Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 62 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Ace Attorney 6 prologue anime releasedTopic%20Title

I didn't watch all the video cause spoilers but do we know Nayuta's voice actor? His voice reminded me of Hisoka's

迷探偵

Bolt Storm wrote:
The whole bit with Maya at the waterfall and talking about the specifics of her training with Bokuto/Phoenix was going in one ear and out the other. Not entirely sure what 5本 is in this context, though. Training scrolls/ceremonies, maybe? :yogi:

It's how you count meditation sessions (or more generally courses/programs that take effort to complete). A 企画 for example is also counted in 本数). You translated the course as "Kurain Spirit Channeling Special Training Course", but Bokuto says 「クライン流霊力○○瞑想スペシャルコース」 (can't make out the part after 霊力), so the course consists of meditation sessions, and Maya just finished the fifth of ten.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

JesusMonroe wrote:
I didn't watch all the video cause spoilers but do we know Nayuta's voice actor? His voice reminded me of Hisoka's

Yeah, I've been hearing a lot about his seiyuu possibly being Daisuke Namikawa.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

HEY, PAL!

Waited until it was subbed; it was a nice little animated short. I liked Blackquill's cameo, it's nice seeing Maya again (I still have to get used to her looking like an adult now), and the plot point of there being a mass genocide of defense attorneys is so ridiculous that it's both hilarious and awesome at the same time.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Ash wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
The whole bit with Maya at the waterfall and talking about the specifics of her training with Bokuto/Phoenix was going in one ear and out the other. Not entirely sure what 5本 is in this context, though. Training scrolls/ceremonies, maybe? :yogi:

It's how you count meditation sessions (or more generally courses/programs that take effort to complete). A 企画 for example is also counted in 本数). You translated the course as "Kurain Spirit Channeling Special Training Course", but Bokuto says 「クライン流霊力○○瞑想スペシャルコース」 (can't make out the part after 霊力), so the course consists of meditation sessions, and Maya just finished the fifth of ten.

That makes sense. It wouldn't do to read any scrolls under freezing waterfalls. So, it's the fifth of ten? May I ask how you knew there were ten in all? For a meditative course like this, is there a set number of sessions to complete?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

Bokuto says there's still five left, and Maya tells Nick on the phone she finished the fifth one, and sixth is next, so....
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

JesusMonroe wrote:
I didn't watch all the video cause spoilers

How is it even possible for a prologue video to feature any spoilers?

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Lusankya wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

It's 8 minutes long and maybe not in the actual game, so... :shoe:
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

What did he do this time...?

Wow that was long... it definitely couldn't have been cheap to animate all that.

My thoughts:

I'm glad to see Maya won't be a defendant... for now.

I definitely think we're going to get Apollo vs Blackquill now.

And I want to see more cutscenes that take place mid-trial. I was enjoying that Phoenix vs Blackquill part.

Also, defense attorney imprisonment/genocide. Wow. The mysterious guy is probably the leader of them, me thinks.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Apollo and Nayuta have been confirmed to go against each other.

linkenski wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

It's 8 minutes long and maybe not in the actual game, so... :shoe:

Exactly because it's not in the actual game there can't be any spoilers. It's supposed to be watched before you start the game, that's the whole purpose it serves.

Danksgiving

are we just going to ignore the fact that Maya is apparently too busy showing children her newly-acquired breasts to bother calling Phoenix on a different phone after hers broke, causing a man who already has trouble making ends meet spend tons of money to fly to Asia

ok

迷探偵

I haven't checked all the subs, but I see Bolt made a little mistake there: Maya was already asking Nick to come over to pick her up anyway, just before she was attacked. I'm going to assume that was sorta part of the schedule right from the start (that Nick would come to Kurain to return to Japan with her).

Programmer

We can always go with "that was the only phone in the entire country" story. Maya's village only has one phone after all.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

I'll just assume Maya didn't bother calling him because by the time she found another phone to use, he already bought the express ticket and would yell at her for wasting his money again.

Besides, with the entire agency in trouble, he's gonna have to rush back home sooner or later. It's nothing his gambl- I mean card games haven't covered for, right?

How much money do these people make. This is going to bother me even more than the Eye of the Dragon stuff.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

earthlings on fire

I hope the whole "Maya is in trouble again!" thing is subverted because I'm really tired of that plotline. It was cool the first three times but got old quickly. Other than that cliché bit, the prologue looks pretty cool.

I also hope (probably in vain at this point) that the game doesn't fall too heavily into the supernatural-esque theme. In my opinion, that's not really a strong tone for the series to take after 3-5, which was such a strong case. Anything else will just be compared to it and probably fall short. I find that PW works best when it embraces a more mordern city theme (whether or not it has an obviously Japanese streak to it is unrelated). I didn't like 5-2 for this reason. It distracts from the characters and becomes a mask to avoid having to develop personalities deeply. The more gimmickiness we get, the more shallow the characters.

On the other hand, I'm surprised at how well I'm taking Maya's return. I thought before that it would seem forced, but even in my mild complaint I mentioned earlier, it seems right (wright? heh) to have her come back. I hope it is a successful venture.

The animation is awesome. I love these Professor Layton-y cutscenes. They were awesome in GS5 and PLvPW.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Cravat of Doom wrote:
I hope the whole "Maya is in trouble again!" thing is subverted because I'm really tired of that plotline.

Well, she isn't even in trouble anymore.

I'm still waiting on the "Nick goes to prison again!" thing. For once, Maya can do the saving and we get an entire segment to investigate as Maya with Bokuto as assistant. There, now he's involved again and we get to keep Mitamaru on hand.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
I'm still waiting on the "Nick goes to prison again!" thing. For once, Maya can do the saving and we get an entire segment to investigate as Maya with Bokuto as assistant. There, now he's involved again and we get to keep Mitamaru on hand.

Before Maya was revealed and people were speculating if Bokuto could become Phoenix' assistant I was totally against it, because I just thought he would be an annoying little brat. But the more I see from him the more I like him and now I really like the idea of having him as a temporary assistant.
Maya saving Nick for once is also a great idea and considering Phoenix' status as an "enemy of the state", he could easily be in trouble in one of the later cases. Based on the demo most people, including Bokuto at first, really hate defense attorneys. I guess the propaganda machine did a lot of work, so just winning a single case won't make them respecting him.

What is my liiiife?!?

So many likable things happening in the prologue. If the anime is like this, then I will be a happy bunny.

Athena Internet Defense Force

Minor but Capcom added a sketch wallpaper of Maya Fey.

Spoiler: Maya wallpaper

You can get the bigger one from the site itself.

It was a great short. The pachinko (probably spelled it incorrectly) was better animated though. Too bad it wasn't the actual anime since it's more defined but it the character designs their for maya ages her a bit in the pachinko cut scenes.

The prologue for the 6 ace attorney game just is interesting but also just reminds me how the series creator ruined Phoenix's story along with his relationship with Maya and Pearl. That's my opinion anyway and this anime prologue seems to just reinforce that. I wish the creator gave Phoenix a better story or way of being a supporting character in the 4th game than the one he decided to create.

Either way I'm excited for the anime and 6th game. Got to find time to finish the fifth one. Too bad they never made an actual physical item and decided on purchasing online only. I'm assuming this will happen to this game as well.
Page 2 of 2 [ 62 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes