicians who performed so wonderfully with the following pictures. For the drums we have Mr. Shiro ITO, whom I've known for a looooooooong time and who's a big name in our field. Very energetic and perfect drumming♪ On the strings, we have MasaGen (SHINOSAKI Strings), who can master the most complex and difficult phrases after just one try and is then ready for recording♫ The number of tracks was also large (^ ^; As for the brass, we have the following star members: the star of the trumpets = Mr. Eric and Mr. Eiji NAKAGAWA on the trombone. The sax was for Makoto HIRAHARA, whom I always ask for my soundtracks♪ For percussions, we have Ms. Midori TAKADA, another big name in the field, Mr. KAKEHASHI, the leading person on ethnic music and FUJITA I know from the Sunazalea Philharmoniker. I forgot to take a picture, but together with some of Japan's leading musicians for woodwind and horns, we had a fun and impressive recording session!

From tomorrow on, it's being cooped up in the studio working on the "track down" (audio mixing) (^ ^;
I'll write about that too!♪
The goal is nearby!

Please look forward to the music that will accompany the anime Ace Attorney!!

Anime Ace Attorney
2016 April 2nd (Sat.), 17:30
Starting on Yomiuri TV/Nippon TV affiliated channels.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bitter Old Man

I haven't been keeping tabs as close as I should, but was there any mention of weather or not 1-5 was part of the material they were using from the first two games or was it strictly just the original GBA versions they're using?
Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do NOT let him touch your genitals.

I think they just said it would be based on the first two games, so there's no confirmation yet on whether or not 1-5 will appear. It would be weird if it didn't, though I'm not sure if it would really fit in the story.
Signature loading, please wait...

元・超会社員級の管理人

From the tracklist Wada posted as part of his photos, there doesn't look to be anything related to 1-5. Of course, they'll have to do more sessions someday (for JFA at least), so maybe we just haven't seen it yet - but for now I wouldn't count on 1-5.

Wooster wrote:

迷探偵

Bolt Storm wrote:
From the tracklist Wada posted as part of his photos, there doesn't look to be anything related to 1-5. Of course, they'll have to do more sessions someday (for JFA at least), so maybe we just haven't seen it yet - but for now I wouldn't count on 1-5.

The question is: will there be a different session for JFA-era tracks? 50 tracks for a TV anime is a lot, actually, especially if it probably runs around two cour (the original Kindaichi Shounen series was about 150 episodes, and I think that only got a bit more than 50M tracks combined, also composed by Wada). I think it's more likely that themes like Objection ~ 2001 will be used throughout the series(whether the original story is based on the first or second game), as it'd be weird to have themes change over the course of the series.

From the (blurry) picture, it appears that most of the tracks are Wada's original compositions (like M1 Ace Attorney Main Theme), with only the last couple of them being remixes from the games.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Blizdi wrote:

In all honesty I don't care that much, but it doesn't have to do with any expectations of quality. If it were new cases and original stories, then I'd be super excited for this, but since its an adaptation of the games I've played numerous times there's not any real "new" story here. With that in mind, to me it occupies the same level of excitement that the movie did: I'm hoping (and betting) it will be pretty good, and I look forward to watching it, but it isn't something that's on my radar every day. I do think it will probably do a better job of adapting the series than the film because the plot of the first game re: edgeworth and DL6 really requires that the audience spend a lot of time with Edgeworth to sympathize with him, and in the film I think he was in prison about 20 minutes after he was introduced as a villain, which I don't think was very effective. Luckily the anime will have a whole season to work through this. The only other negative I see to this is that it will likely be a very literal adaptation, and not a lot of things will be changed. I know a lot of fans will be happy about this, but I'd be more interested if they experimented and found new takes on the overall stories.

That said, I love that there's an anime coming, because it should bring new fans in. Also, March-April was around the time we started getting a ton of DD info back in 2013, so I bet we'll see some more stuff soon!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes