Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 3[ 83 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AA6 site renewed; official art, systems, etc.Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/6/

The official AA6 site has seen a makeover to match today's news. Stand by as we cover it...!

There's not a whole lot here that wasn't covered in Famitsu, but the site does give us clean art for Athena and Nayuta, as well as small videos of the characters until now in action. What might be more telling is what isn't there: the site seems primed to bring in more characters and systems, with spaces for things like "people related to the Mood Matrix", "Prosecutors", or "investigation game systems".
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: AA6 site renewed; official art, systems, etc.Topic%20Title

Art Person

Woah! They have little animations for each character showing scenes now!

Master of sharp things!

The game's looking good! Royal Payne's glossy animation is ridiculous. And Nayuta's animations are interesting. What does s/he have in their palm?

Art Person

I think they've also shown us case 1's victim
Spoiler:

Mia Payne

EDIT: Darn. Nevermind

Although we now have a picture of the victim + we see the body outline of the coffin

Last edited by Blizdi on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperAj3 wrote:
Woah! They have little animations for each character showing scenes now!

The animations seem a fair bit smoother than they did in the initial reveal trailers too, I think.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Bokuto is a precious treasure we must protect.

The animations are simply beautiful. Just look at dat ribbon waving. Heck, even Gaspen's head pat looks more fluid than it used to be in DD.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

I am the swordsman of justice!

I clicked the link and saw the site only to realize something.... If you look at the pictures of Nick, and at the pictures of Nayuta, you'll see the court background is different! Which means Nayuta is the prosecution in Japanafornia! And because she is obviously very spiritual, she is probably what connects Phoenix's side of the story to Apollo's! I don't know if I was the only one who noticed the court background change, but I remembered at the end of the longer trailer that it showed a mysterious prosecutor for Apollo and well she must be it.
I was trying to think of a question while I was objecting, I didn't
- Edgeworth

Last edited by CoolFencer on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Yeah, Nayuta's only been shown in Japanifornia at this point (excluding the trailer tease, which might have been more symbolic than anything.) The fact they're called out as an "international prosecutor" means it's not impossible to imagine them popping up in Kurain and in Japanifornia, but it is probably worth noting there's a very conspicuous space in the "prosecutors" section of the character listing, especially on mobile.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

A New Chapter of Trials!

Good lord those models and animations are beautiful. I think my only issue is some of them don't look like they are the same art style. Just compare Phoenix and Mimi!
Eureka!

Art Person

So I looked up the name "Nayuta" in my Japanese dictionary, and about half of the names listed are female names, but some don't specify gender, so that does indicate Nayuta could be female. (My gut's still saying male though XD The design just looks effeminate, but still a male physique. I'm interested to know if I'm wrong though XD)

Also, apparently Nayuta「那由多」 means "an extremely great number".

SuperAj3 wrote:
So I looked up the name "Nayuta" in my Japanese dictionary, and about half of the names listed are female names, but some don't specify gender, so that does indicate Nayuta could be female. (My gut's still saying male though XD The design just looks effeminate, but still a male physique. I'm interested to know if I'm wrong though XD)

Also, apparently Nayuta「那由多」 means "an extremely great number".

It's technically a "Kurainese" name, so I don't think that applies. The term "nayuta" in Japanese came from the Sanskrit word.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

元・超会社員級の管理人

SELECT GRAMARYE

E N H A N C E

So it's way too small to actually make out anything important, but one subtle difference I notice in Mr. Green Man: his tophat has a black band rather than a white one. I wonder if that means anything - e.g. perhaps that he's a guest performer and not part of the troupe?

Wooster wrote:

Monkey with a gun

Interesting...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
So That Big stadium featuring Trucy might actually be Murder case 2, wonder if she'll be the defendant or not

Monkey with a gun

A VISION

Spoiler:
Magic is about tricks, it's all about illusions, no doubt you will need to be finding out the tricks to said magic in what im assuming will be Case 2 (Though the theme seems more appropriate for Case 3 standards). I wonder if it'll be closer to Justice For All's Turnabout Big Top where the entire case is focused on a specific magic trick, or closer to Dual Destinies Monstrous Turnabout where your basically solving the Clusterf**k of a trick room

Spoiler:
If it's the latter, Apollo better do something similar to his realization reveal in Monstrous Turnabout, that was easily his best moment personally. :apollo:

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

If anyone wouldn't mind, could someone please translate what's being said in the animations and screenshots?
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

CourtroomShenanigans wrote:
If anyone wouldn't mind, could someone please translate what's being said in the animations and screenshots?

I was just about to ask the same thing.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

SuperAj3 wrote:
I think they've also shown us case 1's victim
Spoiler:

Yeah, they super often just don't mention the victim for a long time and then nonchalantly show them in some random screenshot.

Btw. what does the image say at the far right side?
I guess overall it goes like this:
"Oh no, this person is dead."
"That person is the defendant, but they're innocent!"
"Go investigate and present your newly found clues in front of the court."
But then the figure on the right doesn't look like a happy defendant but instead like a villain?

Edit: I guess it means something like "Use this and Phoenix' cunning bluffs to convict the REAL criminal instead!"

Art Person

That last one says "And point out the culript!"
So I think it's meant to be a smug face under pressure (kinda hard to explain)

other than that you're pretty much spot on with what's going on XD

For those of you who are interested, here's all the video clips from the website in one video: https://youtu.be/d4x0B7vl6vA

Sadly, there's no sound.

I love how with Natsuya, the devs went "we're not gonna let the DGS team beat us! We're gonna break the laws of physics even further!".

That floating shawl really looks nice.
ImageImageImage

The cape is self-fluttering

Bolt Storm wrote:
SELECT GRAMARYE

E N H A N C E

So it's way too small to actually make out anything important, but one subtle difference I notice in Mr. Green Man: his tophat has a black band rather than a white one. I wonder if that means anything - e.g. perhaps that he's a guest performer and not part of the troupe?

Slender arm, white shirt with 3/4 sleeve... a young man who wishes to be an apprentice? Or as someone suggested in another thread, a woman?

Nevermind Mr. or Ms. Green. Who the hell is in the black getup?! :-P (I know, I know, it has to be :magnifi: because he started it all, but he's dead... ain't he?!?! :hobolaugh: )
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

ASCEND

Jean Descole wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
SELECT GRAMARYE

E N H A N C E

Slender arm, white shirt with 3/4 sleeve... a young man who wishes to be an apprentice? Or as someone suggested in another thread, a woman?

Nevermind Mr. or Ms. Green. Who the hell is in the black getup?! :-P (I know, I know, it has to be :magnifi: because he started it all, but he's dead... ain't he?!?! :hobolaugh: )

The image also shows young Valant and Zak though. I think this is an old Grammarye poster from when they were still popular, so the one in blue on the right in Thalassa, not Trucy,
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Planetbox wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
SELECT GRAMARYE

E N H A N C E

The image also shows young Valant and Zak though. I think this is an old Grammarye poster from when they were still popular, so the one in blue on the right in Thalassa, not Trucy,

Wasn't Thalassa's first husband a guest performer for Troupe Gramarye? Could be a photo from back then.

Lusankya wrote:
Planetbox wrote:

Wasn't Thalassa's first husband a guest performer for Troupe Gramarye? Could be a photo from back then.

Yeah. As Bolt said a few posts ago:
Bolt Storm wrote:
his tophat has a black band rather than a white one. I wonder if that means anything - e.g. perhaps that he's a guest performer and not part of the troupe?

So, it could be a real possibility.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Mia Payne

I just realized that the girl in the poster is Thalassa, not Trucy...

Yup. I'm a salmon.

L~A wrote:
For those of you who are interested, here's all the video clips from the website in one video: https://youtu.be/d4x0B7vl6vA

Sadly, there's no sound.

I love how with Natsuya, the devs went "we're not gonna let the DGS team beat us! We're gonna break the laws of physics even further!".

I really, really hope I'm wrong but the 3D model of the prosecutor screams "male" to me. They're frame and especially they're chest suggest male...

But I want to believe...

Mia Payne

IronicSalmon wrote:
L~A wrote:

Sadly, there's no sound.

I really, really hope I'm wrong but the 3D model of the prosecutor screams "male" to me. They're frame and especially they're chest suggest male...

But I want to believe...

The description in the Japanese site under the profile:
Quote:
A prosecutor of the Kurain Kingdom. As an international prosecutor, he’s qualified to carry out trials in courtrooms around the world. He has his own ideas when it comes to trials, and believes that a trial is a ritual to mourn the soul of the victim, and the sinner’s judgment will bring the the soul salvation.

He considers lawyers to be those who prevent that salvation, and challenges them with strong hostility. He has a soft demeanor, and normally speaks politely, but when it comes to the criminals and lawyers he detests, he is ruthless while still maintaining a calm expression

Source: My fluent, native Japanese friend. She translated it.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

So, was she able to find out Nayuta's gender?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

迷探偵

The thing is: the Japanese description has no gender-specific pronoun anywhere, so the description itself contains no "he", nor "she". From the actual lines, it kinda sounds like Nayuta is a male (mostly 'serious' speech), but Leifa actually also uses that and we're all pretty sure she's a girl, right?

...Right?
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Nayuta could be like Kurapika in that their only referred to by gender ambiguous pronouns

Also, is there any indication that bunny-ears girl is NOT the defendant for Case 2? I was thinking Trucy would be the defendant as well but this could be a possibility

woosh

I don't know a lot about the subtleties of translation and all that, but just thought I'd bring up that at least one of the translated descriptions (I think the Famitsu one) the prosecutor was being described as a monk. Does that have any gender indication in Japanese? At least based on my knowledge of different religions like Catholicism and Buddhism males are usually referred to as monks, while females are nuns. Just throwing something out there, though, could be nothing.

Also just remembered . . . Iris and Bikini are Kurain nuns, right? Is there any difference in how they are referred to compared to how the new prosecutor is referred to?
:O

ASCEND

JesusMonroe wrote:
Nayuta could be like Kurapika in that their only referred to by gender ambiguous pronouns

Also, is there any indication that bunny-ears girl is NOT the defendant for Case 2? I was thinking Trucy would be the defendant as well but this could be a possibility

Well, judging by the pictures you can talk to her outside of the Detentikn Center during the investigation, so it seems unlikely that she's the defendant.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

迷探偵

JesusMonroe wrote:

In Japanese, there's no need for using gender-specific pronouns per se. It's just how the language works. Phoenix' description also lacks any gender-specific pronoun.

Ridley wrote:
I don't know a lot about the subtleties of translation and all that, but just thought I'd bring up that at least one of the translated descriptions (I think the Famitsu one) the prosecutor was being described as a monk. Does that have any gender indication in Japanese? At least based on my knowledge of different religions like Catholicism and Buddhism males are usually referred to as monks, while females are nuns. Just throwing something out there, though, could be nothing.

Also just remembered that Iris and Bikini are Kurain nuns, right? Is there any difference in how they are referred to compared to how the new prosecutor is referred to?

The Japanese says 高僧, which is why "eminent monk", and I have only seen the word used to refer to men, but from what I know from Buddhism (the term itself comes from Buddhism), it can technically also be used for women. The word 'monk' here (僧) actually refers to both male and female monastics, with male monastics being also having the gender-specific name bhikkhu, and female monastics ("nuns") bhikkhuni (which is where Kurain's Bikini's name comes from).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

L~A wrote:

Sadly, there's no sound.

I've translated them all here for you guys. Take precaution... Some of them are pretty stupid silly, and all obviously are non-spoilers.
Spoiler:
Phoenix
(Ugh. They finally left... what do I do now?)
(Okay! There's no other choice but to face things head on!)
Your Honor! It's too soon to call a verdict!
It's barely been a few minutes since the trial started!

We can't arrive at a verdict without hearing the story from the person himself!
The defense requests to cross-examine the defendant!

Apollo
A-anyway! I do have basis for my claim!

...Um, so what do you mean?

Therefore, you can't say the fingerprints on the tape suggest the defendant called the victim.
The prosecution's investigation isn't complete!

Athena
Apollo: Come on. Stop crying like you always do and let's get going.
Athena: Rude much!? I was not crying!
Apollo: (...From crying to getting angry. Talk about an emotional roller coaster.)

Athena: The defense raises an objection!
...to Attorney Justice!
Apollo! Take back that point from earlier!
Apollo: What? No! This contradiction has got to mean something!

Nayuta
...Understood. Now... let us guide the victim's soul peacefully into the afterlife...
By the name of our founder.
...Very well. Let us begin the funeral.

Roast in the fires of hell... you troublesome red bell pepper.

I am the Chief Prosecutor... fittingly so, if I do say so.
He is merely a defense attorney I used to know from my home country.

That's Chief Prosecutor to you. In this country, I go by the name of the "Undefeatable Payne".
Hee hee hee... No need for formalities. However...
You most certainly will submit in defeat, before me and this country's legal circles.

Leifa
Know that to doubt the "oracle of spirits" is to doubt our founder.
Judge! By the name of our founder, I hereby appoint myself as the shamaness of Kurain.
Bestow a great penalty upon the corrupted soul of this boy!

Everyone, cease your tongues!

Bokuto
My name is Bokuto Tsuani. I am a monk-in-training at Jiin Temple.
Pleased to meet you! Appilakke!

There are lots of interesting things to find at Jiin Temple, but best of all...
is the ceremony of the "Dance of Offering"!
The Dance of Offering comes twice, one in the morning and one in the evening...
and everyone dances together to the "Song of Ritual" for our great founder!

Case 2 Crime Scene
T/N: The controls are the same as in DD. Use the D-pad to change perspective and the analog stick to move the cursor.

I love the competition between the two GyakuSai teams. There's always the breakdowns to look forward too.

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nerd Processor

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
L~A wrote:

Sadly, there's no sound.

I've translated them all here for you guys. Take precaution... Some of them are pretty stupid silly, and all obviously are non-spoilers.
Spoiler:
I am the Chief Prosecutor... fittingly so, if I do say so.
He is merely a defense attorney I used to know from my home country.

That's Chief Prosecutor to you. In this country, I go by the name of the "Undefeatable Payne".
Hee hee hee... No need for formalities. However...
You most certainly will submit in defeat, before me and this country's legal circles.

Oh man when's the game out? Payne is already annoying me! I need to take him down a peg or three! :franny:
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

The cape is self-fluttering

Planetbox wrote:

Yeah, true.

Slammer wrote:
Lusankya wrote:

Bolt Storm wrote:
his tophat has a black band rather than a white one. I wonder if that means anything - e.g. perhaps that he's a guest performer and not part of the troupe?

Kind of begs the question, does this new performer have any relation to the Mr. Green of past days?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Planetbox wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

Well, judging by the pictures you can talk to her outside of the Detentikn Center during the investigation, so it seems unlikely that she's the defendant.

Certain cases like 4-3 had a longish pre-crime exploration period, I think, so it might be along those lines. My bet would be having Trucy be the defendant, though; like Maya being a defendant, they always charge the assistant characters at some point to try to bring more drama to the thing.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Therefore, you can't say the fingerprints on the tape suggest the defendant called the defendant.

Ummm...I can't help but feel that something's off in this sentence.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Jean Descole wrote:
Slammer wrote:
Lusankya wrote:

Bolt Storm wrote:

Kind of begs the question, does this new performer have any relation to the Mr. Green of past days?

Which "new performer"?

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Slammer wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:

Which "new performer"?

There is also a figure in green on the poster with Trucy on it.
Page 1 of 3 [ 83 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes