Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

Anime cast, Takumi 4gamer interviewTopic%20Title

迷探偵

4Gamer posted an interview with Yuki Kaji, Aoi Yuki, Masashi Tamaki, Ayumu Watanabe and Shu Takumi about the upcoming anime this morning. I usually prefer doing a full translation (because this allows people to make their own impressions of the text), but I don't have the time to do it all, so just a slightly abridged version:

Quote:
Yuki Kaji has played the games, so he was both happy and shocked it was being made into an anime TV series. During the audition, he loved he was able to perform the well-known "Objection!" and "Hold It!" lines, so he was happy he at least got a chance to 'play' Ace Attorney', but to think he would really land the part...

Aoi Yuki loves games, and had heard of the series, so she too was anxious for the audition. She even got to say "Objection!", even though her role doesn't really have many occasions to say the line.

For Masashi Tamaki, it's the first time he got a regular role in a series, and the first time he passed an audition, so he was really happy. Then he started to play the games, and felt the pressure building on him. He got confirmation of the role in September, so it was a half year of nervous waiting for the recording sessions.

Director Ayumi Watanabe at first thought there was a TV series already, when they asked him to do it. He assumed it because of the films/theater productions/etc. Ony after doing his homework afterwards, he realized there hadn't been one.

Shu Takumi too had actually though there had been an anime already. He originally worked to make the first Ace Attorney the best game he could. But now there's a film, and theater productions, so he realized that these are also ways for people to enjoy Ace Attorney. And now it's time for an anime TV series. Seeing as the first game was set 15 years in the future, which was 2016, he thought the project as destiny. At first he had intended to leave everything up to the animation staff, but director Watanabe welcomed him warmly, so they decided each of them would carry their weight. Because of that, Takumi is convinced the series has the proper Ace Attorney tone.

The three leads all learned more about their characters and the series during the recording/dubbing sessions. Yaji thought the series was really wonderfully silly and funny (in the good sense of the word). Yuki already had an image of Maya in her head before recording, but thanks to the directions of the director, she learned to understand Maya better. Tamaki tried to a 'realistic' Edgeworth at first, but he was told to do him even more pretentious, even more cooler. At first he felt it didn't go that well, but helped by his fellow actors, he now has confidence in his performance.

There was one thing Watanabe wanted to do, so Watanabe & Takumi worked on an original episode (as in "an episode in my past", not a TV episode per se). It's based on the flashbacks and comments on Phoenix's past that were mentioned between the lines of the games, presented in a more concentrated form. It will appear around halfway the series.

Watanabe wants people to notice how they did things from the game, in anime form. It might surprise the viewers and make them want to play the games again after watching the anime. The anime also makes use of music from the games at moments, which will make people who have played the games even more excited about those scenes.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Anime cast, Takumi 4gamer interviewTopic%20Title

Thank you, Ash. As always this was a great read.

Ash wrote:
There was one thing Watanabe wanted to do, so Watanabe & Takumi worked on an original episode. It's based the flashbacks and comments on Phoenix's past from the games that were mentioned between the lines, presented in a more concentrated form. It will appear around halfway the series.

Oh, is this the first time we got confirmation of an original episode? I think until now we only heard rumors.
I am really looking forward to this, especially because Takumi apparently played quite a big role in producing the anime.

迷探偵

Sorry, I (and the article) meant 'episode' in the meaning of 'an episode in my past'. Not a TV episode of 22 minutes per se.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Reading this article makes me wonder if the Ace Attorney anime really was an accident.

Ash, are you going to translate it in full? I'd be glad to if not.

Edit: Comparing it to the Dengeki Online article, somehow the same interview seems to be different between the two versions. Is this one by 4Gamer more accurate? It looks and sounds more accurate - that is, it's not as clunky of writing.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Neighborhood Friendly Tomato

Thank you so much for this abridged translation! (It's so neat to hear more about Takumi's involvement, as well as insight from the directing side and the voice actors...) Here's hoping for the best this April.

Igi ari!

I wonder, was Danganronpa's creator like this as well? The reason I am asking this is if the creator was involved in production but in the end did not manage to adapt the game well, We could be doomed :beef:

A New Chapter of Trials!

Quote:
Shu Takumi too had actually though there had been an anime already.

Wow, I know Takumi lives under a rock but still... Looking forward to seeing the anime soon though, hope it will be a fun as it sounds.
Eureka!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Actually, he was kidding. Takumi the troll.

The VAs all kind of act like their respective roles in some ways too. Interesting cast.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

So when will the first episode be translated with subtitles? :yogi:

Art Person

YoDude90000 wrote:
So when will the first episode be translated with subtitles? :yogi:

Assuming someone's going to fansub it, maybe wait a day?
If Chrunchyroll is officially subbing it, it should be out as soon as it airs in Japan, right?

Heh heh.

Whoa, Phoenix's read-between-the-lines past? That's going to be interesting.

I'm a little worried about Tamaki as Edgeworth, since he had to be told to be more pretentious, but we'll see how it goes.
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes