Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 3[ 87 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AA6 in Famitsu 4/6 - Full Scans, official site upTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Update: Official site has updated as well. http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/6/

Another week, another set of scans...

Spoiler: Scans
Image Image
Image Image
ImageImage

Translations incoming.

Episode two kicks off during a rehearsal for one of Trucy's shows, "Trucy in Gramaryeland". During the rehearsal, things take a turn for the worst when the body of one of her co-performers, "Mr. Menyo", appears mid-way through - and moments later, part of the stage collapses! Trucy's arrested and held responsible for the accidents, and Apollo leaps into action to save her.

In terms of new characters, there's famous producer Kanenari Shinoyama (self-styled as "Jack Yamashino") of Nidomi Terebi (Look Twice TV), who's putting on the special broadcast Trucy's magic show is part of, as well as Mimi Nanano, Trucy's assistant. Mimi is the "rabbit girl" we've all seen before, and she seems to be hiding something that requires Apollo to use his Perceive ability on her (in investigation.)

And then there's Ema! Having finally achieved her dream of becoming a forensic scientist, Ema seems quite a bit happier now, though she still warns in one screenshot that Apollo'd better not touch anything if he doesn't want to see her angry. With Ema comes the return of forensic investigations: the two shown here are fingerprint searching (now combined with 3D evidence examination) and the ability to compare multi-angle videos of the crime scene to look for contradictions.

A few other small tidbits include the return of the investigation memo, and some preview shots of the game's anime cutscenes.

Expect the official AA6 site to update tonight, but if you want to see some of this in action, check out last night's Capcom TV!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: AA6 in Famitsu 4/6 - Full ScansTopic%20Title

迷探偵

Most of the info we already got from the preview/early photos, but new is:

Case 2: During the rehearsal of Trucy's "Trucy in Arumajiki/Gramarye Land", the body of her fellow performer Mr. Menyo is discovered. There's also an accident with the set falling down.

Kanenari SHINOYAMA is a famous producer for Nidomi (Look Twice) TV. He also appears in his shows. His quote is "Jack Yamashino, Hijacking the Living Room". From the screenshots and the quote, it's quite obvious he's a TV producer, as he uses a lot of TV crew lingo (switching around words etc.)

And in case this got lost in the other topic:

Ash wrote:
One of the pages mentions the voice cast by the way. Most of them we already guessed, but it's good to have official confirmation:

Phoenix Wright: Takayuki KONDŌ
Apollo Justice: KENN
Athena Cykes: Megumi HAN
Maya Fey: Satomi HANAMURA
Nayuta: Daisuke NAMIKAWA
Leifa: Saori HAYAMI
Bokto: Emiri KATŌ

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

So the accident isn't considered a murder and Trucy is accused of neglecting safety precautions? Interesting, although nobody will be surprised when the accident turns out to be a murder in the end.
Many people are already suspecting Mimi, but I don't think she will be the murderer. She just looks like your typical first witness of a case.

Mia Payne

Lusankya wrote:
So the accident isn't considered a murder and Trucy is accused of neglecting safety precautions? Interesting, although nobody will be surprised when the accident turns out to be a murder in the end.
Many people are already suspecting Mimi, but I don't think she will be the murderer. She just looks like your typical first witness of a case.

Oh, no, the body falls out of the coffin, THEN the set falls.

Bolt Storm wrote:
And then there's Ema! Having finally achieved her dream of becoming a forensic scientist, Ema seems quite a bit happier now, though she still warns in one screenshot that Apollo'd better not touch anything if he doesn't want to see her angry. With Ema comes the return of forensic investigations: the two shown here are fingerprint searching (now combined with 3D evidence examination) and the ability to compare multi-angle videos of the crime scene to look for contradictions.

I see that Ema is still calling forensic investagion to things that have nothing to do with forensics investigation XD.

Now that I can see the the face of Masked Guy, the unmasked half looks similar to Green Gramarye (with the same hat and everything). Maybe he's the Shadi Smith of this game, starting as a victim and then becoming important later on?

Also, is one of the cutscenes Trucy in Wonderland or something? In what context does that possibly make sense?

The cape is self-fluttering

I see the videotape viewing is back in the investigations.

I hope they handle it much better than 4-3.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Is that... a bunch of Kurain guards attempting to arrest Phoenix?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

There is a murder. This isn't another rerun of Turnabout Animal Circus, though I wouldn't be surprised if the culprit has a similar breakdown...

luck wrote:
Also, is one of the cutscenes Trucy in Wonderland or something? In what context does that possibly make sense?

That's her show, "Trucy in Gramagical Land", and Mimi plays the rabbit. (Why they had to adorn her apron with diamond studs, I have no idea. So unfitting.)

And I guess the Cheshire Cat is now a Cheshire Dragon or smth.

Jean Descole wrote:

The new mechanic allows viewing the footage from different angles, to search for contradictions that way. It's much different from the stuff we've seen thus far.

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Is that... a bunch of Kurain guards attempting to arrest Phoenix?

They're the police. By Phoenix's totally unfazed look, I'm not betting on it.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

I haven't been here in SO LONG but I just had to log in to say that I am SO SO HAPPY that Ema is returning!!!I was so disappointed when she was hardly even mentioned in GS5. She's like my third favourite character in the whole series so I'm so happy she's back :sassy:
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

OH BOY, 3AM!

Maya's face in the anime screenshot looks a bit like Ami Fey's profile picture in 2-2, but with color (also not as old).
"The business is on. I am trying to raise the balance for the Gummy Bear so he could submit all the needed Fizzy Cola Bottle Jelly Beans to the Creme Egg for the Peanut M&Ms process to start. Send £1,500.00 via a Giant Gummy Lizard" -Solomon Odonkoh

The official site has updated with the latest Famitsu content,
Re: AA6 in Famitsu 4/6 - Full Scans, official site upTopic%20Title

The law evolves with mankind

I checked the new contents and damn! So many ways of finding contradictions now! Video footage, fingerprint scanning, perceive, heart scope and water mirror stuff. I do hope this'll make the game much more difficult than before. But strangely Psyche-locks are not in. Hmm...

Oh, there's also Mr. Hat!
What good is faith without doubt?
What good is right without wrong?
What good is hope without despair?

Everything exists with a reason. Don't stay sad. Look at the brighter side.

Mia Payne

Wow. Trucy's Model is one of the more drastic updates from DD. She doesn't look awful now!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:

The new mechanic allows viewing the footage from different angles, to search for contradictions that way. It's much different from the stuff we've seen thus far.

Well, as long as we're not forced to view it 500 times to the tune of the same godawful song, I'll be thrilled.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Jean Descole wrote:
the same godawful song

You mean the Logic theme? I tried listening to it while looking at the screenshots, it really was fitting.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Yes! Finally the AJ cast is back together again (minus maybe Gavin, but he was seen in DD and I don't think he is necessary at this point). Ema is my favorite detective and I'm so glad to see that finally after 8 years we're getting old Ema back (Young Ema is fun but is really a different character; I've always preferred cynical, cranky Ema to the 1-5 version but that is probably partly because I played AJ first so I was first introduced to Ema this way.

As I said, though, one of the reasons I like adult Ema is the cynical, sarcastic, and overall pissed off attitude she has in AJ, and while things have improved a great deal for everyone involved since AJ, I hope that this new, "happier" Ema is not just going to go back to being an iteration of 1-5 Ema. Hopefully she's still just as patronizing and short with Apollo & Co.

I'm glad to see that Trucy is the defendant, because it means she won't die. It also means she'll have a bigger role than she did in 5-2, which is good because I'd like to see her get more screentime.

I'm actually trying to avoid any story details I can at this time, so I'm only looking at the images and glancing at some of the descriptions, but overall this game is looking better and better to me. I hope we'll get some news on the Western side soon. We got info on DD around May if I remember correctly, so we'll see. I decided to not watch the prologue they released until after I beat DD, so I'm still not in the know about what is going on, but I'm really excited! (The 3rd case of DD is killing me. It stalled me for like 2 months the first time I played and it stalled me again. I think it's my least favorite case in the entire series, which is disappointing because I gave 5-1 and Turnabout Reclaimed 4/5 and 5-2 5/5, so so far all the other cases have been doing it for me. I don't remember how I felt about 5-4 and 5-5 so we'll see there but for some reason every time I try to sit down and continue 5-3 I get bored.)
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Bolt Storm wrote:
And then there's Ema! Having finally achieved her dream of becoming a forensic scientist,

This makes me very happy.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:
the same godawful song

You mean the Logic theme? I tried listening to it while looking at the screenshots, it really was fitting.

She's talking about 4-3, with THAT song.

Honestly, it's not bad on its own, but the trial centered around replaying it one too many times.

And speaking of music, I have been blown away by that beautiful music from that damaran (looks more like a Chinese pipa to me, though). Bard Jesus, please don't be guilty. I want to see you in more than that case...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

After taking a closer look at the scans, I wonder how much of the artifacts are from the scanner and how much are from the jpeg format. Seriously, AA6 has some of the best production art in the series, and I want it in all its unblemished glory, darn it!

Monkey with a gun

Absolutely beautiful

I love how Ema's properly holding her glasses now, Her AJ glasses sprite was off.

Also i find it interesting that the Casual shorts wearing dude is
Spoiler:
Wearing a similar Necklace to Wright, i wonder whose picture he's got in there

Monkey with a gun

Lusankya wrote:

Boy did you ever play T&T and DD? Because Stolen Turnabout and Turnabout Reclaimed would like a word with you.

Monkey with a gun

Poor Trucy

I remember back in Turnabout Serenade she stated she wanted to hold a big Magic Show in a big stage like the Stadium in said case.

She finally achieves her dream only for it be a horrible mess.

Trouble will always follow Wright and Co, it's a shame.

Spoiler:
Speaking of which, now that Trucy's on Trial, that only leaves Apollo who managed to stay scott free of any false charges and needed defending, realization must feel really good :apollo:

Hotdiddykong wrote:
Absolutely beautiful

I love how Ema's properly holding her glasses now, Her AJ glasses sprite was off.

Spoiler:

It doesn't look like a locket, just a necklace with the design of a woman's (goddess'?) head on it.

I'm more intrigued by the logo on his cup of coffee. Usually when it comes to bunny girls, one other infamous brand comes to mind...

Also, my search into the name "Shinoyama" leads to some interesting results... on Kichin Shinoyama, to be precise. I don't know if there will be a connection, but it seems suspicious to me.

迷探偵

For those interested in the pun behind Kanenari Shinoyama's name, it's probably based on the fact that Japanese TV production lingo, words are often switched around. Shinoyama for example is refered to as Yamashino, and in one of the screenshots he says shikuyoro, instead of yoroshiku. A different example (not from the screenshots, but in general) is that people often say shititaku instead of takushi/taxi. So the pun for his name likely either yamashi no narikin (a swindler/conman - Nouveau Riche), or yamashii narikin (a Nouveau Riche with a dirty conscience).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Hotdiddykong wrote:
Absolutely beautiful

Spoiler:

It's different, on the website you can see it on the close up version of is artwork:

Hotdiddykong wrote:
Lusankya wrote:

Boy did you ever play T&T and DD? Because Stolen Turnabout and Turnabout Reclaimed would like a word with you.

I know, I know. I just don't want her to be guilty. :sadshoe:

TheDoctor wrote:
After taking a closer look at the scans, I wonder how much of the artifacts are from the scanner and how much are from the jpeg format. Seriously, AA6 has some of the best production art in the series, and I want it in all its unblemished glory, darn it!

Have a look at the the official website, there are high quality images of the characters.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/6/character/

Btw. Ema and Trucy are in Maya's section now, what is it called? Mimi and Downey Jr. got shoved into the section of the other minor characters.

Lusankya wrote:

Bunny's coffee? And the logo are woman's legs in high heels? And he carries money in the pocket of his jacket of all places? Either this guy produces stuff pretty different from magic shows or he has some adult hobbies.

Oh, well. I guess we are getting an M rating again.

Ash wrote:
For those interested in the pun behind Kanenari Shinoyama's name, it's probably based on the fact that Japanese TV production lingo, words are often switched around. Shinoyama for example is refered to as Yamashino, and in one of the screenshots he says shikuyoro, instead of yoroshiku. A different example (not from the screenshots, but in general) is that people often say shititaku instead of takushi/taxi. So the pun for his name likely either yamashi no narikin (a swindler/conman - Nouveau Riche), or yamashii narikin (a Nouveau Riche with a dirty conscience).

Yes, he's totally the culprit in that case. I'm 100% sure now :p Can totally see him doing it to boost the audience of his TV channel by having exclusive scoop on a scandal or something. Like something straight out from a tabloid.

Anyway, footage from the official website: https://youtu.be/lcCGaTBJkxg
ImageImageImage

Gardevoir lover

Hotdiddykong wrote:
Spoiler:
Speaking of which, now that Trucy's on Trial, that only leaves Apollo who managed to stay scott free of any false charges and needed defending, realization must feel really good :apollo:

Eh give it time, he's going to eventually he's hanging with the wright crowd.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Jean Descole wrote:
the same godawful song

She's talking about 4-3, with THAT song.

Honestly, it's not bad on its own, but the trial centered around replaying it one too many times.

Correct. And now I refuse to listen to "Guitar's Serenade" unless it's the real vocal version.

...NAILED IT

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Yes! Finally the AJ cast is back together again (minus maybe Gavin, but he was seen in DD and I don't think he is necessary at this point). Ema is my favorite detective and I'm so glad to see that finally after 8 years we're getting old Ema back (Young Ema is fun but is really a different character; I've always preferred cynical, cranky Ema to the 1-5 version but that is probably partly because I played AJ first so I was first introduced to Ema this way.

As I said, though, one of the reasons I like adult Ema is the cynical, sarcastic, and overall pissed off attitude she has in AJ, and while things have improved a great deal for everyone involved since AJ, I hope that this new, "happier" Ema is not just going to go back to being an iteration of 1-5 Ema. Hopefully she's still just as patronizing and short with Apollo & Co.

I completely agree with you! It would really be disappointing to see her revert back to her personality as a teenager just because she acheived her dream. That's not how people work lol. I hope that she retains her grumpy realist personality, but is just happier overall because she finally gets to do something she truly loves.
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Lusankya wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

Have a look at the the official website, there are high quality images of the characters.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/6/character/

Btw. Ema and Trucy are in Maya's section now, what is it called? Mimi and Downey Jr. got shoved into the section of the other minor characters.

You're awesome. Thank you!

Breakdown

My perverted mind is now making a connection between Johnny Depp's coffee cup and Mimi's bunny ears.. Making me wonder if the secret she's hiding relates to a Playboy Bunny type past she's trying to clean up from (or still lives).

Argh gears be turning, I might start the AA6 blackout early before I find myself seeking out answers too much.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

So, it appears that the cutscenes for AA6 are being done by A-1 Pictures (which is the same company that is producing the anime) instead of Bones (PLvsAA and DD).

Mia Payne

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
So, it appears that the cutscenes for AA6 are being done by A-1 Pictures (which is the same company that is producing the anime) instead of Bones (PLvsAA and DD).

Well we know where the effort for the Anime went to.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

luck wrote:
Bunny's coffee? And the logo are woman's legs in high heels? And he carries money in the pocket of his jacket of all places? Either this guy produces stuff pretty different from magic shows or he has some adult hobbies.

Turnabout_Lawman wrote:
My perverted mind is now making a connection between Johnny Depp's coffee cup and Mimi's bunny ears.. Making me wonder if the secret she's hiding relates to a Playboy Bunny type past she's trying to clean up from (or still lives).

Argh gears be turning, I might start the AA6 blackout early before I find myself seeking out answers too much.

Thought I'd attempt to figure out the meaning of Mimi's name:
Spoiler: Trigger warning
-Her name contains the kanji for "beauty" (実) and "vegetable" (菜). The latter kanji is also used to refer to rapeseed, or "rape" for short. So take out the two "々" kanji in her name and it literally means "beauty of rape"--
:holdit:
Oh, my God. Anyone thinking what I'm thinking?

Ready for action!

Have there been any artwork rips yet? Would love to use the Trucy artwork for an avatar. :trucy:

Art Person

Lhancat wrote:
Have there been any artwork rips yet? Would love to use the Trucy artwork for an avatar. :trucy:

You can go onto the official site and just right click and "inspect element" to save any artwork. I'm on my phone atm so I can't, but it's pretty easy to do if you have Chrome or Firefox.

EDIT: I could on my phone XD
Spoiler: Trucy

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Just found out the meaning behind Mimi's name three posts above, and in doing so,
Spoiler: Possible 6-2 plot twist
I might have discovered Case 2's backstory.

Art Person

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Just found out the meaning behind Mimi's name three posts above, and in doing so,
Spoiler: Possible 6-2 plot twist
I might have discovered Case 2's backstory.

If you're correct and this is the case... then to stop myself crying I might start my media blackout sooner than later (It'd be a new take for the series, but by god :larry: ).
Page 1 of 3 [ 87 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes