Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 3 of 3[ 85 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: Ace Attorney 6: Famitsu to reveal the rival prosecutorTopic%20Title

Gardevoir lover

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Gotta agree, the ladder/stepladder joke needs to stay. It's so iconic, they even put it in Professor Layton and the Last Specter/Spectre's Call, during the run-up to Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney's release. Couldn't believe it.

They did? I don't remember that.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Call me James

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:
Gotta agree, the ladder/stepladder joke needs to stay. It's so iconic, they even put it in Professor Layton and the Last Specter/Spectre's Call, during the run-up to Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney's release. Couldn't believe it.

Pretty sure they did. When Emmy goes to Scotland Yard and you can examine the ladder/stepladder.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

迷探偵

Hmm, I'm tempted to go look for my Japanese copy of the game now and go check the Japanese script. The game was released late 2009, a few months before Level-5 even officially proposed the project to Capcom (early 2010), but apparently Level-5's Hino had already confided with Takumi about his plans earlier, so I guess it's possible Hino had a little in-joke hidden in the game early.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

ASCEND

The ladder/stepladder joke is probably the most iconic running gags in the series, and because it only happens once a game, it's still pretty funny. Some of the games even change around the joke by using different objects.

On the other hand, I think the Gumshoe's Allowance joke did get old pretty fast. It wasn't really funny, it just made me feel back for him.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Nerd Processor

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:

Pretty sure they did. When Emmy goes to Scotland Yard and you can examine the ladder/stepladder.

They did. I came across that on a Tumblr blog a while back:- http://rolephant.tumblr.com/post/133864 ... the-layton
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)
Page 3 of 3 [ 85 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » General » Trial Minutes