Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 6 posts ]

Server issues, 4/16/16Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

If you've been following the Twitter (and/or attempted to access the site today) you know that there were some server issues taking the site on and off-line throughout the day.

While we think we've resolved the issue, we'll need a few days to confirm everything's running stable again.

Sorry for the trouble!

Update: We'll be going offline for some maintenance and upgrades at 4 AM Eastern, April 21st.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Server issues, 4/16/16Topic%20Title

A Kirby and AA fan

Yeah, trying to access the forums was very troublesome last night. What exactly happened? Do you have details?

Bolt Storm wrote:
Caught up this week after missing last week's. I think the investigation scenes are working better than the court scenes because they get a chance to flesh out the Japanifornia world more than the games did. Both eps were a step up over episode one.

One thing that was bugging me: the perspective was way out of wack in the courtroom scenes in episode 3. Everyone seemed to keep changing sizes.

I think you accidentally posted this in the wrong thread :yogi: (Though you also posted it in the right thread, so there's that!)

Oh, so I wasn't the only one who had trouble loading the page yesterday. I thought maybe it was just my internet connection since the page loaded properly after a while.
Signature loading, please wait...

I noticed it, figured it was server issues and they were likely getting worked on. No biggie.

C-A

元・超会社員級の管理人

Nurio wrote:
Yeah, trying to access the forums was very troublesome last night. What exactly happened? Do you have details?

Bolt Storm wrote:
Caught up this week after missing last week's. I think the investigation scenes are working better than the court scenes because they get a chance to flesh out the Japanifornia world more than the games did. Both eps were a step up over episode one.

One thing that was bugging me: the perspective was way out of wack in the courtroom scenes in episode 3. Everyone seemed to keep changing sizes.

I think you accidentally posted this in the wrong thread :yogi: (Though you also posted it in the right thread, so there's that!)

Well, the good news is that when I checked the episode 3 thread and saw that post wasn't there I was worried the forum was eating posts. But it wasn't! Bug resolved, problem existed between keyboard and chair. :yogi:

As for what happened: the gist of it is that MySQL (the database software that backs the forums) was running out of resources, which in turn caused it to spit an error into the logs about 3 times a second, all the while still trying to allocate the resources it didn't have. Which eventually led to the whole thing going up in flames. We were eventually able to track down the issue and give it more to work with. Things look like they were stable overnight, so hopefully the issue is resolved for good.

That said - and we're adding this to the first post - we'll be running some updates starting at 4:00 AM Eastern, April 21st. Ideally, things should be wrapped up before daytime in the US, but there's always the chance of things going wrong. (Don't worry, we take backups for a good reason.)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Whenever big AA news happens, I seem to have trouble getting onto Court Records, so I was momentarily excited about a possible Western announcement, but server maintenance is good too!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes